New Tuning parameter "Force Effects Intensity" (FEI) - Beta Firmware & Survey

Comments

• Has anyone had issues with Fanatec's PS4  compatible Carbon F1 wheel using the new PS4 F1 2017. I couldn't get the wheel recognised at first however was told of a game update patch which resolved things and now works although unlike Project Cars I am yet to find a good balance between the Force Feedback and the shock motors. Even turning Shock off doesn't help, the only thing that will reduce the shock motors in the wheel ( I mean the F1 wheel as the PS4 Elite wheel doesn't have any ) is to lower the Force settings in the Force/ Damper/Spring option however that also reduces the Force Feedback in the wheel ! Don't know if this new FEI update will work but will give it a try but if anyone out there has tried it and found a good balance it would be very useful to see what settings you have as it isn't only getting the settings correct in the wheel but also the many options for calibration within the game. ( Project Cars seemed so much easier ) Looking forward to PCars 2 this month and GT Sport ( which I fear has lost it's dominance and allowed others to catch up and possibly surpass ) Previously a Logitech G25 owner I have to say I was really impressed with the quality of Fanatec's products and now have the PS4 Elite wheel, F1 wheel and V3 pedals. Next step is the Shifter and Handbrake but really want Sony to release the next generation VR headset with much higher 4K UHD HDR resolution images, then of course a motion simulator. There is a PS4 simulator out but hopefully Fanatec will look at this in the near future.
  • Has anyone had issues with Fanatec's PS4  compatible Carbon F1 wheel using the new PS4 F1 2017. I couldn't get the wheel recognised at first however was told of a game update patch which resolved things and now works although unlike Project Cars I am yet to find a good balance between the Force Feedback and the shock motors. Even turning Shock off doesn't help, the only thing that will reduce the shock motors in the wheel ( I mean the F1 wheel as the PS4 Elite wheel doesn't have any ) is to lower the Force settings in the Force/ Damper/Spring option however that also reduces the Force Feedback in the wheel ! Don't know if this new FEI update will work but will give it a try but if anyone out there has tried it and found a good balance it would be very useful to see what settings you have as it isn't only getting the settings correct in the wheel but also the many options for calibration within the game. ( Project Cars seemed so much easier ) Looking forward to PCars 2 this month and GT Sport ( which I fear has lost it's dominance and allowed others to catch up and possibly surpass ) Previously a Logitech G25 owner I have to say I was really impressed with the quality of Fanatec's products and now have the PS4 Elite wheel, F1 wheel and V3 pedals. Next step is the Shifter and Handbrake but really want Sony to release the next generation VR headset with much higher 4K UHD HDR resolution images, then of course a motion simulator. There is a PS4 simulator out but hopefully Fanatec will look at this in the near future.
    The latter parts of this comment is fantasy at least in the shot term. They'll be new consoles before that type of technology is even considered because the consoles themselves are not powerful enough for VR. Regarding your comment the motors in the wheel are only active if you have ABS on I believe. I use the formula carbon rim and have no such issues that you report. I have found and still do find it challenging to get the exact FFB feelings i'm after but the wheel is pretty solid overall. This forum is just for the FEI update mainly instead of hardware. 
    The latter parts of this comment is fantasy at least in the shot term. They'll be new consoles before that type of technology is even considered because the consoles themselves are not powerful enough for VR. Regarding your comment the motors in the wheel are only active if you have ABS on I believe. I use the formula carbon rim and have no such issues that you report. I have found and still do find it challenging to get the exact FFB feelings i'm after but the wheel is pretty solid overall. This forum is just for the FEI update mainly instead of hardware. 
    Thanks for the reply. Check out Caniseng.com  ( Media has a few videos to view ) who have developed a PS4 simulator  ( which also works with VR ) however they only seem to be using Logitech wheels. Maybe Fanatec could provide Canis with the PS4 wheel to see if they can get it to work with their simulator ?

• Hi all,

Been testing F1 2017 for a few days now and i'm really struggling with wheel settings both on the whee itself and in game.

The wheel is set to default parameters asides DRI is off and FEI is currently 010. The in game settings are Vibration and FF at 60 wheel rotation 360 wheel weight 70 and the rest at 100.

Yet when driving whether modern or old cars I still experience a strong rattle even with the FEI at max and the wheel feels very heavy under turning. Not sure if there's a calibration issue as the wheel turns past 360 and I have the SEN at AUT but, I find it very difficult to feel what the car is doing and get wheel moving in a free yet informative manner. 

So far i've not been able to enjoy F1 fully with the Formula Carbon and even with the FEI maxed I still experience a medium to strong mechanical rattle.

Be interested to knkow other peoples views on this as currently i'm unsure as to what I can tune and change to get the wheel setup suitably.

