BLACK FRIDAY: Bundle with CSW B V2 and the new CSL P1 steering wheel

Comments

• Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited January 2016
    Agreed, Natalie. The forum has taken on a life of its own. I commented and asked on that a few days ago in the Activity section, but no one bothered to respond. We have been instructed to take off topic subjects there, but why bother when no one pays attention. Anyway, my beef is when we go to a Discussion thread, the page opens at the Original Post. To get to the latest comments, one has to scroll down the the list of numbers under the OP, click on the highest number, then scroll down again to get to the last comments and to the discussion window. 
    There, hows that for off topic?

PS. Yes, I'm feeling grumpy this morning.  :P
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    I agree,
    Fanatec are working on the forums behind the scenes though, so hopefully there will be great things to come ;)

I'd like to see a more traditional, structured layout, with threads, stickies, events, game specific forums, mods, fixes etc and hopefully it will come.
    I think our forums have a fantastic group of users, I really can't stress that enough, we get very little trolls in here and I feel that everyone here has a voice and a valid one at that!
    However, we all struggle to communicate effectively, as the current method of communication is strangling us with its restrictions.
    I personally want to run a time trial section (like we did last year) but it needs its a dedicated thread. I'd also like to create a thread of fixes and known issues where users can learn how to resolve some of the most common issues etc (and reduce the tickets raised to support)
    I think with such a great bunch of valued users, it feels like this forum has a "curated" list of the best, level headed sim racers around, and we should capitalise on that by making this their home 24/7 :)
    So who's up for a Time Trial:

PCars
    Ford Capri (Default Setup)
    17:00
    Light Cloud
    No Assists
    Donnington National Go: Go: Go :D
  • I agree,
    Fanatec are working on the forums behind the scenes though, so hopefully there will be great things to come ;)

I'd like to see a more traditional, structured layout, with threads, stickies, events, game specific forums, mods, fixes etc and hopefully it will come.
    I think our forums have a fantastic group of users, I really can't stress that enough, we get very little trolls in here and I feel that everyone here has a voice and a valid one at that!
    However, we all struggle to communicate effectively, as the current method of communication is strangling us with its restrictions.
    I personally want to run a time trial section (like we did last year) but it needs its a dedicated thread. I'd also like to create a thread of fixes and known issues where users can learn how to resolve some of the most common issues etc (and reduce the tickets raised to support)
    I think with such a great bunch of valued users, it feels like this forum has a "curated" list of the best, level headed sim racers around, and we should capitalise on that by making this their home 24/7 :)
    So who's up for a Time Trial:

PCars
    Ford Capri (Default Setup)
    17:00
    Light Cloud
    No Assists
    Donnington National Go: Go: Go :D
    im in... is that on XB1 or PS4???
  • edited January 2016
    I know this isn't the place for support Thomas but I've waited three days for a reply and still waiting. I don't think I am being unfair in being somewhat annoyed that someone hasn't sent me an email regarding my RMA.
    I own nearly everything you make (I don't own the handbrake) it would be nice to get some support please. And I am sorry to barge in here with a complaint but I figure you or someone reads this more often then customer service read their emails.
  • Is this bundle still available?
  • Hi, I'm thinking of returning to sim racing. I have a unused invitation code from when I bought my csr elite. I never redeemed it but has expired. Can I get a new code or redeem the one I didn't use? Regards Stu.
  • Hi, I'm thinking of returning to sim racing. I have a unused invitation code from when I bought my csr elite. I never redeemed it but has expired. Can I get a new code or redeem the one I didn't use? Regards Stu.
    I'm afraid that an expired invite is expired.

• Is this bundle still available?

