Fanatec Debuts Official Forza Motorsport Racing Wheel for Xbox One

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Brf seems to appear randomly in Forza 6.
  • What is BRF?
  • that's why I went back to V219 and let you and Natalie play doctor
    LOL!!!
  • What is BRF?
    it is a tuning menu option [ apparently on again of again ] which replaces the old "potential-meter"  on the V2 pedals. Basically you can adjust the amount of force required to lock up the brakes ..... the lower the number the faster you achieve brake lock up ... the higher the number the more you can mash on the brake pedal ... if you go to the tuning menu on the wheel it will show up right after the "dil" setting.. If you are not getting it .. it may me due to the driver/firmware..I'm using V219/94  .... .or if memory serves me it is not available if you manually calibrate the brakes in the controller window on your PC....  I'm getting it on my wheel at the moment so you could try the wheel/ game settings I posted earlier as a test.
  • Thanks Joe,
    Just got my shipping confirmation so I have not gotten to try anything. I will be using another set of pedals. Or are you talking about the VS base?
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited September 2015
    V2 base with V3 pedals .... if you are using V2's  it's not an option ... also , if you are using the V2's check to make sure all connections are tight [ esp the PS2 connection under the pedals and inline]  well add the connectin from the clutch to the brake box...you get the idea ... they mess with the base if not ... would recommend you only update the pedals directly via the USB if possible... hope that helps . normally if you have issues someone is around who has already been there done that , and by done that I mean plugged the pedals into the data port...oops
  • edited September 2015

These are my pedals. Sure hope they work. They said they would
  • Dammmmmm ..........you know you're in trouble when they have a financing tab!!!    I hope they work to..... and if they do ... please don't tell me .. my son would like just a bit of his inheritance in something other than sim-racing gear
  • Lol, yeah well, it's my only hobby, life time warrantee and the plug tight into PC, but hope the work with base, wheel when plugged for Xbox direct to base
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited September 2015
    So my delivery arrived :-bd

Working from home today and as usual, the delivery driver arrived while I nipped out to the shops, but luckily someone was in to sign for it :)

Annnnnnnnnd.......
    My rim hub is smashed lol :D
    Pic sent, awaiting response!
    I'm seriously considering moving to China as Head of QA for Fanatec ;)
  • Sounds like delivery service issue.... but sorry to hear you had another problem. So, you're working from the CSL
  • Was it Just the Box Natalie or the Actual Hub is Smashed dented and Broken... For How Much you Buy and after all the Problem youve have Fanatec Should Hand Deliver to you.... Post a Pic... What Did you order Now?
  • The XOne hub ALWAYS starts up in XOne mode...to play PCars on XOne you'll better upgrade the base to fw 116 out of driver V226.
    Do you still get the random pedal Half throttle in FW 226???

Stranger now since lube.
    In FM6 I get full input reading from telemetry, but when I hit the brakes for the 1st corner....gaspedal only reads 96% when fully pressed !!
    Same thing in PCars...after first brake press, the green beam isn't filled completely !!
    Restarting the wheel doesn't work anymore from this point to reset this...and after a couple of laps...again, half Throtlle again !!
  • Should I be worried about my purchase here?  Seems like a lot of issues with the FW versions :-(
  • We had to adapt the prices in Australia because of the exchange rate. For a long time, the australians were paying by far the lowest prices in the world for our products and now we equalized it.

I wish we would have one world currency.

This is absolute bullshit the EUR is the strongest its been in the past year vs the AUD. The price hike was purely due to the release of Forza 6.

**** Disgusted. I bought a Console and Forza 6 $549 was going to buy the GT wheel for $550 now its $650.

GO **** YOURSELF FANATEC

Fanatec products are made in China, they use the US $ to compare. We, in Europe had to deal with that huge price hike too...about 6 months ago.

• edited September 2015
    What is different in 116 vs 110 Antoine?

