New Generation

Comments

• Don't count on a 360 compatibility...last gen..no new wheels.
  • Don't count on a 360 compatibility...last gen..no new wheels.
    Yes correct, no 360 compatibility. By "all three" I meant Xbox One, PS3 and PS4. Sorry for any hope and confusion I may of caused.
  • sorry for offtopic - ok, im only now deciding wether to get a PS4 or Xbox One. Driveclub PS4 doesnt support Fanatec Wheels, so I guess the PS4 is out.
    Im a Casual Racer only, playing Grid Series, Dirt and so on. So far on an XBOX360 with a CSR Wheel and Clubsports v1.

Which games fitting my profile are supporting Fanatec Wheels on PS4 and Xbox ? So far ive seen "The Crew" PS4 and Forza 6 Xbox one ?

Is Xbox One Fanatec Support for all Games supporting Wheels or as on PS4  - it depends on each Game Developer individually ?

Cause when deciding id like to choose the System with the more Games, hope its that easy. I have the Wheel currently attached to a Next Level Wheel Stand and I dont see myself Switching Wheels on that every so many hours.

Thx for your input on this!

Chris
  • sorry for offtopic - ok, im only now deciding wether to get a PS4 or Xbox One. Driveclub PS4 doesnt support Fanatec Wheels, so I guess the PS4 is out.
    Im a Casual Racer only, playing Grid Series, Dirt and so on. So far on an XBOX360 with a CSR Wheel and Clubsports v1.

Which games fitting my profile are supporting Fanatec Wheels on PS4 and Xbox ? So far ive seen "The Crew" PS4 and Forza 6 Xbox one ?

Is Xbox One Fanatec Support for all Games supporting Wheels or as on PS4  - it depends on each Game Developer individually ?

Cause when deciding id like to choose the System with the more Games, hope its that easy. I have the Wheel currently attached to a Next Level Wheel Stand and I dont see myself Switching Wheels on that every so many hours.

Chris
    Xbox is the way to go if you want 100% compatibility. MS has that as a policy. Sony has the "it's up to devs to decide" policy. You'll need a CSWv1 or v2 base and a Xbox One hub and rim. Unless the news today is a Xbox One rim or wheel. So wait just a few hours and maybe you'll have more choices.
  • ok thank you very much. After (and while) alot of head scratching, start to wonder if a PC would be even an option.
    All Wheels work with PCs ....
  • ok thank you very much. After (and while) alot of head scratching, start to wonder if a PC would be even an option.
    All Wheels work with PCs ....
    If you go PC then compatibility isn't much of a problem. You'll get much better physics etc from the games on PC. But they are more serious also. I have Xbox One and PC. And I bought a used PS4. I only sim on the X1 and PC. PS4 is for MLB game only. Buying used saved me serious $$. Ask as many questions as you like on this site. Everyone is very friendly. But to follow the rules please use the "activity" option on the top of the page. You can post anything there. And it doesn't take a thread off topic. Good luck.
  • Steve FarrellSteve Farrell Member
    edited November 2015
    You say its already in stock in USA and EU but I don't see it in the online store. Nor have you given any info on what it is or how much it is.
    He said its in stock and will be available next week. Meaning you won't need to wait on a pre order.
    If its anything like Fanatecs previous Logistics it will be sold out within an hour or two because they never get in enough stock to cover demand so I will be pre ordering the wheel by the time I get to order it.

• You say its already in stock in USA and EU but I don't see it in the online store. Nor have you given any info on what it is or how much it is.
    He said its in stock and will be available next week. Meaning you won't need to wait on a pre order.
    If its anything like Fanatecs previous Logistics it will be sold out within an hour or two because they never get in enough stock to cover demand so I will be pre ordering the wheel by the time I get to order it.

That sounds like a personal problem dude. I'm waiting up for the info. :)>-

Chris
    PC would be a good choice as you can subscribe to iRacing and RFactor. Both are great on-line syms with international following. Also available for download is Project Cars. It has mixed reviews, but worth checking out. As for the Xbone, the Forza franchise has FM5, FM6 and Horizon 2. And also available on disc is Project Cars. I have my v3 pedals plugged into the V2 base with Xbox One Universal Hub. Plug the usb from my V2 base into the pc and run iRacing. When I want to play on a forza game, I plug the usb cable into the Xbone console. Switch over in about 2 minutes. Easy peasy and lots of flexibility. I can't comment on PS4 as I do not have that console.
  • Thank you Trevor, just realized, V2Base with Hub and Wheel or PC with enough Power is too much Cash for my random Game Sessions. Also im not into Sim Racing. Games like Grid, Dirt, Driveclub or Forza are my thing id say.

