Fanatec Driver 457 Release Candidate for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

How to report issues:

If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:

1. Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue and find out if caused by driver OR firmware.
  2. Which driver OR firmware shows the issue
  3. Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
  4. Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have caused the issue
  5. Check if the issue is related to specific settings of for example the tuning menu. Is it happening more or less with a specific setting raised or lowered?
  6. Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following info:
  • Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...
  • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
  • Driver Version: ....
  • Base FW Version: ....
  • Motor FW Version: ....
  • Wheel FW Version: ....
  • FanaLab Version: ....
  • Tuning Menu settings
  • Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else?
  • With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs

NEW Firmware versions included

• Podium DD1 / DD2 Base : 3.1.0.7 (NEW)
  • ClubSport DD(+) Base : 2.1.0.2 (NEW)
  • ClubSport DD(+) WQR : 1.1.0.1 (NEW)
  • CSL DD / GT DD Pro Base : 1.2.0.9 (NEW)
  • GT DD Pro SW : 1.0.1.0 (NEW)

Control Panel + Firmware Manager

• Added FFB Test page to the UI including FullForce tests (only visible for CS DD and CS DD+).
  • At the top a pure FFB replay can be enabled, this is a standard FFB recording from iRacing.
  • Below two different FullForce Effect replays can be enabled, which were also recorded with iRacing.
  • The user can play around with how each effect feels on it's own or enable multiple/different ones at the same time.
  • The left shifter paddle needs to get held down to run the test.
  • The effect replays are roughly 30 seconds long and will be looped as long as the paddle gets held down.

TrayApp Version 0.43.0.66 (optional installation)

• Added Le Mans Ultimate support (same Telemetry as rFactor 2).
  • Fixed CSW V2.5 related crashes.
  • Fixed wrong CBP range.
  • Fixed ITM Demo issues.
  • Fixed performance issues.

Podium and CSL/GT DD Pro Firmware Improvements

• Fixed Bases not going into Xbox Mode.
  • Fixed Podium DD1 PS4 freezing when switching between modes.

ClubSport DD(+) Firmware Improvements

• Fixed wheel communication freezes after some time of driving.

Known Issues

• When entering a game menu while driving it can happen in some games that the FFB effect doesn't get canceled which results in the wheel turning to one side. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)
  • Natural friction can start to feel weird after some time of driving. In case you experience issues with NFR, we suggest to turn it OFF for now. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)
  • The steering input jump issue was greatly improved so the issue happens a lot less than before. Full fix expected for one of the next versions.

Compatible FanaLab Version

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/30857/fanalab-2-01-32-beta-post-your-feedback-here/p1

Download

Comments

• 457! 457!

• Not all superheroes wear capes!!

Thank you guys, makes my weekend so much better.

• Gökhan OgulGökhan Ogul Member
    edited April 25

Wow, the Fullforce test effects feel very good with the road texture effect. Great feature for me for the future, a completely new FFB experience. I hope iRacing and more games will support it quickly.

Driver & Firmware works perfectly for me (CS DD). Freezing is elminated for ever!!! Thank you Fanatec and Maurice!

• edited April 25

Is it correct that for now NDP, NFR, NIN and INT are missing form the OLED on the wheel

cs dd+ and v2.5x

• edited April 25

Power wheel on and off after update, settings will be back.

• Thanks for all your hard work getting this update out. You guys have been getting a lot of flak lately but there are people out here who still appreciate what you do for us sim racers.

• Eager to check out this FFB replay within iRacing!

Thank you

• power it off and on worked. thank you

• Unfortunately I am still having issues with the new driver 457.

This time 'steering wheel' disconnects (ffb/shifters) for a couple of seconds and reconnects automatically, before it did not reconnect automatically. Happened like 10 times in maybe a 5 minute test. Unusable as it is. I am using ACC, on the PS5.

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): CS DD+
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Formula V2.5
    • Driver Version: 457
    • Base FW Version: 2.1.0.3
    • WQR FW Version: 1.1.0.1
    • Steering Wheel FW Version: 1.0.2.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

• edited April 25

In that case, your base is faulty and you should contact the support. This is definitely no longer firmware related. More likely a faulty QR board or some loose connection or so.

• Oh no, my Wheelbase still keeps disconnecting after a minute at most.

Tested with GT7

Wheelbase Settings

FFB 100

NDP 25

INT 6

BRF 70

everything else default

GT7 In Game Settings

Torque 5

Sensitivity 8

I don't get it...

• edited April 25

In that case, your base is faulty and you should contact the support. This is definitely no longer firmware related. More likely a faulty QR board or some loose connection or so.