• Thanks Remco for the reply. I had to ask. Maybe one day I may get another in the future. Expiration date on a code seems a bit silly. I should have noticed that and gave it to someone who could of used it. My bad. Back to my old trusty csr elite. Regards Stu.
  • edited January 2016
    Thanks Remco for the reply. I had to ask. Maybe one day I may get another in the future. Expiration date on a code seems a bit silly. I should have noticed that and gave it to someone who could of used it. My bad. Back to my old trusty csr elite. Regards Stu.
    There was a possibility to extend the invite period in your profile on this site, but I don't remember whether there was a limit to that as well. Keep an eye out for bundle deals :)
  • Yeah I will keep a eye out buddy. Take care Stu.
  • Hey guys and girls, just wondering if anyone has any info on when the CSL base will be released, or any details on it. I fallow Fanatec pretty closely and I don't believe any information has been publicly released on the upcoming base but the anticipation is killing me so I thought I would ask. If for nothing else then to know that others are quite anxious to see the new Fanatec product as well. 

I would also like to say hi and introduce myself as this is my first post here. My name is Seth, I live in Branford Ct USA, and I am a huge fan of Fanatec products. I have a nice little collection of Fanatec gear and add to it as often as possible. I also love to mod and work on my gear in general. I always get excited when Fanatec releases a new product. It is exciting for me to see what the company is working on and what their latest innovations are. There is such beauty in Fanatec's craft, and I appreciate the level of aesthetics along with functionality that Fanatec provides. I cant wait to see more!  
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited February 2016
    Hey guys and girls, just wondering if anyone has any info on when the CSL base will be released, or any details on it. I fallow Fanatec pretty closely and I don't believe any information has been publicly released on the upcoming base but the anticipation is killing me so I thought I would ask. If for nothing else then to know that others are quite anxious to see the new Fanatec product as well. 

Hey, Seth. The CSL wheel is already available, as is the compatible V2 base.

• I have a Question and i cant find a thread to ask on...

My ClubSport Shifter SQ arrived yesterday!!! What a beautiful piece of hard ware... But My question is the wire is very short and i Need a longer wire to be able to plug it into my wheel... can i use any Rj11 wire as a substitute???

also the shifter came with 2x wires 1 4ft long  and the other 1ft long the wires in the plugs are different...the longer has 6 wires the shorter has 5 wires whats the difference???

Edit: Nope a Random Rj11 cable will not work... they come with 6 wires in them and when that is plugged into the wheel the V2 wheel wont even turn on.... Is there a special wire that i need to order to get a longer wire or do i have to Make 1???

• I have a Question and i cant find a thread to ask on...

My ClubSport Shifter SQ arrived yesterday!!! What a beautiful piece of hard ware... But My question is the wire is very short and i Need a longer wire to be able to plug it into my wheel... can i use any Rj11 wire as a substitute???

also the shifter came with 2x wires 1 4ft long  and the other 1ft long the wires in the plugs are different...the longer has 6 wires the shorter has 5 wires whats the difference???

Edit: Nope a Random Rj11 cable will not work... they come with 6 wires in them and when that is plugged into the wheel the V2 wheel wont even turn on.... Is there a special wire that i need to order to get a longer wire or do i have to Make 1???
    As answered in the pCARS forum, Fanatec uses standard RJ12 cables.
  • Hey guys and girls, just wondering if anyone has any info on when the CSL base will be released, or any details on it. I fallow Fanatec pretty closely and I don't believe any information has been publicly released on the upcoming base but the anticipation is killing me so I thought I would ask. If for nothing else then to know that others are quite anxious to see the new Fanatec product as well. 

Hey, Seth. The CSL wheel is already available, as is the compatible V2 base.

Thank you for responding, however, I am aware of the CSL Wheel rims current availability as well as the V2 base which has been available for a long time now. My question was regarding the upcoming CSL Base which Fanatec mentioned at the time of the CSL wheel rim announcement. Fanatec stated there will be a CSL Base being released in the future but did not say when or give any detail. I was curious if anyone knew anything more regarding this upcoming base. I already have a CSW V1 with UHX but I always get excited about new Fanatec hardware :) See this link:
    Here you will see the upcoming CSL base mentioned. 

