Fanatec Driver 450 (Prev. Official Release) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Thanks to the Fanatec team!

The update to driver ver. 448 and the firmware worked perfectly on my DD1. A CS UHX with GT steering wheel, the ClubSport pedals V3 inverted, the CS handbrake V1.5 and the ClubSport Shifter SQ V1.5 are connected to this. Everything works perfectly, even the shifter shifts all gears without any problems. I find the FFB more sensitive, which allows me to feel and correct the car even better.

I wish you all a well-deserved break and a Merry Christmas. After a controlled slide into the new year, I am looking forward to further innovations.

• Hi Fanatec-Team,

just an update to the topic I made a post earlier in December (maybe Maurice remembers, because he answered on that topic):

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/26980/podium-f1-firmware-versions-in-pc-comp-mode#latest

On my DD1 PS4 I now updated to the latest firmware inckuded in driver V448 (of course done that in PC mode) --> everything fine.

In PC Comp mode, though, the firmware update manager still shows firmwares of the CSW2.5 to be updated (see the screenshot in my link above of driver V447 - same thing with V448). There is no pop-up or anything, just if you go in the firmware update manager it can be seen.

It´s not a big problem, because it is adviced to do wheel base updates in PC mode.

But when I noticed this glitch, I put a new steering wheel on the wheelbase while being in PC comp mode and then the pop-up came up, that there is a new steering wheel firmware available and sent me right in the firmware update manager. If I would have clicked the update button in there, it maybe would have tried to not only install the steering wheel firmwares, but also the two CSW2.5 base and motor firmwares.

Of course I haven´t done that and the process maybe would have failed anyway, but maybe this situation could also lead to brick the wheel base for inexperienced users, so I think this should be addressed.

But maybe I´m also just the only one with these CSW2.5 firmwares showing up in PC Comp mode :).

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Hi,

CSW V2.5 / SW FORMULA V2 / CSL EP LCK user:

Flawless update as usual.

Congratulations to Fanatec Devs!

Best Regards,

Oli

• Finnaly work good for me for now! Dd1.

• I try assetto corsa. Richard burns rally. And dirt rally2.0 and all fell good expect for dirt i must figure best settings for me. So far so good👍

• dejan carlidejan carli Member
    edited December 2022
  • Justin GreenJustin Green Member
    edited December 2022

I have installed this new driver however the base is still not detected. I have held the button on the base on for 10 seconds and it turns the fan on and then turns off again. I have the F1 wheel (working fine before update), but now have the Porsche GT3 wheel, hence the update. Now I can't use either. Can anyone suggest what I can do to fix this? I had installed Driver 447 (same issue) and now Driver 448 and the base will not stay on or be detected. I am using a Windows PC. Thanks for any help.

• i have the same problem. My solution for now was change the shiffter connection in wheel base from shiffter 2 to shiffter 1 and hoppe the same doesn't happen in this port too until they find a solution. For sure more ppl will have the same problem.

• edited December 2022

The CSS is supposed to be plugged into Shifter Port 1 ONLY and under no circumstances into Shifter Port 2!

Port 2 is for the Static Shifter Paddles exclusively, as you can read in the Quick Guides and Manuals.

So if you have issues with the CSS in Port 2, then it's kinda expected and nothing where Fanatec needs to find a solution as the solution is to not use a CSS in Port 2 ;)

• Hello,

it seems, that the H-shifter calibration with the Control panel don’t work properly. Have the same with DD2 and driver 448. But if the calibration is done with the wheel it will work without problems.

many regards

• I always and exclusively calibrate through the Driver and have zero issues with the H-Shifter now with the new Firmware.

• Hello,

What is Motor Data Analysis Screen?

I've found this under DD updates:

Fixed wrong Nm values on the Motor Data Analysis Screen where the value increased from x.9 to x.10 instead of the next full value.

If there is any app that shows the exact torque that's been used, can anyone post a picture here or send it to me in private?

Thanks!

Andrei

• That's the screen of the Podium DD which shows rhe current Torque and Peak Torque of the last 10 seconds.

According to the manual this can be accessed by pressing the Tuning Menu Button and click the Dpad right 2 times.

