BLACK FRIDAY: Bundle with CSW B V2 and the new CSL P1 steering wheel

Comments

• Oh my God. I'll take it all back. Thank you Fanatec team I've just received email from UPS and going by the mail everything should land with me tomorrow
  • We aren't asking for a discount code. Free shipping is honestly what most of us want. We are willing to pay full price for the product but it'd be nice to not have to spend money for shipping as a promo for once
    Free shipping would get complaints also. People living in California wouldn't get the same amount of money (value) as people in Vermont. So that's not fair either. You see? There is really nothing that's TOTALLY fair except a discount code that can be used site wide. Thomas won't do this. I don't blame him. Does Apple put their products on sale? No. Not until they're quite old. So again, a NEW product on sale is amazing. In fact, I'm seriously thinking of buying this deal. Why? Because I know a discount on CSWv2 won't happen again and I want another one. I can sell the rim and apply that money to the base.

I've been a Fanatec owner for over 5 years. Fanatec customers can be the most ungrateful people I've ever come across. (Not all customers so don't start) It seems no matter what he does it's never enough or good enough. Personally, I'm glad Thomas has the passion he does for sim. If he didn't he'd have gotten sick of the crap a long time ago and folded shop. And before the "fanboy" comments come my way I've complained about situations in the past and will in the future if I believe Thomas needs to hear something. He'll attest to me being a pain in his butt. But, I do respect Thomas. And I love most of his products.
    Because everyone doesn't share your sentiment doesn't make them ungrateful. Honestly it wouldn't really matter since the shipping would be free. I have been a fanatec customer for just as long as you have and it doesn't mean we are ungrateful because we would like to take advantage of a discount on other products. When i went to any store today, best buy, gamestop, walmart etc there were multiple discounts on different items. Most of the people asking for discounts already have the csw v2 base and and or multiple wheels and have supported fanatec over the years. To make an assertion that its being ungrateful is incorrect. I personally bought the p1 rim when it came out and also have the pwts, csr, two wheel stands, the v1 pedals and a host of other items i have purchased from fanatec at launch or shortly thereafter. We have a difference of opinion and that doesn't make us any more ungrateful than it makes you a fanboy for having the attitude you have. You speak of fairness but in reality is it fair for us that already have the products being discounted to get nothing not even free shipping when we are trying to pay full price for products? Or a discount code? Instead of taking the attitude of us being ungrateful try understanding things from our perspective.

GREATLY written.
    +100 :)
  • We aren't asking for a discount code. Free shipping is honestly what most of us want. We are willing to pay full price for the product but it'd be nice to not have to spend money for shipping as a promo for once
    Free shipping would get complaints also. People living in California wouldn't get the same amount of money (value) as people in Vermont. So that's not fair either. You see? There is really nothing that's TOTALLY fair except a discount code that can be used site wide. Thomas won't do this. I don't blame him. Does Apple put their products on sale? No. Not until they're quite old. So again, a NEW product on sale is amazing. In fact, I'm seriously thinking of buying this deal. Why? Because I know a discount on CSWv2 won't happen again and I want another one. I can sell the rim and apply that money to the base.

I've been a Fanatec owner for over 5 years. Fanatec customers can be the most ungrateful people I've ever come across. (Not all customers so don't start) It seems no matter what he does it's never enough or good enough. Personally, I'm glad Thomas has the passion he does for sim. If he didn't he'd have gotten sick of the crap a long time ago and folded shop. And before the "fanboy" comments come my way I've complained about situations in the past and will in the future if I believe Thomas needs to hear something. He'll attest to me being a pain in his butt. But, I do respect Thomas. And I love most of his products.
    Because everyone doesn't share your sentiment doesn't make them ungrateful. Honestly it wouldn't really matter since the shipping would be free. I have been a fanatec customer for just as long as you have and it doesn't mean we are ungrateful because we would like to take advantage of a discount on other products. When i went to any store today, best buy, gamestop, walmart etc there were multiple discounts on different items. Most of the people asking for discounts already have the csw v2 base and and or multiple wheels and have supported fanatec over the years. To make an assertion that its being ungrateful is incorrect. I personally bought the p1 rim when it came out and also have the pwts, csr, two wheel stands, the v1 pedals and a host of other items i have purchased from fanatec at launch or shortly thereafter. We have a difference of opinion and that doesn't make us any more ungrateful than it makes you a fanboy for having the attitude you have. You speak of fairness but in reality is it fair for us that already have the products being discounted to get nothing not even free shipping when we are trying to pay full price for products? Or a discount code? Instead of taking the attitude of us being ungrateful try understanding things from our perspective.

