Fanatec Debuts Official Forza Motorsport Racing Wheel for Xbox One

Comments

• I think your going to have to go through the process again once you mount the hub .... well without all the download the driver stuff...
  • Thank you , I will try it as soon as I get the chance and keep you posted....

Again, I am very thankful....
  • no problem, I was in your shoes not so long ago .... you can message people to they're email via the message button on my profile... just ckick on my name in the thread and then click message... hope it works out .. also  Grimey Dog , Antoine, and Natalie are really helpful if you get stuck ..
  • The new manual is the way to go. The hub must NOT be attached when you update for the very FIRST time. Just use driver 219 ..other drivers are BETA versions.
    After you updated the wheel will restart via the Fanatec window, after this switch off the V2 base, mount the hub, switch base back on and go through the calibration process. Close Fanatec window, press double squares button and Y button simultaneously to get it into pc mode. Open up Fanatec app again to test al functions. Then unplug the base of the pc and plug the usb into the XOne...it won't work wireless like the CSR did!!!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited September 2015
  • Nice find Joseph!!!!
  • The new manual is the way to go. The hub must NOT be attached when you update for the very FIRST time. Just use driver 219 ..other drivers are BETA versions.
    After you updated the wheel will restart via the Fanatec window, after this switch off the V2 base, mount the hub, switch base back on and go through the calibration process. Close Fanatec window, press double squares button and Y button simultaneously to get it into pc mode. Open up Fanatec app again to test al functions. Then unplug the base of the pc and plug the usb into the XOne...it won't work wireless like the CSR did!!!
    I dont Like FW 219 it always Causes my Wheel to Drive Off Center... Thats why i been using 222.... The Hub works with 222 Right??? My Hub Will be Here Tomorrow!!! Did FM6 Hit the Stores yet??? I dont like Down loading my game i like Hard Copys only.
    Forza 6 old school edition releases tomorrow. P
  • Grimey, V219 with the Xhub seems to works just fine with Forza5. when I tried the beta firmware it changed the default gear selection at the start of the race to Neutral... made the start of the race a loser. Don't have a centering issue, well that I'm aware of .

Same here on the downloads , I downloaded FM5 and when Xbox live is having problems you're not able to play.  

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester

Grimey, V219 with the Xhub seems to works just fine with Forza5. when I tried the beta firmware it changed the default gear selection at the start of the race to Neutral... made the start of the race a loser. Don't have a centering issue, well that I'm aware of .

Same here on the downloads , I downloaded FM5 and when Xbox live is having problems you're not able to play.  

If XBL is playing up, you can select "go offline" in the settings menu and all your digital games will still work fine ;)
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited September 2015
    thanks Natalie,   sometime in the next century I'll catch up to the digital age ...
  • I play FM5 and 6 with the SQ in H pattern for the road cars. I set the SQ in first before starts.
    thanks Natalie,   sometime in the next century I'll catch up to the digital age ...

No worries ;)

If only they had decent digital prices :-/
    I'm trying to all digital, but FM6 and F1 2015 will collectively cost me between £100 and £160 depending on versions. Physical is around £50/60 collectively! Digital is very close to double the price of physical, which is a shame, as I love being lazy and not swapping discs ;)
  • Natalie, which edition are you looking at?  the ultimate seems to be the pricy one . and that was basically because you got early access, VIP &  multiple car packs ...  the standard edition is the same as the in store price... at least here in the US...
    edited September 2015
    PS4
    F1 2015 Digital - £49.99
    Physical £24.99-£29.99

XBO
    FM6 Digital £49.99
    Physical £33.99 (but can be cheaper with certain offers)

PS4
    The Crew Digital £54.99 (Gold edition £69.99)
    Phsical £19.99 or less

It's crazy? i would buy/fund all 3 of these games (digitally) IF the digital was the price of the physical.

The real issue with such disparity in the business model is this.
    Let's say I decide to buy them, but I decide to buy the physical due to the monumental cost savings...

