ups uk charges

just placed a order for the first time after brexit was just wondering how what the procedure is to pay the import tax too ups .

Comments

• Eiher they will get in touch with you OR if you have a tracking, it will pop up on the tracking page (after 1 day) that you have VAT to pay. £10.50 admin fee + 20%.

• Thank you so hopefully Fanatec will give me tracking information when they shipped it

• Stephen JayStephen Jay Member
    edited April 2022

Fanatec didn't give me a tracking number directly, you need to find it from your order page on the their website. Keep checking it and you'll see the UPS tracking number appear on it eventually . This is from an order update email I got from them - "Our warehouse is currently preparing your shipment. Once it has left our warehouse, your tracking number will be visible in your account in your order details. "

As for import costs you'll get notification from UPS when payment is required.

• UPS will contact you via email once they got your parcel. You can pay online with debit/credit card or with cash to the driver. It's very likely he/she won't have any change.

• Thank you for your reply. I got email today from fanatec saying it has shipped but still no tracking No on my Account page hopefully 🙏 soon

• My order has shipped but 2 days later still no tracking number how long normally is it before I will see it on my account. Personally I think they should including it in the email you get notification u get saying it been processed

• Mine didn't appear straight away I don't think. When you click view on the order the tracking number will be underneath "shipping type".

Also be aware that your stuff may get stuck in the Herne-Boernig UPS depot for a couple of days showing as having missed it's scheduled departure . It's happened to two of my orders but nothing to worry about, just annoying when you're waiting for it to come.

• thank u for your reply i l looked under shipping type was nothing

• just look at it maximum twice a day. preferably once a day. better for mental health...

• i Got my tracking No 3 days later. Logged into ups to pay import duty was nothing then today my order arrived all ok and was just given it by driver was not asked for payment so I have not paid any VAT or handling charge still nothing on ups site