Fanatec Driver 450 (Prev. Official Release) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Since the 447 version I have had the same problem of shifting gears. Sometimes the gear change doesn't happen and I have to press twice to get the gear change. 

I have already contacted support thinking it was a hardware problem, but even after checking the problem persists. 

I have also tried to go back to version 442 which has an older firmware and the problem has disappeared. 

The problem occurs randomly and is very difficult to catch.

• Hi Camille,

yeah, good to know, I‘m not imagining things. Seems like „double-clicks“ are not registered sufficiently. As this happens on both wheels, I also think it‘s not a hardware issue.

• 448 Installed DDpro 8 w Formula V2 CSP3 SQ1.5 and Handbrake. Seems all fully functional. Only observed things were that wheel vibration motor ran full all during base upgrade. After wheel upgrade, driver test for wheel vibration motors did not activate them even tho shock was set to ON for that setting bank.

But I assume the motors are still working as they ran during the FW update, so no big just FYI

Thx!

• It is normal that the FOrmula v2 vibration motors rumble during an update, yes.

Reason why they dont work even though SHO is set to on might be because you use BLI? BLI is not supported to work in parallel with steering wheel vibration test in the driver or with telemetry based vibration effects from FanaLab. So double check to set BLI to OFF when you want to test the rumble motors in the driver test or when you want to use FanaLab vibration effects.

• There is an intermittent problem there. I have a DD2, Clubsport Formula V2, and SQ 1.5 Shifter plugged into the base.

Before Christmas I did the shifter calibration from the control panel, the control panel window asked me to put the shifter in neutral, but the display on the wheel said to put the shifter in reverse. If I followed the instructions on the control panel my gears were messed up, but if I followed the instructions on the wheel everything was okay. I can't repeat the problem now through, wheel and control panel are in agreement.

I'm also still getting mis-shifts. They are nowhere near as common, but they still happen.

• Exactly the same problem since v447. In my case with the DD pro and both with the GT wheel and with the Formula v2.

• Michael GomezMichael Gomez Member
    edited December 2022

Hi, I installed this driver and after about a week of trying to get it dialed in, I just couldn't get to feel how I like. I did feel more detailed but the wheel would light mid corner, low to medium speed corners just no feeling, high speed corners it was fine. So I decided to go back to driver 415 which is the best feeling for me. I did this via the Fanatec Control Panel, I used the button on the top right to do the roll back, I followed all the on screen instructions and completed the flash successfully, but after doing so my steering wheel buttons wont work only the screen lights up with the fanatec logo. any ideas what's wrong?

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): Podium DD2
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): F1 V2 2018
    • Driver Version: 415
    • Base FW Version: 686
    • Motor FW Version: 40
    • Wheel FW Version: 46
    • FanaLab Version: not installed
    • Tuning Menu settings
    • SEN 1080, FFB 100, FFS PEAK, NDP 25, NFR 10, NIN 20, INT 5, FEI 70, FOR 90, SPR 0, DPR 0
    • Driver/FanaLab installed on C: Yes
    • With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs

EDIT: nvm I flashed the Wheel and it's working now, I went down to driver 41, since it had green letters saying up to date I assumed I didn't need a flash.

EDIT 2: Any recommended settings for iracing for the latest driver, I did not have that issue on driver 415 with the settings I posted above.

• fran roncerofran roncero Member
    edited December 2022

Hello!

After upgrading my base, I still have the problem of a big input lag on the brake pedal when I connect them directly to the base.

I have an 8nm CSL DD and some Clubsport V3.

Is there any option to eradicate this problem?

I like to have them connected to the base because it saves me a USB and I can change the brake hardness on the fly, but with this input lag I can't race well.

With previous versions of the V3 I don't have these problems, but I lose all the improvements that you have put in the last version, which are very good...

Thank you for your work and your effort to make this better every day.

• Well, no new pedal Firmware so no improvement possible in this regard ;)

It's under investigation to be improved sometime next year but so gar nobody was able to really reproduce this issue. I for example have the exact same input lag when I connect the pedals via RJ12 or via USB. So there must be more to it which does not affect everyone and to find what's causing this is quite hard.

• Yes, the problem is present on my both wheels too. What simulation do you play on? I only have iRacing, so I don't know if it's related to this one in particular? 

