Fanatec Driver 455 Release for CSL, CS and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• Good morning, I recently purchased a fanatec kit with:

ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2.5

ClubSport Pedals V3

ClubSport DD 12nm

I updated the drivers with the fanatec control panel software, but I cannot in any way update the quick release wireless drivers which are at version 0.6.6.5 but which should be updated to version 1.0.0.3.

I tried to do it both via software and via the 455 installation package downloaded from the site.

The system works well, but for all the games I use (ACC, iracing and AC) the LEDs and the mini display on the steering wheel freeze after a few minutes of play and stop working. Could the problem be related to the WQR update?

Where can I find the WQR driver version 1.0.0.3 alone, for my system and install them manually from the Fanatec control panel software?

Thank you. Greetings.

• To update the WQR you have to detach the steering wheel, otherwise the QR refuses the update.

But no, this would not fix the issue of the wheel freezing after some minutes of driving.

This is still under investigation if and how it can be fixed in the next weeks and months.

• Good morning and thank you Maurice. I tried several times to update the WQR drivers by first detaching the steering wheel, but they were never successful. This is why I was asking where I can find the drivers individually (and not in the 455 package) to update them manually via the Fanatec Control Panel application.

Regarding the steering wheel LED issue, can you confirm that this is a widespread issue related to the 12nm Club sport DD base?

Thank you. Greetings.

• Maurice help me please!

My BME freeze problem still not fixed, because the support so slow, and didn't get any email since 20. December... So I contacted in Facebook, and I got this.

But he forgot the attached file, and I can't download anything. You have this recovery tool, can you send me this file?

• I dont have such a tool, only the Recovery Tool included in the driver.

• Okay, thanks. The nightmare still continue...

• Thank you very much, could you tell me where I can find the WQR 1.0.0.3 driver file only? Thanks again. Greetings

• Maurice, do you know if this is covered under RMA for podium where the warranty ran out? Just did the firmware update 2 nights ago and got the WQR error. Created a support ticket and just waiting for a response :(

• You cant. It is not available separately ut is only included in the driver itself.

• Hello,

a short question about the Podium Hub with the CS Magnetic Paddle Module. (without Button Clusters)

In the driver UI it shows the Podium Hub with 2 Button Cluster, but no CS Magnetic Paddle Module.

Can someone confirm, this as a „normal“ behaviour from driver 455 and its firmware?

Many regards Michael

• did you get it rma and is it covered for free? Are you out of warranty? I’m in the same boat but no warranty left. Waiting for support to respond

• edited January 17

Hello, while I was playing a game in 454 driver my dd1 base suddenly stopped working and in the wheel it was stated that it needed a new firmware for the wheel and that the current was not supported. The base is not recognised by the fanatec app and it cannot be powered off. I upgraded it to 455 driver but everything stays the same. Before it stopped working I was also doing an update in my nvidia card, if this somehow helps.. Any thoughts Maurice ?? Thanks in advance

UPDATE: I tried reinstalling the usb route but nothing changed. In the end I just unplugged the power supply and plug it back in and the base closed, then i opened it and luckily everything seems to work fine. However what is your opinion on this??

• Hi

When updating the base firmware should i remove the wheel before i update or doesn´t it matter

Best regards

JMP

• Gökhan OgulGökhan Ogul Member
    edited January 18

Have a connection problem with the CS DD and Formula Wheel F1 ESports V2.

if I start the base the wheel was not recognized but if I pull out (with enough distance) and plug in the wheel , the wheel appear and works fine until power off the base.

Installed latest Drivers on the Base, WQR and Wheel, and firmware manager says everything is up to date.

Wheel Base     : ClubSport DD Wheel Base firmware 2.0.1.4 in High Torque mode

Wheel Base Rim   : Clubsport Steering Wheel F1 Esports V2 Firmware: 5

Wheel Base Pedal  : ClubSport Pedals V3 N/A Latest though

Wireless QR 1.0.0.3

PC Driver 455

Fanalab version: 2.01.21

• edited January 18

Hi,

Quite stuck first time installing any Fanated (and no other brand either) will run only on PS5 but understood I still need to update drivers so I found a computer somewhere .... (on windows 7 pro 64 bits)

And impossible to even install the pack as mid install it stops and un-install....

