Black Friday 2017 - UPDATE2

Comments

• Why again starter kit for Xbox in Sale???? Why not this year starter kit for Ps4??
  • Is offer nr 4 only for x box? Because this x box Button.
  • Is offer nr 4 only for x box? Because this x box Button.
    A Xbox compatible Rim will be compatible for all platforms - PC, PS4 and Xbox.
  • edited November 2017
    Hi Thomas, I just want to say thank you for these great offers. I was looking for a shifter + handbrake bundle but based on your high product quality I'm willing to pay the regular price for these two devices which are the only ones missing on my rig. Beside this I'm pretty sure we will not only see a nice price for offer 4 on Friday but also a great new rim comming to your product portfolio. And please make the XBox button replaceable... :smile: Because I'm a PS4 only racer.
  • Really a bummer to see that the PS4 CSL didn't go on sale, and no, combining offers 1,2 and 4 isn't really a solution for me as I don't have that kind of money to spend right now...
  • Great Black Friday offers. Even if i'm not suprised, that some don't appreciate it.

Personally there is nothing for my taste, i still wait for the Direct Drive (the stronger version) that i had tested at the Sim Expo. Can't wait to mount my HUB or my Porsche Rim to it. ;)
  • I'm a little bit disappointed about this black friday just because yesterday evening I made an order about 1950 euros ... and I didn't save one euro!!! :P
    What can I say!? I'm really unlucky!!! :D :D :D

• I'm a little bit disappointed about this black friday just because yesterday evening I made an order about 1950 euros ... and I didn't save one euro!!! :P
    What can I say!? I'm really unlucky!!! :D :D :D

Pick up your phone and call Fanatec. There are really friendly and helpfull people at the other side on the phone.
  • Sascha KaymerSascha Kaymer Member
    edited November 2017
    *sigh* Since I can't get my hands on a PS4 base even remotely close to the price of the Xbox version, can anyone tell me if the CSL Elite Base for XBOX/PC is compatible with the PS4-wheel(rim) on PC?
    Yes, all rims are compatible with all bases on PC :) However for consoles the Xbox compatibility depends on the rim attached to your base while the PS4 compatibility only depends on the base you are using.
  • Well, I went ahead and purchased the ps4 elite wheel starter kit and the load cell brake with the handbrake, I was hoping for a bf deal so I could add in the f1 wheel but it wasn't to be just outside my budget. But what can I say the fanatec hardware is second to none the build quality is out on its own, so now I can't wait :)
  • This quickly turned into a pissing contest.
    I do wish they had a sale on PS4 setups but now to say that I will go for a thrustmaster is pushing it.
    I have a G27 and want to upgrade my setup for a long time now.
    Going thrustmaster did cross my mind until Fanatec released the CSL elite PS4.
    Thrust master has the T300 RS which cost 439.95. For that you get no shifter and no loadcell.
    Fanatec CSL elite PS4 which will cost you 499.95. With that you get the option to add multiple different steering wheels or pedal sets which Thrustmaster does not offer.
    You want to go with the Thrustmaster T-GT? It will cost you 799.99. What do you get with that? Multiple buttons that are ONLY compatible with GT Sport and still no option for a load cell pedal kit offered by Thrustmaster.
    Now call me Fanatec Fanboy all you want. I am not looking for additional discount of their part when I'll be placing my order on Friday but Fanatec is by far offering the vastest quantity of wheels and pedals to satisfy a wide range of customers.
    Feel free to tell me if you know of any black friday sales offered by Thrustmaster because I am not aware of any as of right now.
    Thank you Fanatec for taking care of your so "loyal and entitled" customers.
    I'm still hesitant on purchasing a V2.5 with a cronusmax hub or a CSL elite PS4 for its compatibility with the PS4 but I will make a decision by this friday.

• edited November 2017
    Certainly 3 very nice offers, for those who can enjoy it.
    For those waiting for the CSL Elite PS4, I can understand the disappointment. Being a realistic minimun, you had to wait so long. The base is barely out in the United States. And that's the game, we do not always get what we hope for when we hope.
    By what right can you blame Fanatec?
    In relation price / quality, the CSL Elite PS4 is constantly an exceptional offer. Instead of moaning ... take advantage of it.

