Fanatec Debuts Official Forza Motorsport Racing Wheel for Xbox One

1121314151618»

Comments

• I hope they're not discriminating against Trevors.
  • No electronics company in the world sends you a new item immediately. If I were you I'd be glad to be able to do the repairs for myself. If you have to send it in for repair it'll be at least 10 days out.
    And no I don't justify you've had so much broken parts to begin with !
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Finally got my V2 back yesterday and I can tell you I wish I was able to do those repairs after being 3 weeks without. Working great so far btw ;)

• edited November 2015
    No electronics company in the world sends you a new item immediately. If I were you I'd be glad to be able to do the repairs for myself. If you have to send it in for repair it'll be at least 10 days out.
    And no I don't justify you've had so much broken parts to begin with !
    Well, that's not entirely true.  I had an Xbox 360 die a few weeks after owning it and they shipped me a new one before I returned the old one.

As it relates to doing the repairs - I'm fine doing them myself, however, I don't think I should have to when I've had two major failures within the first five days of owning the product.

It's my opinion that a company should be very quick to resolve issues when a product malfunctions within the first few days of ownership.  After the pcba board failed on day five of ownership, I would have expected Fanatec to: 1) Apologize for the inconvenience 2) Offer to overnight a new wheelbase - charge me for it and refund the charge once they receive the damaged product.3) respond to emails.

Fanatec's customer service has failed on all marks in my opinion.

Lastly, Fanatec never responded to my inquiry about what would happen to the warranty if I screwed up the repair.  When I called them this morning to get an update on the status of my outstanding issue - I was told they would respond to me via email.  When they did respond I got the following:  

Hi Trevor,

please be so kind to send
    back to our address the defect CSW B V2 for repair.

Please use the original
    packaging for the return shipment to avoid damages. Ship it with the cheapest
    method (don´t use “signature upon delivery”).

We will refund you the
    shipping cost in any regular warranty case. Therefore please send us the
    shipping receipt by e-mail.

Shipments without freight
    prepaid will not be accepted.

Please update your current
    address information if you have moved.

Please mention the RM---------- on the address sticker. Please be sure that you mention on the package the RM
    Number. If not we cannot make the repair immediately.

Here is the address:

Fanatec Service Center

When we received the return
    shipment our technical support will repair the good asap and send it back to
    you.

Mit
    freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards,

In my business, if something goes wrong, I try to do everything I can to correct the problem and restore confidence as soon as possible.  I believe Fanatec and I do not have the same appreciation for our clients.

The bottom line is that Fanatec has had my money since October 21, 2015.  I've had a working product for about 1.5 days since that time.  It appears that I will not have a working product for at least two more weeks and Fanatec doesn't care one bit.

• Hey Sh## happens I've had problems with my Gt2 wheel in the past & actually I thought fanatec did as best they could to sort it out. You have to understand that this is cutting edge hardware working with software that change's constantly so there will be problematic from time to time but when everything is working properly you feel like a god. Nothing wrong with that feeling!
  • I'm working in motorsport & u wouldn't believe the problems that can happen with this stuff & trust me a team putting a car on the track not working properly happens a lot & they are spending fortunes
  • Hey Sh## happens I've had problems with my Gt2 wheel in the past & actually I thought fanatec did as best they could to sort it out. You have to understand that this is cutting edge hardware working with software that change's constantly so there will be problematic from time to time but when everything is working properly you feel like a god. Nothing wrong with that feeling!
    I understand that things can and do go wrong, however, Fanatec shouldn't get a pass because their product is "cutting edge."  It's how a company handles things when things do go wrong that defines a company.  I wouldn't have made a single post if Fanatec had simply communicated with me.  I had to follow-up with Fanatec each time - not once did they say, "We're sorry we sold you a defective product and we will do our best to remedy the situation."  Perhaps my expectations are too high, but when I spend a $1000 on a toy, I want it to work.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited November 2015
    I feel your pain Trevor.

I would like to say, that once you get a dialog going, Fanatec will sort you out. I understand that it's a real pain having to wait, send things back and be without your product, I think that's a normal and natural expression to the issue you experienced.

What I will say, is that the team are great, Johannes for example, Is the person who has done all of my repairs and really is fantastic! He has a fast turnaround (with very high standards) and he will do more than just fix the issue at hand (check, clean, test, update etc)

Fanatec will arrange and pay for shipping both ways, and they will try to get the product back in your hands as fast as possible to the highest standard possible.

I know it's not a huge consolation, but the greatest thing about Fanatec support is that they don't really mess about to often. If it's clear you have a hardware issue, it's picked up, fixed, returned asap. That's why it's best to take photos, videos, examples etc before logging the first ticket, that way the team will just check all the info and very likely just issue an RMA right away (no need for them to check anything as the evidence is clear, speeding up the process) :)

In the mean time, we're all here and happy to listen, as I'm sure every one of us has had to do without out kit at one time or another, and it's an awful feeling not being able to just jump in and drive your favourite game.

Hang in there, because it really is worth it in the end... I promise :)

• Here here, have waited along time for a wheel for Xbox one! Yeah I know what it feels like having spent the money & it not working! But as said it's worth it in the end ✌️ & I'm sure & hope you're problem will be sorted ASAP so that you can enjoy it!
  • Okay I have the full kit, CS V2 base, Xbox One hub adapter, CS v3 pedals and for the life of me I can't get the damn thing to center correctly.  using the key combo in the manual doesn't work. The video they refer you to doesn't work since the wheel doesn't have two joysticks.

How do I do it?

• See the activity tab Eric, I replied there to you.
  • I noticed that all Xbox One steering wheels are no longer in stock (every single one) and they all have a pre-order date of 0000-00-00.  Could there be quality control issues happening with all these wheels?
  • Nope, Fanatec is just a small company and don't have a production line to make huge stocks. At the moment the CSL P1 has first priority I guess.
  • Love this rim and the Xbox hub. There is no better way to experience Forza!!!