Fanatec releases CSL Wheel P1 steering wheel for Xbox One

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited February 2016 in Blog

Landshut, 17.11.2015 – Fanatec announced today the newest official racing wheel for Xbox One: “CSL P1 Steering Wheel for Xbox One.”

This is the first component of the new CSL series which is positioned below the very popular Clubsport Series.
This steering wheel is an add-on for your existing ClubSport V2 base or the upcoming CSL base. As soon as you connect this steering wheel to your base the whole system with attached peripherals like shifters, pedals or handbrake will become an Xbox One peripheral.
The diameter of 30 cm makes it more compact than other ClubSport steering wheels and the low weight of 1170 g makes it spin and react very fast.
The most unique feature is the combination of the center stripe and the shift light. A multicolor LED  illuminates the center stripe so you always see the middle of the wheel rim as well as the revs of your engine.
The TUNING LED display is also integrated on top of the rim and enables you to see telemetry data right in front of your eyes.
The spokes of the P1 steering wheel are made of brushed aluminum and match the solid feel of the metal shifter paddles.
A new quick release system will mount the wheel with strong forces to the wheel base hence allows a quick change of the steering wheel.
The CSL P1 Steering Wheel for Xbox One will be is available from now on at www.Fanatec.com with immediate delivery in several countries and at a price of 149,95 € (EU) or 139,95 USD (US) which makes it the most affordable steering wheel option from Fanatec.

EUR USD AUD YEN
Black Friday Bundle (+CSW B V2) 799,95 649,95 1069,9 92400
CSL P1 Steering Wheel 149,95 139,95 249,9 19900

Comments

• More info on Black Friday bundle?
  • Is there an ETA on the CSL Base?
  • Is there an ETA on the CSL Base?
    I second that!
  • I can tell ya that it's a real good quality rim. FFB feels even a little better because of the light weight AND attacheted to the CSW V1, 1.5 or 2 base. The rubber is hard and solid, no complaints in feel. I can recommend it to EVERYBODY.
    Now all we need is for SMS, T10 and all other racing game devs to support/patch the gear to show in display on X1 !!!

Don't ask for ETA in to come products...Fanatec/Thomas' lips are sealed...only hinting...like in the past with the V2 base X1 and PS4 compatibility, the V3 pedals, the X1 hub etc. Just come to the blog topic page regularly...that's all I can recommend !

• I don't think this is a good news to everyone. Many customers bought a Universal HUB to be compatible with the XboxOne. Now they could have a wheel only for less money. It doesn't matter to me personally. With the Universal HUB I have the free choice between PC, PS4 and XboxOne and i love it.

But what is the CSL base? Is it a product over the V2 base or lower? ;)

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
     Don't ask for ETA in to come products...Fanatec/Thomas' lips are sealed...only hinting...like in the past with the V2 base X1 and PS4 compatibility, the V3 pedals, the X1 hub etc. Just come to the blog topic page regularly...that's all I can recommend !
    I could not have said it better
    =D>
  • Thnx Thomas. ;)
  • Then don't get upset about losing a customer due to lack of communication also. It goes both ways. Just sayin

• I don't think this is a good news to everyone. Many customers bought a Universal HUB to be compatible with the XboxOne. Now they could have a wheel only for less money. It doesn't matter to me personally. With the Universal HUB I have the free choice between PC, PS4 and XboxOne and i love it.

Well, it's a matter of choice Oliver...I did also buy the X1 hub although I didn't liked it...BUT I wanted to use the V2 base asap on my X1...so I took it the way it came. I didn't wanna wait for another solution. And I'm happy for the new customers they have a cheaper and IMO better looking solution to race on X1. And ofcourse pc/PS4 and PS3.

If we announce something to early we are accused of hyping something. In worst case we have to delay the launch for some time and people freak out completely.

This is why we decided some time ago that we will simply finish our developments and announce it not before the first products are on the way to the warehouse.

