The time has come...

Comments

• edited June 2018
    What about the bad link to the store?

• Does anyone have pictures of their rigs?  Im interested to see what people are running.
    Since this has become the official "Show your Fanatec Rig" thread, I have a CSW v2.5, v3 inverted pedals and the McLaren and Porsche Rims mounted to a GT Omega rig...shifter and handbrake are next on my list:

• Does anyone have pictures of their rigs?  Im interested to see what people are running.
    Since this has become the official "Show your Fanatec Rig" thread, I have a CSW v2.5, v3 inverted pedals and the McLaren and Porsche Rims mounted to a GT Omega rig...shifter and handbrake are next on my list:

This show your Rig seems to Have been a Great Idea and is helping to pass the time away as we await DD wheel News.

I cannot help but to notice the HOTAS next to your keyboard.  Is that for Elite Dangerous?  
  • This Fanatec DD wheel sounds great and another DD wheel on the market is a good thing no matter who you follow because it means sim racing is evolving and in a good direction.  I have Clubsport Pedals V3 and Clubsport Shifter SQ v1.5 and they are brilliant, but my wheel is the original AccuForce which I have owned since April 2015 and I still am loving it as the best wheel I ever owned. It works as strong and reliably as the day I first fired it up.  

I am sure the Fanatec DD will be an equally great driving experience when it lands and I do hope it proves in time to be equal to the Simx AF in terms of the driving experience and its overall reliability.  Would love to race with one someday but cannot imagine giving up my AF anytime soon.  Good luck to those racers who get one on release as you will surely love it no doubt !
    Im waiting till the announcement to make up my mind which DD I want.  Accuforce has a pretty sweet deal right now, hard not to just jump at it but I do want to stick with fanatec if possible.
    My foldable setup because of living in apartment. Waiting for my McLaren GT3. Replaced the shift knob now with a more heavy steel (18 oz) round knob. Feels better going into gear.

I cannot help but to notice the HOTAS next to your keyboard.  Is that for Elite Dangerous?  
    Yea...but I haven't played that in awhile, will get back into that over the summer...mostly use it for flight sims now (DCS mostly). That swinging keyboard tray really makes switching from racing sim to flight sim easy.
  • I have not played elite since October...which was the day i got my wheel setup.  I almost had enough money to buy an anaconda.  I may go back to it someday....was thinking about using the Club sport pedals as a rudder control...I wonder how that would be for roll axis.  I usually fly with an xbox controller.......the risk of me getting interdicted is zero since i'm so used to the xbox joystick.  I am afraid to switch to pedals for fear of getting owned by pirates until i get used to the new control.
  • I was in contact with a well known rig manufacturer today. We were discussing wheel mounts and the Podium base. He told me that it was bottom mounted, and not to buy the front mount. He didn't say that the Podium base was not front mountable, but his front mount option is more expensive. So that tells me that it is only bottom mountable.
  • At the SIM LAB P1 rig I like the Front Mount more......would be nice to have a Front Mount on the Podium DD.
  • At the SIM LAB P1 rig I like the Front Mount more......would be nice to have a Front Mount on the Podium DD.
    I agree. It would also be nice to FINALLY get a clear answer by Fanatec on this...

@Richard Craig
    While the front mount (from SimLab) is 40 euro more than the wheel deck, I really don't care since I already have two versions of the front mount bracket. 
    So for me it would be a bit more disturbing having to buy a third bracket for this Podium base.
    Btw: you should tell the well known rig manufacturer you spoke to that the Podium base is also SIDE mountable... ;-)
  • Ok these are nice rigs, but maybe we go back to the Topic, Podium ;)

Found something interesting in their Insta Story :)

• Florian LichtFlorian Licht Member
    edited June 2018
    instagram.com/stories/fanatec_official/
  • I’m really excited to see what Fanatec brings to the DD world, I come and read daily to see what’s new even tho I know I will not be buying one at this moment in time since I already own the best DD wheel money can buy, the Leo Bodnar SimSteering2 (54). Hopefully some new pedals are also announced since I need to upgrade my CSP V3 soon, and I need to know before I decide to go with the Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Ultimate which seem to be highly praised.
  • At least we know its black... I-)
  • edited June 2018
    i'm really excited too expecially for price. I think that the highend model is about 1199/1299.
    Honestly the price tag of Leo is absolutely out of any "why" and specs is not balanced for price. without any doubt is a good assembled kit but the price is too high even for Flavio Briatore or Marchionne. i can buy it right now but the price is a scam. it's a my principle not to buy anything that cost more than 1400. in any case and for any reason.