I had set up a test to detect the problem by recording the Fanatec control panel at the same time as I was driving, and the times when the gears don't shift, pressing the physical key doesn't cause any action in the panel. 

I have not seen this problem with any of the other buttons on the steering wheel, only the gear shift seems to have this problem. 

Maybe some people have information about miss shifts? 

• This is good to know. I'm on a Podium DD1. The problem doesn't seem to be hardware related, but software related.

• Csl dd windows 11 plugged into own usb port . I have tried every different port . Fanatic control panel keeps crashing 447 and 448 .. when I open the software it crashes immediately . If the wheel is turned off software open fine . When I turn wheel on “in pc mode “ crashed software . So fanatic own base is crashing the software . When I went back to 443 software open fine . i also updated the firm ware on the base to latest woth 443 . Went back to 447 and 448 crashed again . The other fanatic software can t remember what’s that’s called work fine never crashes ..

• In my case I have tried with ACC, iracing and GT7 and it happens in all of them. I don't think it's related to the game, it must be something with the firmware or the hardware...

• I'm afraid W11 has a lot of problems . W10 is the way to go for now.

This looks exactly the same as when W7 became W10. Full of problems in the beginning.....

• edited December 2022

I have exactly zero issues with W11 and would always prefer it over W10 without even thinking.

Also W11 is available for well over a year, it's not in it's "beginning" phase anymore.

• Hello,

I have the GT DD PRO but i don't use it for a long time, the Fanatec Control Panel driver i have installed on my PC is the 439.

Should i uninstall it from my PC before i install the new one (447) ?

Is the 447 the correct one?

After i install the right Driver how do i update my Fanatec GT DD PRO and my Steering wheels the right way?

What should i update first?

Wheel base, motor or what?

I'm sorry to ask an obvious question but i think it's better to ask than do something wrong.

Thank you in advance :)

• You dont NEED to uninstall the old driver first, overwriting over the existing install should work fiine, but I always uninstall the old driver first to be totally sure to not run into any unexpected issues caused by some file not being properly overwritten.

So I would always suggest to uninstall the old driver first, yes. Its 10 extra seconds so shouldnt be a problem for anyone.

The update order is all automatic, just click the green update button and the updater will do everything for you. MJust make sure you actually read the pop-ups which many people simply ignore and afterwards complain about missing things etc... ;)

• Ok, thank you so much for your quick response and helping me with the update

Happy new year :)

• I’ll post this again I got no response the first time. Csl dd windows 11 plugged into own usb port . I have tried every different ports . Fanatic control panel keeps crashing 447 and 448 .. when I open the software it crashes immediately . If the wheel is turned off software open fine . When I turn wheel on “in pc mode “ crashed software . So fanatic own base is crashing the software . When I went back to 444 software open fine . i also updated the firm ware on the base to latest with 443 . Went back to 447 and 448 crashed again . The other fanatic software can t remember what’s that’s called work fine never crashes ..this happen with a previous version of the software about a year ago . Woth windows 10 I was able to ge got to not crash by turning off the base opening tue software then turning the base back on .. this does not work now . I have contacted support they did not ask for log files which I found strange they ask me to try it on a lap top and gave me a list of things to do like have it pluged into its own usb port. Boot loader mode etc .. nothing worked .

• Hi. I have the Podium shifters but the exact same thing happens to me. Sometimes I am forced to double change, as the gear does not enter. I only drive on iRacing. It's very random and that's not always the case

• what is this thing! I have been installing my dd2 all month of December, and every time the same fanatec control panel sees nothing, driver 448 installed, I would like to drive back instead of being busy with my computer, fanatec itself does not respond to emails, I bought 2000 € worth of products here, and nothing still works pfff, very dissatisfied with fanatec,

• I just bought a used DD1. When I plugged it in, the fan was running at full speed. The base was also on a very old version - I saw 40 for the motor version, which I think was around driver version 415. I tried a firmware update, which appeared to succeed, I was able to get my wheel to show up in iRacing and AC, and map the buttons. But I cannot get force feedback on any game I try, and the FFB test in the control panel app does nothing. The fan also runs non-stop. I tried upgrading to 448, as well as downgrading to 440, 439, and 415. None of them fixed the FFB or fan issues.