GREATLY written.
    Actually it's not greatly written. Early adapters always pay full price. And they/we do so by OUR choice. Fanatec didn't force you buy when you did. You could've waited. But it was your choice to buy when you did. Like I said the only true way to make it fair is to offer no sales or discounts. That includes free shipping. If I were Thomas I would strongly think about that. I worked for a retail department store chain that never offered promotions or sales. All we did was mark down old merchandise. We made up the difference by offering great customer service. While Macys, Saks, Dillards and others were closing stores we were opening stores in new markets and very large markets. People appreciate being treated fairly and equally. So it works Thomas, go for it. People have complained about every Black Friday deal you've offered. So don't offer one. Complaining gone. =D>
  • Oh my God. I'll take it all back. Thank you Fanatec team I've just received email from UPS and going by the mail everything should land with me tomorrow
    Awesome Rob! Glad to hear it.
    Free shipping would get complaints also. People living in California wouldn't get the same amount of money (value) as people in Vermont. So that's not fair either. You see?

No, I don't.
    You dig too deep.
    Free shipping IS free shipping.
    End of story.
    Free shipping ISN'T free shipping. If it was there wouldn't be exclusions to Alaska or Hawaii. They don't get free shipping so it's not universal "all in" coverage as you state. And I don't dig too deep. I simply am pointing out what people HAVE complained about in the past.
  • Do you really think, Chris, that the U.S. is the only country in the world?
    For myself FREE means FREE but it seems to be too much of the science for you.

And I wonder if I am the only one here who is sick and tired of your "wisdom" and never-ending-knowing-everything-better.

GREATLY written.
    Actually it's not greatly written. Early adapters always pay full price. And they/we do so by OUR choice. Fanatec didn't force you buy when you did. You could've waited. But it was your choice to buy when you did. Like I said the only true way to make it fair is to offer no sales or discounts. That includes free shipping. If I were Thomas I would strongly think about that. I worked for a retail department store chain that never offered promotions or sales. All we did was mark down old merchandise. We made up the difference by offering great customer service. While Macys, Saks, Dillards and others were closing stores we were opening stores in new markets and very large markets. People appreciate being treated fairly and equally. So it works Thomas, go for it. People have complained about every Black Friday deal you've offered. So don't offer one. Complaining gone. =D>
    This is your opinion and actually it is greatly written. Please just learn to agree to disagree and keep it moving.
  • Do you really think, Chris, that the U.S. is the only country in the world?
    For myself FREE means FREE but it seems to be too much of the science for you.

And I wonder if I am the only one here who is sick and tired of your "wisdom" and never-ending-knowing-everything-better.
    Exactly
  • Just stop crying about discounts, coupons, other black Friday deals etc. I don't agree with some things about Fanatec sales either...but it is what it is...take it or leave it.
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited November 2015
    Just stop crying about discounts, coupons, other black Friday deals etc. I don't agree with some things about Fanatec sales either...but it is what it is...take it or leave it.
    GREATLY written.
    +1000 ^:)^

GREATLY written.
    This is your opinion and actually it is greatly written. Please just learn to agree to disagree and keep it moving.
    You're right it is my opinion. If he's entitled to one shouldn't I be also? I'll stop with that nugget. Thanks.
  • Just stop crying about discounts, coupons, other black Friday deals etc. I don't agree with some things about Fanatec sales either...but it is what it is...take it or leave it.
    Just like you don't agree and are able to voice it so are we. Its always crying when you're not the one complaining but when its on you then its logical and you're the know it all. This is a forum for us to voice our likes and dislikes as well. When any of you have an issue you post about it so quit acting like your caca don't stink.

• Its a bonus by Fanatec, that they offer a black friday deal. They dont need to do this and no one is forced to buy it. If you want it, take it if not, let it be. Why must people always ask for more, more and more? Can't you be happy with that what you have? Many people in the world dont have enough money to buy food and you are crying about the wrong offer? I wonder about how sick the world is.

Sorry for my bad english, but it is not my first language.
  • Its a bonus by Fanatec, that they offer a black friday deal. They dont need to do this and no one is forced to buy it. If you want it, take it if not, let it be. Why must people always ask for more, more and more? Can't you be happy with that what you have? Many people in the world dont have enough money to buy food and you are crying about the wrong offer? I wonder about how sick the world is.

