BLACK FRIDAY: Bundle with CSW B V2 and the new CSL P1 steering wheel

12345679»

Comments

• WILL expected to E3 ........

• Just wondering if anyone has had this problem.

I'm using csw V2 with the csl rim on xbone. I cant get csw base to power up with start button, it only goes straight to bootloader mode. The only way I can power up the base is by restarting the wheel via the firmware update. once I have the base on, I can turn it off with the start button. Then once I turn it off, the start button doesn't work at all! I have to unplug/re-plug the power supply, then go to bootloader mode + restart wheel. The wheel works fine once it's on, it's just really annoying cause I always have to have my laptop close by. 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  • edited March 2016
    As answered on f-wheel: Starting the wheel only requires to push and release the start button, does it go into bootloader mode immediately for you? Normally it only goes into bootloader mode when holding the start button depressed for more than 5 seconds or so.
  • Yeah, just one short press on the start button is enough. It then takes a short while before it starts up. If it goes into boot loader mode after short press...I think you'd better contact support about the problem.
  • Just wondering if anyone has had this problem.

I'm using csw V2 with the csl rim on xbone. I cant get csw base to power up with start button, it only goes straight to bootloader mode. The only way I can power up the base is by restarting the wheel via the firmware update. once I have the base on, I can turn it off with the start button. Then once I turn it off, the start button doesn't work at all! I have to unplug/re-plug the power supply, then go to bootloader mode + restart wheel. The wheel works fine once it's on, it's just really annoying cause I always have to have my laptop close by. 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    I had a similar problem in the past days.

My power supply is always disconnected, so when I plugged the power cord the wheel started. This was strange, because I need to push the button on the base to turn it on. It happens several days, but only saturday I discovered that if I turn the wheel off in the power button it won't turn on again. I needed to unplug the power cord and plug it again and the wheel turn on again.
    More strange is that yesterday it became normal again, probably is some problem with the power button in the CSW v2 base.
    Saturday one time the led switched to white (I think is bootloader mode), but only on time and the wheel was working fine, I played PCars on PS4 and X1 in the past days.

Try giving some slight touch in the power button, to see if it is tight and get loose.
    I'm going to contact Fanatec support about this problem, I advised you to do the same.
  • edited March 2016
    GrimeyDog 9.0 v# RAC 0.85 Fanatec CSW v2PS4
    ***Note i Drive in Car View with Camera Shake on at Default Setting...The Camera Shake and Wheel FFB Syncs Nicely...I suggest turning Camera Shake on so what you see is in Sync with what you feel in the wheel.***
    CSW v2 On Wheel Settings Sen Auto, FFB 80, Sho 100, ABS Off, Lin Off , Dea Off, Dri Off, FOR 100, Spr 100, Dpr 100, (CSP V3 pedals only BrF 30 or to your taste)

Set Pedal sen and Dead Zones to taste... I use

Sat 50%

Dead Zones 0%
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Speed Sensitivity 0
    Controller filtering sensitivity 0
    Damper saturation 0
    Game master FFB (CSW v2) PS4 * 100 * (take Note that GM FFB is subject to change and Need readjustment per Pcars update)
    (With 9.0 GM FFB has No Effect... set GM FFB 100 and forget it until further Notice)

RPM Gear Display Yes
    Controller input 3
    Advanced Off= Steering Feels more Linear, Center of Wheel Feels Calmer.
    Advanced On= Wheel Center is Not Linear, More Road/Bump/Curb feel in Wheel Center, Wheel can Feel Twitchy.
    Soft Steering Damping On
    Visual Wheel Filtering On
    Opposite Lock Help Off

*** Global FFB ***

Tire Force 100

Per Wheel Movement 0.00
    per wheel Squared 0.00

Wheel position Smoothing 0.00
    Dead zone removal range 0.00
    Dead zone Removal fall Off Move full Left then *** 5 *** Clicks Right
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Linkage Scale 0.00
    Linkage Stiffness 1.00 ( i just leave it there the range is 0 so it has No Effect just leave it )
    Linkage damping 0.00
    Relative Adjust Gain 1.00

Relative adjust Bleed

RAC
    0.85 New
    Scoop Knee 0.72

Scoop Reduction
    Soft Clipping(Half input) 0.00
    Soft Clipping(full output) 0.00
    Menu Spring 0.25
    Low Speed Spring Coefficient 0.75
    Low speed Steering saturation 1.00
    Steering gain 1.00

Master Scale 100

FX 10.00 FWD cars

FY 30.00 Road Feel FWD cars 50.00

FZ 60.00 Curb Feel + or - *to taste*

Mz 30.00 New Formula "A" 10.00 ... will vary for different Class Formula cars ...start at 50 Reduce until feel is right for you or 0% oscillation

Fy and Mz being set to samw value with this tweek seems to set the right balance between push and pull within the FFB forces at the wheel.

Arm Angle 1500 or whatever it is Stock as per car

Sop Master Scale 100 ***Can also be set to 0.00 if you prefer No SoP feel*** FWD cars 0.00

SoP Lat 10.0 Lateral Weight Transfer + or -
    *to taste*

SoP Diff
    60.0 Vertical/ Lateral Weight Transfer + or - *to taste*

SoP Damp
    0.0 0

RAC Now 85 in Video... Because of the lower Mz setting i can run RAC up to 90 without the wheel being Too Heavy and weighted or the FFB effects becoming too strong and overbearing ... i chose 85 for now... Testing between RAC 85 and 88 my goal is to stay just a tad below the clipping point while under Max load... Wheel forces are clearly felt and very detailed... also the
    Fy and Mz being set to same value with the new global settings seem to create the right balance between push and pull at the wheel even under heavy FFB and weight transfer.

KTM Bow at watkins short... I chose this car because last i drove it it felt heavy like i was dragging a bag of sand around the corners...

feels really Nice Nice now It was driving this car that really let me know a FFB re tweek was much needed.

Hopefully Nothing Changes with 10.0!!! These settings feel spot on for me. Im very happy with them... much better than my mz 100 tweek

These settings will work on XB1 also but you will have to set the Game Master FFB to get the at the wheel FFB strength that best suites you... The GM FFB for PS4 and XB1 are totally different.