When trying to get back from 415 to 447, the update said it needed to go to base firmware 687 first. it did that, and now it is failing to update to 3.0.anything, the firmware manager gets into a 'not responding' state. I've attached the most recent zip file. My previous logs all seem to end with the same timeout:

FWMNGR: --------------------------------->> FanatecDevice.CDC_MODE.MOTOR

FWMNGR: --------------------------------->> WheelBaseMotorOrRimUpdate initiated > MODE: 0

FWMNGR: FirmwareManager::UpdaterWait Checking for FwBaseMotorUpdater in 60 seconds...

FWMNGR: FirmwareManager::UpdaterWait Max waiting time for FwBaseMotorUpdater has been reached....

FWMNGR: ERROR: PrivateWheelBaseMotorOrRimUpdate failed! A problem has been encountered while starting Update Mode

I'm waiting for the invoice from the previous owner, will I be able to open a support ticket with that? If that's a better path to get help, I can wait and do that tomorrow. Thanks in advance, and I hope there's some path out of this. I was really looking forward to my first DD base, and now I'm pretty bummed that I can't use it.

• edited January 2023

I force-flashed the base back to driver 415 to see if I can move things forward. Now my base is at 686, and motor is at 38. I'm assuming those 2 aren't compatible with each other, which is why it's unable to flash the motor to something newer? I've been going through the change log, but I can't find which base version is compatible with motor version 38. Is there an older driver I could downgrade to, which would let my base talk to the motor which is now at 38?

Update: Tried driver version 365, which looked like it had motor FW 38. Now I'm at 672 / 38, but I have the same behavior, I cannot flash the motor to a newer FW. I'll stop trying more driver versions now, hopefully someone sees this and can point me in the right direction.

• edited January 2023

Dont know exactly but I think for Motor v38 you need the FW included either in driver 356 or driver 365.

If that didnt helped then I think your base has some kind of hardware issue and you need to contact the support.

• edited January 2023

I finally thought to look in the upgrade logs, and found what the downgrade set things to: 670/38. I flashed the base to driver 356 like you said, and that put the firmware back to 670/38, so thanks for that. Then I tried to upgrade to 415 which is 686/40, it started by trying to update the motor to 40, but still timed out / failed. But I looked at the logs and saw it encountered the 'ping' error on trying to update the wireless quick release, and the log file said to try again. So I shut down some background processes and retried the upgrade, and it worked! I then stepped my way back up the firmware versions. I hit the timeout error a couple of times, but the same steps (reboot the base, shut down background processes) got me past that.

For my notes:

356 - 670/38

415 - 686/40

439 - 691/42

448 - 3.0.1.3/3.0.0.2

Now I think I'm back to where I started:

* Firmware on 448 - 3.0.1.3/3.0.0.2

* Motor calibration completes, then I get the 'exceeded max rotation' error

* Fan still running at 100%

* No FFB / FFB test does nothing

So that's a relief to not have a bricked base any more. Any suggestions on the fan / FFB issue? I submitted a support ticket for this, now that I've resolved the upgrade/downgrade issues.

• Your base definitely has a hardware issue when some WQR related issues are happening - this is something which the customer can not fix, the base needs to be repaired or even exchanged so there is no other way for you other than contacting the support.

• I have just updated to 448, and upgraded my DD1 to latest firmware... However, when trying to update my BME and/or Mclaren V2 to latest I'm getting this issue.

Error: Connect device failed(Error: UartPeripheral() cannot open PC UART port(COM4), speed(19200 Hz).).

Power OFF the wheel base and retry update.

Anyone able to help?

• You need to contact the support as your WQR module is damaged.

• f1 22 driver 448 ?:

DD1

formula V2 rim

v3 pedals

Xbox Series X

f1 22 game

GDK update fixes Sensitivity issues from 2520 to now 1080 degrees. The car drives the same with the exception of an accident when the wheel turns to the full extent of its 1080 degrees and then makes the user unwind it back to straight. This is worse than the 2520 workaround as it is significantly slower when in an accident scenario and routinely causes another crash when time trialing and restarting a lap after a crash.

please fix this, I beta tested F1 21 and reported the 2520 at that time. It’s 18 months later and still Microsoft and Fanatec SDK cannot play nice or use telemetry/lights. Let’s get this done, you are a featured sponsor of the F1 22 game.

• It's the best "workaround" possible until Microsoft fixes the origin issue in the Xbox GDK with a future Xbox OS update.

This discussion has been closed.