TOTAL FEEL Joseph
    Sounds like delivery service issue.... but sorry to hear you had another problem. So, you're working from the CSL
    Hehe, yea it's actually very comfy (if you use/add a lumbar support). It's almost as comfy as my recliners... Almost :)
    Was it Just the Box Natalie or the Actual Hub is Smashed dented and Broken... For How Much you Buy and after all the Problem youve have Fanatec Should Hand Deliver to you.... Post a Pic... What Did you order Now?

I spent just under €1000 euro on more stuff Grimey... I think I'm addicted :)
    I bought:
    FORZA Rim
    XBOHUB
    Oval Rim
    Round1 Rim
    Static Paddles

It's definitely not a delivery issue as the items packaging was pristine, the bags etc were sealed but the inside was smashed. Not a big deal as I know it will get fixed, but room for improvement ;)
    edited September 2015
    Double post in reverse
    edited September 2015
    What is different in 116 vs 110 Antoine?

TOTAL FEEL Joseph

Depending on how accurate WheelChecker is, I tested all the Fanatec firmware and found that 110 was/has the biggest dead zone (0.08) compared to 0.04 on most others. That's after doing 4 consecutive runs with a 1hr cooling off period in between runs and then balancing the DRR / DRF etc to get a completely linear response.

116 was my fav :)
    So you recommend upgrading the wheel to 226?
  • My apologies to a newbie, are we just talking about tweaks that the average person may not notice based off what he/she is used to?

I started monitoring this thread to read as much about this purchase as possible, and for me (outside looking in) it's very confusing on all this.  The one that concerned me most is about half intermittent half throttle.  Dead zones, cooling off periods?  Sorry, but I just had/have a G27, it's always worked the way I expected, and has been a work horse.  Maybe not the greatest wheel out there, but sure one of the most purchased.

Please, if you have a moment, tell me I'm getting a very good product, and there are just tweaking issues.

• edited September 2015
    YES Steve, your buying a GREAT...AWESOME...hell of a product...it's just US addicts tweaking...testing and using the gear on edge, to get the average person the best firmware on their gear. ;)
    Firmware issues WILL be resolved, especially since the new drivers are ALL BETA, except driver version 219 !!! And V205 if you don't use the XOne hub !!

Ps. Natalie, PM
  • Thanks Antoine, I was hoping you all are just testing and tweaking.  Great stuff.  Thanks for the driver advice.  I will let you know what I think.

I was just watching some youtube vids on it again, lol.  I will be using the XOne hub, so 219 it is I guess :)

• V216 is also a very good beta driver, JUST DON'T update your V3 pedals if/when you've got them coming...for now.
    And if you don't like it, you can always downgrade by installing the V219 driver and update again with the 219
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited September 2015
    Grimey,  here's mine set, it's not the way it was shipped.
    Grimey,  here's mine set, it's not the way it was shipped.
    Thats an OCD nightmare LOL
  • By the way, as you can see one of the button caps is still missing. A-B-+= all cracked [which Fanatec replaced = is on the way ] ... but what I did was put a small amount of hot glue behind the cap to fill the void created by the concave button stem ... so far so good...
  • Damn just got my round 1 rim and looks like ill have to buy this too! The $165 price is saddening though. 

On another note can anyone direct me to a forum for help with fanatec products other than support which has always been slow for me and got disconnected from live chat 3 times

Set up my csw2 + XBO Hub and updated to driver v226 (beta) (and also tried v219) but when attached to the xbox altho the buttons on the hub work the wheel itself doesnt and is not recognised as a device. 
  • Landon LoperLandon Loper Member
    edited September 2015
    i bit the bullet and spent extra $430 with 2 day shipping to play forza 6.  the forza gt rim is glorious and hub is badass but forza 6 is pretty bland feeling. project cars is much more in depth with the race weekends.  

I play pcars on pc but forza seems severely lacking compared to pcars with 2 lap races, no race weekends, no fov adjustment, no seat adjustment, can't remove wheel and hands, and the mp lobbies are severly lacking a custom rooms like pcars has.

overall pretty disappointed forza 6 is just tracks and cars patch for 5 with rain and night.
  • So you recommend upgrading the wheel to 226?
    Absolutly NOT!!!~