New Tuning parameter "Force Effects Intensity" (FEI) - Beta Firmware & Survey

124»

Comments

• Thank you very much. It has worked. Any other tips for an advanced simracer but noob with fanatec?
  • Rinus HuismanRinus Huisman Member
    edited October 2017
    Oh man, just downloaded the new drivers from the downloadpage of CSW 2.5 and now I can't calibrate my base anymore. 

edit: Phew it's all fine now. 
  • Hmmm, it's not listed on the Fantec CSL page either. Concerning as it once was. ...
    I asked Thomas about exactly that phenomenon here but the answer ist still missing...
  • FEI is an improvement however I have still been disappointed in the lack of feeling when driving (little surface texture sensation, no difference between tarmac, dirt track or snow and ice  - it's as if you are driving on a snooker table so not what I was hoping for)

I requested that Fanatec have a page listing combined optimum settings for not only the PS4 wheel but the internal game force feedback pages etc. I was told this isn't planned and that to get the performance as per the game developers intentions the Fanatec wheel should be set to default. Play around with the game settings first and then if not satisfied fine tune using the wheel's options. 

The point was also  made that the wheel can't improve something that isn't already programmed in the game, so if little feedback going over kerbs the wheel settings won't help.

I would like to hear that Fanatec are giving customer feedback directly to companies such as Mad Studios, Codemasters so that they can address the issues and give Fanatec customers the experience that they know Fanatec wheels are both capable of and deserve.
  • Hi guys,

i feeled great improvment on PJC2 moving to zero FEI, DPR and reducing SPR to 0.3. Then working on PJC2 in game FFB parameters (100-35-65-90-0.2).

Much much much more feeling on track sensation... it seems like you have to "wash out" steering wheel interaction with FFB forces coming out from the game...

• Thanks for sharing your settings!
  • Thanks for sharing your settings!
    I forgot to write .. with Rough flavour....
  • There is now a newer Version 293 in Downloads.
    Is there any changelog?

• There is now a newer Version 293 in Downloads.
    Is there any changelog?

Support for GT Sport
  • I'm a bit frustrated here.., Just downloaded and installed 293 / 335 and running PCars2. In blue PS4 mode things have changed since 292 / 31x. Keeping all my other settings the same it just feels different. FEI - was 000 to 010 and is now OFF to 100. Which setting no creates no modification to the incoming signal? Previous FW had 000 as no change to incoming signal... but as someone else noted, the manual says 050 is middle but is that no change to the incoming signal? So where are we now? Also For / Spr / Dpr feel different too. Not sure what's up with that? I truly appreciate the change in compatibility mode to G29 emulator so that the GTS can be played...but is it too much to ask for some release notes? or at least change notes? Any information would be appreciated. Not frustrating...my load cell pedal upgrade that showed up today! Thanks! Scott
  • I'm a bit frustrated here.., Just downloaded and installed 293 / 335 and running PCars2. In blue PS4 mode things have changed since 292 / 31x. Keeping all my other settings the same it just feels different. FEI - was 000 to 010 and is now OFF to 100. Which setting no creates no modification to the incoming signal? Previous FW had 000 as no change to incoming signal... but as someone else noted, the manual says 050 is middle but is that no change to the incoming signal? So where are we now? Also For / Spr / Dpr feel different too. Not sure what's up with that? I truly appreciate the change in compatibility mode to G29 emulator so that the GTS can be played...but is it too much to ask for some release notes? or at least change notes? Any information would be appreciated. Not frustrating...my load cell pedal upgrade that showed up today! Thanks! Scott
    And this is, what I was feared of!
    Theres no changelog, no explanation. 
    Fanatec makes such changes and noone knows about it. 
    Is it to hard to make default settings where nothing changes the signal from the game? Everyone could make changes as there likings, but default have to be default and we have to know, what is the default and what it changes.

I'm really frustrated now. Many hours making FFB Settings in every game, think about the settings and with the next Fanatec Firmware Update I can start new from scratch. I feel very upset now.
  • Good morning. Yesterday I installed the patch 293 version but I read that it is a version only for the GT Sport F1 and Club Drive games. I tried installing version 292 again but downloaded the previous 293m version as an error because it writes that there is an updated version. Do you know if there is a way to do this? Thank you and apologize for my English.
  • Good morning. Yesterday I installed the patch 293 version but I read that it is a version only for the GT Sport F1 and Club Drive games. I tried installing version 292 again but downloaded the previous 293m version as an error because it writes that there is an updated version. Do you know if there is a way to do this? Thank you and apologize for my English.
    I answered this. Please post once only.
  • Ok scusa
  • We have developed a new firmware and driver (v291) for the CSL Wheel Bases and we kindly ask you to test it and give us your feedback. 
    On one hand the CSL Elite Wheel Bases (CSL E WB, CSL E RW PS4) can reproduce high-dynamic force feedback effects as intense as sent by games/simulations. On the other hand some of you and some reviewers reported that these harsh effects can cause some mechanical noise within the new and extremely direct (single) belt drive system. Even if this behaviour does not harm the hardware in any way, in some situations the mechanical sounds of the wheel base might be perceived as being too loud, depending on your game and tuning menu settings.

