Fanatec Debuts Official Forza Motorsport Racing Wheel for Xbox One

Comments

• @Grimey...

Are you saying you are getting a Forza Rim on Friday but I have to wait until November? How on earth did you manage that :P

@Antoine, yea the FFB is better in PCars, but I have more fun/enjoyment in Forza. I think PCars is for when I'm having a serious moment and Forza is when I want to go crazy.

Like the difference between a Single Malt and Sambuca :D
    OK, I placed my order for the CSW V2 base and this Forza wheel setup last night.  Hopefully I get a shipping notice early this next week.  Also paid the extra $20 for 2 day shipping.

isn't the shipping date 30th of October for the Forza Rim or am I missing something here :-O
    The wheel alone has a 0ctober 30th date. I ordered the wheel and hub combo that states will be available September 15th.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited September 2015
    Ahh, I never checked the combo date ;)
    I may have to update my order to include another HUB then, that'll be my 4th HUB 8-}
  • You're absolutely MAD WOMAN...hahaha
  • FM6 is Going to Have to be Really Good to Get me Back... I will buy it just to Race with Natalie >:) and yhe Rest of the Group but i Dunno If its gonna Cut it when i want to Race serousely.... Seems it maybe my Fun Time Race like Grid.
  • FM6 is Going to Have to be Really Good to Get me Back... I will buy it just to Race with Natalie >:) and yhe Rest of the Group but i Dunno If its gonna Cut it when i want to Race serousely.... Seems it maybe my Fun Time Race like Grid.
    edited September 2015
    FM6 is Going to Have to be Really Good to Get me Back... I will buy it just to Race with Natalie >:) and yhe Rest of the Group but i Dunno If its gonna Cut it when i want to Race serousely.... Seems it maybe my Fun Time Race like Grid.

That's the way to look at it G :)

Yea, It's not as serious as PCars, but it's much more fun (imo) i see FM as my go to "fun" driving game on my sim rig, when I have friends round, have 20 minutes spare, or just want to have a laugh/fun with you lot on line etc FM will be the game of choice IMO :D

Then we have PCars for when we want to do some more in depth / serious racing.
    There's loads of fun info popping up of people having a great time racing trucks around Bathurst and banger racing etc in FM6 :D
    I think it's much less serious than PCars, but much more fun, also the sense of speed is truly insane! It Makes me laugh, and really feel amazed/tension as I hurtle around those tracks.

Also, the tracks feel alive! Every track has something that gives it life such as dust blowing onto the track that obscures your vision, pockets of steam, smoke from the crowd BBQ etc it gives the track a real 3 Dimensional feeling which PCars doesn't have.

The rain is amazing!
    "Puddle Gate" aside, the rain (when on bonnet cam) both looks and feels incredible. It actually "feels" (makes me believe) that's it's actually wet.

PCars is a great game for reasons XYZ
    FM is a great game for reasons ABC

I broke it down to PCars for when I want competitive wheel to wheel racing and FM when I want some fun in my rig with my rims :D
    I like them both for different reasons, I don't prefer one over the other as I see them fitting my multiple needs.

Like People/Friends/Food/Music etc there's more than type I like :D
  • Sorry, I don't want to derail this post, but when you guys/gals talk about PCars, are you playing it on XBONE, PC or PS4? I just got it for PS4 to use on my GT2 wheel until I get my CSW V2 and Forza wheel/hub, but I can't figure out how to get the CSW pedals to work and need some help.
  • Is there another forum that you all use to discuss Fanatec gear on the various platforms?
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    We should really put together a FRL (Fanatec Racing League) Especially since Forza 6 supports leagues.

p.s For those who have the Clubsport SQ 1.5 how big and heavy is it? looks quite large
  • edited September 2015
    Is there another forum that you all use to discuss Fanatec gear on the various platforms?
    1st topic on this page Jeff.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?126-PS4-Technical-Help-amp-Support

And there's also one for XOne...but XOne version is over the top buggie...growing by the day!!

