Force Feedback Performance Change Overnight!

Hello Everyone - looking for some help here.

I've had my V3 pedals, CSW V2.5 and Formula Carbon V2 wheel for a couple of months now.

Sunday afternoon / evening I was practicing in iracing, everything fine. (I think they may have been an update to windows sunday night though I am not sure)

The next day I have powered on the wheel and started Iracing without changing any items at all. I was unable to use the wheel in any way in the game.

To Start trouble shooting, I opened the Fanatec drivers and my device did not appear in the window. I believe after re-powering on and off the wheel it appeared and I then had to re-map all of my buttons, pedals, steering axis etc.

After I have done this I have started driving, the force feedback is working, though it is of a completely different feel to usual, generally lighter and quite vague. The motor is still capable of producing plenty of force as I can turn up the FFB and the motor will increase the forces but it still does not feel "right" to me

. I have checked all wheel settings and Iracing settings and these are all the same as they were before.

I have since re-installed all of the drivers and re-flashed all of the firmware to wheel base, motor and steering wheel which did not fix the issue.

I have also since updated the drivers to the latest version I can find and tried to resolve the issue by fiddling with the settings in fanalab to no avail. - The steering just doesn't feel right!

Has anyone had any experience with something similar?

Let me know if I can clarify further.

Kind regards,

Jamie

Comments

• Same thing on my CSL 1.1

Was fine last night (6/11) but now its "dead" feeling with no centering force outside of iracing. Wheel used to have centering force and resistance once powered on. Now nothing.

• So it seems this is due to a windows update. At least I think that's the issue. I got my 1.1 back to "normal". Here is how...

1. Power down wheel
    2. Open
    3. File Explorer - This PC - Computer tab - Open Settings - Devices - Find FANATEC Wheel base under Other devices - Right Click - Remove device
    4. Restart computer
    5. Power on wheel - should see a box saying something like "Windows is setting up you new device Fanstec…."

So far that has fixed my issue for now. I haven't shut down to see if this is a permanent fix. Again only thing to change on my pc was the windows update.

• You are a legend, thank you for this!