Anyone would have an advice ?

thanks a lot

Seb

Edit config will be :

GT DD PRO / V3 pedals / F1 2023 wheel + Clubsport RS wheel / Shifter

• The drivers wont work on Win 7 - youll need Win 10 minimum

• edited January 18

eek thanks a lot and this explains but ... basically telling me to buy a computer with a windows license just to install drivers this kills me a bit :/

Guess there is still no way to make it on a MAC either ? (maybe boocamp ok trying my luck?)

• Mac is only supported on old Intel based Macs, not on Apple Silicon M chips.

• I did this on my old base. Bootcamp on a MacBook pro with Intel processor

• Thank you folks, I could do that and install on the old Intel Mac Pro of my wife (not sure she will be happy with this xD)

Thanks for the help

• 2 days ago i was playing ETS2 and all the sudden my wheel works to steer but the buttons and screen did not work anymore

This is on a CSL DD with CSL Universal Hub V2 and Fanatec Alcatara Wheel, i got this for maybe 2 months everything works perfectly before never had issue's but now i got a huge one, i can't even spent time in my sim rig that costed me a nice sum of money :P

Also when go to drivers and check the manuele update, and do a Steering Wheel Firmware Recovery it fails not matter what i do, disconnect the wheel or connect, different drivers all the way from 402 to 455 and nothing seems to fix it, may i add i also did a fresh windows 11 install because i thought i had a corrupt windows, but clearly not.

And i really need my wheel since it is kinda of my real life job XD as a content creator and this pays my bills, but without it i can't do much.

I tried to contact Fanatec but it's already day 2 and no reply.

i will put my logs here.

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited January 19

Have a read of my posts in this Forum, suspect the shaft slipping out slightly from the Motors shaft, loosen clamp and unplug wheel side shaft and then reinsert and re-clamp. Instructions on YT or Fanatec sites on how to do it properly.

• edited January 19

I have checked out my shaft... well i mean from the Fanatec base and it was indeed about half a centimeter from the other part.

Got a key untighten it push it back retighten it, connect the wheel and BAM calibrating now.

• Hi guys, I have now received my QR2 and wanted to update the firmware of my DD2 with PWH and PBME at the same time. At the moment I'm still on driver v429 (Wheel Base 689 / Wheel Base Motor 41 / Wireless Quick Release 6).

In addition to the PBME (FW 18), I also use an F1V2LE (FW 41).

What do you recommend, this version 455 or better the 451, according to the comments the 451 seemed to be relatively stable. Is there anything special to consider as my current firmware is a little bit older.

• Getting this error trying to install in W7. Any chance to make it work?

Call: 1/19/2024 21:41:12 Build: Nov 29 2023 16:53:27 V455_rev2

=> FanatecSetupCustomAction::_tWinMain -install C:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\ TRUE

>>> Install Start

> FanatecDriverPackageInstall

< FilterUsbInstallFilterUsbInstall InfFileName: C:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\FWFilterUsbInstall.inf

> FunctionDriver::InstallOnRoot Fanatec Filter

SetupApiDeviceInfoSet::CurrentInstanceDeviceNodeCreate ROOT\FWFILTER_VIRTUAL_HARDWARE_ID

> FunctionDriver::Install C:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\FWFilterUsbInstall.inf

< FunctionDriver::Install Needs reboot:0

< FunctionDriver::InstallOnRoot

> FanatecDriver::UsbWheelFilterSet

SetupApiDeviceInfoSet::Create SetupDiGetClassDevs failed 0x0000000d

FanatecDriver::LowerFilterSet failed! DeviceInfoSet.Create

FanatecDriver::UsbWheelFilterSet LowerFilterSet failed! USB\Vid_0eb7&pid_0197

FilterUsbInstall FanatecDriver::UsbWheelFilterSet failed!

