PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• What do you guys make of this?

Quote from head developer of GT Sport: “We plan to continue supporting PS3 wheels, but we also launched new wheels and we hope you’ll buy them.”

Wow! If true those that said GT Sport would NEVER work with existing Fanatec wheels are gonna be wrong. That's great for the user and will definitely add to more sales of the game. Let's hope Kaz is right
  • Yeah, just like with GT 5+6...just choose the Logitech G25 or 27 profile and we're in business ! :))
  • Yeah, just like with GT 5+6...just choose the Logitech G25 or 27 profile and we're in business ! :))
    I hope it's native support but that'd be better than nothing
  • Well...I'm just stating my thoughts on how we were left out with driveclub. Indeed, better than not usable at all
  • edited August 2016

Well...I'm just stating my thoughts on how we were left out with driveclub. Indeed, better than not usable at all
    Drive Club can be updated to work with Fanatec wheels if they Choose to do it... I guess they figure they Made enough $$$ so they have Not done it... I bought a used copy it looks like a really good Game especially after the Last Real Mode physics update... I took it back to Game stop becayse it did Not work with the wheel... The Graphic were Really Good!!!
  • Good news for F1 2016 :

http://f1carsetup.com/index.php?/topic/97682-f1-2016-supported-controllers-wheels/

Fanatec ClubSportWheel v1
    Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2
    Fanatec CSR Elite
    Fanatec CSR
    Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
    Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS2
    Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S

will be supported
  • Yup, yup Thats great news chap :)
  • i wish they would give us some idea of when they expect to on reveal the licenced wheel(s). I'm planning to buy something new but want to make a good choice based on what they have and will be selling soon.
  • Good news for F1 2016 :

http://f1carsetup.com/index.php?/topic/97682-f1-2016-supported-controllers-wheels/

Fanatec ClubSportWheel v1
    Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2
    Fanatec CSR Elite
    Fanatec CSR
    Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
    Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS2
    Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S

will be supported
    This is the 2015 list. The 2016 list has not been posted yet. Codemasters say it will be up in the next few days
  • Too bad ! Are you sure ?
    Where did you get that ? The topic says F1 2016 supported controllers !
  • Just posted now - http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/43835/f1-2016-supported-wheels#latest

Fanatec wheels not supported on PS4. Sorry guys :(
  • Thank you Tom :)

F*** you Codemasters :(

Won't buy the game.

And f*** Crapmaster wheels and f*** Sony.
  • edited August 2016
    This is it, ain't it. This is the start of whats to come..with the other sims.... not a happy bunny, proper been slapped   b-(

• Wish Codemaster would have issued this before i pre-ordered

• Does anyone know if AC is supporting Fanatec on PS4? Cant find anything
  • Mike Gray said:
    Does anyone know if AC is supporting Fanatec on PS4? Cant find anything
    Fanatec's won't be supported on any PS4 title from this point forth unless something drastic changes. The issue is between Sony and Fanatec. I guess the plan is for Fanatec to release a licensed PS4 wheel at some point but this whole situation is a complete kick in the face to Fanatec's existing customer base which had PS4 support via the dev teams and now nothing. I think the issue is that the Fanatec drivers do not work with the current PS4 firmware and Sony are refusing to support new ones. I could be wrong though.

I was also in the F1 2016 closed beta which started over 2 months ago and at no point did my CSR Elite work on the PS4 version so this issue has obviously been prevalent for a while and hasn't been resolved. I had to get a PC beta key to even play the beta.
  • i'm really happy with my csw v2 and csp v3 for f1 2015 and p-cars on ps4 , but do i need to buy a thrustmaster wheel to play f1 2016 and assetto corsa on ps4 ? 

i need a quick answer from fanatec because these two games will be available within 2 weeks.
  • edited August 2016

From Codemasters Blog about F1 2016

Please note

Statement with regards to Fanatec not being on the supported wheel list on PS4:

Codemasters will continue to support officially approved peripherals for PlayStation 4 in F1 2016. We appreciate that this is far from an ideal situation and as always we are making every effort we can to support our community. Sadly this matter is out of our hands, but we will continue our dialogue with both Sony and Fanatec to try to find a solution.

Please, where is the truth? I have a community of exlusive F1 players on Ps4 and 90% of us use Fanatec products... We need a solution, we are all desperate. Really.

