A Hymn to Simracing

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
At the Simracing Expo 2015 we had the rare chance to meet several members of Team Redline at one place. We took the chance to make an interview. Enjoy.

Comments

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited October 2015
    I would love to earn a living in sim racing!

Ohh... By the way, I know the answer to the Facebook comp but don't have a Facebook account, you should totally open that up to the forum members too ;)

I think I'll attend the next sim racing expo, it looks like it's a really relaxed atmosphere, unlike comicon which is/was absolutely full on mental this year :D
  • I would love to earn a living in sim racing!

Ohh... By the way, I know the answer to the Facebook comp but don't have a Facebook account, you should totally open that up to the forum members too ;)

I think I'll attend the next sim racing expo, it looks like it's a really relaxed atmosphere, unlike comicon which is/was absolutely full on mental this year :D
    Making a living from sim racing is the best life i've experienced, probably not the same thing you meant Natalie, but i'm still very grateful ;)

If you give me the answer, I will post it and we can split it 50/50 :P

Great video guys, love the things you do, Fanatec!
    Yea, I mean it must be nice to earn enough to live off, simply by reviewing, competing or interviewing (shows like vvv isr etc) as I only get a few hours a day (4) to really enjoy my hobby (as I have a career and a family to maintain too)

With more time, I'd love to do what isr / vvv do etc as it must be really rewarding, but incredibly difficult to start up.

I may be very interested in setting up a video show if I could attract a big enough audience :)

What/how do you earn a living in sim racing :)
  • I'm interested to hear what you have in mind for the video show. Sounds like it could be fun! <:-P 

It's probably not what you'd typically think of as making a living on sim racing, but I'm a track artist at Turn 10 :)
    edited November 2015
    That sounds like earning a living in sim racing to me, that's got to be great fun working at/with T10? Forza 6 has some great looking environments, they have a real solidity to them, and feel... alive!

If I get let loose on the sim community, I can only assure you of one thing... it would be FUN..... a lot of FUN <:-P

I think there's room for something a little more "current/fresh/positive" within the sim racing community, that's why I love this forum in particular, it's one of the best communities on the web, but we are lacking in a few areas.

However, I'm thoroughly enjoying working with the team at Fanatec (on hardware/software testing) so who knows what's next. I'll send Thomas a few ideas when things slow down at work, as I've just recently been promoted and am also updating my 6Sigma so it's absolutely crazy right now :)
  • This is a bit off topic, but does anyone know what display units will plug directly into the V3 data port?  Looking for one that will display rev lights, gear selection, and speed.
  • You mean the V2 base ?