• I have a question about the Hand brake... wrong thread but i can find a thread about the hand brake.

Has any one else noticed that the hand brake gives random readings when you pull it??? My hand brake reads 100% on the first pull the it will read 90%, 85%, 95%  but never fully 100% after the first initial pull... is this a FW issue or defective product issue??? i don't know... I'm thinking its FW because it will Read 100% on the first pull but Not after that so it must not be calibrating correctly.

Its the same result if i plug the pedals into the wheel or if i plug the pedals directly into the PC.

• I have a question about the Hand brake... wrong thread but i can find a thread about the hand brake.

Has any one else noticed that the hand brake gives random readings when you pull it??? My hand brake reads 100% on the first pull the it will read 90%, 85%, 95%  but never fully 100% after the first initial pull... is this a FW issue or defective product issue??? i don't know... I'm thinking its FW because it will Read 100% on the first pull but Not after that so it must not be calibrating correctly.

Its the same result if i plug the pedals into the wheel or if i plug the pedals directly into the PC.
    I will check with my own handbrake tonight but it sounds like it's not working correctly.
  • edited February 2016
    "The Fanatec ClubSport Hand Brake features an analog axis and is fully made of metal. The soft foam grip is very ergonomic and you can either connect it to the ClubSport USB adapter or plug it into the ClubSport pedals. If you use it with the pedals it will even be compatible to Forza Motorsport."

CSW v2  FW142,     CSP V3 pedals 

FM6 Hand Brake is Not working at all.

Xbox1 Project cars hand brake seems to operate as the Clutch instead of a hand brake... The Clutch disengages according to how much hand brake is pulled.

PS4  Project Cars  the hand Brake is not recognized and can not be mapped as a button when connected through the V3 Pedals.

My hand brake reads 100% on the first pull the it will read 90%, 85%, 95%  but never fully 100% after the first initial pull...

is this a  known FW issue  because it does not seem to perform as a hand brake on any system tested.... i just received the hand brake on 02- 11- 2016

There seems to be similar reports in the hand brake thread but as i read through i never saw any solution for the issues with the HB... the HB Thread is now dead it seems...Will this matter of the hand brake be addressed with a fw update or is it a defective product line and i need to return it???  as i stated there seems to be many unresolved issues on the HB thread that is now dead and inactive.
  • "The Fanatec ClubSport Hand Brake features an analog axis and is fully made of metal. The soft foam grip is very ergonomic and you can either connect it to the ClubSport USB adapter or plug it into the ClubSport pedals. If you use it with the pedals it will even be compatible to Forza Motorsport."

CSW v2  FW142,     CSP V3 pedals 

FM6 Hand Brake is Not working at all.

Xbox1 Project cars hand brake seems to operate as the Clutch instead of a hand brake... The Clutch disengages according to how much hand brake is pulled.

PS4  Project Cars  the hand Brake is not recognized and can not be mapped as a button when connected through the V3 Pedals.

My hand brake reads 100% on the first pull the it will read 90%, 85%, 95%  but never fully 100% after the first initial pull...

is this a  known FW issue  because it does not seem to perform as a hand brake on any system tested.... i just received the hand brake on 02- 11- 2016

There seems to be similar reports in the hand brake thread but as i read through i never saw any solution for the issues with the HB... the HB Thread is now dead it seems...Will this matter of the hand brake be addressed with a fw update or is it a defective product line and i need to return it???  as i stated there seems to be many unresolved issues on the HB thread that is now dead and inactive.
    The handbrake not working in pCARS on PS4 will be fixed in the next patch (it's only working now when connected through the USB Adapter).

