Showing the new Podium Steering Wheel System

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    What’s the news on the DD1 auctions? I would have thought you’d have multiple locations going by now, seems like after the Australian test you’ve changed your mind and there isn’t going to be any more. The launch is supposed to be only 7 weeks away, I’m in the UK and would it would be great to have an update on what’s happening.
    The auctions are still happening. There will be an announcement soon!

Any news about a Podium Formula steering Wheel? Hope to see a high quality Wheel branded Mercedes or McLaren or the marvellous 919H LMP1 Wheel is a dream for me… Maybe my dreams will come true
    I have no news about Podium Series hardware right now.
  • edited October 2018
    Lack of information about DD base readiness make worry a little bit [-O<
  • edited October 2018
    I did my Pre-order for the DD1 some time ago!  Any update about the new wheels or possible products it would be great. Long time without news !
  • When we know "PS4"-base's price? I'm interested about that because it's only of them which is possible to make to work on all platforms(PC/PS4/XONe).
  • Hey everyone!

I pre-ordered my DD-2 right when it was announced. Is everything still on schedule to be released at the beginning of December?
    I was just wondering...
  • Hey everyone!

I pre-ordered my DD-2 right when it was announced. Is everything still on schedule to be released at the beginning of December?
    I was just wondering...
    +1
  • Hey everyone!

I was just wondering...
    +2

• Hey everyone!

I was just wondering...
    +3
  • Hey everyone!

I was just wondering...
    +4
  • Hey everyone!

I was just wondering...
    +5
  • Hey everyone!

I was just wondering...
    +6
  • Hey everyone!

I was just wondering...
    +7
  • This is actually ClubSport formula rim but they just cut the bottom part off. I really hope this is not the actual Podium F1 wheel. It would be quite a disappointment.
    I would like to see something more "modern"... maybe with built-in screen like real F1 rims have today.
    Hey everyone!

I was just wondering...
    +7
    +8
  • Hey everyone!

I was just wondering...
    +9
  • edited November 2018
    I don't want to disturb the +1 movement, But I would like to add My thought as well.

We the people who Pre Order Fanatec product Months in advance should be treated and kept informed  Monthly as Share holders... at the very least give us some News on how things are going...EX: On time, Expect delays because parts shortage etc... Any News is better than No News... We have invested our $$$ in 1 customer share of a product and are kept in the Dark about how things are progressing... That's Not Fair.

When products are delayed is Never the problem... Fanatec Products are worth the wait... its getting slammed at the last Minute with the Delay News that causes the Uproars because we have our Hearts and Minds set to expect it on time if we are not told of any possible delays in advance.... Keeping your Loyal Pre Order Customers informed and up to date on progress is Not too much to ask....

Now Be Nice and Play Fair.
  • edited November 2018

• @Lorrell Waddell - I think everyone can appreciate your desire for constant updates, however, your demand to be treated like a shareholder is near comical.  This isn't Kickstarter.  On Kickstarter, they need your funds to design, develop, and manufacture, i.e., take an idea to market. Fanatec, on the other hand, is developing the DD wheel bases with or without your/my preorders.
  • Except that all people who pre-order the dd already gave money for it. We aren't ask too much except to know a bit more about if it will comes in December or not.

We are all excited to receive the product. I'm not used to spend so much for something like that in preorder. So of course I would like to know more about when I will be able to use it ! I hope it will be a awesome direct drive. I can't wait to try it !

I'm sure Fanatec will make an anouncement soon about the situation. :)
  • Except that all people who pre-order the dd already gave money for it. We aren't ask too much except to know a bit more about if it will comes in December or not.

We are all excited to receive the product. I'm not used to spend so much for something like that in preorder. So of course I would like to know more about when I will be able to use it ! I hope it will be a awesome direct drive. I can't wait to try it !

I'm sure Fanatec will make an anouncement soon about the situation. :)
    +1 Exactly this....but in regards to the prior comment By Derrick Noh there will always be Nay Sayers who probably didnt and wont Pre Order anything that will have the most to say... Shruggs ....@$1,500 US just for a Toy/Device to play games with IMO News updates are Not too Much to ask for... PS My pre Order went in within the First 2 hours of pre order opening \m/ I would done it sooner but i was at work making sure i can pay for such Expensive Man Toys :-B
  • When the DD "addons" will be shown in store? I mean kill switch, some brackets for mounting, etc.
  • Hopefully we'll get some Podium news by black friday.  Maybe rim/hub preorders and hopefully a little info on how production is coming along on the bases? I assume to ship 12/7, production should be well along at this point, assuming shipment via slow boat from china to points of distribution...
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Ladies and Gentlemen

here are some news for you.

The testing goes well so far. Next batch will be produced next week but we will not release any products until all tests are succesfully finished.

This next batch will include a significant design change in the motor which should make the motor run much more stable under high load and temperature which means that this will have a big (positive) impact on durability and stability. As this is a heavy change we want to run all tests again so this takes some time but we are still aiming to start shipping in December.

But this happens only if there is no problem which cannot be fixed by a firmware update so we are positive but we still need to wait a bit to be 100% sure. 

In any case, it looks like we are very close and the final product will be significantly better than what has been shown so far.

We also got product approval from Sony for the Podium Racing Wheel which makes it the first official Direct Drive for consoles! All infos and pricing on this product will be revealed early December. 
  • Sounds promising, fingers are crossed.
  • Thanks for the update :-bd
  • Ladies and Gentlemen

here are some news for you.

The testing goes well so far. Next batch will be produced next week but we will not release any products until all tests are succesfully finished.

This next batch will include a significant design change in the motor which should make the motor run much more stable under high load and temperature which means that this will have a big (positive) impact on durability and stability. As this is a heavy change we want to run all tests again so this takes some time but we are still aiming to start shipping in December.

But this happens only if there is no problem which cannot be fixed by a firmware update so we are positive but we still need to wait a bit to be 100% sure. 

In any case, it looks like we are very close and the final product will be significantly better than what has been shown so far.

We also got product approval from Sony for the Podium Racing Wheel which makes it the first official Direct Drive for consoles! All infos and pricing on this product will be revealed early December. 
    Thank you for the update. I’m looking forward to receive the DD1 On December. :smiley:
  • Thanks Thomas for providing us some news, feeling better about my order.
  • edited November 2018
    Very thanks Thomas for update
  • Will the characteristics and behaviour of the motor also change by the "significant design change in the motor" ? Or is it only a change in how the heat is dissipated from the motor ?
  • Thanks for the update Thomas. I assume that it covers DD1 and DD2?

Good to hear that you are not going to release the product until it has been properly hardware tested. I hope some accessories like podium wheels and the emergency stop are available to pre-order soon as well!
  • will the PS4 Podium Racing Wheel be available for purchase in December?