BLACK FRIDAY: Bundle with CSW B V2 and the new CSL P1 steering wheel

Comments

• Also check your spam folder. Some mails I got from Fanatec ended in there because of the big Endor and Fanatec logos
    Yep correct. Good save by you my friend. I completely forgot
  • Earl OsterEarl Oster Member
    edited November 2015
    Oh man, I can't believe this!!! I ordered the exact "bundle" (CSW B V2 and the CSL P1 Rim) on the 18th (I think the day it was announced) and paid the full price?!?!?!  Any chance of a refund  for the difference or "store credit".  Not my first purchase with Fanatec, loyal customer!!  Hint Hint.
  • Oh man, I can't believe this!!! I ordered the exact "bundle" (CSW B V2 and the CSL P1 Rim) on the 18th (I think the day it was announced) and paid the full price?!?!?!  Any chance of a refund  for the difference or "store credit".  Not my first purchase with Fanatec, loyal customer!!  Hint Hint.
    Email CS. Nothing will get done posting here. Just sayin
  • Oh man, I can't believe this!!! I ordered the exact "bundle" (CSW B V2 and the CSL P1 Rim) on the 18th (I think the day it was announced) and paid the full price?!?!?!  Any chance of a refund  for the difference or "store credit".  Not my first purchase with Fanatec, loyal customer!!  Hint Hint.
    I did, just put on here in case they happen to be monitoring.  =)    Story of my life, something goes on sale right after I buy it.  One of these days I am gonna learn to just wait a little while.  lol
    I did, just put on here in case they happen to be monitoring.  =)    Story of my life, something goes on sale right after I buy it.  One of these days I am gonna learn to just wait a little while.  lol
    Earl,

I did wait so I could get the discount.  If you get the difference refunded I will wish I hadn't waited.  I could be playing with my new setup now if I hadn't waited. Good luck, I hope they refund the difference to you (kind of)...

Chris,

I checked the spam folder for my confirmation e-mail.  It isn't there. Not a big deal, just weird to not get confirmation of such a big purchase.
  • Is there anyone out there who got the bundle deal and have had their order ship? Or is everyone's order still being processed?
  • Is there anyone out there who got the bundle deal and have had their order ship? Or is everyone's order still being processed?
    I ordered the "bundle" just didn't get the "deal" and it came in last Tuesday (I had ordered on the 18th and selected 3 day shipping)
  • Just sold my CSR elite wheel and kept elite pedals to use with this bundle. Pretty awesome timing since I just received my Forza Xbox one bundle last week. Was going to get the Thrustmaster but was happy with my CSR elite so wanted to stick with Fanatec. Maybe next Black Friday the V3 pedals will go on sale so I can upgrade
    just done the same thing, but bought the base with the bmw and formula rim. elite pedals are great.  the base and rims are a thing of beauty once you get them in your hand, the price you payed soon gets forgotten.
  • Thank you Earl, I appreciate the input.

I was hoping to hear from someone in the US that ordered on Black Friday to see if anyone has had their order shipped yet.
  • I would dearly like to jump on this deal as well, but I just cannot be 100% confident that these will be fully supported by the PS4 in the future. GT Sports (and eventually 7) is a big deal and it would be great to know I could use my new wheel but the lack of support from, for example, Evo Studios (Driveclub) is something of a concern. Personally, I cannot see Driveclub patching in Fanatec support when they might well be working of DC2.

It would be good to know that Fanatec are talking to the big players but the lack of news is worrying (and yes, I understand there may be non-disclosure agreements, etc, but I'm sure they could offer reassurance somehow).

The G920 is currently £180 in the UK so I think I will get that to tide me over with FM6, and wait to see what, if any, announcements are made in the future.

I have another 24 hours to decide, so if anyone fancies trying to change my mind then I'm happy to listen. Opinions (good and bad) are always welcome.

• I would dearly like to jump on this deal as well, but I just cannot be 100% confident that these will be fully supported by the PS4 in the future. GT Sports (and eventually 7) is a big deal and it would be great to know I could use my new wheel but the lack of support from, for example, Evo Studios (Driveclub) is something of a concern. Personally, I cannot see Driveclub patching in Fanatec support when they might well be working of DC2.

It would be good to know that Fanatec are talking to the big players but the lack of news is worrying (and yes, I understand there may be non-disclosure agreements, etc, but I'm sure they could offer reassurance somehow).

The G920 is currently £180 in the UK so I think I will get that to tide me over with FM6, and wait to see what, if any, announcements are made in the future.

I have another 24 hours to decide, so if anyone fancies trying to change my mind then I'm happy to listen. Opinions (good and bad) are always welcome.

I replied to this concern so many times it's kinda frustrating. If you go back and look at Thomas's announcement about Xbox 1 he also talks about PS4. But I'll simplify it for ya. Fanatec has made PS4 SDK for all devs to have for FREE. That's huge. Fanatec has included older wheels in the SDK so Fanatec is doing everything they can to insure ps4 support. There is no "official" support like with X1. Sony operates completely opposite of MS. Advantages and disadvantages to both. But the real thing to know is if a PS4 game doesn't support Fanatec it's NOT Fanatecs fault. Period. What more can they do? Free SDK is almost unheard of. The other part of the equation is users demanding Fanatec support.
  • unable to checkout... this is aggravating.

I get a,

This site says...
    Declined; 15005-This transaction cannot be processed

Anyone can help?
    ?!?

• I replied to this concern so many times it's kinda frustrating. If you go back and look at Thomas's announcement about Xbox 1 he also talks about PS4. But I'll simplify it for ya. Fanatec has made PS4 SDK for all devs to have for FREE. That's huge. Fanatec has included older wheels in the SDK so Fanatec is doing everything they can to insure ps4 support. There is no "official" support like with X1. Sony operates completely opposite of MS. Advantages and disadvantages to both. But the real thing to know is if a PS4 game doesn't support Fanatec it's NOT Fanatecs fault. Period. What more can they do? Free SDK is almost unheard of. The other part of the equation is users demanding Fanatec support.