The XB1 issue is strange, on the pCARS forum I asked you some questions in the general handbrake thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?42254-YES-Fanatec-handbrake-works-in-the-game-can-anyone-confirm
    My handbrake functions the same Grimey,. It registers as 100% then after that I get about 80% unless I reboot the wheel. I believe this to be firmware related, as I can replicate it every time, and, actually reported this a while back (as I was going to return my HB as I thought it was faulty) However after one of the firmware upgrades the issue disappeared, it has returned but I live with it just now. Most noticeable in dirt rally as I use my HB a lot in that game :smile:
  • My handbrake functions the same Grimey,. It registers as 100% then after that I get about 80% unless I reboot the wheel. I believe this to be firmware related, as I can replicate it every time, and, actually reported this a while back (as I was going to return my HB as I thought it was faulty) However after one of the firmware upgrades the issue disappeared, it has returned but I live with it just now. Most noticeable in dirt rally as I use my HB a lot in that game :smile:
    I've notified Armin about this.
  • My handbrake functions the same Grimey,. It registers as 100% then after that I get about 80% unless I reboot the wheel. I believe this to be firmware related, as I can replicate it every time, and, actually reported this a while back (as I was going to return my HB as I thought it was faulty) However after one of the firmware upgrades the issue disappeared, it has returned but I live with it just now. Most noticeable in dirt rally as I use my HB a lot in that game :smile:

Thankx Natalie :x

I really like the Shifter and hand Brake Much Much more than i thought i would!!! the shifter and Hand brake adds a Next level of immersion to any Driving game!!!.... they also look Hella kool tooo :))
    edited February 2016
    Looking good Grimey :smile:
    The shifter is great in dirt rally, however it gets much less use in PCars etc. But it's a really great piece of hardware, simple, well built and fun to use.
    I would like to se V2 have a handbrake button and a lock (like a road vehicle) that would be great simply for aesthetic purposes ;)
    The shifter is without question one of fanatecs best products! solid build quality, feels as close to real as I think is possible, stunning build quality, and as you say the immersion factor is through the roof! My shifter gets a lot of use :smile:
    @Remco, thanks Rem :smile:
    I think Armin knows about it, I think I even posted a video of the issue a while back...
    I may even still have an open case regarding replacing the HB too.
    However once I realised it seemed to be related to certain firmware combinations, and can be resolved by simple rebooting the wheel, I paused any return action.
    It's very simple to replicate, doesn't cause a lot of issue, but is present in the most recent firmware. I forget which firmware resolved it for me, but it was a while back (about a year ago) when I initially reported it.
  • Ohhh.... handbrake! :D *knew it was time to return to these 'forums' ;)

So...is this still a myth or is the handbrake working on the XBox One? (and if so...which firmware ;) )

And anticipating the release of Dirt Rally on the XBox One...will the handbrake work in this game (on the XBox One)?

Btw Grimey: where can I find your latest FFB settings for Project Cars? *I want to try and give that game another go
  • The hand brake is a Sweet piece of Kit... I have Not Gotten it to work in FM6 yet but i think its a FW thing.... Remco has stated that the HB will be working in Pcars with the next update... as of Now the HB will work on PS4 Pcars by plugging the pedals into the PS4 directly... I dont know about how it will or if it will work by plugging the pedals into the XB1.... On Xb1 Pcars the HB can be mapped as a button but it acts as the Clutch. ... Conclusion its a  FW issue

Pcars FFB PDF
  • Thanks for the update and the FFB-file Grimey! (or should I say Lorrel? ;) )

I'm wondering if it will support having the handbrake plugged in the Pedals' circuit-board (I have the V2's who came with a handbrake connector on the circuit board). This all worked perfect on the XBox 360...

• I too am waiting for the xbone handbrake support. I really hope someone gets it working or it at least works with Dirt Rally.
  • Regarding the cs hb in dirt rally: in their latest vlog they said they were working on adding support for the cs hb.
  • There a lot of friends of me, which ask me about the CSL Wheelbase? Products like my V2 Wheelbase are too expensive for them, but they want definetly buy a product from Fanatec and they are still waiting. Is there any things you can tell us?