When I walk into my local game store, and see the game for sale new £19.99 or pre owned for £9.99 I'm grabbing the pre owned version, meaning the developer/publisher get nothing from me?

Had they just sold the digital copy of the game for the same RRP as the physical, they would have made close to £100 from me alone?

The model is incredibly flawed, and I'm surprised they don't just match the price of their approved retail outlets?

But what do I know ;)
  • wow!!! FM6  $ 59.99 USD  either way... it makes no sense that a disc should be less than a download ?   VAT Tax???
    wow!!! FM6  $ 59.99 USD  either way... it makes no sense that a disc should be less than a download ?   VAT Tax???

Exactly!

I can buy the disc, box, artwork, literature etc and have it hand delivered to my door the very next day for 20% less than downloading it with none of those overheads?

They have their reasons I'm sure, but I am certain that if digital prices matched the retail prices they would sell far more.

Even with the physical bring cheaper, you can at least return it, trade it in or sell it at a later date an recoup even more money back, and that's not an option with digital, so that drives the physical price even lower still (technically) ...

I'll buy those games on those formats eventually (I have some of them on other formats already) but is still annoying.

I can understand paying £13 for F1 2015 on PC if it was £24.99 - £29.99 on PS4 (as that's the retail price) but £49.99 is more than current RRP?

The crew is the worst though (PS4).
    £54.99 digital £69.99 digital gold edition

Physical can be picked up for a few £ in some places...

Crazy :D
  • With yhe Down Load theu Making you Buy the VIP Stuff.... I dunno if Forza is Gonna Keep My Attention so No Bueno im Not Buying No Vip Bundle until.it proves its self a Great Racer!!! $65.00 im willing to take a Shot but Not $100.00 Cause the Rest of the $$$ Going for a Bottle of Brandy :D
    It drives me crazy that digital prices are still the same or higher than physical copies. No manufacturing,printing,shipping costs associated with digital media so in essence they should be lower in cost. I think it simply comes down to Publishers having a set price based on development and distribution vs P&L. $69.99 (here in Canada anyway) is that set price point. 
  • Just purchased the Xbox hub with the Forza GT wheel and the v2 wheel base. Checked out and my order had 2 bases, the Xbox universal hub and the 918 wheel...yikes!!! How the heck. I hope they got my email that I only wanted the base and Xbox wheel.

Anyway, I'm Startech on Xbox, maybe I'll see you guys around. Been iRacing for awhile, G27 with SimPedals. Hand controller with Xbox. Will be nice to see how Forza is with a wheel.
  • @Grimey & Joseph, I just buy the standard edition and then purchase all the DLC with Bing Rewards gift cards .... pay'n the man with the man's money!!
  • wow!!! FM6  $ 59.99 USD  either way... it makes no sense that a disc should be less than a download ?   VAT Tax???

Exactly!

I can buy the disc, box, artwork, literature etc and have it hand delivered to my door the very next day for 20% less than downloading it with none of those overheads?

They have their reasons I'm sure, but I am certain that if digital prices matched the retail prices they would sell far more.

Even with the physical bring cheaper, you can at least return it, trade it in or sell it at a later date an recoup even more money back, and that's not an option with digital, so that drives the physical price even lower still (technically) ...

I'll buy those games on those formats eventually (I have some of them on other formats already) but is still annoying.

I can understand paying £13 for F1 2015 on PC if it was £24.99 - £29.99 on PS4 (as that's the retail price) but £49.99 is more than current RRP?

I'm a business geek. I've read lots on this very subject. Eventually you'll see video games take on the same model as music for digital download. It will be cheaper. Two things are keeping the price up. Box retailers are fighting to keep prices up. WalMart, target and GameStop etc make lots of $$ off games. If they go DD then they will sell hardware only. Gamestop also makes lots and lots off used games. So they don't want to lose that either. But the devs know they make more off DD.. They will push for this more and more. While at the same time GameStop is trying to tell people that a DD has no resale value so why spend the same amount of $$. Which in a sense makes sense. But DD is so much easier and simpler. And when the cost does come down GameStop won't have an argument. GameStop covered this extensively at their annual stakeholders meeting. They need to look to what's next or they could be the next Blockbuster and we know what happened there. And so does GameStop that's why they are being proactive.
  • Normally, you'll get an e mail today or tomorrow that it's all sorted out. And congrats with your purchase...I KNOW you won't be disappointed!! Makes you forget the G27 in a blink...lol
    wow!!! FM6  $ 59.99 USD  either way... it makes no sense that a disc should be less than a download ?   VAT Tax???

