Podium DD1 Auction dates UPDDATE 1 *IMPORTANT*

15678911»

Comments

• Joel BarsottiJoel Barsotti Member
    edited November 2018
    The pre-orders shipping date says Dec 7, 2018.  Is this accurate, are these things going to ship this year?
    Good question.

We know Fanatec announced that their may be a delay as they made a late change to their prototype to improve performance. That change required testing and they said, "only if there is no problem which cannot be fixed by a firmware update" can they hit their date.

So how did the testing go? 

Do they know if there is a delay? 

Are they waiting for a new firm date to announce the delay?

Even if there is bad news it may be they need to get a timetable together for actual release date before making an announcement. No matter how many asterisks you put next to it, tentative communication from a company will be taken as a commitment from some users.  So too much communication will come back to bite you. They are working hard to get us the wheel as fast as possible, they'll let us know things when they are firm and until then it's better for everyone if they don't give us speculative information based on what they think about work that's in progress.
  • The pre-orders shipping date says Dec 7, 2018.  Is this accurate, are these things going to ship this year?
    Good question.

We know Fanatec announced that their may be a delay as they made a late change to their prototype to improve performance. That change required testing and they said, "only if there is no problem which cannot be fixed by a firmware update" can they hit their date.

Even if there is bad news it may be they need to get a timetable together for actual release date before making an announcement. No matter how many asterisks you put next to it, tentative communication from a company will be taken as a commitment from some users.  So too much communication will come back to bite you. They are working hard to get us the wheel as fast as possible, they'll let us know things when they are firm and until then it's better for everyone if they don't give us speculative information based on what they think about work that's in progress.
    I agree to a point regarding not giving dates/times for product launches generally as this will inevitably lead to people taking as a definite date and ultimately disappointment.  
     However, when you are taking full payment for an item (not just a deposit) then I feel regular updates are required.  With most (if not all) companies if you place an order you can track the item through production, shipping etc, until it arrives.  This lack of update leads to more angst among customers and the "angry" posts you come across on forums.

Just my thoughts.
  • The pre-orders shipping date says Dec 7, 2018.  Is this accurate, are these things going to ship this year?
    Good question.

I agree to a point regarding not giving dates/times for product launches generally as this will inevitably lead to people taking as a definite date and ultimately disappointment.  
     However, when you are taking full payment for an item (not just a deposit) then I feel regular updates are required.  With most (if not all) companies if you place an order you can track the item through production, shipping etc, until it arrives.  This lack of update leads to more angst among customers and the "angry" posts you come across on forums.

Just my thoughts.
    I hear you, but I still think that they don't need to tell us anything until they either have a new date, or we hit the proposed ship date and they can't ship.
  • edited December 2018

T’was the week before release

And All through the web

Sim Racers were wondering

When will the Fanatec DD be released

• There have been lots of questions recently about the release and absolute silence from fanatec, even Dom has been unusually quiet on various forums. I think that if they were going to release as per the 7/12 schedule someone from fanatec would have popped up somewhere by now to say so. I think they are discussing internally the best way to break the news publicly that they won't release then and how to break it gently without further annoying their customers and fan base.
  • edited December 2018
    There have been lots of questions recently about the release and absolute silence from fanatec, even Dom has been unusually quiet on various forums. I think that if they were going to release as per the 7/12 schedule someone from fanatec would have popped up somewhere by now to say so. I think they are discussing internally the best way to break the news publicly that they won't release then and how to break it gently without further annoying their customers and fan base.
    +1 And the most frustrating thing is not having any answer to a multiple questions in regards to the update. :(
  • There have been lots of questions recently about the release and absolute silence from fanatec, even Dom has been unusually quiet on various forums. I think that if they were going to release as per the 7/12 schedule someone from fanatec would have popped up somewhere by now to say so. I think they are discussing internally the best way to break the news publicly that they won't release then and how to break it gently without further annoying their customers and fan base.
    +1 And the most frustrating thing is not having any answer to a multiple questions in regards to the update. :(
    Yes, it is not like they couldn't have seen any of these questions, they have made a deliberate attempt to not answer them at this stage.
  • IMO...because of the Silence on Fanatecs part I think that the Dec 7th Release day mark will be made.... They are sitting back laughing at all the Frenzy and Speculation....Missed Release dates Happen all the time... We Have Been here with Fanatec a few times before even the deleyed McClaren rim all they Needed to do was inform us about the deley and the Frenzy went away... so I will give the benefit of the doubt and say they will deliver and keep the date... No News Is Good News.
  • Funny how our perspectives can differ on this silence from fanatec, I guess we will know in 5 days
  • Funny how our perspectives can differ on this silence from fanatec, I guess we will know in 5 days

We will make an announcement regarding the Podium Wheel Base shipping date on the 4th of December.
    Dont know but got a good feeling about this i think that they wil ship on 7th but only the ones that pre ordered the first. But who knows if they delay it im fine with it too we dont want a product that has foulds in it.
  • I only pre-ordered a bit over a week ago so a small delay does not bother me but if they were going to deliver on time then why would they need to make an announcement beforehand? I am sure the announcement will be to confirm a delay but as some of you guys mentioned it could be that only some will be delivered from the 7th.
    Good question.

Just my thoughts.

The pre-orders shipping date says Dec 7, 2018.  Is this accurate, are these things going to ship this year?
    Good question.

Just my thoughts.
    Indeed.
  • edited December 2018
    Where is the update News??? If i pre ordered 1 week ago or even 1 month ago fine... I pre ordered day 1 --> 6months ago... all I want is the update ... Pardon Me if I'm getting impatient sitting waiting on any bit of News...U.S. time Its 10:50am in NYC... Germany is +6hrs ahead that makes it 10 minutes to 5pm. ~X(
  • Where is the update News??? If i pre ordered 1 week ago or even 1 month ago fine... I pre ordered day 1 --> 6months ago... all I want is the update ... Pardon Me if I'm getting impatient sitting waiting on any bit of News...U.S. time Its 10:50am in NYC... Germany is +6hrs ahead that makes it 10 minutes to 5pm. ~X(
    5pm, I guess the office is closed about now.