Fanatec Debuts Official Forza Motorsport Racing Wheel for Xbox One

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Ok Today is FM6 Launch Day... Where is the Bug Free or at least Stable FW at :-/

Its 11:30am NY Time so it 5:30pm In Germany... Only 1/2 hour left before the business day is over... Hurry Up Fanatec >:/

• wow!!! FM6  $ 59.99 USD  either way... it makes no sense that a disc should be less than a download ?   VAT Tax???

Exactly!

I can buy the disc, box, artwork, literature etc and have it hand delivered to my door the very next day for 20% less than downloading it with none of those overheads?

They have their reasons I'm sure, but I am certain that if digital prices matched the retail prices they would sell far more.

Even with the physical bring cheaper, you can at least return it, trade it in or sell it at a later date an recoup even more money back, and that's not an option with digital, so that drives the physical price even lower still (technically) ...

I'll buy those games on those formats eventually (I have some of them on other formats already) but is still annoying.

I can understand paying £13 for F1 2015 on PC if it was £24.99 - £29.99 on PS4 (as that's the retail price) but £49.99 is more than current RRP?

The crew is the worst though (PS4).
    £54.99 digital £69.99 digital gold edition

Physical can be picked up for a few £ in some places...

Crazy :D

I'm a business geek. I've read lots on this very subject. Eventually you'll see video games take on the same model as music for digital download. It will be cheaper. Two things are keeping the price up. Box retailers are fighting to keep prices up. WalMart, target and GameStop etc make lots of $$ off games. If they go DD then they will sell hardware only. Gamestop also makes lots and lots off used games. So they don't want to lose that either. But the devs know they make more off DD.. They will push for this more and more. While at the same time GameStop is trying to tell people that a DD has no resale value so why spend the same amount of $$. Which in a sense makes sense. But DD is so much easier and simpler. And when the cost does come down GameStop won't have an argument. GameStop covered this extensively at their annual stakeholders meeting. They need to look to what's next or they could be the next Blockbuster and we know what happened there. And so does GameStop that's why they are being proactive.
    Either end your Stuck... When DD becomes dominat then they will Push up the Prices for Physical Copys... I dont Like DD id Rather a Physical Copy of all My Games. I dont like the DRM policies and when a Console Stops working i just replace it without all the Fuss of DRM... Either End Pay Pay Pay because with DD your gonna Need a Few Hard Drives over the Years and what Happens when the HDD device Stops Working??? aaaah i got it Pay Pay and Pay again... I do Save a Ton of $$$ playing Video games so im Not Complaining... V2 wheel $500.00 But every Time i go out its $50.00 to $100.00 Bucks so i Really Save Big time and Have Longer Lasting Fun Staying Home Playing PCars and Such.... You Know How Many BBQ's i missed this Summer Home Safe Not Spending any $$$ or Getting into Mischeif playing PS4... LOL

Just to jump in on this and give my two cents.

DD has been MUCH cheaper for me with Xbox One.  My wife and I play the same games, on the 360, we would have to by two copies.  With DD on the XBO, we only need one copy for both of us to play together, same time.  Saved us TONS in money.  So for a family that plays together, it was a no brainer to download the games vs physical disk purchases.  In this was MS has made it much cheaper for me to purchase DD.

• Hi guys,

Having a small issue - using V2 wheelbase, xb1 hub, sq shifter and clubsport pedals (v1 - still working fine) and running Forza 6

I was doing some longer runs in practice mode to get used to the wheel & dial in my on-wheel settings. While doing this, over the course of about 30mins of driving the screen dimmed on 2 separate occasions in mid lap. Like the Xbox wasn't detecting the wheel as an active controller (keeping it awake), thought the console was idle and activated the dimming screen saver. The moment I pressed the home button (big white Xbox logo) on the wheel it returned the screen to normal brightness... I was only using the wheel itself, sq shifter and pedals - I didn't use funky button or any other buttons on the wheel (no real reason to - not sure if that makes any difference). Anyone else had this happen and is there any way to stop it from doing it?

Everything is running latest firmware (pretty sure).