We give small hints so people know what to expect in the future and looking back at the past products we released I did not have the impression that people were underwhelmed with what we came up with.
    :)

This rim is Xbox One, PC , PS3 and PS4 compatible also. Seriously people read the product page.
  • edited November 2015
    Beside ETA, Price would be nice to know and features or lack of. As for me , half price of CSW v2 would be a big  reason to wait.
    I bought the CSL P1 minutes after the Website came back up and im just wondering if the wait would be worth it. Cause i have nothing to use on my Xbox one so far..

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited November 2015
    Great little product, it's going to fit right in the impulse buy / affordable price range.
    If you own a UHBX then clearly you don't need this, but for those V1 /1.5 /2.0 owners who were on the fence, and want a full simulation setup up that is compatible with their XBO/PS3/PS4/PC... well you really can't do better than this.

A thrustmaster or Logitech wheel will cost you more, and are not multi plat ;)
    And for the price, this rim will turn you base, your pedals, your handbrake, your shifter ALL into next gen compatible devices! You can't ask fairer than that folks ;)

I can also attest that for the money, it's not a bad bit of kit at all, it's a fast, lightweight responsive little rim, really looking forward to seeing more of you on the consoles so we can finish out community events ;)
  • Don't ask for ETA in to come products...Fanatec/Thomas' lips are sealed...only hinting...like in the past with the V2 base X1 and PS4 compatibility, the V3 pedals, the X1 hub etc. Just come to the blog topic page regularly...that's all I can recommend !
    If you won't give an ETA (the E stands for ESTIMATE, by the way, not EXACT) then you may want to rethink including "upcoming CSL Base" in your release.  If you can't give a rough idea such as "Q2 2016" or "before Christmas" then please, don't bother with the tease.  Some of us need to purchase as gifts before the holidays.  I was on the fence, but your response will likely send me to Amazon to order the G920.  You have great products, but your marketing strategy (or lack thereof) is frustrating to loyal customers.
  • If we announce something to early we are accused of hyping something. In worst case we have to delay the launch for some time and people freak out completely.

This is why we decided some time ago that we will simply finish our developments and announce it not before the first products are on the way to the warehouse.

We give small hints so people know what to expect in the future and looking back at the past products we released I did not have the impression that people were underwhelmed with what we came up with.
    When I saw this rim / wheel earlier I got completely dissheartened that it was just a rim and thought I would have to buy a Thrustmaster wheel. Now that I know the CSL base is coming I* am happy and I am happy to wait some more for it. I will buy this rim in the time being though. Its a really nice looking wheel rim. Just please I beg do make it a reasonable price. I don't care if its near the €300 mark.
  • edited November 2015
    Christophe and others....don't bother....this is the only hint we get. We know that it's coming....but not when, how it will look, feel, cost etc.
    All I can imagine...Fanatec wants to be competitive to TM and LT...so that has to be at a compative price range. BUT you could also be looking at 3, 6, 8 months or more waiting. Pure speculation !!
    I can't and don't wanna look in your wallet...but if you can spend the money....take the black Friday deal man !

• But what is the CSL base? Is it a product over the V2 base or lower? ;)

If you read the blog you would have read its a lower model to the CSW.

• This rim is Xbox One, PC , PS3 and PS4 compatible also. Seriously people read the product page.
    I just read the product page and to make it PC and Playstation compatible you need the universal HUB. This from the product page

If you connect the Universal Hub for Xbox One, the above mentioned wheel bases will be compatible to Xbox One.

PC and Playstation: The specifications of the compatible wheel bases will remain unchanged.
  • Oppertunity
    If you won't give an ETA (the E stands for ESTIMATE, by the way, not EXACT) then you may want to rethink including "upcoming CSL Base" in your release.  If you can't give a rough idea such as "Q2 2016" or "before Christmas" then please, don't bother with the tease.  Some of us need to purchase as gifts before the holidays.  I was on the fence, but your response will likely send me to Amazon to order the G920.  You have great products, but your marketing strategy (or lack thereof) is frustrating to loyal customers.