> FanatecDriverPackageUninstall

FanatecDriver::PrivateIsDeviceInUse failed! DeviceInfoSet.Create

SetupApiDeviceEnumerator::EnumerateNextByHardwareId USB\VID_0EB7&PID_0004 FOUND!

SetupApiDeviceInfoSet::IsCurrentInstanceDeviceDisabled isPhantom = true! (cr = CR_NO_SUCH_DEVINST / CR_NO_SUCH_VALUE)

SetupApiDeviceEnumerator::EnumerateNextByHardwareId USB\VID_0EB7&PID_0004 FOUND!

SetupApiDeviceInfoSet::IsCurrentInstanceDeviceDisabled isPhantom = true! (cr = CR_NO_SUCH_DEVINST / CR_NO_SUCH_VALUE)

SetupApiDeviceEnumerator::EnumerateNextByHardwareId USB\VID_0EB7&PID_0020 FOUND!

SetupApiDeviceEnumerator::EnumerateNextByHardwareId USB\VID_0EB7&PID_0020 FOUND!

> FanatecDriver::MultiDeviceStateChange

FanatecDriver::DeviceStateChange failed! DeviceInfoSet.Create

FanatecDriver::MultiDeviceStateChange DeviceStateChange failed! USB\Vid_0eb7&pid_0197

> ActionServiceUninstall FWSrvc

ServiceManager::ServiceOpen OpenService failed! 1060 Service does not exist.

ActionServiceUninstall: ServiceEnableAccess failed on FWSrvc!

> ActionServiceUninstall FWPnpService

ActionServiceUninstall: ServiceEnableAccess failed on FWPnpService!

FilterUsbUninstall ActionServiceUninstall failed!

> VirtualDevicesUninstall > FunctionDriver::Uninstall ROOT\FW_VMOUSE_HWID

< FunctionDriver::Uninstall

> InfFile::OemRemove FWVirtualInputDevice.inf

< InfFile::OemRemove FWVirtualInputDevice.inf

> ActionServiceUninstall FWVirtualInputDevice

ActionServiceUninstall: ServiceEnableAccess failed on FWVirtualInputDevice!

VirtualDevicesUninstall ActionServiceUninstall failed!

< VirtualDevicesUninstall > FilterUsbUninstall > FanatecDriver::UsbWheelFilterSet

FanatecDriver::UsbWheelFilterSet LowerFilterSet failed! USB\Vid_0eb7&pid_0197

FilterUsbUninstall FanatecDriver::UsbWheelFilterSet failed!

> FanatecDriver::UsbWheelPeripheralFilterSet

FanatecDriver::UsbWheelPeripheralFilterSet LowerFilterSet failed! USB\Vid_0eb7&pid_183b

FilterUsbInstall FanatecDriver::UsbWheelPeripheralFilterSet failed!

> InfFile::OemRemove mchpcdc.inf

< InfFile::OemRemove mchpcdc.inf

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_0197

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_0011

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_038E

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_0001

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_0002

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_0E03

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_0003

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_0004

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_0005

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_0006

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_0007

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_0020

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_183B

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_6204

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_6205

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_6206

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_1839

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_1A95

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_1A92

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM VID_0EB7&PID_1A93

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GameInput\Devices 0EB7019700010004

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GameInput\Devices 0EB7038E00010004

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GameInput\Devices 0EB7000400010004

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GameInput\Devices 0EB70E0300010004

UtilRegistry::KeyDelete RegOpenKeyEx failed! (0x00000002) SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GameInput\Devices 0EB7000500010004

FanatecDriver::WheelRegSettingsAccessGrantToEveryone RegOpenKeyEx failed! 183

> FanatecDriver::MultiDeviceStateChange

FanatecDriver::DeviceStateChange failed! DeviceInfoSet.Create

FanatecDriver::MultiDeviceStateChange DeviceStateChange failed! USB\Vid_0eb7&pid_0197

< FanatecDriverPackageUninstall

This discussion has been closed.