CSP V3 owners: Betatesters wanted for Brake Performance Kit

Comments

• Hello,
    I would like to enter myself for consideration to be a beta tester for the brake performance kit. I am new to fanatic products so I can give you good insight into how well the assembly and performance of the unit works for someone who has no prior experience with your products. I just placed an order which included the V3 Pedals. 
    Thank You
  • edited November 2015
    I would love to assist Fanatec with the Beta-testing and overall development of the CSP V3 Brake Performance Kit

I feel the CSP V3 BPK (Brake Performance Kit) may make a substantial difference, and improvement, to the CSP V3's braking.

I feel some aspects of the CSP V3 brake are actual inferior to the CSP V2.  Yes, you have a loadcell in the CSP V3 which is capable of much higher amounts of force (use manual calibration in the Fanatec control panel since the auto calibration, at it's highest loadcell strength setting, is still generally weak especially if you wear shoes --- this may have changed thanks to CSP V3 firmware 1v22) but until you get to the loadcell "wall" (where there is hardly, if not any, movement - just pressure) the CSP V3 is quite weak even with the brake's hand-dial set to max.

Until you get to the loadcell "wall", the following issues exist with the CSP V3 (my opinion, of course):
    A. not even close to enough pressure
    B. un-positive feel, with hardly any progressive resistance, with only satisfactory controllability
    C. no ability to adjust pedal travel distance (this is personal preference but there should be a pedal travel adjustment - not just stiffnes/force adjustment - like there is with the CSP V2)

I have received the CSP V3 Damper Kit but haven't installed it yet.  Hopefully it allows more force on the way to the "wall" (issue "A"), and a better feel and increase of force build-up on the way to the "wall" (issue "B").  I don't believe it's capable of affecting Issue "C" (it would be nice if I could have a bit less pedal-travel before hitting the "wall" especially if I can't get the stiffness and overall feel on the way to the "wall" to my liking like is possible through spring, spring pre-load, and damper combinations/adjustments with the CSP V2).

Again, I would love to help Fanatec with beta-testing the BPK.

Thank you,
    Spinelli
    Spot on Spinelli, couldn't have said it better myself. 
    Brake pedal dropping too low even at the highest resistance setting makes heel and toe pretty hard, you have to lift up brakes some in order to reach the gas. I have damper kit as well at highest.
    Will this new kit include metal rod like v2 kit or just stiffer foam.
    I am open to participate in beta program. 

EDIT: For folks complaining about "crunchy" or stuttery feeling in pedal, try to apply some technical vaseline to the PU foam, it really helps.
  • I think we should nominate JS. He never had any problems with anything. So we know his test would be perfect. L-)

Whooooeeeeehahahahhahah You Rebel...
    =)) =))
  • Hi,

falls noch die Möglichkeit besteht, würde ich auch gerne das Brake Performance Kit testen.

Gruß
  • Would love to test 4 you fanatec!
    I have a question though if anyone could answer it for me would be great. I have literally received my v3 peddles today (yippee). I'm running 116 firmware on v2 wheel, do I need to plug into my laptop before using on Xbox 1. I have been using version 1 peddles before now. Have just noticed there's no potentiometer on the brake for the load cell? And how is it adjustable?
    Thanks
  • I'm an engineer working with the worlds leading motorsports transmission manufacturer. Without naming it we were mentioned on top gear. I love fanatec products & think maybe I could have something to offer!
  • Hey Jonathan, just download the full user manual on the V3 product page. There's a new beta driver version also on the V2 base download site. With that driver you can update the V3 pedals to latest beta version. When updating the pedals, be sure they aren't connected to the base when it's powered. Disconnect the power supply, IF you've got them connected to your base. Plug in the usb of the pedals into your laptop and perform the update. In the manual you can read how to fine tune the brake pedal. Enjoy.
  • Thanks Antoine I shall get on & try that first thing in the morning. I'm not on the laptop at moment & can't download manual on my phone. Am looking at buying a gaming pc to go with my new setup am kind of in between. So thanks
  • Well, I'm planning on building one too.
  • Also interested in testing. Have V2 Base, V3 Pedal, BMW wheel.
  • I'm actively working on a review and just finished the unboxing with high resolution photographs which all can be viewed here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVhP0Dk-vtI
    http://imgur.com/a/c2JE4

