BLACK FRIDAY: Bundle with CSW B V2 and the new CSL P1 steering wheel

Comments

• I got my stuff, but don't have the correct cable to connect my cs v1 pedals to my v2 base. Ordered ps2 to rj12 2m cable. Is that the correct cable for my cs v1 pedals to the new base? Pretty sure it is, but it would be nice to have it confirmed
    Hey Greg when i ordered my v2 base it came with the proper cables i don't know what you are missing. If you have the cables that connect the v1 pedals to any of the old fanatec wheel and you ordered the v2 base you should be able to connect them without any additional cables. 
  • Ka Ho MuiKa Ho Mui Member
    edited December 2015
    Time line for me, hope this is helpful: Ordered items at 11pm PST 11/26, order remained in processing status until 12/01, on 12/01 the pedals said shipped while other items continued to say processing. Got a notice from Fanatec on 12/1 to say order is accepted and processing, I would receive a notice from carrier when they had items. On 12/2 I got a couple of emails from fedex to say items on way (3 boxes...) received items at home today.

I am just so jaded by my experiences with companies like Amazon who provide nearly instantaneous updates regarding shipping etc. Fanatec has definately not delayed in getting my items to me. I have no complaints.

Update: fed ex only delivered 2 of 3 boxes. Pedals are still in transit...
    FedEx they dont like delivered one time for everthing. they like come mulit time. 
    FedEx only delivered 2 of 5 boxes for me ( wheel and shifter, no base and pedal )

:((
  • Thx Julian, my v2 base had shifter cables, but no pedal cables. My old pwts wheel had a ps2 connection on the wheel, unlike the v2 base. No worries, I ordered the correct cable and can connect to my pc via usb. Guess I'll play projectcars and assetto corsa this weekend and save forza for later.  :-c
  • ive setup my Wheel Base V2 and CSL P1 Wheel yesterday. Upgraded it all. Fired up Forza 6 and PCars (PS4).

Its really all very nice and smooth  but (im coming from CSR Wheel Xbox360 Grid2). It feels somehow Jerky. I can drive almost straight and i can feel the motor kicking me left and right.

I havent been able to setup anything in Forza, i  cant find the Wheel Settings, maybe because im still at the first three intro races ? (was late yesterday aready).

So i dont know if this more simlike than CSR Wheel with Xbox360 and Grid or i have to / can tweak settings.

I dont feel my real car jerking me around like this...(steering wheel).

Maybe somone has some advice or hints for me - this is all new tome with this kind of higher end setup.

Pcars settings are overwhelming, i will try to apply some recommendet settings, dont really understand what they all do yet.

Im also gonna try PS3 Grid2 for comparison.

thank you for any help / directions.

Christophe
  • My CSW v2 + CSL P1 arrived yesterday.

I played Forza 6 and Project Cars, both on X1.
    Forza 6 is very dissapointed, tried several definitions but I cannot get a good feel. Project Cars has good feel and FFB effects.

I need to test on PS4 with project cars.
  • ive setup my Wheel Base V2 and CSL P1 Wheel yesterday. Upgraded it all. Fired up Forza 6 and PCars (PS4).

Its really all very nice and smooth  but (im coming from CSR Wheel Xbox360 Grid2). It feels somehow Jerky. I can drive almost straight and i can feel the motor kicking me left and right.

I havent been able to setup anything in Forza, i  cant find the Wheel Settings, maybe because im still at the first three intro races ? (was late yesterday aready).

So i dont know if this more simlike than CSR Wheel with Xbox360 and Grid or i have to / can tweak settings.

Maybe somone has some advice or hints for me - this is all new tome with this kind of higher end setup.

Pcars settings are overwhelming, i will try to apply some recommendet settings, dont really understand what they all do yet.

Christophe
    Try adjusting the dead zone setting on you wheel. I haven't played on PlayStation lately, seems like I remember setting dead one to minus 5 or 10.

• Maybe it was more like minus 2-3, not sure if current firmware even has minus dead zone setting. I'm still getting my wheel set up...