• I have taken My PS4 off Auto update!!!! I wilL Not Acceot any further PSN updates until i know for sure that it wont stop My wheel from working with the Games that Currently Now Support Fanatec wheels!!!. I would advise All to do the same... Its better to be able to play off Line only than it is to Not be able to play at all. JMT Im sure the situation will get resolved but i dont want to wait 6 months to a year and cant race Pcars and the other Games it works with even if its only Off Line!!! with the Current F1 2016 News and Fanatec/Sony Situation i will prepair for the worst case scenario which is that Assetto Corsa will Not be able to support Fanatec wheels. Hmmm... Seems like the XB1 Hub is going to be coming out of retirement....Im Glad i did Not Sell it!!! i havent used it in over 6months.
  • This News will Hurt every 1 across the Board!!! The Game Devs will Suffer the Most because they have invested alot of $$$ developing a game that will Sell Many Less copies because if the Lack of Fanatec wheel support, The Consumer Suffers because we Now will Not be able to enjoy games that Many of us have been waiting for!!! but Sony just doesnt care!!! They sold enough PS4's to make them happy but Now Change the rules to go for a $$$ Grab... Its just blatant Extortion!!! Sony will Hurt because the New Call of Dutys Suck and with their New UHD PS4 about to be released they will suffer too because Sim Racers using Fanatec Gear will Not buy it...I dont know if sony will Hurt enough to changes things back to the way things were though?... It could be just a Ploy to Starve Sim Racers of decent Racing titles so the many run to buy GT sport if Fanatec wheels are supported....
  • edited August 2016
    The fact is it is not fair to give compatibility in the first place then take it back.

But they can't take it back for previously released games. Can they ?
    It would be a shame. I love playing Dirt Rally with my Fanatec rim so much !
    =((
  • Hmmm...Looking at Fanatec Face Book... Fanatec will be at the Expo this year... Im sure they will have a few suprises!!! We May wait a little longer than we want to but Thomas/Fanatec has Not let us Down yet!!! Im Pretty sure a Solution is on the Horizon.
  • Hmmm...Looking at Fanatec Face Book... Fanatec will be at the Expo this year... Im sure they will have a few suprises!!! We May wait a little longer than we want to but Thomas/Fanatec has Not let us Down yet!!! Im Pretty sure a Solution is on the Horizon.
    The solution will probably be a new PS4 wheel rim that only works on the V2 and costs £400 like the Xbox version. Whether this is a solution or not depends on if you have £1000 extra to drop on a V2 and rim whilst your previously compatible PS4 wheel sits around and does nothing.
  • The fact is it is not fair to give compatibility in the first place then take it back.

But they can't take it back for previously released games. Can they ?
    It would be a shame. I love playing Dirt Rally with my Fanatec rim so much !
    =((
    I think they can!!! If they update the PS4 but dont include the FW for the Games that currently work with Fanatec wheel to continue working with them then Technically Sony did No wrong... They will Blame the Game Devs and say its up to the Devs to provide Fanatec wheel support for their Games...Sony has to give the game devs the code lines to program in wheel support and if they dont do this the wheels wont work because the Devs were Not given the tools to keep Fanatec wheel support Active with the Current update or the Wheels can be Made to work and perform very poorly so they wont even be worth using. My Best advice Do Not Let your PS4 Auto update!!! Refuse any update until you Know for sure that it will Not Block Your Fanatec Wheel from working... Its better to Race Off Line than it is Not to Race at All.
  • edited August 2016
    Thanks ! I disabled system autoupdate rightaway !
    Hmmm...Looking at Fanatec Face Book... Fanatec will be at the Expo this year... Im sure they will have a few suprises!!! We May wait a little longer than we want to but Thomas/Fanatec has Not let us Down yet!!! Im Pretty sure a Solution is on the Horizon.
    The solution will probably be a new PS4 wheel rim that only works on the V2 and costs £400 like the Xbox version. Whether this is a solution or not depends on if you have £1000 extra to drop on a V2 and rim whilst your previously compatible PS4 wheel sits around and does nothing.

After having already bought more than 2000 € of Fanatec gear (CS base V2, CS pedals V3, CS shifter, CS handbrake, CS Porsche 918 wheel, F1 Formula Black wheel and CS base) it is a little hard to swallow. Especially if I have to buy a new GT wheel AND a new F1 wheel >:P
  • Really???... 
    all this just becuse of one game GTSport (fundamentally) .

Why buy a new wheel just go PC if you haven't already, maybe this is a calling card for us serious sim racers, and if your spending good money on Fanatec Hardware (and it ain't cheap). I would say your pretty serious about your hobby,

Ok going PC isn't really the answer to this problem,and for some of you it's not an option at the moment, think on it tho. but like I say could it be the blessing in disguise to moving another (more serious about your hobby ) platform, time to move on maybe Hmmm ?........

Maybe it's time :) 
  • edited August 2016
    Cannot go PC. My PC is in my office and there is no room to install all my racing gear.
    Would it be possible, it is a pain in the ass to mount/dismount my gear anytime I want to race...
    This is why I went PS4...
  • Yup, I hear you my brother.
    This is the reason I also went PS4 for the simplicity, ease and conveniency of it.

I am also the owner of our Assetto Corsa (Racing Simulator) Community, on PS4.with over a thousand members, And it looks like I may have to just sit by and read the comments on said community while i'm still on PCars :(

But maybe we need to think outside the box :)  
  • edited August 2016
    I feel sorry for you too, mate :)

Anyway, since you speak about thinking outside the box, I am considering of thinking inside the (X) Box (One) !
    ;)

I will still have to buy a new rim and the microsoft console but it's still cheaper than buying a new PC dedicated to simracing !
  • edited August 2016
    I've opened a petition to ask sony and fanatec to restore the support for fanatec wheels