Delivery of the Podium Wheel Bases UPDATE2

Comments

• David i was kidding. Of course this is a special group and ppl get angry about stuff others dont give a s*** about. Thats why its a hobby. Ok so now 400 or so people of THIS group have the emailadresses. Its not like those got spilled into the internet openly. Of course it possible it will, on purpose or accident or virus or whatsoever. Get over it it happend, Thomas said he was sorry, For the delay they offer a big reward. Its 5 months! Its not your life or your kidney. It makes this DD wheel 1/3 cheaper.
    I like the way they handle things, its less of bigass company you cant touch. You think Microsoft or such would give you anything but maybe a sticker..
    They are embarrassed and want todo good. Its more family/friend/human like. I know they have our money... but you can always cancel, its not like they force you to take the free wheel.

everybody just relax :-)
  • Hope you keep peoples credit card details more secure? What is your policy on GDPR regulations? Do you have a management system in place for information security? Is it certified by an accredited auditing body? A company like yours should have management systems in place for quality and information security, if not look into it.....
  • Guess you guys are from a different era were people can just make mistakes and accept it.  Know its not life or death but if that list gets forwarded to competators it could cost Fanatec millions in lost revenue. 
    Sure Thomas is taking it seriously if your not.

Millions ? for what ? where do you get your info ?
  • Just in case anyone is thinking I was going to forward any emails....I am not! I maybe pi**ed off at Fanatec but not to that extent. I am old enough to know what is right from wrong, and doing that would be wrong. Not for Fanatecs behalf but for all the other people in my position.
  • Man you guys are making it hard for me to spend money on you, first waiting for a some sort of discount on BF for some items, no go there. So I figured you know what I'll wait for the DD2 to come out and I'll pick that up, well now I don't know where I am going to throw $2500 away lol.
  • I already sold my old wheel ... I was one the move to full Fanatec gear. Wow I just can't wait for 5 months, also pre-orderd the F1 2018 LMT. Man I'm fuqed big time. I don't know what to do now.
  • If the challenge only effects 1% of the units, couldn't you just test the units you already have for this defect and still ship units to the people who have already pre-ordered? I mean I already expect a fully QCed device before you ship it anyways for something that is so expensive. You should be able to catch the defect in the QC no?
  • edited December 2018

verwundet mein Herz mit eintöniger Mattigkeit :(

• David, there is only one type of people that doesn't do mistakes , ONE...its the ones doing absolutely nothing. I can understand people are pissed at Fanatec, thats the price to pay when you hype stuff and then miss deadlines, its specially hard when stuff gets pushed for months, i know i felt it on a smaller thing like the Mclaren...thats why i didnt pre ordered any DD this time... nevertheless, asking the head of some poor guy because your email may be public now is ridiculous... put yourself on that poor guy/gal shoes...**** must be stressfull as it is in Fanatec since they wont get away from this without a shitstorm from the OSW people that has been spilling doom and gloom regarding the info already out on the base... this must be the cherry on the cake for the naysayers ... anyway... as someone said..**** happens ...if i was Thomas, in the future would only advertise something when done and with a bullet proof date :) but hey the man likes to offer stuff ....what can i say :P
  • edited December 2018
    Noooooo!  i will wait  \m/
  • Thomas and Team, Heads up for the decision to not release a possibly faulty unit. I already have the Porsche rim and a formula rim waiting for the dd1 as I only own the GT3RS at the moment. I´m already waiting for over a year, so a few more months give time to buy some other rims.
    Really appreciate your decision and the free F1 rig (although I´ll probably buy something else, if possible).
    I mainly drive my sims in winter and already got two weeks of holidays to enjoy the dd1 after christmas. So I´m pretty sad, but sure it was the right decision.

My email has not been published - but working in IT I know such errors happen. Especially in situations like this.
    Just please make sure the DDs are perfect when they are released.
  • edited December 2018
  • @Lino. If that was me who sent the emails. I would resign. 
    Simple as that! You youngsters have no morals.

Enough said. Goodnight.
  • We are currently investigating the data leak issue but it looks like we indeed made a horrible mistake. 

X_X

The only thing we can do at this point is to write another e-mail and to let everybody know that their e-mail adress has been exposed. 

One bad news followed by the next. Not a great day  :(

I am even more sorry for that data leak then for the delay. There is no excuse for something like that. 

My deepest apologies.
    So Thomas does this mean that our payment and credit card details are now leaked to un-trustworthy personel ?? 