• We should really put together a FRL (Fanatec Racing League) Especially since Forza 6 supports leagues.

p.s For those who have the Clubsport SQ 1.5 how big and heavy is it? looks quite large
    It's about the size of the packaging details Josef...it's quiet massive. But worth every buck!! Feels great driving that BMW M1 pro car at Zolder with the SQ in H patern!!

• Is there another forum that you all use to discuss Fanatec gear on the various platforms?
    1st topic on this page Jeff.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?126-PS4-Technical-Help-amp-Support

And there's also one for XOne...but XOne version is over the top buggie...growing by the day!!

Wow......guess I got some reading to do. Thanks
    We should really put together a FRL (Fanatec Racing League) Especially since Forza 6 supports leagues.

It's about the size of the packaging details Josef...it's quiet massive. But worth every buck!! Feels great driving that BMW M1 pro car at Zolder with the SQ in H patern!!

hmm I'm wondering if my current rig will support the weight. Do you have the SQ or Standard?
  • Landon LoperLandon Loper Member
    edited September 2015
    I really wish there was just a rim for xbox that wasn't with the uni hub so I didn't have to spend $400 JUST to play forza... since I got every thing else on pc and have f1 and porsche rim.

I'd pay $200-250 though for an xbox one only rim.

it still really burns that I can play on ps4 with no additional rim or hub but to play forza, $400 + shipping!  Just for forza! >_<  I love forza but I don't know if I love forza for $400 when I can play iracing, ac, and pcars on pc with my existing stuff.

I really really really don't want to play forza with a controller but come on fanatec give us an single xbox one rim option without the hub. 

ugh just burns. 
  • @Joseph, I've got the SQ. I'll post a picture of my rig later today and also a picture of the SQ and a cm line next to it!!
  • If you go to the Forza 6 demo or just Forza hub, you can see that FM6 is already available in the Ultimate version...I bought it! I think PCars has better ffb feel, especially now that Fanatec implemented wheel AUTO FFB!!! And Grimey feels a lot like me about FM series!!! Especially after FM5...but I feel the need testing everything ;) so I can't miss out on buying FM6!! LoL
    What is "FANATEC wheel AUTO FFB"? and when was it implemented? Where is that option in PC/Fanatec software?
    If you go to the Forza 6 demo or just Forza hub, you can see that FM6 is already available in the Ultimate version...I bought it! I think PCars has better ffb feel, especially now that Fanatec implemented wheel AUTO FFB!!! And Grimey feels a lot like me about FM series!!! Especially after FM5...but I feel the need testing everything ;) so I can't miss out on buying FM6!! LoL
    What is "FANATEC wheel AUTO FFB"? and when was it implemented? Where is that option in PC/Fanatec software?
    <br/

Auto FFB allows the wheel to be controlled by the games feedback engine. On your wheel settings, select FF and turn just past 100 and it will give you Auto.
  • ONLY available in XOne mode!!! And I dunno from which driver it was implemented. I'm on fw 110 out of driver V222, but going to upgrade to fw 116 out of driver 226 again.
    edited September 2015
    ONLY available in XOne mode!!! And I dunno from which driver it was implemented. I'm on fw 110 out of driver V222, but going to upgrade to fw 116 out of driver 226 again.

It's been around since day 1 on the HUB ;)

@Joesph
    The SQ is lovely. I have mine attached to my CSL and it looks and feels spectacular. I took a photo for you, but my awful iPhone quality means you can't read the tape measure so that'll teach me ;)

Great piece of hardware though, I think the CSS V2 should have some internal dampening/padding added to stop the metal on metal "thunk" as you engage a gear, but thats by no means a negative, as I have nothing negative to say about that particular piece of kit, just an improvement that could make it feel even better moving forward.

Overall it's an incredible bit of kit and does indeed feel very very realistic. You'll love it :)
    edited September 2015
    Here's the pic anyway... Even though it's completely useless due to my iPhone's awful quality lol :D
  • edited September 2015
    Joseph, just to give you an idea. This picture was placed by a member from another forum, and known here as Dave ..., I had the same thoughts about it, like you. Huge...but after installing it fits well in the rig!!