Again reiterating my point from previous posts. I feel for future titles Fanatec themselves if possible would be better creating profiles that we ourselves can select based upon different settings for the wheels in game. Strong FFB, Medium, Low and within that the settings adjust accordingly. I think that itself would actually give users a much greater chance of building custom profiles around the in game settings alongside the wheel instead of currently in my experiences at least not being able to utilise the hardware to its full potential with poor indications as to how the wheel settings effect the in game settings and vice versa. More information would be needed to define what changes this would bring to educate us especially if we''ve not used Fanatec products before on how our wheels change. 
    Fully agree, There are so many variations both for settings within the wheel as well at the F1 2017 game itself it is very difficult to find an optimum setting ( albeit everyone has their own preference ) Fanatec should be best placed to suggest the best settings and as i mentioned in a previous post the only way I could get the shock motors to reduce/ turn off was reducing the FOR  setting which in turn is reducing my overall force feedback. Turning the SHO setting off will not cancel the Motors.
  • i just want my wheel to work..after a short time it goes pop and turns 45degrees off center and i cant use it...ive tested in both iracing and assetto corsa and same problem...its been going on for 2 days now and my racing season starts tomorrow so im desperate . please help now.. im using driver beta292 /firmware 316---win 10 /64 bit 
  • i just want my wheel to work..after a short time it goes pop and turns 45degrees off center and i cant use it...ive tested in both iracing and assetto corsa and same problem...its been going on for 2 days now and my racing season starts tomorrow so im desperate . please help now.. im using driver beta292 /firmware 316---win 10 /64 bit 
    Contact support. The red tab on the right side of the webshop homepage is for chat support. It's the fastest way to contact support. Otherwise you can start a conventional support ticket.
  • Thomas do you plan to port FEI to the csw (v2/2.5) ?

I really hope so, I expect it would be as good if not even better at softening the ffb compared to the results obtained on the csl elite.
  • Any word on why the tuning menu pops up sometimes I have the csl setup and I went and bought the new rim thinking something went buggy with my original p1 rim when the Simi quick release started cracking up the back of the wheel. It still happens but takes longer to start and I don't get the random up shift as often. Just to add in the elite p1 rim is great. Same settings as the original and I have a nice quite wheel base without having to use the FEI. I do love having the extra adjustment. I don't run the rumble settings that in its self minimizes the loud noise that comes from but tensioners getting smacked about.
  • Any word on why the tuning menu pops up sometimes I have the csl setup and I went and bought the new rim thinking something went buggy with my original p1 rim when the Simi quick release started cracking up the back of the wheel. It still happens but takes longer to start and I don't get the random up shift as often. Just to add in the elite p1 rim is great. Same settings as the original and I have a nice quite wheel base without having to use the FEI. I do love having the extra adjustment. I don't run the rumble settings that in its self minimizes the loud noise that comes from but tensioners getting smacked about.
    You would need to give more info as I'm not sure what your issue is? Also, its best to go to support with issues. Use the red box on the right side of the homepage for chat support or start a standard support ticket. Chat is faster though.
    As Chris stated above, it's best to contact Fanatec Support as it sounds like you're having hardware issues that are very probably not solvable through a couple of forum postings.
  • AITOR MOLINAAITOR MOLINA Member
    edited September 2017
    updated my csl and my csl p1 to the latest version, and now the base rev LEDs stay on all the time when I make the first gear change. Solution?
  • updated my csl and my csl p1 to the latest version, and now the base rev LEDs stay on all the time when I make the first gear change. Solution?
    Contact support. Use the red box on the right side of the homepage for chat support. It's the fastest. If you're unable to do that method start a standard support ticket.
  • Thanks Chris!
    I will do it.
  • Thanks remco and Chris I have already contacted them. I did notice that when I did the update it took longer for the menu to pop up. I also noticed when I turn in game ffb down I get more time also. As soon as the fan starts the menu pops. I have a new drop box file from suport to try. Fingers crossed its just feed back from the fan and can be fixed by the new file.( might be the fan) one way or the other I like the 313 firmware. Go from the p1 rim to the p1 elite rim with .4 lbs lighter I get so much better feel. Yes I may have an annoying issue but they happen.
  • Hi all,

Been testing F1 2017 for a few days now and i'm really struggling with wheel settings both on the whee itself and in game.

The wheel is set to default parameters asides DRI is off and FEI is currently 010. The in game settings are Vibration and FF at 60 wheel rotation 360 wheel weight 70 and the rest at 100.

Yet when driving whether modern or old cars I still experience a strong rattle even with the FEI at max and the wheel feels very heavy under turning. Not sure if there's a calibration issue as the wheel turns past 360 and I have the SEN at AUT but, I find it very difficult to feel what the car is doing and get wheel moving in a free yet informative manner. 