This is really serious 
    [-X
    That's definitely not the case. Only email addresses were visible.
    Cheers Dom, for clearing that up. I honestly really dont mind about the delay, Take your pretty Thomas and make it right, and like you say make it FLAWLESS. I'll just sit back and wait with a smile, that I know that there will be no compromise. And the best will be yet to come.  ;)
  • Delays happen, that is not what caused me to cancel my pre-order this morning. What really pushed me over the edge is that the pre-orders and auction fiasco were nothing more than a cash grab by Fanatec. I have never before had my card charged for a pre-order before the item ships. It's pretty clear now that the plan all along was to pimp these products grab the cash and then drop the delay bombshell right before release. There is no way they discovered this "issue" with the bases only 3 days before release. Odds are this issue was known even prior to the auctions taking place.  

Now I love my current Fanatec products and I will most likely purchase more in the future should they fit my needs but you will never see a dime of my pre-order money again as this entire launch reeks of incompetence and or shadiness. 
  • Thanks for the update. The delay is disappointing, but getting this right is critical. I see in the update that I can get a voucher instead of a wheel. I assume it can be used for anything, like the upcoming paddle upgrade for the Limited Edition Rim/Universal Hub. ;)
  • Fanatec are a good company when compared to some much larger ones. Ive just been through the mill with Microsoft who have without doubt the worst customer service on the planet. Although I have not preordered the DD (was very close) I think the offer of the free wheel for a value of €350 is unheard of, a really significant and kind gesture of goodwill. Remember all companies are in it to make money and a gesture like this is UNHEARD OF in this day and age.

And regarding the email issue. Guys just remember nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes. One day YOU will all make a mistake and I hope for everyone's sake we are all forgiven when we do! 

I hope whomever made the email mistake, turning an already bad day into a disastrous day is completely forgiven if they are genuinely sorry. Mistakes can and do happen and make no mistake our emails are already out there for spammers as it is. I'm sure we all already get some amount of spam.

None of these errors were done on purpose, a sincere sorry proven by the very generous offer is an amazing show of goodwill and loyalty to customers and I hope people appreciate that after they cool down and get over the understandable disspointment. People are more disappointed than normal for the main reason that these DD wheels appear to be soooo good.
  • edited December 2018
    @Thomas.

Can Fanatec offer a discount in your entry level base for those who sold their bases?
    I sold my V2.5 and already delivered it.

Now we are talking about 6 months of delay, I need something to use, compatible to my wheels and pedals.

Regards 
  • edited December 2018
    Dear Fanatec

Can you repeat the Black Firday offer on the CSL Elite wheelbase for PS4?

I ordered the DD2 on July 13th and currently have no wheelbase. I would have purchased the CSL PS4 wheelbase if I had been informed about the delay sooner.

Thanks
    Absolutely the same situation: shifter, v3 pedals and handbrake were purchased month ago and waited for Podium Racing Wheel for PS4 this december.. and such fiasco. Feels really confused what to do next 6 months..  :-/ :-/ :-/ 

PC users who preordered DD1/DD2 will get a free F1 wheel at least, but PlayStation players are left looking a fool TWICE 8-| No preorders = no compensations.. thus it will be the same bundle but more expensive for 350 euro! no parity, isn't it? :-? Thomas and Dominic, am I right? :-O
  • Thanks for the update Fanatec, can't wait to get my new DD2 base and F1 Limited rim or Porsche GT rim if out by then.
  • What confuses me is why wait a couple days before the release to announce this... especially if it is going to take up to 5 months to resolve.

I really wanted the F1 Limited Edition rim, but couldn't bite since I just spent a little over 2000 on a complete Fanatec setup, so getting this as compensation is extremely awesome!

I am really hoping it won't take until the end of April for the issues to be resolved, but I would rather get a flawless product then one that breaks after my warranty expires.   

I am upgrading from a G920, and have never experienced anything else. Hope the wait is worth it because it's going to be very painful.

