Fanatec Driver 455 Release for CSL, CS and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• If i leave it like that is it in long time sight over the years bad for the base and can it lead to damage? Or is it just a beauty failure. Thank you

• edited January 25

Nobody really can answer what happens in some years. However it is very unlikely that coil whine can damage the motor over time.

For now it is handled just as a beauty failure which is of course annoying and should not happen.

• I tried updating DD Pro wheel base firmware to 1.1.10.6 from driver 454 back in December, but firmware failed to update. I have now tried again to update Firmware from 455 (1.1.11.3) and still the same issues. Firmware update times out with flashing blue light on wheel base. Tried update multiple times with different wheel modes (compat vs PC) but nothing works.

Previous firmware updates (before 454) have all worked with no issues.

Wheel Base Motor Firmware updated fine to 1.0.3.2 in 455. I manually updated Clubsport v2 wheel firmware sucessfully to v47 and Clubsport V3 Pedals are already at latest firmware (v1.35)

I repaired Windows 11 drivers 455, restarted, unplugged all other USB devices. Still will not update Wheel Base or QR firmware

Wheel connects fine via USB otherwise and I can access all menus and switches on wheel and wheel base feedback tests working.

any ideas how to get this wheel base FW updating?

Thanks Darren

• Turns out it was the front USB-C port it was normally plugged into. I swapped the USB port to a rear port and the Firmware update worked fine. No idea why the other updates had no issue with the USB port and it was only the wheel base update that failed.

• To be honest Darren. Request a ticket right away Contact support to return & re-und.. It might take ininity years or them to reply but its diinitely worth it. i gets RMA sell it marketplace. Money can,t buy happiness. their sotware/irmware is weak. Poor programming. World is changing and getting new technology theyre ar rom that reality. maybe gave them until 2050 lol.

• ad vosad vos Member
    edited January 26
    I have installed the latest driver. Now when I play Acc or F1 2023 for a while the switching stops. and does not send anything anymore.
     shows the last speed even if I am already standing still. lingers on it

• Jean MarthJean Marth Member
    edited January 26

Thanks for your feedback, as nobody mentioned anything else I was going with the 455 driver and the Firmware Updater goes through more or less without problems.

The only point where it doesn't goes as expected was when the wheel wanted do be calibrated (CAL blinking on the display). I was not able to calibrate the wheel - nothing happend when I pressed the 2 wheel buttons for calibration - so I had to stop the Firmware Updater and calibrated the wheel with the driver functionality. After that I restarted the Firmware Updater and he goes on with the remaining tasks. Tested if the calibration with the wheel buttons is now broken, but it calibrated now fine ... so I don't now why there was a problem in the middle of the firmware update process. Also the save and restore of the tuning settings S1 - S5 did not function, all where set to default after the update.

In summary no problem with the firmware update process with my nearly 5 years old DD2 wheelbase also coming from a very old firmware version.

--> The only thing I noticed immediately with the 455 driver is that the FFB jolts occur much more frequently now than with the old 429 driver and its firmware. So the information: "The steering input jump issue was greatly improved" seems not correct for DD wheel bases.

• Any update on the WRC podium module being updated to support sequential shifting on PS4/5 yet? Be great if my £650 ornament of a steering wheel can be used 😂

• Is it defo going to be fixed though? As if not I’ll get a refund as the product isn’t as advertised

• Of course it is going to be fixed. It is just unknown when this will be.

• ad vosad vos Member
    edited January 26
    F1 wheelI have installed the latest driver. Now when I play Acc or F1 2023 for a while the switching stops. and does not send anything anymore.
     shows the last speed even if I am already standing still. lingers on. this is with a F1 wheel

• edited January 26

What a stupid comment, you should be banned for that one, wow.

•  Instead of threatening to ban me, solve the problem that we are so many in trouble with this driver that has blocked all csl dd drives.

Ruined the game for many the lives of others.

The steering wheel arrived on the 5th of January; on the 10th it didn't work you realize.

Get moving, we're tired of waiting.  

• Gökhan OgulGökhan Ogul Member
    edited January 26

The Driver 455 has a critical bootloader bug when the firmware is installed on Clubsport DD!

Do not turn off your CS DD Base after turning on the base and during booting! Some people has push the power on button again to switch to xbox mode, but the base is turned off. After this, the base is bricked and power on dont works! What ever you do, nothing helps, the base is dead! is also not recognized by windows. Power Led is off forever.

I've read all the posts and problems with Power On and everything points to this. with a few exceptions.