Loving the wheel though.
  • @ Alex, it has been an issue all along with Forza 5 ... best solution for now... every once and awhile push the look back button , if memory serves me that is enough input from the wheel to stop Xbox from going into slap mode.. for some reason wheel and pedal input don't seem to wake it up.
  • They say 1 Pic is worth 1000 words... So i Posted 2 pics :))

I Dunno if im Keeping PCars For XB1 though... Sould i???
    PCars on PS4 is Very Good!!! Only way i Keep it is to Race with you Gal and Guys... Who Still Plays PCars for XB1?
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Sweet! PCars seems to be better on PS4 but I would keep it to race with us X1 folk. ;)
  • Patiently waiting for my shipping notice.......
    Me too Jeff :)
  • PCars on XOne is the nr 1 bug emperor!!
  • Sweet! PCars seems to be better on PS4 but I would keep it to race with us X1 folk. ;)
    Im willing to keep it but not we the forum members who have spent sooo much time posting with one another cant get together and Race... i think it will be Great fun Racing with you guys and Gals!!! that's the only reason i bought it Forza also ...to race with my Fanatec Fellow Sim Racer family.... Forza Lost me along Time ago... hopefully FM6 is better but i don't trust it until it proves its self.
  • ok im on FW 110 and the Hub wont show up on my PC... The ring of light is Green...what Driver/FW do i need to be on to get my PC to see the HUB???
    Your hub is already at 110 right?. Did you switch it to pc mode? It automatically defaults to Xbox One mode.
  • Nope... I Didnt Do that... LOL... How do i Switch it... You Know we Men dont Read instuction.Booklets... LOL... Seems that Fanatec Knows that... Didnt Come With Any intruction Book...Not Even a 1 page Note!!!. LOL
    edited September 2015
    Sorry I meant View button + Y
  • Thanks for the info Joe.
  • There should be a quick start guide in the package Grimey. And I advice you to download the full manual pdf on your smartphone. In the beginning it really is a handy tool!!
  • The XOne hub ALWAYS starts up in XOne mode...to play PCars on XOne you'll better upgrade the base to fw 116 out of driver V226.
    What is different in 116 vs 110 Antoine?
    Me too Jeff :)

Just got shipping email.....should be here Thursday night.
  • The XOne hub ALWAYS starts up in XOne mode...to play PCars on XOne you'll better upgrade the base to fw 116 out of driver V226.
    Do you still get the random pedal Half throttle in FW 226???

• Not Nearly as Much Road Feel as i Have in PCars!!! the only thing that i can Feel is the Tire Chatter before you spin the Car.... With my PCars FFB Tweek i feel That and sooo Much More Road Feel!!! I Dunno??? Sigh
    8->
  • We had to adapt the prices in Australia because of the exchange rate. For a long time, the australians were paying by far the lowest prices in the world for our products and now we equalized it.

I wish we would have one world currency.
    This is absolute bullshit the EUR is the strongest its been in the past year vs the AUD. The price hike was purely due to the release of Forza 6.

**** Disgusted. I bought a Console and Forza 6 $549 was going to buy the GT wheel for $550 now its $650.

GO **** YOURSELF FANATEC
    edited September 2015
    Not Nearly as Much Road Feel as i Have in PCars!!! the only thing that i can Feel is the Tire Chatter before you spin the Car.... With my PCars FFB Tweek i feel That and sooo Much More Road Feel!!! I Dunno??? Sigh
    8->
    Did you try my settings on the last post of the firmware thread? Is your last tweak v009 still?
  • Hi Jeff, still waiting for mine. Maybe cause I did standard shipping. Can't wait!! lol

Peter,
    If the product is too expensive, don't buy. If you don't like the company, don't buy from them.  Speak your mind, that's good as well.  But your last comment ruined your whole point and makes you just sound like a child.
  • edited September 2015
    I'm annoyed that I paid $2200 for bmw rim, v2 base, v3 pedals with 2 dampers and shifter. I had to wait for my bank to recover to buy the Xbox wheel. I paid $549 for the console and gone to purchase the wheel and the f1 wheel and the total cost of the two has gone up nearly $200. The wheel is now $100 more than the console FFS

Im pissed!!!!
  • edited September 2015
    Not Nearly as Much Road Feel as i Have in PCars!!! the only thing that i can Feel is the Tire Chatter before you spin the Car.... With my PCars FFB Tweek i feel That and sooo Much More Road Feel!!! I Dunno??? Sigh
    8->
    Did you try my settings on the last post of the firmware thread? Is your last tweak v009 still?
    i Havent had a chance to try them yet but i will for sure... Im always looking for better or new ways to tweek New ways and ideas to tune... Im in love with feel of my v009 tweek... thats the reason FM6 feels lame i feel much much more than FM6 is putting out... I cant even properly judge corner speed because theres no real road feel in FM6...SMH... It Feels Very Arcade like... Almost Like Grid 1 felt... I did Love the first Grid though.
  • edited September 2015
    So Far The XB1 Hub and Forza Rim Get a G for Great!!! Feels Really Good in your Hand and the Rim Stitching and Leather are of fine Quality!!!