Chris, thanks for your reply but I'll put it even simpler for you-there is nothing for us to celebrate if Fanatec supply the SDK to everyone but they choose not to use it? That is the concern I have. Yes, all games should work but how many dev's will ensure they will work?

If you can say 100% for certain that GT Sports, GT7, Driveclub (2?), and any and all future PS4 games will work then I'd like to borrow your crystal ball please. Nothing has been officially announced and I'm not about to believe speculation.

I 'get' all the points you make, but its a tough call to gamble on something that may well turn out to have a limited supply of fully compatible games-don't forget GT5 and 6 were never 'officially' supported and there is no guarantee that Polyphony will change their thinking in the future. I hope they do, but the point is no-one knows.

I get a,

This site says...

Anyone can help?
    ?!?

I know the chat support is supposed to be for product support but maybe they would be able to help you with this as well
  • Until Cyber Monday or Though Monday?

• I replied to this concern so many times it's kinda frustrating. If you go back and look at Thomas's announcement about Xbox 1 he also talks about PS4. But I'll simplify it for ya. Fanatec has made PS4 SDK for all devs to have for FREE. That's huge. Fanatec has included older wheels in the SDK so Fanatec is doing everything they can to insure ps4 support. There is no "official" support like with X1. Sony operates completely opposite of MS. Advantages and disadvantages to both. But the real thing to know is if a PS4 game doesn't support Fanatec it's NOT Fanatecs fault. Period. What more can they do? Free SDK is almost unheard of. The other part of the equation is users demanding Fanatec support.

Chris, thanks for your reply but I'll put it even simpler for you-there is nothing for us to celebrate if Fanatec supply the SDK to everyone but they choose not to use it? That is the concern I have. Yes, all games should work but how many dev's will ensure they will work?

If you can say 100% for certain that GT Sports, GT7, Driveclub (2?), and any and all future PS4 games will work then I'd like to borrow your crystal ball please. Nothing has been officially announced and I'm not about to believe speculation.

I 'get' all the points you make, but its a tough call to gamble on something that may well turn out to have a limited supply of fully compatible games-don't forget GT5 and 6 were never 'officially' supported and there is no guarantee that Polyphony will change their thinking in the future. I hope they do, but the point is no-one knows.

I get all your points. And they make sense. The difference I believe is Fanatec providing the SDK this time. Also Fanatecs market share has increased. The issue truly resides at the feet of Sony. Since they don't make all games support all peripherals like MS, this will be a issue with all PS's in the future also. Dumb move by Sony IMO. But I wasn't asked for my input. Lol
  • edited November 2015
    Just completely off topic:

Thomas and dear Fanatec web developers, please change this horrible white type on black background theme of your blog and discussions. Sorry, but it's a really bad idea. After reading the posts for several minutes, the viewers' eyes literally hurt.

I get a,

This site says...

Anyone can help?
    ?!?

I know the chat support is supposed to be for product support but maybe they would be able to help you with this as well
    My F/I is watching over my CC closely I guess. Blocked it on the first attempt. Solved... Thanks!!!
  • edited November 2015

• Still hoping to hear from anyone in the US that jumped on the Black Friday deal to see if orders are being shipped yet.

Any help is much appreciated.
  • Still hoping to hear from anyone in the US that jumped on the Black Friday deal to see if orders are being shipped yet.

Matt. Fanatec is a small company. This was just a holiday weekend. I highly doubt orders have shipped yet. And if any did it would be Friday orders only. Need to relax just a tad. I know you're excited and you have every reason to be. But if you think/hope your order should've shipped already been you have unrealistic expectations. IMO

I ordered Black Friday, about 4 am. Got confirming email, but still shows processing on their website. I wouldn't worry much about the email since you can see your order is processing. Hopefully we'll get tracking on Monday...you might double check your info on your account page to be sure they got your correct email.

• obviously we log on with our emails, so you should get your tracking...
  • Matt EseltineMatt Eseltine Member
    edited November 2015
    Thanks to all who have responded, I genuinely appreciate it.

• I've took the plunge and ordered the new setup after a big battle for some discount which got me nowhere. I have a question if any of you guys could help me with. I will have the base V2 and the ClubSport GT Forza wheel and the ClubSport Pedals V3, reading into the instructions I've downloaded off the net it says you can hook up you mobile phone to the hub for an additional telemetry. What app and where do I need to download this,

Many thanks

Rob
  • Well first of all the usb slot on the hub is for charging your phone or tablet...nothing more.
    Most apps only work if your on pc...you'll have to check the developers website what apps are available. But, with thnx to my buddy Joseph Z over here pointing that out to me, with PCars patch 7.0 console gamers will be able to use the PCars dash app on a smartphone or tablet.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html
  • I don't understand what you mean by with PCars patch 7.0 console gamers will be able to use the PCrars dash app on a smartphone. .so she's that mean there is no app out there to use as a telemetry dash for XBOX ONE?
  • I just wonderd if I could use a spare smartphone for the telemetry while I'm on Forza 6. But I can't seem to find anything but for the PC.
  • Patches in games are used to update or fix issues in a game. Project Cars is the game, and the app is called 'PCars Dash' just click on the link I posted above.
    So when the game P(roject)Cars gets the patch 7.0 update..we will be able to use the PCars dash app on a smartphone or tablet with the game.

You can read on this page how to do it.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40113-COMPLETE-Companion-app-UDP-streaming/page45
  • So it will work on Xbox one?