Just read trough the past blog topics about the V2 base, the X1 and PS4 compatibility etc etc...this is how Thomas likes to tease !!! As frustrating as it is...believe me when I say been there, done that !!! With the X1 announcement. All I can say is...NOTHING anyone says will encourage Fanatec to let us know more !
    Looking at the past product teases and up for sale...don't count on a CSL base for X-mas sale !!
  • If we announce something to early we are accused of hyping something. In worst case we have to delay the launch for some time and people freak out completely.

YEAH, we did freak out when the V2 base was delayed for a couple a months... LOL
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester

This rim is Xbox One, PC , PS3 and PS4 compatible also. Seriously people read the product page.
    I just read the product page and to make it PC and Playstation compatible you need the universal HUB. This from the product page

If you connect the Universal Hub for Xbox One, the above mentioned wheel bases will be compatible to Xbox One.

PC and Playstation: The specifications of the compatible wheel bases will remain unchanged.

pretty sure they need to just remove/ammend that "platforms" section, but the rest of the page states that the rim, turns compatible bases into XBO bases ;)
  • edited November 2015
    Quote:

Wheel rims: Please download the manual to see the information about the compatible 6 hole or 3 hole patterns. Many wheel rims from SPARCO, MOMO, OMP and others will be compatible but you need to make sure with the manufacturer of the rim you want to use.

Platforms:
    Xbox One: If you connect the Universal Hub for Xbox One, the above mentioned wheel bases will be compatible to Xbox One.

This one is either copy pasted from the X1 Hub page OR the X1 hub page was altered to become the CSL P1 page, but they forgot to delete it. LOL

Thomas....  :D

Like the X1 hub, this wheel contains the MS chip, and therefor the CSW bases and the upcoming CSL base will be X1 compatible
    There is an error in the description. We will change that tomorrow
  • I love the new project very excited thanks 
    ;)
  • I just ordered one for two day shipping. I am glad i hurried up and waited because i was disheartened with the universal hub for x box one and wanted a plug and play option so instead i got the bmw gt wheel and have been playing pcars on ps4 while patiently awaiting this option. Hopefully i will have it by weeks end as it says in stock and i ordered it two day shipping. I can't wait to play forza and my xbox one racers with this wheel and the v2 base. Thanks thomas
  • Gavin ThomasGavin Thomas Member
    edited November 2015
    Anyone know here if this rim is actually cover in leather or is it a leather effect plastic? Pictures don't show any stitching and the description just states "Wheel rim with comfortable surface and maximum grip"

Really want to order this right now, but if it's a plastic effect rather than leather I can think of nothing worse to be holding and won't be spending my money on it.
  • Robert KingRobert King Member
    edited November 2015
    There is an error in the description. We will change that tomorrow
    You should also fix your english Quick Guide as right at the beginning you refer to your company as "Fatatec".

• Thanks Thomas & Fanatec. Just the product I've been waiting for since I got my V2 base.
    And an affordable price too :) Well, as long as you're converting into Euros as I see the Euro is collapsing even more now!

BTW, can anyone confirm that it's only PS4 compatible when used with the universal wheel hub?
  • Thanks Thomas & Fanatec. Just the product I've been waiting for since I got my V2 base.
    And an affordable price too :) Well, as long as you're converting into Euros as I see the Euro is collapsing even more now!

BTW, can anyone confirm that it's only PS4 compatible when used with the universal wheel hub?
    This is a complete rim. NO uni-hub needed. Thomas stated there are errors on products page description.

Come on people use your heads. This rim has a quick release. How could you even attach it to a hub???

• Well this is what I have been waiting for. Almost nailed it. If there only was an identical wheel with a suede leather rim. Loved the feel of my GT2 in my hands. Oh well, this wheel option seems great swell :)