To provide optimizations according to your personal preference we are introducing a new tuning menu parameter called 'FEI' ('Force Effect Intensity'), adjustable within the range of 000 - 010. The current default setting is 000 which is equal to the parameters in previous public released firmwares for both bases. Increasing the value for FEI means that the motor will decrease the attack impact, when FFB effects are leading to immediate direction changes. Higher FEI values softens up the intensity of harsh effects to reduce mechanical sounds and can even make them feel more natural. 

We’re giving you full ability to tweak your wheel within the FEI scale to find your preferred sweet spot, or still enjoy the product even without using this new parameter. 

Please tell us which FEI setting you would recommend to be our new default setting providing a perfect balance between effect intensity, feeling and noise. This should suit to the average customer out of box, not only the hardcore sim-racer. Please test it in as many simulations/games and platforms as possible.

If there is anything you want to let us know then please post it in a comment.

Changelog:
    Driver changes:
    Included new CSL rim option "Disable CSL Steering Wheel RevStripe" in Property Page - Settings tab.
    Included new CSL E WB PS4 option "Allow CSW V2 Compatibility mode on PC" in Property Page - Settings tab.
    Various small improvements and bug-fixes

Firmware changes:
    New firmwares for CSL E WB and CSL E WB PS4 (CSL Elite PS4 Racing Wheel)
    “FEI” function has been added to tuning menu
    CSL P1 rev-stripe can be de-activated by the driver

There is no new firmware for other wheels, wheel bases, pedals or accessories included in this package but the driver still can be used for other devices as well.

Thomas please send me firmware update beta 335 for csw 2.5 use ps4 pro drivehub
  • We have developed a new firmware and driver (v291) for the CSL Wheel Bases and we kindly ask you to test it and give us your feedback. 
    On one hand the CSL Elite Wheel Bases (CSL E WB, CSL E RW PS4) can reproduce high-dynamic force feedback effects as intense as sent by games/simulations. On the other hand some of you and some reviewers reported that these harsh effects can cause some mechanical noise within the new and extremely direct (single) belt drive system. Even if this behaviour does not harm the hardware in any way, in some situations the mechanical sounds of the wheel base might be perceived as being too loud, depending on your game and tuning menu settings.

To provide optimizations according to your personal preference we are introducing a new tuning menu parameter called 'FEI' ('Force Effect Intensity'), adjustable within the range of 000 - 010. The current default setting is 000 which is equal to the parameters in previous public released firmwares for both bases. Increasing the value for FEI means that the motor will decrease the attack impact, when FFB effects are leading to immediate direction changes. Higher FEI values softens up the intensity of harsh effects to reduce mechanical sounds and can even make them feel more natural. 

We’re giving you full ability to tweak your wheel within the FEI scale to find your preferred sweet spot, or still enjoy the product even without using this new parameter. 

Please tell us which FEI setting you would recommend to be our new default setting providing a perfect balance between effect intensity, feeling and noise. This should suit to the average customer out of box, not only the hardcore sim-racer. Please test it in as many simulations/games and platforms as possible.

If there is anything you want to let us know then please post it in a comment.

Changelog:
    Driver changes:
    Included new CSL rim option "Disable CSL Steering Wheel RevStripe" in Property Page - Settings tab.
    Included new CSL E WB PS4 option "Allow CSW V2 Compatibility mode on PC" in Property Page - Settings tab.
    Various small improvements and bug-fixes

Firmware changes:
    New firmwares for CSL E WB and CSL E WB PS4 (CSL Elite PS4 Racing Wheel)
    “FEI” function has been added to tuning menu
    CSL P1 rev-stripe can be de-activated by the driver

There is no new firmware for other wheels, wheel bases, pedals or accessories included in this package but the driver still can be used for other devices as well.

Thomas please send me firmware update beta 335 for csw 2.5 use ps4 pro drivehub
    Latest available firmware for the CSW v2.5 for the public is 317 - there is no Firmware 335 for the CSW, thats a CSL Elite PS4 exclusive firmware.