FM6 Get the a T for Trash!!! no way can i race this as a sim...The cars feel like they have super Grip.... But you cant push them to them because you cant feel whats going on with the car!!! What a Huge Let down From Turn10/Forza AGAIN... Steering feels like way back when FFB was just a Spring in the center of the wheel!!!

Edit: Not Even ABS or Throttle Rumble??? WTF!!!
    Forza Has went Full Blown Arcade!!! Even with the steering on Sim!!! and All Assist Off!!   No If and or doubts about it!!! Pure Arcade action
    :-q
  • I'm annoyed that I paid $2200 for bmw rim, v2 base, v3 pedals with 2 dampers and shifter. I had to wait for my bank to recover to buy the Xbox wheel. I paid $549 for the console and gone to purchase the wheel and the f1 wheel and the total cost of the two has gone up nearly $200. The wheel is now $100 more than the console FFS

Im pissed!!!!
    I got caught out by the price increases as well, I know how you are feeling. For me it is the CSS SQ mainly, at $329 now it would cost me the better of $360 after adding shipping. Now that isn't that far out of the way, if that was the extent of the price increase and cost I would fork out the extra money without much of a second thought. What irks me is $34 for a USB adapter now. If I am paying over $300 for a piece of hardware buying a USB adapter at all feels wrong, it should be included, but $35 for one is just beyond a joke and puts the price over $390.
  • edited September 2015
    I got caught out by the price increases as well, I know how you are feeling. For me it is the CSS SQ mainly, at $329 now it would cost me the better of $360 after adding shipping. Now that isn't that far out of the way, if that was the extent of the price increase and cost I would fork out the extra money without much of a second thought. What irks me is $34 for a USB adapter now. If I am paying over $300 for a piece of hardware buying a USB adapter at all feels wrong, it should be included, but $35 for one is just beyond a joke and puts the price over $390.
    I got the shifter for $239 a month ago that's a massive increase. I paid $9.90 shipping on top but I'm in VIC. If you wanna PM me dude I got 2 brand new usb adapters send me $20 to my paypal and I'll ship it to you express.

What annoys me the most is they say they increased prices to make Aust even with the rest of the world. If I go on the US site and look at the Forza wheel its $500 AUD we are now paying $650 AUD.
    Funny all the prices came into affect just before the forza 6 release and the EURO is currently at the highest its been since 2009 vs the AUD.

• So Far The XB1 Hub and Forza Rim Get a G for Great!!! Feels Really Good in your Hand and the Rim Stitching and Leather are of fine Quality!!!

FM6 Get the a T for Trash!!! no way can i race this as a sim...The cars feel like they have super Grip.... But you cant push them to them because you cant feel whats going on with the car!!! What a Huge Let down From Turn10/Forza AGAIN... Steering feels like way back when FFB was just a Spring in the center of the wheel!!!

Edit: Not Even ABS or Throttle Rumble??? WTF!!!
    Forza Has went Full Blown Arcade!!! Even with the steering on Sim!!! and All Assist Off!!   No If and or doubts about it!!! Pure Arcade action
    :-q
    +1

Here is a thread at official T10 forum, where dev team member explain some FFB basics
    http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst41479_Steering-Wheels-and-You---A-Hopefully-Helpful-Guide.aspx?=

However it has nothing to do with real problem which is no existence of real force feedback. I've tried it with Fana V2 and Thrust TX.
    As for now Forza 6 translate 1cm stick movement to 900 degree wheels with every action like kerb, blocked tires, crash into same primitive rhythmic vibration.

I'm shocked that some folks call it actually "realistic" and treats it as improvement over FM5.
    Such an attitude is shameful and if T10 won't return with FFB to the scratch this game should be announced as "exclusively for gamepads"

PS gear is updated and i know all setup tricks, thats NOT the case, please...