• 30 min ACC testing, DD1 working fine but have ypu done something with friction in this drivers? have it set to 0 and still have this higher than usual friction in the wheelbase, which actually feels kinda more natural.

2.5x steering wheel, albost brand new, never had problems but with new drivers it sometimes misses upshifts, weird.

• edited April 25

Nothing was changed regarding Friction, no. But nice that it feels better anyway :)

• Experiences yet with CSL DD or Pro, is this ok/decent driver and firmware, pc and console use?

• Updated, did a few races in GT7 without issues so far. Will probably play some more later.

• @Maurice Böschen

The problem is I can't open a support ticket because the DD Extreme Bundle is not registered in my account and my products.

And the Website doesn't let me add it despite having filled out all necessary information and uploaded a picture of the bill and entering the serial number.

Is there another way how to contact the support to get my support ticket.

I mean there must be some way.

Maybe you can help me?

• Will this fix the APM's top paddles not working? I have a DD+ and CS universal hub v2 for xbox and the top-most paddles on my APM do not function. Not recognized even in the Fanatec Driver application.

• As it's not listed in the Changelog... No.

• @David Livaic

Maybe send them an email

• @Brent Chapman

Would you be so kind to provide me a contact email.

Who do I have to contact?!

I have no idea?

Which email address?

This everything is so confusing and so unclear who to contact.

• edited April 25
    The NFR setting has not been working at all for a long time. every setting is the same even when turned off. this is a key option in drift. This irritates me terribly because it used to happen. I'm considering replacing the hardware if it doesn't work

• edited April 25

You indeed should replace your hardware by contacting the support for an exchange as that absolutely sounds like a hardware issue. You should feel a clear difference between NFR OFF and NFR 100. If that's not the case then the motor is faulty.

edited April 25

LOL, have disabled both switches for Full Force Effects and Star Wars Theme Music will be played after pressing the shifter. I thought it's my speakers, but it was the base motor. 🤣

But we need Fullforce support quickly in simracing games.

This is a good demonstration of what Fullforce can do additional! Play Music during driving :) Great job Fanatec!

edited April 25

@Leszek Rachimow: For testing NFR you have to disable NDP and NIN before. Then switch NFR between 0 and 100. You should feel a difference.

@everyone else with GT7 and disconnection problems on PS5: this is a PS5 side issue or your base/wheel is broken. Some customers with another wheels like Logitech G29, T300 or pxn V10 have the same issue with GT7 on PS5. Be sure:

1. Make sure you are not using Rest Mode
    2. Don't use USB Extender.

This disconnection bug is definitely fixed with the latest driver and is not longer a driver issue!

• I guess we have to wait and see if the issues were just one off hardware issues. I’m sure many people will be trying the new firmware in the coming days.

• edited April 26

Hello

I've updated my DD+ with the new 457 driver and still have the same problem. Wheel goes off, sometimes come on again if I let the throttle and sometimes not ( need to reboot manually )

The base FW is 2.1.0.3 ( instead of 2.1.0.2 ) is it normal ?

The 457 driver have updated Base FW and QR FW ( not wheel ). Am I ok or missed something ?

I've already the document for return it ( noise problem ). I answer to the support email for explain this new problem. Should I stay for answer from them before to send it back ?

Thank you

Pierre

• So after some further testing tonight, I have some new info.

The new driver update has transformed the way how the loss of FFB acts.

Before the update the loss of FFB and Buttons not responding, I always manually had to restart the Wheelbase as it didn't recover on itself.

The Base kept frozen.

After the update the loss of FFB and Wheel not responding is only of a short fraction mostly a few seconds.

It quickly recovers and comes back.

I can continue driving a few minutes and then again it loses the FFB and shifters not working only to come back after 5sec. at most.

I don't have to restart the Base.

Before the update the wheel display froze showing only the F.

Now after the update the display does freeze but it comes back and works properly again.

It's still happening completely random though.

So the update definitely did partly fix or shift the issue but it hasn't been completely eliminated.

So no idea what is causing this strange behavior.

But there must be something faulty with the Mainboard.

Because as long as I don't drive and just scroll through the menus, it NEVER disconnects.

It ONLY happens while driving.

Because in GT7 and ACC and Motorfest it doesn't show me the USB disconnect symbol.

Never.

So it can't be a USB issue assumingly.

Anyway, whatever it might be I eventually by try and error managed to somehow add the Bundle to my Account and I was finally able to open a support ticket.

• Charles HoseaCharles Hosea Member
    edited April 26

Very disappointing ON DD1

3 RACES IN A ROW FFB COMPLETELY GOES INTO NEVER NEVER LAND

Was this not one of the big items to be address with this driver?