In my tests with a simracingbay 15015 and your exactly steering wheel i prefer the feelings and performance of the OSW kit and i have tested both for weeks.
    I’m really excited to see what Fanatec brings to the DD world, I come and read daily to see what’s new even tho I know I will not be buying one at this moment in time since I already own the best DD wheel money can buy, the Leo Bodnar SimSteering2 (54). Hopefully some new pedals are also announced since I need to upgrade my CSP V3 soon, and I need to know before I decide to go with the Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Ultimate which seem to be highly praised.

• i'm really excited too expecially for price. I think that the highend model is about 1199/1299.
    Honestly the price tag of Leo is absolutely out of any "why" and specs is not balanced for price. without any doubt is a good assembled kit but the price is too high even for Flavio Briatore or Marchionne. i can buy it right now but the price is a scam. it's a my principle not to buy anything that cost more than 1400. in any case and for any reason.

In my tests with a simracingbay 15015 and your exactly steering wheel i prefer the feelings and performance of the OSW kit and i have tested both for weeks.
    I’m really excited to see what Fanatec brings to the DD world, I come and read daily to see what’s new even tho I know I will not be buying one at this moment in time since I already own the best DD wheel money can buy, the Leo Bodnar SimSteering2 (54). Hopefully some new pedals are also announced since I need to upgrade my CSP V3 soon, and I need to know before I decide to go with the Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Ultimate which seem to be highly praised.

Yeah price it’s way to high but I think it’s worth it. I also was looking at buying the simracingbay big mige osw but after watching the reviews from the simpit and sim racing garage I decided to go with the Leo Bodnar wheel and I couldn’t be happier.
  • I was in contact with a well known rig manufacturer today. We were discussing wheel mounts and the Podium base. He told me that it was bottom mounted, and not to buy the front mount. He didn't say that the Podium base was not front mountable, but his front mount option is more expensive. So that tells me that it is only bottom mountable.
    It is more that with the front mount you are basically making use of the 4 bolts in front of the wheel base. Like where you mount the Fanatec static shifters to or maybe some dashboard style button boxes. The issue is that these are M6 screws which are not that big. In case of front mounting that podium base those screws would need to deal with the weight of the base hanging off of them, plus also the torsional stress due to the motors FFB power and you holding onto the steering wheel for dear life. On the other hand, with a bottom mount the podium base could simply rest on top of the plate, after which 3 M6 screws only need to prevent it from rotating by holding it onto the plate it is already resting on. Thus it is a lot less stress on those tiny screws. I understand this and yet I too love the front mounted solution. Or the solution which Fanatec had at Sim Expo last year by side mounting it.
  • Since over 1.200 hrs now the front mounted V2 has not moved a bit, despite the fact that I had to use extra distance holders to keep the other bolt heads from touching the front mount, which would 'weaken' the system.