The F1 Wheel Bug is still present, even with Driver 454. The Steering Wheel will be only reconized when you plugin it after power on the base. I thinks is a error caused from broken WQR Chip.

• edited January 26

No idea about which one specific problem you are talking about. Driver 455 has not blocked "all csl dd drives".

• Not only is it a malfunctioning update.

If I think the support advised me to download the 455 drive.

To restore my cls dd.

And you, who are the programmer in the forum, recommend going back to the old versions (451-454).

Only from this can you understand how orderly you are and have everything under control. You don't understand each other, and you don't understand each other.

I hope that with the weekly 7 and 7 day replies the support will take back this product and make me the return.

I certainly can't say I'm well supported. And let him be sure that he has invested the money in fanatec.

• I've updated my csl dd to the latests driver and now it feels grainy, any ideas on setting i can changebto Oron this out? I've nerver updated it since I got this at the beginning of 2022

• Just increase the INT like 6-7, and the grainy feeling gone.

• Ok I’m getting rather frustrated, appreciate your replies but imo it’s unacceptable to not even be given an estimated date this will be fixed. Boostedmedia on YouTube is now also aware of this issue so it’s now going to be widespread.

• When I would give an estimated date and then it would take longer, then also everyone would complain.

When we dont know when an issue can be fixed, then it's better to not give any date.

Rest assured the issue is known and under investigation with high Prio to be fixed soon.

• Hi Maurice & Marcel, please I need some help from you or somebody else from Fanatec. From some weeks now I have an issue, over which I already post it here for some help/guidance from Fanatec, but did not get support, not sure if you check it.

The issue is for some weeks ago I started to race long races in iRacing, before the longest race I made in any sim was 1hr, now I started racing more than 2 hrs without stopping, usually 2:40hrs races in iRacing. The issue as explained in my previous post is the following:

After approx. 2 hrs of racing, suddenly I have a clear lost of torque, is not a total loss, but clearly the base looses approx. half of the torque for only around 1-2 seconds, then the full adjusted torque comes back again after these 1-2 seconds. For the more than 2 hrs races I had it happened in 4 of them. The one I made last week was ok (no sudden loose of torque) so I thought maybe was a “glitch”, but this afternoon I made another one and again I have the issue. I am sure you understand to have this issue is not nice and is pretty frustrating… after 2hrs this happen and the race is over, also for other guy in front of me…and he was not happy at all with me…

As said it just happened to me in the race I made now, started at 7PM. I attach the log files I got from the driver app just after finishing the race, I hope there should be some indication there of the issue (as said the race started at 7PM and the issue happened approx. 2 hrs after starting the race).

I have a DD2 with a PC, the wheel is the Formula V2.5 (QR2).

Below the data of driver and firmware (all is updated, all the issues happened with this):

Driver: 455

Firmware base: 3.0.4.3

Wheel base motor: 3.0.0.2

Steering wheel: 47

Wireless QR:7

Regarding the parameters of the base, in fact I use your (Maurice) profiles, the version V2.01.21, the Fanalab is the last one (2.01.21), the particular car is the Ferrari 296 GT3. So as you know the max. Nm of the base is reduced to 15 Nm (60%) in Fanalab.

I thought the issue could be a self-protection of the base for overheating, so this last time just after it happened and I recovered my “peace of mind” I touched the base, but it was not particularly hot at all. Also, I guess running with a 25Nm base limited to only 15Nm the base should not have overheating issues… I hope...

Because how I have the setup for me is not ease to check the base screen when happening, so I do not know if there appeared some message just when happening, but after finishing the race there is no message.

I need some support here, please Maurice or Marcel, can you help me to figure out what is happening?, I hope it is noted in the logs somewhere.

Thanks in advance

• Hello together,

i want to report a little problem. 

Wheel Base Model: CS DD

Steering Wheel Model: F1 LE 2018

Driver Version: 455

Base FW Version: 2.0.1.4

Wheel FW Version: 47

QR FW Version: 1.0.0.3

FanaLab Version: V2.01.21

Driver and FanaLab installed on C

I was driving in Raceroom and at some point the Display of the steering wheel was just black. Tuning menu doesn't work anymore. Driving inputs and FFB still working.

I detached the wheel and attached it again (I was still ingame and in the pits). Then the Fanatec-Logo appears and didn't disappear. Tuning menu still not working.

Restarting the base solved the problem. I attached som log files.

The wheel was attached to a CSL Elite PS4 before and never freezed since 2019. Now it happened the second day i'm running it with the CS DD.

• That's a Known issue and currently under investigation.

This discussion has been closed.