My only request is for Fanatec to keep us in the loop on progress and updated timeline estimates, hopefully not a couple days before the missed date.
  • Delayed as expected, but NO mention of DD1 for PS4.....
  • edited December 2018
    Finde es auch nicht gut das kurz vor der Veröffentlichung diese Nachricht kommt... Ich habe mich sehr auf die base gefreut. Finde aber auch, das sich hier manche Leute wirklich asozial verhalten. Uhhh emailadressen anderer sind in meiner Email, Datenschutz... Bis vor kurzer Zeit hat das keine sau interessiert. Wenn einer euch im Internet was böses will macht er das. Hier sind viele die sich aus den Fehlern von Fanatec einen Vorteil erhoffen. Ihr habt die Möglichkeit den Auftrag zu stonieren und euer Geld wieder zu bekommen und das Geld bei einem anderem Anbieter zu lassen. Ich für meinen Teil werde, wenn es auch wirklich hart ist, bei Fanatec bleiben und warten. Denke auch das dass nicht die Erwartungshaltung von Fanatec ist und finde das sie das mit der Entschuldigung über ein kostenloses wheel auch eingestehen.Hier, auch für meinen Teil, hoffe es wird eine Lösung geben für die Leute die das ClubSport Lenkrad F1 2018 eh schon bestellt haben. P. S habe auch schon meine Base Verkauf und kann nicht fahren zur Zeit.... Keep simracing ???????? MICHAEL Do not think it's good that this news comes just before the release ... I was really looking forward to the base. But also find that here some people behave really antisocial. Uhhh email addresses of others are in my email, privacy ... Until recently, no pic interested. If someone wants you bad on the internet, he does that. Here are many who hope to benefit from the mistakes of Fanatec. You have the opportunity to steal the order and get your money back and leave the money with another provider. For my part, if it's really hard, I'll stay with Fanatec and wait. Also think that is not Fanatec's expectations and they agree with the apology on a free wheel. Here, also for my part, I hope there will be a solution for the people who use the ClubSport F1 2018 steering wheel already ordered. P. S already have my base sale and can not drive at the time .... Keep simracing ???????? MICHAEL
  • edited December 2018
    Delayed as expected, but NO mention of DD1 for PS4.....
    The Podioum racing Wheel PS4 will be launched together with DD1 and 2 so it is also delayed. It will be open for pre-order in December.
  • sadly nothing else to do but wait
  • Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited December 2018
    Could someone from Fanatec please confirm that anyone who maintains their pre-order for the DD1 base will still be getting the DD2 motor in it when it arrives, as originally promised for all DD1 pre-orders. Thanks...

... and even though I'm extremely disappointed by the delay, I appreciate the compensation offer with the free F1 wheel (or equivalent value voucher) – and I'm still sympathetic to the fact that you guys @ Fanatec must have had a very stressful and difficult day with all of this. No doubt there have been many others in the lead up to this announcement that we don't know about too. But, it's important to get this product right. I would rather wait than get a faulty design.

P.S. I think everyone should go a bit easy on the guy who made the mistake with the email addresses. It's not good, but humans make mistakes and it's not the end of the world either!   

• edited December 2018
    Thank you Fanatec, I very appreciate the free steering wheel F1 2019 or the voucher, i think it's worth the wait.

• Delayed as expected, but NO mention of DD1 for PS4.....
    December 6th is what I heard for the start of the pre-order for that.
  • Chris ByromChris Byrom Member
    edited December 2018
    Could someone from Fanatec please confirm that anyone who maintains their pre-order for the DD1 base will still be getting the DD2 motor in it when it arrives, as originally promised for all DD1 pre-orders.

Thanks... and even though I'm extremely disappointed, I'm still sorry that you guys @ Fanatec have had such a stressful and difficult day. I have no doubt there have been many others in the lead up to this announcement that we don't know about too.

P.S. I think everyone should go a bit easy on the guy who made the mistake with the email addresses. It's not good, but humans make mistakes and it's not the end of the world either!   

It’s not a single persons mistake. It’s a mistake by the company! A company such as this should have processes and controls in place to prevent this happening. If I had placed any orders with fanatec I would want to know how safe my personal and finacial data was. The Implementation date for the GDPR Regulations was the 25 May 2018. All companies must adhere to this legislation. If I was one of the people in question regarding this email cock up I would be asking fanatec how secure is my data that they are storing? If I was unhappy with their response I would be reporting them to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for breach and misuse of data.
  • Paul HartlPaul Hartl Member
    edited December 2018
    Good gesture by Fanatec re the credit, very rare for business to do that so I think that along with the delay to make sure it is spot on speaks volumes for fanatec ethics, re the email, it is a minor inconvenience, I already get spam from business that I have no idea how they got my email. It is pretty simple to just unsubscribe. The only thing that really annoys me is that they dropped such a large bombshell at the last moment. They must have known for a while in advance that there was an issue that could delay the launch. Informing your customer base just prior to the anticipated release is not on. Communication is the one big negative to fanatecs service, you get kept in the dark with important information until the very end. If they can improve this then they will do even better. Remember your business does not exist without a good customer base and alienating them will not grow your business, it may shrink it.