So far i've not been able to enjoy F1 fully with the Formula Carbon and even with the FEI maxed I still experience a medium to strong mechanical rattle.

Be interested to knkow other peoples views on this as currently i'm unsure as to what I can tune and change to get the wheel setup suitably.

Again reiterating my point from previous posts. I feel for future titles Fanatec themselves if possible would be better creating profiles that we ourselves can select based upon different settings for the wheels in game. Strong FFB, Medium, Low and within that the settings adjust accordingly. I think that itself would actually give users a much greater chance of building custom profiles around the in game settings alongside the wheel instead of currently in my experiences at least not being able to utilise the hardware to its full potential with poor indications as to how the wheel settings effect the in game settings and vice versa. More information would be needed to define what changes this would bring to educate us especially if we''ve not used Fanatec products before on how our wheels change. 
    You may try turning down the rumble (off) and running fei at 0 or 1 and see how that is. Rumble or curb vibrations is what seems to lead to the most noise for me. Hope that helps with the noise. I tried the fei at 10 all of my feed back was late.
  • Which settings do you recommend ffb for Project cars 2 for both steering wheel and for the game? Thank you
  • Which settings do you recommend ffb for Project cars 2 for both steering wheel and for the game? Thank you
    How do you expect people to answer that when the game isn't even out yet? Let alone giving people ample opportunity to experiment with settings for both the wheel and in game. Your best option is to seek the information when the title comes out and build your profiles around what you wish to feel in a wheel. 
    How do you expect people to answer that when the game isn't even out yet? Let alone giving people ample opportunity to experiment with settings for both the wheel and in game. Your best option is to seek the information when the title comes out and build your profiles around what you wish to feel in a wheel. 
    Sorry. I know people who are playing Project Cars 2 for two days now. Forgive me really. Soon and thanks
  • Massimo RaimoMassimo Raimo Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi, This FEI features are only for CSL Elite Wheel base for PS4? 
    I Have a CSW v2.5 ( Driver v292 - Frimware 317) with CSL Steering P1 new, but i haven't FEI option.
    I feel more mechanical vibration on steering ad i must reduce significantly the effects in game option to reduce its.
  • Found myself disappointed with handling in Project Cars 2  and WRC7 using the Fanatic PS4 wheel. Thomas, we could really do with Fanatic testing their wheels with the new games and posting settings for both the wheel and also internal game settings. Getting a balance is very time consuming. Thanks Mike
  • OK, 
    I've one question about the FEI Settings:

Here you say it goes from 0 - 10 and 0 is the standard, 10 is most dampened

In the actual Manual for the CSL Elite there is an other text:
    FEI range: OFF … 100 FEI default: 050 
    This parameter adjusts the intensity of force effects and can make effects more smooth: OFF is very smooth and low noise while 100 is very sharp and direct. Tuning this parameter can improve the feeling of the wheel depending on the game. This can be helpful to reduce the noise level especially for bases assembled to tables or rigs.

What's now the right way to make settings.

I always have the feeling, that the other settings are not okay, too (spring / damper) Almost everyone says that this have to set to "0" because thats the normal force setting like it comes from the game. The Manual told us "100" is the normal way.

Even the same with drift. Some tells "-3" is the normal, your manual says "off" is the right.

So I'll force against all these settings and all I want to have is the force feedback like the games produced it. So wich is the right setting and why are there many different meanings and writing, even here and in the Manual?
  • OK, 

This parameter adjusts the intensity of force effects and can make effects more smooth: OFF is very smooth and low noise while 100 is very sharp and direct. Tuning this parameter can improve the feeling of the wheel depending on the game. This can be helpful to reduce the noise level especially for bases assembled to tables or rigs.

I always have the feeling, that the other settings are not okay, too (spring / damper) Almost everyone says that this have to set to "0" because thats the normal force setting like it comes from the game. The Manual told us "100" is the normal way.

Even the same with drift. Some tells "-3" is the normal, your manual says "off" is the right.

So I'll force against all these settings and all I want to have is the force feedback like the games produced it. So wich is the right setting and why are there many different meanings and writing, even here and in the Manual?
    Contact support chat and explain fully your issue and questions. They’ll will always be your best help.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    edited October 2017
    OK, 

It depends on the firmware version as the final version is different from the beta. In the final version, 100 will be the unmodified signal coming from the game. The higher the value the more intense/sharp the signal. As most people prefer a lower value we decided to go for 50 as default.
  • OK, 

It depends on the firmware version as the final version is different from the beta. In the final version, 100 will be the unmodified signal coming from the game. The higher the value the more intense/sharp the signal. As most people prefer a lower value we decided to go for 50 as default.
    Thomas, I think this is a great innovation from Fanatec and one which can really help enhance our experiences when using wheel bases with different rims and titles. The FEI I have only goes from 0-10 so we're having differences in optimisation per region per title and base settings. Is there any plans in the long term to develop a profiler system for the console market whereby we can easily adjust in game settings that relate to the wheel settings to get them working in unison to give the best experience? I find when tuning it's very difficult to use the FEI in conjunction with in game and the remaining wheel settings. My Formula wheel on F1 2017 feels okay but on Assetto Corsa with the BMW Rim it feels incredibly light, little feedback and the difference per rim to titles in game settings is so wide spread I think the majority of users are really missing out on what the CSL Wheelbase has to offer us. 

