buttons and shifters stop working mid race (CSW 2.5 & V2 rim)

Hello,

on multiple occasions in the middle of a race all buttons on my formula v2 rim stop working, but i still have FFB and throttle/pedal work fine. After a restart of the base, it works again, but it doesnt last long. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and still no luck. does anyone have advise? thank you.,

Comments

• I once had this issue with one of my Porsche wheels. Turned out that after a few laps, the FFB was shaking enough to cause my mouse to move and the game was then wanting to take button inputs from my keyboard. The way I figured this out was that none of the buttons but the wheel config button worked, and once in the wheel setting menu, the switches you use to navigate it started working.

Another thing you should check is if any of the pins on the wheel connection are slightly bent, which might be causing your issues.

• This is has also started happening to me this week. The wheel almost "freezes" as the LED lights stay stuck at a certain rpm. No idea what the fix is yet but I'll stay tuned here.

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Which Driver/firmware are you using as this is a known issue in the latest version.

• I am using a podium F1 base and wheel. The PC driver is the latest 352 driver and the WB firmware is 669, which is the latest as well.

• Both are not latest and actually really unstable ones. Please update at least to driver 356 or even better 365. 352 with included firmwares is unstable and can cause BSODs.

Or go to the latest official driver 346, but avoid driver 352.

• where do i find the latest driver? in wheel property page it says it's fully updated

• NEVER use the wheel property updater to look for a newer driver. That tool is NOT smart and it does not check if a newer driver is available online, it just checks if your firmware is up-to-date (so it only checks if you have at least the firmware installed which are included in the driver itself, it doesn't check anything else.).

The newer beta drivers are only available here in this Forum in the Beta Driver part. Driver 346 would be available also on the DD download page.

• I downloaded the most recent driver (365) and followed the instructions to update the firmware.

• Driver Version: 365
    • Base FW Version: 672
    • Wheel FW Version: 38
    • FanaLab Version: 1.12

The wheel is still freezing after a complete restart of the system. I can still turn, just no button functionality. Any other ideas?

• You could try without FanaLab or the much newer version 1.23 which is suited for driver 365.

If issue is still happening you could try the latest stable driver 346 with included firmwares (so downgrade the firmware back to 662/30/28).

If even then the issue is still there then you need to contact the support.