Exactly!

I'm a business geek. I've read lots on this very subject. Eventually you'll see video games take on the same model as music for digital download. It will be cheaper. Two things are keeping the price up. Box retailers are fighting to keep prices up. WalMart, target and GameStop etc make lots of $$ off games. If they go DD then they will sell hardware only. Gamestop also makes lots and lots off used games. So they don't want to lose that either. But the devs know they make more off DD.. They will push for this more and more. While at the same time GameStop is trying to tell people that a DD has no resale value so why spend the same amount of $$. Which in a sense makes sense. But DD is so much easier and simpler. And when the cost does come down GameStop won't have an argument. GameStop covered this extensively at their annual stakeholders meeting. They need to look to what's next or they could be the next Blockbuster and we know what happened there. And so does GameStop that's why they are being proactive.

There's a lot of sense in that I suppose. If digital was as cheap/cheaper your right! My money would go to the digital source and not the retailer (which is where it's looking like it will most likely go based in cost savings) which in turn keeps them in business ;)

Which to a degree I actually agree and empathise with, as I would not like to lose my game stores, they are great places and I would hate to see then leave the high street.

Looks like I'll go physical now, sell them when the digital prices come down a bit, and rebuy the digital editions. Not great, but not too bad I suppose :)
  • edited September 2015

Exactly!

There's a lot of sense in that I suppose. If digital was as cheap/cheaper your right! My money would go to the digital source and not the retailer (which is where it's looking like it will most likely go based in cost savings) which in turn keeps them in business ;)

Which to a degree I actually agree and empathise with, as I would not like to lose my game stores, they are great places and I would hate to see then leave the high street.

Looks like I'll go physical now, sell them when the digital prices come down a bit, and rebuy the digital editions. Not great, but not too bad I suppose :)

At the end of the day if these are the biggest issues that face us we are doing pretty good. RIGHT, I mean seriously. Not a bad life if this is our complaint. Lol
  • Thomas, question ab. ACL function on X1. Can we count for auto clutch feature like it was previous in CSR and Forza 4?
    It should work, like already with Thrust TX. Thanks.
  • It's realy nice to propose new wheels and others product, but aactually you have no pedals available and the CSL Seat is out of stock.

The pedals v3 are available in Novembre ...

The seat is out of stock and i have ask on FB no one can tell when it will be available again .

It's not a good idea, specially when you see Forza 6 available in Septembre
    edited September 2015

Exactly!

At the end of the day if these are the biggest issues that face us we are doing pretty good. RIGHT, I mean seriously. Not a bad life if this is our complaint. Lol

it's definitely not one of the biggest issues I face, just general chit chat with the gang :)
  • Thanks Antoine, I did indeed receive an email of the correction to my order, and it's shipping today!!  YaY!!!

Exactly!

Either end your Stuck... When DD becomes dominat then they will Push up the Prices for Physical Copys... I dont Like DD id Rather a Physical Copy of all My Games. I dont like the DRM policies and when a Console Stops working i just replace it without all the Fuss of DRM... Either End Pay Pay Pay because with DD your gonna Need a Few Hard Drives over the Years and what Happens when the HDD device Stops Working??? aaaah i got it Pay Pay and Pay again... I do Save a Ton of $$$ playing Video games so im Not Complaining... V2 wheel $500.00 But every Time i go out its $50.00 to $100.00 Bucks so i Really Save Big time and Have Longer Lasting Fun Staying Home Playing PCars and Such.... You Know How Many BBQ's i missed this Summer Home Safe Not Spending any $$$ or Getting into Mischeif playing PS4... LOL