Fanatec Debuts Official Forza Motorsport Racing Wheel for Xbox One

Comments

• Does anyone subscribe to iRacing.com?  Maybe a bit expensive but if you like true simulation, may try it out for a month trial.

• I got the shifter for $239 a month ago that's a massive increase. I paid $9.90 shipping on top but I'm in VIC. If you wanna PM me dude I got 2 brand new usb adapters send me $20 to my paypal and I'll ship it to you express.

I am kicking myself for sleeping on the purchase one more day and then finding the prices had been increased. I live in the southern part of WA so postage tends to be higher. Honestly I have already spent the money that was going to go on the CSP V3 on my other hobby and I am questioning if I should just do the same with the money that was planned for the CSS SQ despite how much I would love to own one. 
    I think I will hold off on that though and see if life throws me a line and puts me in a position where things in this situation might change for the better.

Nothing against you or anything with this next comment, you seem like a trustworthy and generally nice guy, but I have been burned with transactions like that over the internet before which have left me slightly wary of them and also the shipping might be higher than you would expect.
  • edited September 2015
    Does anyone subscribe to iRacing.com?  Maybe a bit expensive but if you like true simulation, may try it out for a month trial.

IRacing is Not all that... at this point PCars is just as Good or Better...imo... and once you own it you Own it!!! Not like IRacing you buy content and once you dont Renew your yearly Subscrirption you cant use what you Paid for... Thats Extortion!!!
  • edited September 2015

Personally, I enjoy the competition of iRacing.  I have been online racing since the original NASCAR Racing game back in 1998 I think.  Same guys, and very clean racing.  I look for deals, and have paid $99 bucks for two year subscriptions twice now. :-)  $50 a year (edit) is good.  As for buying the cars and tracks, you get what you use, not bad and deals as well.  You end up racing the best in the world of OLR as from what I see.  NOW...I totally agree with you, it can be expensive but I personally love the challenge of it.  Very real feeling as you practice so hard, setup and finish 5th with a bunch of aliens.  It's a nice feeling.  Winning is an incredible feeling as you won against the best in your skill level.  All tracks are created using lazer measurements, all bumps are the real bumps...it really is a great sim, with costs of course.  FMS to me is relaxation.  Fun...  iRacing is pure adrenaline when that race starts.  And has very high highs, and VERY LOW lows, lol.  Like racing.

Does anyone subscribe to iRacing.com?  Maybe a bit expensive but if you like true simulation, may try it out for a month trial.

IRacing is Not all that... at this point PCars is just as Good or Better...imo... and once you own it you Own it!!! Not like IRacing you buy content and once you dont Renew your yearly Subscrirption you cant use what you Paid for... Thats Extortion!!!

• P.S.  After I catch up on my current purchase, I will defiinely look into PCars.
  • I tried IRacing 2x... Maybe i will try again i want to get a better PC first... My PC does good but just time to upgrade to a more powerful machine.
  • Got to have the frame rate, that's for sure.  I like mine at least 60fps or I notice the chop in the turns.
  • edited September 2015
    The thing that Makes Me Mad about FM6 is Forza always Boasts its self up to be a Sim... But they Have went Full Arcade with FM6!!! They should have made that anouncment!!!! Yes i still would Have bought the XB1 Hub and Forza Logo Rim.. But i would Not have Been Looking Forward to or even bought FM6... and Just maybe i would have bought it but i would have at least Known what i was getting... 100% Arcade Racer!!! FM6 has less wheel physics than FM5 and i was using a TX wheel with that... I thought for sure if the TX was Good with FM5 that the V2 would be Great with FM6... what a Let Down :-q
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Well hopefully with WRC (apparently going back to sim roots) and Assetto Corsa coming our sim needs will be filled.
  • Im Loving PCars on PS4... I Have it for XB1 but have Not opened or decided if im Keeping it or Not... I May Trade them both in for Forza Horizon and the New Metal Gear
  • I don't care what they boast, it's no sim, lol   But I have had everyone of them...have always enjoyed it for what it is.  I hope I enjoy 6.

I bought this wheel for iRacing first, but wanted a wheel for xbox one.  I can't review it as I don't know...waiting for shipping email STILL :-(.  I find sometimes a wheel on FMS was a disadvantage at times with my old 360 wheel, and I could really sling a car around with the pad.  But the wheel allows for better precision entering and exiting turns if you don't get slammed by a "friend" lol

• WRC?

Do tell, consoles? I really don't know much of what's out there anymore.

Demo releasing in a week or so. Game out in October. There is also Sebastian Loeb Rally in November I believe.

http://www.kylotonngames.com/pages/games.php?page=wrc5

Some preview vids.
  • This is what Really Sucks about FM6 being Full Arcade!!! I thought thats what Forza Horizon was For and FM6 was Going Full Sim... Guess thats what i get for thinking... Turn10 has Deceitfully Robbed All of us!!! V2 Wheel $500.00, XB1 Hub and Forza Rim $400.00, V3 Pedals $300.00... and thats just Half of the Stuff... To Play FM6 Arcade Racer??? We coulda played that with a Mad Catz wheel and spent less than Half the $$$.... I Play PS4 and PC also so im Not upset about buying the Only Gear because i use it for other platforms. But Turn10 Led and Robbed every one who expected it to be a Sim Racer.
  • My previous wheel for Forza was the $99 xbox 360 wheel.  Poor quality.  But it was what it was.