Christophe

• leon georgeleon george Member
    edited December 2015
    try turning up the in game wheel sensitivity and also the in car MZ to get a tighter center..where it don't wobble that much..(ps4 project cars).still trying to get it to feel more direct..any improvements would be greatly appreciated.thanks.lee

Christophe
    Got mine going on pc. project cars plays great on pc,the wobble thing seems to be mainly a PlayStation thing. I don't have a ps4, but this was an issue on PS3 in turismo. Once you get past the start you'll have options for forza, keep going on that. I had to order a cable to attach my old v1 pedals to the new base, so I can't play forza till next week.

Christophe
    Got mine going on pc. project cars plays great on pc,the wobble thing seems to be mainly a PlayStation thing. I don't have a ps4, but this was an issue on PS3 in turismo. Once you get past the start you'll have options for forza, keep going on that. I had to order a cable to attach my old v1 pedals to the new base, so I can't play forza till next week.

Not being a PC snob greg but if you have a PC that can run pcars give Rfactor 2 demo a whirl best ffb in a sim just a little unpolished but getting better all the time. Asseto corsa is good to. Iracing to me is the best online racing bar none because of the service structure but then it comes at a cost. Dirt rally and wreckfest are also fun for something else to try.
  • Interested on feedback on the CSL P1 steering wheel. Using the f1 rim on csw v2 on the pc. Could be a cheaper option for a second wheel. All feedback appreciated.
  • Thx Keith, I have assetto corsa and Dirt Rally, haven't played dirt rally for a while, know it's improved since the early build I last played. I work too much to do iracing justice, I'll check out rfactor.
  • keith sharpkeith sharp Member
    edited December 2015

Dirt rally has had a lot of updates pretty good now best rally game for sure

wreckfest is banger racing - by the people who did flatout its good too in a very different way

Yeah iracing can add up but if you have the content you need (tracks/cars) black Friday you can get a years subs for $45. Your paying for the servers and protest system etc. really which I find helps make racing much cleaner. AC I find is more like console ramfests unless you league race. Loads of people like to hotlap and don't bother racing there to totally different thing. Oh and don't look at iracings Nordschleife coming next week - looks unbelievably detailed.

• Interested on feedback on the CSL P1 steering wheel. Using the f1 rim on csw v2 on the pc. Could be a cheaper option for a second wheel. All feedback appreciated.
    I'm happy with the wheel for a first wheel, not sure how it compares to other rims.  I wan't too sure about the universal hub rims, seemed like a kinda hefty setup, the csl rim is lighter. Paddles don't have a positive click, but I don't notice it while driving.  The biggest issue, I would have as a second wheel is it is NOT a quick release wheel. You have to screw in a bolt to attach it to the base, no big deal, but for swapping the quick release would be nice. It isn't leather like the rim I put on my TX base, but has a good feel. Rev light turns green as a shift indicator in pcars, brightly enough you can see it out of your peripheral easily, that should be nice where games support it, digital shows gear.

It is my first Fanatec setup.  So far I am very pleased.  I would like to have gotten the Forza GT setup but could not justify the added expense.  The wheel itself is pretty good.  In the manufacturing process they inject the plastic for the wheel in 2 places, those 2 places are right where a drivers thumbs rest.  It is not smooth there and I am not pleased with the feel on my thumbs after a couple hours of driving.  Not sure why they couldn't inject the plastic in a spot where the hands never touch.

I like the feel of the wheel with regard to its size.  It is pretty comfortable and not too much to manage. 

It is ironic to me that the shifter light do not work in Forza given that the wheel is primarily marketed as an Xbox One wheel.  The shifter lights work great on PS4 and PCars.  I would guess that the lights probably work on PCars on Xbox.

The wheel has a significant amount of wobble if you take it and lift it a little bit after tightening the lock screw.  There is no wobble rotationally. The wobble does not seem to affect driving at all.  I have a service ticket submitted to Fanatec to see if the wobble is normal or if I have an issue to be resolved.

If you are in the market for a Fanatec setup then I cannot say this wheel is a bad choice.  I am happy so far. 

• My reference is the GT2 wheel.

I like the P1 wheel. Grip is well shaped, size of the wheel is nice. The feeling in the hands is not as good as the GT2 which is expected. The alcantara was much nicer as my hands tend to sweat a bit and the alcantara provided a much nicer feel after an hour or so of racing. Buttons are way better though and feel well integrated and of high quality.

Wheel looks nice aswell.

No wobble noticed in my wheel, so doubt it is normal.

Tried in both Assetto Corsa and Forza 6 so far.