Certainly would like to throw my hat in the ring.
  • edited November 2015
    I'd be happy to test it out and provide feedback.  
  • CSP V3 can I use from July
    By all means, we want a damper test! !
  • Definitely interested a stiffer, more direct pedal, so I'm in for beta testing these, if you need an extra tester in the US.
  • Gunnar MiesenGunnar Miesen Member
    edited November 2015
    HI, habe seit acht Wochen die CSP V3, Bin Bereit zum testen.
  • edited November 2015

Hi Thomas,

I am a FANATEC customer since a long time, you can see on my purchase history I had 3 different sets of Clubsport pedals and currently use the CSP v3 with dampers kits.
    It would be a privilege to be part of the lucky betatesters.

Best regards.

• Hi Fanatec team,

Happy to help! :)

Ferid
  • Signed for testing.
  • Hallo Thomas,

als langjähriger Kunde und Nutzer aller bisherigen Clubsport Pedale würde ich gern Eure neuen Dämpfer in meinen V3s testen und Euch Rückmeldung geben.

• edited November 2015

Hallo Thomas, if you Need a Powertester, here i am :-), habe CSW V2 und die V3 Pedale, die Hartschaumstoffteile sind kurz vor dem aus, muss eh neue haben, geht dann wohl auf Garantie :-)

http://cloud2000.de/photo/?t=Albums/album_46616e61746563207632#Albums/album_46616e61746563207632

• Hi Thomas

I'd like to test the brake performance kit

Rob

• I've got my new V3's linked it up & updated firmware. Thank you Antoine for your help. Have to report that the sensitivity is very high in the brake peddle. When connected to the pc driver the pressure on factory calibration is light compared to my v1 peddles. That's with the slider on the setting at the bottom. Now I do like my brake quite light anyway. On my version 1 my potentiometer was nearly at the load cell lowest weight. It's feeling ok at that setting so I plug into Xbox and the sensitivity seems to shoot up compared with the driver. Not sure that's possible but feels that way. On my version 1 are not nearly as sensitive & take more weight on the lowest setting than new v3 with a stronger load cell.
  • I've got my new V3's linked it up & updated firmware. Thank you Antoine for your help. Have to report that the sensitivity is very high in the brake peddle. When connected to the pc driver the pressure on factory calibration is light compared to my v1 peddles. That's with the slider on the setting at the bottom. Now I do like my brake quite light anyway. On my version 1 my potentiometer was nearly at the load cell lowest weight. It's feeling ok at that setting so I plug into Xbox and the sensitivity seems to shoot up compared with the driver. Not sure that's possible but feels that way. On my version 1 are not nearly as sensitive & take more weight on the lowest setting than new v3 with a stronger load cell.
    v231 with new firmware definitely fixes this. Load cell is much more resistant now, I had to dial mine down 30%.
  • Davon WebbDavon Webb Member
    edited November 2015
    Hello. I'm from Brazil, I would be happy For the opportunity to test their product, like to simulate with cars that do not use the sitema ABS, the better the brake pedal control, the better for me ..
    As I am a Parent far, I even paid for some extra cost, thanks
  • I'm interested. I also have the dampening kit already to compare :) 
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    It would be good to stay on topic, to make it easier for Thomas when reading through the list.
  • Hello,
    I'm driving almost every days on Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa, and I'm actually in hollydays for 2 month.
    So, I've got a lot of free time to help you in testing this new kit if needed, and I'll be glad to.
    Best regards,
    Arnaud De Lacanau.
  • Good day Thomas, I would be happy to test.
  • I want this brake performance kit! 
    My CSP V3 delivery is scheduled for TUESDAY !!  :)
  • Hello. I will test the new brake materials as I just received my CSPV3 last week. I have CSWV2, XBO hub w/GT wheel, Porsche 918 and Formula wheel. My CSP's have the damper kit as well.
    All my account information is up to date. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.