Its not a bonus black friday is a sales day period. Typically stores make money by sales Its not some bonus lol. Also spare me the false humility of " there are poor people in the world who cant buy food" if you're such the humanitarian why are you on a gaming site shopping as well? Take some of your cash or sell your fanatec gear and help the starving children of the world sheeesh. We should all just be like you huh?  Give me a break.

Its not a bonus black friday is a sales day period. Typically stores make money by sales Its not some bonus lol. Also spare me the false humility of " there are poor people in the world who cant buy food" if you're such the humanitarian why are you on a gaming site shopping as well? Take some of your cash or sell your fanatec gear and help the starving children of the world sheeesh. We should all just be like you huh?  Give me a break.
    And I wonder if I am the only one here who is sick and tired of your "wisdom" and never-ending-knowing-everything-better. :-w

Contrary to what others think I don't believe you're being false in your beliefs/opinions. It's possible to help those less fortunate and still have a life yourself.
  • edited December 2015
    On a happier note,,,I've received my tracking # and my CSW V2 should be in my hands on Thursday!
  • On a happier note,,,I've received my tracking # and my CSW V2 should be in my hands on Thursday!
    When did you order your items?

Contrary to what others think I don't believe you're being false in your beliefs/opinions. It's possible to help those less fortunate and still have a life yourself.
    Who says i and others don't outside of posting on this forum do you know me personally? No. The point is don't give me the false humility and assume that folks are just being selfish because we asked for a discount at a time when stores are giving the discount. It can never be as simple as people that have a complaint can voice their issue without someone trying to convince them to jump on a fanboy wagon.

Who says i and others don't outside of posting on this forum do you know me personally? No. The point is don't give me the false humility and assume that folks are just being selfish because we asked for a discount at a time when stores are giving the discount. It can never be as simple as people that have a complaint can voice their issue without someone trying to convince them to jump on a fanboy wagon.
    Dude. I didn't comment on you at all. It's not all about you.
  • 8 boxes inbound EDD Thursday
  • 8 boxes inbound EDD Thursday
    Very nice
  • Oh my God. I wish I kept my mouth shut regarding discount earlier of this post, as I'm new to this forum stuff I should of posted my comments direct to Fanatec and not here. Sorry for that but when I was sending number of emails to them and wasn't getting replys was due to me mailing the wrong department I think, I don't know. Maybe they thought I was a scammer or somthing who knows.
    But I feel awful for putting my comments on here as it's struck open a can of beans. So I'm sorry for that guys.
    Yes a little bit of discount would of helped, it's not that it would of broke their bank, at least their customers would of had more loyalty towards them. When I read some of the posts else where I must admit it did make me wonder wheather to walk away from Fanatec or not, so i made the decision myself as you can read too much into forums. I hope I've made the wright decision .
    Looking forward now as it's due to arrive today. Happy days
  • On a happier note,,,I've received my tracking # and my CSW V2 should be in my hands on Thursday!
    When did you order your items?
    On Friday the 27th.
  • Matt EseltineMatt Eseltine Member
    edited December 2015
    Thank you for the information. My orders page now says shipped but I have yet to receive tracking number. Fingers crossed the wheel arrives before weekend.

UPDATE: Got my tracking info...
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited December 2015
    Thank you for the information. My orders page now says shipped but I have yet to receive tracking number. Fingers crossed the wheel arrives before weekend.

Me too! Scheduled for Saturday
  • Thank you for the information. My orders page now says shipped but I have yet to receive tracking number. Fingers crossed the wheel arrives before weekend.

mine still no tracking number. only show shiped :(

• yeah! got my order yesterday ! But only time to setup all tomorrow :-(
  • Matt EseltineMatt Eseltine Member
    edited December 2015
    Time line for me, hope this is helpful: Ordered items at 11pm PST 11/26, order remained in processing status until 12/01, on 12/01 the pedals said shipped while other items continued to say processing. Got a notice from Fanatec on 12/1 to say order is accepted and processing, I would receive a notice from carrier when they had items. On 12/2 I got a couple of emails from fedex to say items on way (3 boxes...) received items at home today.

I am just so jaded by my experiences with companies like Amazon who provide nearly instantaneous updates regarding shipping etc. Fanatec has definately not delayed in getting my items to me. I have no complaints.

Update: fed ex only delivered 2 of 3 boxes. Pedals are still in transit...
  • I got my stuff, but don't have the correct cable to connect my cs v1 pedals to my v2 base. Ordered ps2 to rj12 2m cable. Is that the correct cable for my cs v1 pedals to the new base? Pretty sure it is, but it would be nice to have it confirmed