So I can image this new Wheel would be for me. Hope Codemasters hurries up coding for Xbox One...

• :-w
    You know Thomas is loving this. He'll take his sweet time. Lol
  • This will be interesting :)
  • So...this is from a new series called CSL, that's going to compete with ThrustMaster in their price range. Not sure I like this wheel though....it looks kinda cheap (that seems to be some sort of rubberized foam on the rim, fixed shifter paddles) and being a 30 cm diameter...hmm...not sure. I'll wait for a review on how Forza 6 feels with this one.
  • well for 149 EUR , im not complaining
  • edited November 2015

• edited November 2015
    I can tell ya that it's a real good quality rim. FFB feels even a little better because of the light weight AND attacheted to the CSW V1, 1.5 or 2 base. The rubber is hard and solid, no complaints in feel. I can recommend it to EVERYBODY. ;)
  • How come you have one already ?
  • I can tell ya that it's a real good quality rim. FFB feels even a little better because of the light weight AND attacheted to the CSW V1, 1.5 or 2 base. The rubber is hard and solid, no complaints in feel. I can recommend it to EVERYBODY. ;)
    I just wonder if it also works on the CSR elite base ?
    No it doesn't. Product page emphasizes that so people don't try it.
  • edited November 2015
    I saw it too late Chris...edited just too late and you saw it...lol
  • I feel like being a rebel this morning so I'm going off topic.

Any news on the cell phone holders for the Uni-hub? Or what about the colored grips for the formula rims? I'm highly interested in both items.
  • Antoine, I didnt - check my pm :-)
  • Where did you see a glimps of the colored Formula grips Chris ? And you...of ALL people should know...Fanatec lips are sealed...lol.
    I must say I do respect Thomas' decision to build up stock first before announcing the CSL and everybody had to wait out when it was for sale, like the V2 base and X1 hub.
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited November 2015
    Where did you see a glimps of the colored Formula grips Chris ? And you...of ALL people should know...Fanatec lips are sealed...lol.
    I must say I do respect Thomas' decision to build up stock first before announcing the CSL and everybody had to wait out when it was for sale, like the V2 base and X1 hub.
    Thomas mentioned them when the Formula Carbon was announced. I'm of the thinking that both are on the chopping block.

Yes, I like this much better too. If you want it get to the web store, order it and bam you're racing in no time!
  • I think this is the right way to go...customer list is growing fast if I see all welcome posts on the activity page. So people come to the blogs often enough to check. No need to make us suffer anymore. ;)

Chris...for pm do I need send it to your admin account or the above....cause I'm a little confused over that by now!!
  • Hmmm... I might go for this one actually. Just not sure wether or not to order one right away or wait for Black Friday. Maybe Thomas has some nice deals with the Hub planned for then. Hmm... Any hints Thomas? I might go Hub + something else if the package deal is nice :)

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    looks nice but I am happy I picked up the Hub (allowing me to swap whatever rim I feel like having). This is a great option for those looking into getting a setup with a lower cost.
  • Too bad this isn't the standalone GT2 replacement that was hinted at months ago.  Sadly a V2 combo at  ~$800 US w/shipping is still too much.  I was hoping to be able to swap 360/Xbox One wheels with my Clubsport V2 pedals and CS shifter, but can't wait any longer.  Most of my Forza racing leagues have migrated to Xbox One....I can't wait any longer and will pull the trigger on the Logitech G920 instead.
  • edited November 2015
    So...this is from a new series called CSL, that's going to compete with ThrustMaster in their price range. Not sure I like this wheel though....it looks kinda cheap (that seems to be some sort of rubberized foam on the rim, fixed shifter paddles) and being a 30 cm diameter...hmm...not sure. I'll wait for a review on how Forza 6 feels with this one.
    It may not look that hot, but it's a great rim. Lightweight, sturdy, good grip. Despite the 'simple' looks it feels like a quality product, I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a lightweight rim.