I get that the Podium will put more torsional stress due to the higher torque values of the DD system, but by the looks I'd say that the screws look a bit bigger (M8). I already noticed that (or imagined it) while seeing the first pics of the camo base. Depending on how the base / internals / motor are held together, front mount could or could not be possible.
    But as it seems (I've been asking this for months now) Fanatec wants to keep it as a big secret. At least, I still have no conclusive answer.
    And tbh, I'm not really happy with that...
  • I keep wondering if there are any plans to create a Podium Series H-pattern/Sequential shifter and/or handbrake? I already have an H-pattern shifter so I'm good, but I've been dancing around the idea of upgrading to the CS Shifter and handbrake, but I would wait and save for a newer model if that's the plan for the Podium Series...Thomas can you give us any hints on that? I know you've said there are plans for new Podium wheels but don't recall hearing about a shifter or handbrake upgrade.
    It is more that with the front mount you are basically making use of the 4 bolts in front of the wheel base. Like where you mount the Fanatec static shifters to or maybe some dashboard style button boxes. The issue is that these are M6 screws which are not that big. In case of front mounting that podium base those screws would need to deal with the weight of the base hanging off of them, plus also the torsional stress due to the motors FFB power and you holding onto the steering wheel for dear life. On the other hand, with a bottom mount the podium base could simply rest on top of the plate, after which 3 M6 screws only need to prevent it from rotating by holding it onto the plate it is already resting on. Thus it is a lot less stress on those tiny screws. I understand this and yet I too love the front mounted solution. Or the solution which Fanatec had at Sim Expo last year by side mounting it.
    I think you underestimate how strong 4 M6 bolts are :)
  • Really looking forward to this @Thomas Jackermeier <3 I've been using the CSL elite ps4 wheelbase with formula rim and v3 pedals for a while now. And im really happy that you intend to make the podium console compatible The CSL is good no doubt. But i am running FFB as high as it will go and loose a bit of detail in long corners due to the CSL normalt really beeing that powerfull. I have a question regarding the vibration motors thou. Will there be a similar setting for the accelerator slip-point? Now you can only adjustable at what procentage the brake-motor starts to rumble but the accelerator starts a bit too late. Anyway. Thanks for Great products! As soon as the pre-order drops I will be in there to get myself a wheelbase!
  • Thomas lohnt es sich eigentlich auf den 13.7. oder auf überschaubar nachfolgende Zeit zwecks PS4-Kompatibilität, auf die DD-Base zu warten oder kann man getrost die CSL Elite PS4 Wheelbase bestellen? Möchte nicht doppelt kaufen. Daher die Frage. Hoffe sehr auf deine Antwort, da ich momentan keine Base mehr besitze und demnächst DRINGEND eine neue Wheelbase bestellen möchte. Vielen Dank im voraus
  • Thomas lohnt es sich eigentlich auf den 13.7. oder auf überschaubar nachfolgende Zeit zwecks PS4-Kompatibilität, auf die DD-Base zu warten oder kann man getrost die CSL Elite PS4 Wheelbase bestellen? Möchte nicht doppelt kaufen. Daher die Frage. Hoffe sehr auf deine Antwort, da ich momentan keine Base mehr besitze und demnächst DRINGEND eine neue Wheelbase bestellen möchte. Vielen Dank im voraus
    I don't think it could be any clearer. The announcement is 7/13. be patient. There isn't going to be any info before then.
    I don't think it could be any clearer. The announcement is 7/13. be patient. There isn't going to be any info before then.
    Wusste gar nicht, daß Thomas seinen Namen geändert hat. Bitte unterlasse es auf Fragen der Kunden einzugehen, wenn direkt Thomas angesprochen wird. Danke
  • Joel BarsottiJoel Barsotti Member
    edited June 2018
    Thomas lohnt es sich eigentlich auf den 13.7. oder auf überschaubar nachfolgende Zeit zwecks PS4-Kompatibilität, auf die DD-Base zu warten oder kann man getrost die CSL Elite PS4 Wheelbase bestellen? Möchte nicht doppelt kaufen. Daher die Frage. Hoffe sehr auf deine Antwort, da ich momentan keine Base mehr besitze und demnächst DRINGEND eine neue Wheelbase bestellen möchte. Vielen Dank im voraus
    Wusste gar nicht, daß Thomas seinen Namen geändert hat. Bitte unterlasse es auf Fragen der Kunden einzugehen, wenn direkt Thomas angesprochen wird. Danke
    If you only want to talk to Thomas, direct message him. This board supports it.  Maybe he'll whisper in your ear. If not you won't look so foolish, begging for information when you should already know the answer. He's not going to preempt his own product launch leaking deatails on his forum, just because you invoked his first name.
    If you only want to talk to Thomas, direct message him. This board supports it.  Maybe he'll whisper in your ear. If not you won't look so foolish, begging for information when you should already know the answer. He's not going to preempt his own product launch leaking deatails on his forum, just because you invoked his first name.
    Oh man
  • Manuel RinconManuel Rincon Member
    edited June 2018
    Hey if they get early details then I want early details too now.
  • If one gets earlier details, everyone wants them. So no one will get any information early. Easy.