Huge Mistake

So I guess it's safe to say I royally messed up. I finally gave in and bought Gran Turismo DD Pro on december 18 (due to ps5) with load cell upgrade and Mclaren wheel. I didn't do my research but went with fanatec because I thought they wer a reputable company and enjoy watching the youtube guys including Rory and SuperGT and they both use Fanatec. Doesnt sound like i'm getting $1400 of product anytime soon. Their email response to my inquiry was what I feel to be automated and doesn't leave a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Can anyone tell me how long they are actually backed up or what responses you've been given as to why its takking so long? I ordered on Dec 18, any clue when they might actually get around to shipping? Also are they actually doing inventory 1/1 while they are a month behind??

Comments

• edited December 2023

When I ordered on 11/23 it took my shifter 3 days total to arrive. When I ordered on 11/26 and 11/28... those items took 11- 16 BUSINESS days to arrive. My DD+ that I pre-ordered was originally supposed to arrive 12/12. Now it looks like middle of January after they re-open so it will be about a month late probably. I think Black Friday Friday set them back pretty far and they also oversold. Be patient brother. They will arrive. This is my first sim rig but I'm impressed with the quality, so I'm not that upset and I'm willing to wait. More AND accurate communication from Fanatec would have made this whole thing less painful for us and them in the long run.

• I guess at this point all I can do is hope for the best. I guess i'm just fuming due to spending all that money and having no updates. Thanks.

• It depends a lot on where you're located. If you're in the US it's typically 10 days from when you place an order that the Fedex label is created and that's for In Stock, ready to ship products. A day or two later the Fanatec order page will be updated with tracking number and serial numbers and the order may actually leave the warehouse. That's the quickest I've seen it happen so if you're that upset 11 days after you placed the order you clearly don't have much experience ordering gear from Fanatec.

If any part of your order is pre-order they will hold the entire order until everything is in stock. I've just placed a $2K order for BMW GT3 and Porsche 911 Cup R wheels and the podium hub is back-ordered until late February so I don't expect to receive anything until March at the earliest.

Temper your expectations and you'll be fine. Their products are good, their shipping is slow and their communication is mostly non-existent. If you can't deal with that I hear Logitech make some pretty good products these days.

• that makes me feel better. it was all in stock. so hopefully I get lucky

• i ordererd the csl dd bmw bundle on 12/19 and everything started shipping yesterday,12/29 . first time buyer and regardless of what some of these posts say im excited to not have a logitech or thrustmaster. i didnt need moza quality as im just looking for something entry and fun when im bored. i think just some people need to realise that black friday and christmas is a big ordering time especially with them offering deals. but id recommend putting your order number as a reference number in fed ex if your in america and see if that helps.

• I placed an order on Nov 20th and still haven't received my full order yet (December 30th).

• I placed an "in stock" order exactly the same as yours early november, still received nothing

• Update:

thanks for your feedback everyone. I hope you all get your orders quickly.

products supposed to be delivered this week. Shipping updated sat early morning and stated it was shipped. Will advise. I’m also wondering if I’m getting lucky due to it being the GT ddpro instead of the csl that everyone is struggling with.

i am also aware it’s the holidays but after spending $1300 I think shipping should’ve been quicker. This all considering their website says 1-3 days to ship and everything “in stock” says “ready to ship”. Either that or be transparent with your customers and tell them up front it will be 3 weeks until they receive their purchase. Then the flames get put out before they start and no one has anything to complain about.

• shipping on fed ex says everything should be delivered by friday the 5th, everything was shipped within 10 days of order. its not amazon but its still fast and im excited none the less

• Hi Guys i have a question that i hope one of you can give me a clear answer on.

I want to buy the CSL DD READY2RACE MCLAREN ELITE BUNDLE (8 NM) FOR XBOX & PC but when i get to the checkout it tells me i can upgrade the base side and wheel side to QR2, is this required?

Thanks,

G

• Not required at all, but I would highly recommend getting the QR2 system and go the cheaper metal one on Wheel side. (Fanatec will be moving to all QR2 echo system within the year or two and they fix intrinsic issues with the QR1 system.

My opinion:

QR1 and QR2 lite versions are complete rubbish, ymmv.

QR1 Metal is ok, but still sloppy in general.

QR2 metal BS and WS fix all issues, but may hold up your order as the they may be in pre-order status, and will increase cost considerably.

• Thanks MadDog,

I appreciate your help.

After reading all the comments on the forums, pretty much all negative surrounding the customer experience with Fanatec, i feel like i need to build some courage before i actually place an order or maybe look at an alternative supplier for a similar setup, if i look elsewhere, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

G

• Don't blame you based on all of the negative feedback, me personally here in Australia I have had no issues so far with orders from Fanatec, purchased $3000 worth of goods and got them in a timely matter. (Was at end of 2022).

Ordered the QR2 WS last BF sale and received in a week.

I do hope than none of my gear fails, as I would hate to see how I would get it repaired.