what do i need for playstation 5?

hello

I have:

Podium Wheelbase DD1, Clubsport Steering Wheel Formula V2, Clubsport Pedals V3

works fine on xbox and pc. what do i need to race on ps5? just a new steering wheel? which one can you recommend to me?

Thx

Tom

Comments

• Hi Tom,

you need a PS compatible Wheelbase, the DD1 will not work on PS5 as it doesn't have the PS chip. The GT DD Pro or the Podium Racing Wheel are compatible with Playstation.

• There are also third-party devices available, such as DriveHub or Ras1ution, which are cheaper but of course, not officially supported by Fanatec.

• uuhh. that doesnt sounds really good. i have a race seat and it would be great to use it for all 3 platforms.

if i read right, the Podium Racing Wheel F1® - officially licenced for PS4™ | Fanatec is compatible with pc, ps and xbox ready. can i use my formula v2 with it to make it compatible with the xbox?

if this works i maybe can sell my dd1 to make it not that expensive.

Thx

Tom

• The DD1 bundle for ps4 (Podium Racing wheel) and the DD Pro are the 2 DD wheelbases you can use with Sony consoles and Xbox if you use an Xbox compatible wheel.

Last year I canceled the order of the Formula wheel 2.5 and ordered the V2.5X because the first offers PC-PS support while the 2.5X PC-PS-Xbox support.

I can’t say if the original Fprmula V2 (now discontinued) offering was on all three platforms but I’m quite confident ... let’s say 99% 😅

So the answer to your question could be a ye....s?

Ciao!

• Yes you should be ok with that, the Podium Racing Wheel (why is named like that a complete wheelbase and steering wheel bundle is still unclear to me ) is Pc-ps compatible otherwise it wouldn’t be stated as “Xbox-ready”.... meaning that a proper Xbox compatible wheel is needed .... so my understanding is that the V2.5 and the Podium Racing wheel...ehm, wheel are offering the same compatibility (PC-PS).... yes not considering the obvious difference of the APM on the bundled wheel.

The “full” ones are the discontinued V2 (your model I guess) and the actual V2.5X.

.... Podium Racing Wheel ..... it should be a wheel ... no?

I’m missing something for sure .... 😅

Ciao!

• @all

thanks for your replies.

if i look at my old order for the clubsport racing wheel formula v2 it say that its compatible with: pc, ps ready and xbox. so i will still need a new wheelbase. is it planned to sell the Podium Wheel Base DD1 PS4 separetly?

Regards

Tom

• Well I guess none of us knows what’s planned .... but I wouldn’t hold my breath, this specific bundle has been always like that.

Ciao!