Any advice would be fantastic as to what we can do here. With the Formula rim Assetto feels great so i'm just confused as to what's happening here really. I'm anticipating GT Sport to feel great with both rims at least that's my hope! Love the innovation and the pursuit of the best racing hardware for consoles but I think Fanatec could have a greater control over profiling and give us options from presets to change that allow us to really enhance our experience. 
  •  
    I'm anticipating GT Sport to feel great with both rims at least that's my hope!

You may be out of luck! Just fired up GT Sport (the free 4 day trial) and there doesn't appear to be any support for the Fanatec CSL PS4.

Unless someone knows different?

•  

You may be out of luck! Just fired up GT Sport (the free 4 day trial) and there doesn't appear to be any support for the Fanatec CSL PS4.

I'm gutted about this, I recalled when I purchased the base that this was going to be compatible with GT Sport. That's the entire reason I upgraded from the T300RS. I've raised it with Polyphony and Fanatec as a lot of other users have also been left angry by this news. Let's hope the issue is resolved otherwise i've spent a lot of money and all I have to play is Assetto Corsa and F1 2017 zzzzzzz.

• I'm gutted about this, I recalled when I purchased the base that this was going to be compatible with GT Sport. That's the entire reason I upgraded from the T300RS. I've raised it with Polyphony and Fanatec as a lot of other users have also been left angry by this news. Let's hope the issue is resolved otherwise i've spent a lot of money and all I have to play is Assetto Corsa and F1 2017 zzzzzzz.
    The response I've had from Fanatec is that the recently launched GT Sport 4 day trial is PD's recent Beta file, which did not contain support for the CSL Elite and they indicate that the actual launch game 'should' have support. Guess it's a case of wait and see what's included in the launch version. Maybe someone who gets the actual game at launch can let us know?
  • I'm gutted about this, I recalled when I purchased the base that this was going to be compatible with GT Sport. That's the entire reason I upgraded from the T300RS. I've raised it with Polyphony and Fanatec as a lot of other users have also been left angry by this news. Let's hope the issue is resolved otherwise i've spent a lot of money and all I have to play is Assetto Corsa and F1 2017 zzzzzzz.
    The response I've had from Fanatec is that the recently launched GT Sport 4 day trial is PD's recent Beta file, which did not contain support for the CSL Elite and they indicate that the actual launch game 'should' have support. Guess it's a case of wait and see what's included in the launch version. Maybe someone who gets the actual game at launch can let us know?
    Hmmm, it's not listed on the Fantec CSL page either. Concerning as it once was. I think a lot of people myself included upgraded to Fanatec given the quality in the product and the strength they hold in the PC market especially. Whilst the CSL Elite has encountered teething problems, I still have issues with my BMW rim feeling very light with no forces at all very difficult to use effectivly I bought it on the basis of GT Sport. 

Project Cars 2 having formally owned the first edition didn't appeal to me given the issues in the first iteration and to be frank I don't regret not purchasing the "Game" Even with the online multiplayer ratings system I still don't see it really taking the shape of iRacing or SRS for Assetto Corsa. I'm quite sure console won't have an iRacing type system to speak of but with GT's heritage and their plans for this platform I felt this was the closest option on console market in which to get something that mirrors or at least in part employs the iRacing type formula. In place of bumper car races and lack of progression in other titles. I'm not a strong racer but in iRacing which I formally used I still felt I had a place relative to my skills. Yet in other titles racing in leagues or even public lobby's you have no rewards or incentives to continue which left me just sticking to career. 

I will be getting GT on launch day. I have the collectors edition pre ordered so will give some feedback as and when. I find F1 2017 great with the formula rim, Assetto Corsa FFB poor and not very well structured for the CSL Wheel base especially with the BMW rim no feeling and little feedback through the game to the wheel relative to driving. I'm hopeful with GT Sport as i'm sure many other consumers are. 
  • Is this firmware available for everyone now? I would like that function. I now have version 297 and it doesnt have it. I dont understand.
  • Is this firmware available for everyone now? I would like that function. I now have version 297 and it doesnt have it. I dont understand.
    Just download driver v292 from the official download page in the webshop and update the fw to 316. Its available since a few weeks now...