Podium DD1 Auction dates UPDDATE 1 *IMPORTANT*

Comments

• edited November 2018
    You're joking, right...? ;]
    €30 discount on a €1000 product that you produce and sell through your own channel is almost exactly "nothing" [3%]. And almost nobody got it.
    As it will have DD2 motor so You must consider 1500eur. Plus It's ok for those who preordered it already and want to take any possible discount.
  • I get your point that 30 is better than nothing, but you dont seem to get mine. SImply said - if someone if offering me a 3% discount with a serious face, I better be buying a house...

Anyway, if you take that petty 20e "slap in the face" discount, and you preordered, you'll loose your preorder spot and will delay the delivery of your unit... So is it really a discount?
  • This event is just a joke ! Units are going away in less than 15 seconds at 900+ €

No way to check if biders are valid, and i am sure people are just here to ruin the auction system and will never pay their units :)
  • You're joking, right...? ;]
    €30 discount on a €1000 product that you produce and sell through your own channel is almost exactly "nothing" [3%]. And almost nobody got it.
    As it will have DD2 so You must consider 1500eur. It's ok for those who preordered it already and want to take any possible discount.
    I think you and many buyers did not understand anything...

This is a DD1 not a DD2 ! Yes it has the DD2 motor but it will run at DD1 torque spec. So basicly you are buying a DD1 with no discount !

This system was pointless...
  • edited November 2018
    poor choice of the auction format.
    why not following the e-bay example which gives by far more controll
    over the intended bid like this click mahem.
    i´m a very reasonable guy but even i did bid for far more than 2.500,- € because i wanted to type in numbers
    for the next round and expected a menue to open with the click.

hey... i´m a guy. we don´t read manuals. only after the ship has sunk.   ;-)
  • edited November 2018
    According to the rules: 'We will stop the auction sessions after 45 units reach an end price below 970€.'

i.e. actually one unit sold for 961€.
  • C NC N Member
    edited November 2018

Why pointless? Fanetec got a lot of publicity and attention, at basically low margin out of profit.
    Most serious discount given out so far was 39€, so Fanatec is smashing it! They look like they want to give out discounts...
  • So basicly you are buying a DD1 with no discount !

Why not? I'd take 30eur discount with pleasure for my pre-order. I'm not sure about delivery delay in the case. I understand that You want 50% or above discount..
  • edited November 2018
    So basicly you are buying a DD1 with no discount !

Why not? I'd take 30eur discount with pleasure for my pre-order. I'm not sure about delivery delay in the case. I understand that You want 50% or above discount..
    Okay thtat's your choice but a few post before you said it was a 1500€ DD2 base when it's abviously not ! I am just warning people that it's not a DD2 and don't want them to be disapointed...
  • My friend and I are doing side bets on how many units will be sold by when. I bet there wouldn't be a sale before 8, just before one got sold. He then double or quits all 45 by 9, which I took. Looks like one every 20 mins? Lowest I've seen the counter is 54
  • José ChuecaJosé Chueca Member
    edited November 2018
    This is a joke since all the auctions almost reach the maximum price 981 to 991, a shameful scam
  • Bram UeffingBram Ueffing Member
    edited November 2018
    So you get punished for taking this lucky 3% discount if you already had a preorder by putting it right at the back of the queue again. Like what is that about? It's not even worth it to me.

Also, I would assume that no one has bid at the 961 price or thereabouts. As all bids happen right in the beginning and have to be communicated to all people that are listening in through the central server, there surely will be delays. To me it seems that people can bid when the price is still low in their browser window, then suddenly be accounted for a much higher bid. I hope I'm wrong about this, but watching it for the past hour, it sure seems like that. If so, all of these 'sales' seem to be artificial, because people didn't bid at those prices. 
  • I have to be honest. This is a joke, the site is down, the auction page is down and you can’t really bid because their is some sort of queu.
  • edited November 2018
    I just hope the CSW V2.5 comes for sale with Black Friday. 

• It's funny that people seem to think that they would get a sweet deal if the site worked somehow differently. Clearly the demand is greater than 45 units. And also outcome has been clear since the australian auction. And asking a black friday (or any other) deal for a product that hasn't even been released? Some people just can't be pleased.
  • The best price on the auction is not even close to $100 off retail...talk about FOMO rush on people buying a product without published reviews out there...to each its own...I rather wait and pick one up used after couple of months for definitely less than lowest auction price...
  • 150 minutes in and we are onto auction unit number 90. Of those, only 4 have been registered as sold at a price of between 961-971 Euros.
    This is some crazy stuff and being a newcomer to this type of thing, nothing at all like what I was expecting...
  • One thing I don’t get is why you did not prevent customers to place a bid over 999... If that’s the rule why not prevent it directly in the system? The first bidder at 991 should win the wheel and the auction should stop. (I am not one of them, just curious because it seems simple enough to do)
  • I’m not paying more than the rrp, what’s the point of this?
  • Placed my bid when price was at 400 in my screen, then says im the winning bid at 981 euros?

How can i cancel it? By just not pressing pay?
  • I got green on 961 - Almost
  • Placed my bid when price was at 400 in my screen, then says im the winning bid at 981 euros?

Yeah if you don't actually pay, Fanatec won't hold you to it. But it does mean you can't participate in future auctions.
  • unit 110, only 4 sold for less than 970.. not going well..
  • Looks to me like the auction software is failing to take into account customer demand and internet latency whilst potentially penalizing legitmate customers for the abject failure of the supplier.

Been watching for 3 hours and all i've seen is a near instant bid demand price goes beyond intended target everytime so fast Fanatec is struggling to even manually close an auction at an appropriate value
  • Couple that with how many idiots there are in the world and we will be here till black friday and perhaps beyond

• edited November 2018
    Placed my bid when price was at 400 in my screen, then says im the winning bid at 981 euros?

There is no need to cancel it. Everything above 970€ is invalid as far as I understood the rules of this game.
  • C NC N Member
    edited November 2018
    Like 70% of bets to raise the price early are from same users- just taking a piss, or a bot.
  • C NC N Member
    edited November 2018
    Sometimes its literally the same person bidding a higher price on himself couple of times in a row. Who raises the price for himself five/six times in a row? :) User 2****9 does it 14-15x in a row - went from €521 to €661 all by himself. Yet the betting continues... And theres more like him. Its hilarious. I also like how the numeric codes that mean nothing to anyone were ***** out, just so people dont figure the names out of them... :)
    Love it!
  • i can not log into my account it says that the password or email is wrong, but few hrs ago everything was fine.. is that servers problem?
  • edited November 2018
    Placed my bid when price was at 400 in my screen, then says im the winning bid at 981 euros?

There is no need to cancel it. Everything above 970€ is invalid as far as I understood the rules of this game.

It was said "there is an unlimited amount of auctions if the auction ends at 970 € or higher which is still below the rrp of 995,95€" So all auctions with an end price of more than the rrp (995,95 €) are invalid. So the 971, 981 and 991 € auctions are still valid as far as I understood the rules.. It was only said that they will limit the amount of auctions which ends below 970€ to 45 units ;-)