By cons, the offer 4, it is very minablei. We do not see anything, we do not know anything, but proportionally, it's just ... since it costs nothing.

Surprisingly, it is this offer n ° 4 that tempts me the most.
    I am therefore very impatient, to know more about it.

Great job, Thomas, and team, thank u.
  • Does the playseat f1 plate hold this pedal?
  • A new steering wheel for Xbox One, PS4 and PC will work on every base clubsport ?? v1?v2?
  • It is not so hard to understand the PS4 user disappointment. Start-up price Xbox 299 vs PS4 499! Don't add insult to injury by saying we don't understand. All potential new PS4 users are affected. Maybe that's a clue to the survey result.
  • The PS4 Base also has a better Rim and better internals compared to the Xbox version. The Xbox version is out already more than a year while the PS4 version is like half a year, still selling good probably. So there was no need for a sale, which I can totally understand. I personally was hoping for a Formula rim sale, but I'm not angry about not getting one. Now I'm curious how the new McLaren rim will be priced, as I might buy that instead if the price is close to the formula. I mean, it's offered on black Friday, so there will probably be some discount on it.
  • Greg SnellGreg Snell Member
    edited November 2017
    The PS4 base also offers XB1 compatibility simply by mounting a XB1 compatible rim. It’s the only base that works with PS4. Many folks with V 2/2.5 bases were also disappointed their pricey setups couldn’t be made to work with PS4 with a rim like MS allowed. The PS4 base is also quite new to expect a discount. The cost of the Sony license may have something to do with the cost as well. Much of this has more to do with Sony rather than Fanatec.
  • Gareth SmithGareth Smith Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm a potential new Fanatec customer coming from a Thrustmaster T500 setup with shifter.  I was holding out for the Forza Motorsport Wheel Bundle at 1500€ and hoping for some sort of discount to help with the shock of shelling out so much!  The deals on offer don't help me, even if I decided to buy the pieces gradually over the next year.  I don't fancy the inverted pedals and the free rim from offer 2 isn't any good without the base unit, same goes with offer 4.  

I was initially disappointed but can't please everyone I guess.  I do really appreciate knowing the offers up front even if they are not for me so I can plan my Friday spend on the PC upgrade or new rig :) Maybe the Podium series will bring down the CS kit and I wait for that.

Edit: I believe the Rift is going down to £350 for Black Friday, now that's got my attention!
  • Hi, As a proud owner of the original Porsche Wheel Turbo S I was really hoping for a deal for the CLS Elite wheel for PS4. What a missed opportunity. Have a nice evening.
  • Most important thing in new wheel is that is it bigger than present F1-wheel. As I earlier stated we need wheel in ~30cm size to match modern prototypes and gt-cars.
  • membre said:
    please,

CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4

please,

CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4

THIS!

• like many before me, I too was looking for a deal on the csl elite for ps4, this was really a let down! first world country problems I know but a disappointment anyway.

I have been reading about the podium, does anyone know when will this product release, compatibility with consoles and price points?

first post here by the way! cheers

• KIT CSL ELITE PS4 base and pedals PLEASE
  • When are we going to be able to view full specs for this new wheel??? Wheel weight, QR system used, button layout, # of Buttons, Display type if any, Rev Lights if any, Pricing??? The least exciting to Me is Platforms it can be used with--> I'm assuming all because there is a Xbox button --> but that's not exciting anymore since i switched to PC and most of all the fall Windows creators update!!! I can Now play FM7 on PC with My v2.5 in PC mode!!! No Need to switch to Xbox Mode!!! I tried that on PC and it works but it feels like the console version!!! PC mode has much better FFB!!!  also it plays with DX12 in 4k @60FPS Constantly No FPS Drops and the FFB feels 10X better than it does on MY Xbox I may Never play My Xbox again!!!