• Pedro RamosPedro Ramos Member
    edited December 2015

@Matt Eseltine
    [The wheel has a significant amount of wobble if you take it and lift it a little bit after tightening the lock screw.  There is no wobble rotationally. The wobble does not seem to affect driving at all.  I have a service ticket submitted to Fanatec to see if the wobble is normal or if I have an issue to be resolved.]

I think I had the same problem, the wheel forcing it forward on the top it look like it was loose.
    I remove the wheel and tighten the screws near the data connection of the wheel. Now I have played more time than before that and the wheel is very solid. Don't know if that is a defect on the assembly but is very bad because after some play with got worst.
  • any body knows good settings for this wheel with project cars ps4..try everything and it feels way to springy like a bungee cord can't catch slides feels wrong..?had a csr standard and it feel way more connected and not as bungee.help and direction would be appreciated..wheel costing this much should feel more natural than basic wheel.thanks
  • The in game ffb settings in project cars are beyond overwhelming.
  • lol..it is..been days since i got the combo and still fiddling with sliders trying to make it work properly..heard you mention pc earlier..how much of a difference is the force feedback compared to ps4?..might have to consider getting a pc to really get the best out this wheel..
  • Been playing assetto corsa, I like the ffb much better...pic also gives you options like iracing and rfactor which will use the wheel better. None of that problem with the center twitch, but pcars seems more detached, but I haven't spent much time tuning it.
  • yes it doesn't feel like its connected to the road at all..have you tried f1 2015 is that any better.i know it aint got sophisticated ffb like project cars but knowing the feedback would be interesting to see if its not my wheel or the game?
  • edited December 2015
    @Leon, just go to the official PCars forum. Several topics discuss the V2, FFB and FFB settings!
    Search for Grimey dogs topic especially, he has a pdf to download for the V2 and other wheels too. Look for it on last 5 pages I think.
  • Hi, I don't know if this is inevitable the wright section to ask this but could anyone tell me if on the base V2 and the Forza GT Motorsport wheel on xbox one, does it have the auto clutch when you use the wheel paddles like you could on the old CSR and Elite?

Many thanks

Rob
  • @Leon, just go to the official PCars forum. Several topics discuss the V2, FFB and FFB settings!
    Search for Grimey dogs topic especially, he has a pdf to download for the V2 and other wheels too. Look for it on last 5 pages I think.
    thanks Antoine,ill go have a look up at your suggestion..much appreciated.

• @Matt Eseltine
    [The wheel has a significant amount of wobble if you take it and lift it a little bit after tightening the lock
    screw.  There is no wobble rotationally. The wobble does not seem to affect driving at all.  I have a service ticket submitted to Fanatec to see if the wobble is normal or if I have an issue to be resolved.]

I think I had the same problem, the wheel forcing it forward on the top it look like it was loose.
    I remove the wheel and tighten the screws near the data connection of the wheel. Now I have played more time than before that and the wheel is very solid. Don't know if that is a defect on the assembly but is very bad because after some play with got worst.
    Pedro,

Thank you for posting your comment. As it happens, Fanatec got back to me and asked me to see if those very screws you mention are loose. I have to get home to find out but by your account it sounds like that may be the issue. Glad it worked out for you.

• @Matt Eseltine
    [The wheel has a significant amount of wobble if you take it and lift it a little bit after tightening the lock
    screw.  There is no wobble rotationally. The wobble does not seem to affect driving at all.  I have a service ticket submitted to Fanatec to see if the wobble is normal or if I have an issue to be resolved.]

Pedro,

Thank you for posting your comment. As it happens, Fanatec got back to me and asked me to see if those very screws you mention are loose. I have to get home to find out but by your account it sounds like that may be the issue. Glad it worked out for you.
    UPDATE: it did turn out to be the screws inside the base hub. I tightened them and now wheel it tight. Hope it doesn't keep happening. Thanks to Fanatec for a response in just a few hours.
  • @Rob, this has been discussed earlier in other topics. This feature isn't available with the V2 base, and I doubt if Fanatec will add it again in the future.
  • Got my cable for my v1 pedals, after a spirited session of Forza dialing in my wheel, I developed the same wobble mentioned above. If your wheel has the slightest wobble take it off and check those screws around the connection. My wheel is rock solid now that I tightened those screws up.