• 1: Not quite sure if it’s related to V448:

Every once in a while I’m experiencing mis-shifts on the Clubsport RS Wheel as well as on the Clubsport F1 v2 with advanced paddle module when flippering through gears. This is on downshifts as well as on upshifts - but of course I notice it more on downshifts in breaking zones, where you usually downshift quickly. I haven‘t noticed it on V447 firmwares.

Doesn‘t matter if in PC mode or PS4/PS5 mode on the DD1 PS4 wheelbase.

2: And one more thing I noticed with V447 firmwares and now on V448 as well:

In PS4/PS5 mode on the DD1 PS4: In GT7 when I change the Clubsport F1 v2 wheel to the Clubsport RS wheel the Rev leds on the Clubsport RS aren‘t working until I cycle the wheelbase through all the modes to PS4/PS5 again (maybe switching off and of the wheelbase would help as well). This doesn‘t happen when switching the wheels from Clubsport RS to the F1 v2 (leds then work immediately on the F1 v2). I don‘t know if this happens in other PS5 racing games as well - only have GT7 on PS5.

• Regarding issue 2: that's normal and affects every wheel when changing from a RGB capable wheel to a non-RGB capable wheel but it's a SDK issue, not related to driver 447 or 448.

• Thank you for your answer.

At first it was connected to port 2 and it was working well, then in the middle of a game i switched from sequencial to H pattern and the problem comes up. I thought it was the new driver but if the problem was that its ok. My bad. Thanks again.

• I was able to update the driver and the base firmware with zero issues. Thanks Marcel, Maurice ,and everyone at Fanatec who work to make our equipment better!

• I updated to 448 and am now having a problem I can't seem to fix. When I am in iRacing the wheel is inverted no matter what I do and also the wheel is turning full left as hard as it can go on its own or full right which ever direction it is leaning. It is turning so violently I am afraid its going to break if I continue to try to test out fixes. Is this happening to anyone, any advice on how to fix it?

Base: GT DD Pro

Wheel: formula v2

• Rolled back everything and fixed it, not sure what the bug is here but I am sure its something I did

• After updating to 448 all my settings are gone and the base defaults to linear mode and everything off except FEI, FOR and DPR they are all on 100 and SEN is on a weird 2360° O.o

Is it because i had the testfirmware on my base before or is it a bug in the firmwareupdater?

• edited December 2022

Sounds like you use an incompatible FanaLab Version in combination with this new driver which screws up the settings maybe?!

Did you restarted the base and the pc already?

Definitely not a bug in the firmwareupdater as its fine for thousands of other people, something weird on your machine is causing some weird issue.

• regarding #2 GT7 has done this with switching wheels for me while in the game DD Pro8 for as many versions back as i can recall. Only solution I’ve found is to disconnect/reconnect controller by power cycle the wheel or use the PS button to remove controller. Rev lights come back after that

• "Fixed FunkySwitch Encoder missing steps when rotating fast."

My god amazing update, thank you for fixing this! (I'm serious)

• Lino CarreiraLino Carreira Member
    edited December 2022

Well i did the calibration thru the driver and it still fails ence i rolled back, i could have done something wrong ofc...but since im not the only one with the issue perhaps.... theres an issue on the firmware who knows ? I did send a video with the issue.

• New behavior since updating: after about 10 minutes of lapping in a practice session on ACC (on PC), wheel (F1 podium PS4) stops responding to any buttons or paddles, but steering inputs still registered in game. Restarting wheelbase (DD1 PS4) and ACC restores button and paddle function.

This happened 3 times today

• Hi guys,

First time post here and i am pulling my hair out and need some advice. Recently i started having an issue where i would load into a server (online or offline, didnt make a difference) and i could sit in the pits for hours if i wanted to, but as soon as i drove out and got to pit exit, iRacing would completely crash without warning. Then about 10 seconds later, the iracing menu would re-appear. This happened randomly but is now happening all the time and its getting very frustrating!

I ran the windows dx diagnostic tool and have found the error as attached. Something to do with fanatecapp.exe i think is causing iracing to crash. So i just want to see if anyone has encountered something similar and how they went about fixing it. I am running all of the latest release firmware and fanalab software. I even went so far this morning as to completely remove everything from my pc and reinstall it, but the issue remains.

Not sure if i should be downgrading firmware versions or if there is an actual fix for this that ive overlooked.

Please help!

Mark

• Driver 448 installed, firmware installed. Fully functional DD2. Thank you Fanatec!

This discussion has been closed.