Its Really hard to be excited about something i may want to pay for and i don't know what it is...If its free then i am Uber Excited!!!

I Need to see full specs so i can be excited or at least be able to make a well informed decision --> to buy or not to buy 8-}
    with whats going on with the economy My days of buying impulsively are over [-X
  • When are we going to be able to view full specs for this new wheel??? Wheel weight, QR system used, button layout, # of Buttons, Display type if any, Rev Lights if any, Pricing??? The least exciting to Me is Platforms it can be used with--> I'm assuming all because there is a Xbox button --> but that's not exciting anymore since i switched to PC and most of all the fall Windows creators update!!! I can Now play FM7 on PC with My v2.5 in PC mode!!! No Need to switch to Xbox Mode!!! I tried that on PC and it works but it feels like the console version!!! PC mode has much better FFB!!!  also it plays with DX12 in 4k @60FPS Constantly No FPS Drops and the FFB feels 10X better than it does on MY Xbox I may Never play My Xbox again!!!

Its Really hard to be excited about something i may want to pay for and i don't know what it is...If its free then i am Uber Excited!!!

I Need to see full specs so i can be excited or at least be able to make a well informed decision --> to buy or not to buy 8-}
    with whats going on with the economy My days of buying impulsively are over [-X
    I must say that I couldn't have put it better my self
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    We will announce everything on Friday. I am curious how you like it.
  • I do not understand why people are whining here for this PS4 Stuff.
    If you like to buy it - buy it for normal price. Still a good deal.
    or
    Buy the XBOX Base Deal and from the money you save to the PS4 one get an XBOX on Top.

It is up to Fanatec what they are going to offer or not.  Why on Earth they should sell a 2.5 , a PS4 Base or a Sifter  etc. for cheap if people are buying it anyways. From Fanatecs POV this would be stupid.

If I would be Fanatec - and I am NOT - I wouldn't do any BF Deals any more after this flaming - No offers - No flaming - easy like that .... 

The Sale is NOT a MUST. they are doing it to make some peole happy (and clean up Stock). For some people it works for some not - that's life. If you would have a company ans sell something for x and it's maybe one of your best sellers i am sure you would not sell this or cheap but some things that are not that good sold.... That's normal business and every company does that... 

I assume Fanatec got the point (they did a statement from their POV) and now we can look forward to Friday - or if there is no product for you then not.

If someone offers a product for x the customer needs to decide if he would buy it for the price or not. 
    If like a Porsche and i only can afford a Dacia I am not gonna blame Porsche. Also Porsche is not doing BF Sale - someone blaiming? 
    No.. I need to blame me why i am not working enough to afford one :) 

The deals of fanatec are nice - maybe not all deals for everyone but thats the reason why here are 4 and not only 1 offer :) If all 4 are nothing for someone he needs to life with that.  He still has the possiblity to buy tha product he wants ... so no problem at all.

I personaly really looking forwad to offer 4 - Also I do not understand why people are askng for specs. There was a clear announcment that they will be published on Friday... I do not understand why people are now asking for them already... We can read them on Friday and stil decide if we like to buy the Wheel or not.

I like the way Fanatec does that offering. This makes it more exciting. Peole discuss and do photoshop like me :) 
    If you see a nice girl in Disco and she is wearing some nice clothes this is more interresting then see her directly naked because there is something like imagination going on in your mind :)
  • I do not really see any platform preferential treatment except on one deal which is the older xbox hub and therefore likely inventory clearance, a hub that used to work on PS4 with clubsport till Sony threw a hissy fit and perhaps blocked its support, but will still work on ps4 if you possess the ps4 base.

The latter end of that sentence really says it all, though I stand to be corrected it seems Sony have insisted compatability remains in the base whereas Microsoft have embraced Thomas's previous eco model where compatability can be in the rim, switch the rim switch platform. No good whining here, you need to complain to Sony who it seems have taken an intelligent design and smashed it between two sledgehammers.
  • Will the new mystery wheel (deal 4) work with my CSL Elite wheelbase on a PS4?