My setup for OLR with iRacing right now is the Logitech G27, great wheel.  My pedals are SimPedals with hydraulic break pedal  simpedals.com I believe and my racing cockpit is simseats.com   So I have close $3500 for iRacing (with PC)...that's how addictive it is.  FYI, I am actually divorced recently, lol   But it really is a cheep hobby, I don't drink or play golf...so...

Console racing if fun for me...and I wanted a better wheel than the G27 for iRacing which is more of a passion of a more pure type racing.  This wheel and hub will serve both genres for me. 

I also like with iRacing that the other drivers are clean racers for the most part and you get penalized for contact, off track, etc that will effect your ranking.  I like with Forza that if I get slammed into the corner, I will catch the b@sterd in the next turn, lol.  Can't do payback in iRacing because it will hurt you as well.

• Yup Here im well over $5000.00 in Sim Gear!!! This is My 3rd Fanatec Wheel Not to Count Tv's and other Goodies PC games ETC...... Its Cheaper than Going out every weekend and the Fun Last Longer... Been doing this for Many Many years.
  • Very cool, love this hobby and sport of auto racing!
  • Demo releasing in a week or so. Game out in October. There is also Sebastian Loeb Rally in November I believe.

http://www.kylotonngames.com/pages/games.php?page=wrc5

Some preview vids.
    That looks SWEET Joseph!!
  • Now here is a Real Funny... How could FM5 and Forza Horizon have better wheel feel than FM6??? But they really do have More road feel than FM6
    @-)
  • So Got my Base v2 and new Xbox Rim.  Got to use it a total of 2 hours b4 the damn think stopped working.  Base is reconised in windows but as soon as i plug in the rim Get the USB disconnect sound.  and cannot calibrate it.  Have uninstalled all drives and reinstalled them.  REflashed the Firmware No Go GEtting REady to Pack it up and send it all back 
  • So Got my Base v2 and new Xbox Rim.  Got to use it a total of 2 hours b4 the damn think stopped working.  Base is reconised in windows but as soon as i plug in the rim Get the USB disconnect sound.  and cannot calibrate it.  Have uninstalled all drives and reinstalled them.  REflashed the Firmware No Go GEtting REady to Pack it up and send it all back 
    One thing I noticed you did not say if using on windows or Xbox.  From all I've read, you for sure need to take it off Xbox Mode that comes on by default in NOT using the Xbox console.  Sorry bud :(
    edited September 2015
    So Got my Base v2 and new Xbox Rim.  Got to use it a total of 2 hours b4 the damn think stopped working.  Base is reconised in windows but as soon as i plug in the rim Get the USB disconnect sound.  and cannot calibrate it.  Have uninstalled all drives and reinstalled them.  REflashed the Firmware No Go GEtting REady to Pack it up and send it all back 
    ---
  • What I have noticed is that at times on power up of the V2 base , it fails to fully cycle through... stopping at times with the firmware on the LED display or not going to the point of the three dashes in the LED... not sure if that effects the performance of the wheel on Xbox [ I assume it does]  but I just turn off the wheel an power it on until it goes through the full start up cycle.  I haven't experienced the brake or throttle fall off and for the most part the FM6/Xhub is working well.  However , The driver has a bit to learn

• What I have noticed is that at times on power up of the V2 base , it fails to fully cycle through... stopping at times with the firmware on the LED display or not going to the point of the three dashes in the LED... not sure if that effects the performance of the wheel on Xbox [ I assume it does]  but I just turn off the wheel an power it on until it goes through the full start up cycle.  I haven't experienced the brake or thirottle fall off and for the most part the FM6/Xhub is working well.  However , The driver has a bit to learn

What FW Do you have on your wheel and Pedals???
    With FW 116 i have to Restart the Wheel to get it to read the Pedals on a Random Basis... That was Getting Frustrating... Ive been testing Hub and Diff FW since 1:30pm.dont know if i want to stay on Wheel/Pedal FW from 219 or Wheel/Pedal FW from 222...

• joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited September 2015

still using V2189/FW 94

sen=360          game settings== 0-95-6-95-15-95-15-90-10-100-50-100-360    <

ff=45

sho=40

abs=pff

lin=10

dea=off

dri=off

brg=60

• I too am a bit disappointed that T10 went the route of satisfying people with the attention span of a gnat.... they could have updated FM5 with a few more DLC tracks and been done with it.......
  • 219 also has the Car in Gear when the Race starts on FM6.. im going to Stick ith 219 for a bit.... i was on 222
  • that's why I went back to V219 and let you and Natalie play doctor
    Is that why the gear is in neutral? Hmm maybe I will go back to 219. Currently on 222
  • wait , I said that day one of the 222 release..... FYI ... I'm still using Windows 7 so I don't know if that affects things...also I have BRF although it disappeared for a bit ... and that maybe a result of in game setting on FF and alike