Fanatec Driver 455 Release for CSL, CS and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• Casey JanesCasey Janes Member
    edited January 8

Hi guys, Really would appreciate anyones help here because I have been sitting here for hours trying to figure this out and nothing online is really pointing to the right answers.

I am a Mac guy but I bought a PC just to install the updated driver (455) as I wanted to make sure that everything is going to work properly.

I have a CSL DD w/ a Universal Hub for Xbox V2 as well as the McLaren V3 wheel. The D Pad does not work on both wheels as well as the "A" Button. I have no idea how to map the Funky Switch (D Pad) or the "A" Button after the update.

This is really annoying because everything worked fine before.

Any help here would be great! Thank you,

EDIT: Problem Fixed on its own after I mapped the shifter and restarted the system. (yay for being a Noob.)

• Go back to the 454 driver's I did it yesterday and it works as expected again. I even tried it again this morning to make sure I was correct and it works as expected again. It has something to do with the base firmware. But I found going back to diver packet 454 and re-flashing base firmware to 1.1.10.6 it started to work again. I'll just wait till driver packet 456 and see if the base firmware was updated in the changelog

• Any update if this driver will get updated to fix the no firmware file for steering wheel issues with CS DD?

Also i was asked by support to load into boot loader mode (hold power for 8 sec) but it doesn't work.

Because i initially said i have an issue with my wheel (my first time buying and using fanatec products) so i wasn't sure but now fanatec want to RMA my wheel Mclaren gt3 v2. But surely if i cant get into boot loader mode this is a base issue?

Is there anything i can try to try get to boot loader mode?

This is my issue when i connect a wheel.

• Bootloader boot only works when you do that with the base powered off.

If the base wont boot into the bootloader mode while its off and you press the power button for 8 seconds, then its indeed an issue with the base.

• Should the leds change colour when in BL or will they go off?

From powered off hold for 8 seconds my base doesn't go to BL.

Could this be a driver/device install issue?

Can you tell from that picture is that how devices should look with base on in pc mode?

• If i go to devices CS-WB-DD double click usb input device it says Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code45).

But it is connected and in pc mode

• I'm having the same issue on my DD1 with the M4 GT3 wheel on latest drivers for all.

Lose connection (no windows device disconnect sound), FFB, and ITM for about a second and then returns. On return ITM display Fanatec splash screen

• Good to know, also happen to you after some time like in my case, more than 1hr driving?

Maurice, please can you advise us if this issue could be driver related?

• Hi, I am having the same issue and I cannot update my BMW M4 GT3 wheel with the same error. My current base FW is 454. Also, the updater cable I have is for the QR1 and it won't fit through the new QR2 so I had to remove the QR off.

• All very well to list... Podium DD1 / DD2 Base: 3.0.4.3 (NEW), but can not find any specific detail for this particular DD1 update.

Can anyone please provide info on what is new and why. Thanks

• I have a question about the drivers. I have 455 as a driver but in the fanatec app can inupdate the driver. By driver update je says update and is green. But When I click on it nothing happen

what should I do

• edited January 11

Manually download the driver from the first post of from www.fanatec.com/driver...

The green message does nothing else, it just would open your Browser and go to the driver download page....

• Oké but I have the newest driver all ready. Should I download and install it again? So the green bar dissapairs

• Ah ok, that was a false notification then which should be fixed by now already.

• Will there be a new driver version for the DD+ release?

• Is this still a release candidate version? Main page links me to this version.

• edited January 11

No. It is an official release version since it was released on www.fanatec.com/driver. EVERY driver on that site is fully official, no beta, no RC.

• Hi Maurice, please can you advise us if this issue could be a driver issue?, what can be done to figure out the issue.

When I asked here and also in Reddit seems more than one DD and apparently some CSL DD also have the issue, not only myself.

Thanks in advance

• I still can't turn my wheel to the right without the wheel disconnecting entirely. This is only when the degrees of rotation is not set to auto and set to 2560 or whatever the max is. Steering to the left is fine, no issue. Only steering to the right disconnects the wheel.

• Hello guys, just got back my DD2 (RMA), i've set up everything but im a bit scared and uncertain on what driver to download.

Do you recommend to download 455 driver or i should download others before?

• If you received your DD2 from an RMA, it's possible that they installed the latest firmware (3.0.4.3 - check the 1st page). If you haven't kept your old driver on your PC, install the latest driver and check which firmware version is installed. If they've updated it, then keep the 455, which is the correct driver. If they don't updated your firmware, install the driver you had before your RMA. (If you have a Fanatec wheel (I don't), you can see also the firmware on the oled screen if I'm correct).

• Hello and thanks! I think they updated the DD2 to the latest. That's what the control panel shows.

Wheel Base : 3.0.4.3

Wheel Base Motor : 3.0.0.2

Steering Wheel : 47

Wireless QR : 7

Can someone confirm it's all good? Ty again.

• edited January 12

Like you I had to do an RMA recently on my DD2 (pin bended when I tried to upgrade my QR) and they have also updated my firmware.

I can't tell for your wheel but others firmware are the same for me.

• Well i guess we just have to thank Fanatec repair team, they got the job done, and i must say, if not for the christmas holydays, they did it pretty fast. Thanks for your help Jean.

• Hi, I bought a new setup of DD Pro 8nm 3 months ago, but for 1 month i note some rubbed/strong vibration on the wheel after some minutes of playing(approximately 30 min) Generally i play in Gran Turismo 7 on my PS5. I didn’t understand when and why it comes, because sometimes this issue can happen after 30 min, some time after 1h. Rarely everything works good without it. The vibration seems like something sharps with the metal inside, the vibration loud enough, moreover it feel a lot of on my hands, i tried to change settings but it didn’t help at all, also it seems like turn 0 on the settings called FFB Interpolation Filter, but bit another feeling. As for me its starts when I installed the newer version of the software. Probably i over-mark too much, because I want that everything works ideal, moreover from Fanatec

• First, apologies for posting this here since I already did in the Fanalab thread. However, I think this may be a firmware issue since I see the problem in the "Fanatec Control Panel".

The issue is that in the Tuning Menu while under Setup 1. The Max torque output always shows 12Nm after adjusting the FFB slider (lowering it). All other tuning setup indexes work fine (2-5). The issue is also visible in the Wheel Base Dialog and Fanalab.

Wheel Base     : ClubSport DD Wheel Base firmware 2.0.1.4 in High Torque mode

Wheel Base Rim   : ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 Firmware 47

Wheel Base Pedal  : ClubSport Pedals V3 N/A Latest though

Wireless QR 1.0.0.3

PC Driver 455

Fanalab version: 2.01.21

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you

• every second or third time i start the base it goes dark on the base, and an error pops up on PC saying my PDD is not communicatiing and i need to update drivers again... turning the base on and off makes the error go away......

• Any update on the Podium Rally Module PS4/5 sequential fix?

This discussion has been closed.