Fanatec wheel compatibility to GT5 - UPDATE
The following wheels are fully compatible to GT5:
- 911 Carrera wheel
- 911 Turbo S wheel
- 911 GT3 RS V2 wheel
These wheels need to be upgraded to make it work:
1. 911 Turbo Wheel (Not "S")
In order to make this wheel work you need to use the new RF dongle for the 911 Turbo S wheel which is available in our weshop for 29,95 USD / Euro. (USA / EU)
All customers get the dongle for free within the extended warranty period of 2 years.
If your wheel is older than 2 years we will offer you a free coupon code of 20 USD / EURO after the purchase of the dongle.
How to get your dongle or discount coupon?
Please place a regular order and leave a note in the comments field with the fanatec invoice number and date of your original PWT purchase and we will send you an email with your coupon code or change the order amount.
Please note that this offer is only valid to Fanatec webshop customers. If you purchased your product at a dealer you need to contact them for help.
2. 911 GT3RS V1 wheel
This wheel was never advertised to be fully PS3 compatible although it works with several games. Unfortunatly this is not the case for GT5. The good news are that you can upgrade your wheel to V2 and get full PS3 compatibility, more Tuning features and even the big ClubSport shifter paddles.
You can purchase the upgrade kits in our webshop but availability is limited due to the big demand.
- You can map buttons if you choose the profile for the "Driving Force Pro"
- No need to press the trinagle button to activate the clutch but you need to connect the h-pattern shifter
- Set the SEN to 900° because this will work best
- If you want to reduce the angle to less than 900° in order to make faster movements you should increase the Linearity value in order to keep the precise feeling around the center and avoid shaking on straights.
- It is not recommended to add artificial dead zone but sometimes it helps
- Reduce the driftmode to avoid shaking
- The clutch will be activated only after you press it.
- After activating theclutch you must use it in order to avoid misshifts
- The clutch only works if the H-pattern shifter is connected
- It is possible to use the h-pattern andthe paddle shifters in parallel
- If you want to map buttons you canchoose the profile of the Driving Force Pro
- The tuning dial functions of the Driving Force GT can also be mapped to the Fanatec wheels
UPDATE: Added video of SRT how to set up the Fanatec wheels on GT5 (starts 13.21)