So Should I get the table clamp? I don't think anything comes with the Shifter for attachments other than the screws correct?
  • It can be mounted on top of something or on to something at the side.

• edited September 2015
    OK, I placed my order for the CSW V2 base and this Forza wheel setup last night.  Hopefully I get a shipping notice early this next week.  Also paid the extra $20 for 2 day shipping.
    Placed my order Aug 27 for the CSW Base and the Universal Hub for Xbox One with the flat wheel and had it on Sept. 2 with Standard shipping... What a beautiful piece... My Elite has been outstanding and I am looking forward to this new gen wheel.....

Does anyone have  detailed step by step instructions for the driver and firmware loading..... I am not a computer guy and a bit nervous about the included instructions as they are a hard to understand ...  I thank you in advance for any help....I will be using Xbox One
  • there are plenty of instructions on updating driver/ firmware  earlier.. around the timeframe of the first shipment of Xbox hubs.... but if you follow the manual instruction it should go well .. let me recommend that first you download the V219 driver ... then update the wheel/hub without the pedals attached.... then update your pedals directly via the USB on the pedals [ if using V3's]
    It can be mounted on top of something or on to something at the side.

Just saw that it is 5lbs! That is one heavy piece of equipment. Might have to retool my stand to support it and I think the Table clamp might be needed.
  • okay , couldn't find the page .. so here goes .... I assume you are using window 8 or lower ... if so use V219/FW94  from product page .. if windows 10 ... use V226

1] first remove any old fanatic drivers using the uninstall programs in windows

2] download the driver from the product page for the V2 base

3]open the controller window with the  Fanatec short cut on your desktop

4] connect your V2base/ with the Xbox hub installed to the PC via the USB cable

5] power on the V2 base.... light will be green [xbox mode] 

6] press the double square & Y buttons at the same time to enter PC mode [page 24 of the hub manual]

7] you V2 should now show up in the controller window [ as in the manual  , use the Xbox hub manual for this the instructions are much clearer

8] double click the blue highlighted " club Sport Wheel " 

9] Click "UPDATE"  on the top left of the " Fanatec Wheel Properties" window  .

10]  click on the "update clubsport base firmware " button.  then,  just follow the prompts ... and your good to go

after that you will need to recalibrate the wheel center .. just follow the instructions in the hub manual  {page 23}

• okay , couldn't find the page .. so here goes .... I assume you are using window 8 or lower ... if so use V219/FW94  from product page .. if windows 10 ... use V226

1] first remove any old fanatic drivers using the uninstall programs in windows

2] download the driver from the product page for the V2 base

3]open the controller window with the  Fanatec short cut on your desktop

4] connect your V2base/ with the Xbox hub installed to the PC via the USB cable

5] power on the V2 base.... light will be green [xbox mode] 

6] press the double square & Y buttons at the same time to enter PC mode [page 24 of the hub manual]

7] you V2 should now show up in the controller window [ as in the manual  , use the Xbox hub manual for this the instructions are much clearer

8] double click the blue highlighted " club Sport Wheel " 

9] Click "UPDATE"  on the top left of the " Fanatec Wheel Properties" window  .

10]  click on the "update clubsport base firmware " button.  then,  just follow the prompts ... and your good to go

after that you will need to recalibrate the wheel center .. just follow the instructions in the hub manual  {page 23}

Thanks Joe,

The problem is now Fanatec says to install driver and firmware before you mount the Universal Hub....

That is on the info page for the Clubsport Steering Wheel Universal Hub for Xbox One  Page on the products page...

I believe this was just added but not sure....

I appreciate your time but this is very confusing to say the least...
  • okay, the procedure is really the same for all... once you get it to be recognized by the controller window... give me a minute and let me check
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited September 2015

so not a problem .... just follow the instruction on down loading the firmare/driver.... then open the controller window ... connect the V2 base via a USB to the laptop... and press the power button on the V2 ....do not hold it ... just press it to power it on ...it will go to PC mode and  should cycle and then show up in the controller window ... from he follow the update instructions