Patience is a virtue :)

Order finally on its way after six weeks :)

Oct 30: Placed an order for a Rally Button Module, and a QR2 wheel side. Said to be shipping in 4-7 days.

Nov 23: Status changed to 'Completely Shipped'

Nov 29: Label created

Dec 13: Shipped by UPS

Dec 18: Expected arrival

So while it takes time, orders will arrive. There is no quick fix to the logistics issues, it's not like Fanatec can hire hundreds of new employees and suddenly all orders are shipped instantly. My personal guess is that it will take months before shipping is back to relatively normal.

I understand the wait is painful for those who are waiting with no other gear to use, but to be honest, these are luxury toys and not worth getting too upset about. And to say that Fanatec is scamming you and stealing your money is way off the mark in my opinion.

Comments

• 100% agree with you. glad you finally got your stuff, enjoy!

• So it took them 6 weeks to ship to you outside of the black Friday madness and this seems acceptable when the shipping estimates I assume they gave you were 4-7 days (and maybe an extra 5 due to their logistics partner swap)?

Does this mean everyone who ordered around the BF period will be waiting 12 weeks+?

• David DeGreefDavid DeGreef Member
    edited December 2023

USA - If they haven't hired people to work in the warehouses they may want to get on it. Currently 28% of the product (bases and steering wheels) are either sold out or on preorder. This excludes accessories such as hand brakes, QR2, shifters, etc.. which if part of an order would make availability to consumer even more limited.

My point is if their parts and manufacturing in China gets its act together and product becomes available it will need alot more than patience if they don't increase their human resources to process orders and ship product. The problem isn't going to miraculously fix itself with time, as a company you want to grow the business and problems that exist now will only be made worse over time unless addressed. Which doesn't include asking for patience and understanding from your customers.

When I order my first Fanatec product, nearly 20 years ago, it didn't require nearly as much patience.

• It isn't necessarily acceptable in the long run, but understandable given the problems with the new distribution partner and massive sales during BF (I'm guessing my order was further delayed by BF as well).

My main point is that orders arrive, even though the wait is very long currently.

• I am 1000% fine with waiting. It's a great product. The purposeful lack of communication is what is frustrating.

• If it wasn't purchased for a special occasion I'd tend to agree. 1st world problems and all that. But when you order in-stock items, in plenty of time for Christmas, then expecting to *have* them in time for Christmas isn't unreasonable. And, when hit with the level of incompetence seen here, it is a bit of a kick in the teeth and the upset for people in the same position as my lad will be on Christmas day - unwrapping an IOU from Fanatec rather than a nice sim rig - is real.