CSL Elite Wheel Base & Pedals

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited August 2016 in Blog

It is my pleasure to introduce our new mid range series: CSL Elite

CSL stands for „ClubSport Light“ and racing fans know that light is good. We essentially used the technology of the ClubSport series and concentrated on pure performance and durability rather than fancy materials or a the prefect finish you know from the ClubSport series.
Of course we also had to cut a few features but on the other side we also added a few innovative features which cannot be found anywhere else.

Therefore the CSL products are 100% Fanatec and state-of-the-art!

You can find the full description on our webshop or in the press release but here are the highlights of the new base and the new pedals. Both products are sold separately and of course they are compatible to most previous Fanatec equipment.

CSL Elite Wheel Base
- Super strong and fast brushless servo motor which delivers 6 NM on the steering axis
- Single belt drive unit with just one belt between axis and motor
- Automotive grade QR system and compatibility to all Fanatec CSL or ClubSport steering wheels
- 1080° of rotation. Good for drifting
- Rev Lights integrated on the base
- Strong table clamp integrated
- 2 shifter ports plus handbrake port. There are CSL Shifters and handbrake also coming up next

CSL Elite Pedals and CSL Elite Pedals Loadcell Kit
- Solid full metal construction
- Basic set comes with two pedals but with the optional Loadcell Kit you add a loadcell brake and transform the former brake pedal into a clutch pedal.
- Great brake feeling even on the basic set as it comes with a strong metal spring and a PU foam damper/spring
- The loadcell brake pedal is actually a big loadcell. The whole arm is the sensor and it measures pedal pressure of up to 90kg. Of Course you can adjust the brakeforce during gameplay.
- Travel and stiffness of the LC brake can be easily and quickly adjusted without the need of tools
- You can choose between 3 surfaces for your pedal plates. Blank metal, rubber or a sandpaper anti-skid patch

My team has worked a long time and very hard to bring those products to the market. I am very proud of them and also my thanks goes to the feedback of all testers and the community for telling us what you really want and need.

And finally a word to the PlayStation situation. We know that a lot of people want to know what the status is but we cannot announce anything before the contract is signed. We have a good relationship with Sony but we need to follow the rules and although there are absolutely no points of disagreement, sometimes things takes a while because of procedures and work flows. I am confident that we can announce a PS4 Version of this Wheel base soon.

Comments

• Very nice to finally see the end product. But Thomas...don't you mean a PS4 Edition in stead of a PS4 base....the way you pronounce it now looks like people have to buy a whole new BASE and wheel to play on PS4....I own both consoles and that means switching bases ????
  • Great products!!! wohoo 6NM!!!!! I am impressed :-)
  • Very nice to finally see the end product. But Thomas...don't you mean a PS4 Edition in stead of a PS4 base....the way you pronounce it now looks like people have to buy a whole new BASE and wheel to play on PS4....I own both consoles and that means switching bases ????
    Are we on the same page now? Do you read me? Can you hear me loud and clear? Has the penny dropped yet?! Are we singing from the same hymn sheet, and finally...I told you so. But I must congratulate you on questioning and suggesting a typo from Thomas - brilliant :)
    Are we on the same page now? Do you read me? Can you hear me loud and clear? Has the penny dropped yet?! Are we singing from the same hymn sheet, and finally...I told you so. But I must congratulate you on questioning and suggesting a typo from Thomas - brilliant :)
    hahahaha
  • Mark...we're still not on the same shizzle...we'll see who gets the last laugh....the base does nothing to support PS4...inside info ;)
  • JIUN HUNG LINJIUN HUNG LIN Member
    edited August 2016
    So,CSW V2 is not compatible with ps4?

I can't believe you would do this to us.

What's wrong with you?
  • I believe Fanatec will have to do same as Thrustmaster and make a PC / PS4 base. I really hope I'm wrong but I doubt it. Thrustmaster is probably mad that Thomas figured out a better way i.e. rims instead of bases. They want level playing ground. It's a shame if that's the case. And you'd better believe it's not Thomas's choice to do it that way if that's the end result.
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited August 2016
    So,CSW V2 is not compatible with ps4?

What's wrong with you?

You're directing this to Sony correct? Because they are at fault. If you've followed the situation at all you'd know they (Sony) changed the rules. Nothing Fanatec could do.
  • CSLE product description PlayStation®: This product is not compatible to any PlayStation® console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility.
  • But it'll still be the same base. Only difference...CSL E X1 holds firmware only for the X1 and the other ONLY for PS4...lol And yeah...if you put it that way...could be the case...too bad. And Mark...if that IS gonna be the case...my apologies to you !!
  • Well, technically applying a different wheel isn't necessarily upgrading the base, and neither is updating the firmware.
  • I am still confused...    Will the CSW v2 Base support a PS4 compatible wheel when it comes out?
  • He can't say until contracts signed Alfonso
  • edited August 2016
    Well, technically applying a different wheel isn't necessarily upgrading the base, and neither is updating the firmware.
    Yeah...but if I spend some time to think of it...they can build in some kind of security line in the fw, so that you can only update the base with the right platform fw.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    edited August 2016
    I can already confirm that the CSW will not be compatible with PS4 on any new games. This is part of the Agreement with Sony and enables us to get a license for PS4. There will probably be a dedicated CSL Elite base for PS4 but I cannot confirm anything until the contracts are signed.

We are not making those rules
  • edited August 2016
    OMG...they didn't even wanna go with a completely new PS rim for the V2? That sucks big time... Then my PS goes bye bye...I ain't gonna buy another CSL E PS version too if I'm used to the quality of my V2 So I'll be joining Grimey too, soon I hope, on the dark side....I'll also gonna step over to PC racing. Cause I really hate the FFB on the X1. Thank you for being this honest about the situation Thomas.
  • So,CSW V2 is not compatible with ps4?

What's wrong with you?

You're directing this to Sony correct? Because they are at fault. If you've followed the situation at all you'd know they (Sony) changed the rules. Nothing Fanatec could do.
    I don't understand. FANATEC say "they will  announce a PS4 Version of  this wheel base soon".

Is "This wheel base"  the same as CSL elite wheel base's levels?

Fanatec say they made hi-end products.Now,like THRUSTMASTER made cheaper products.

What is "hello realism,goodbye toys"?
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited August 2016
    Fanatec say they made hi-end products.Now,like THRUSTMASTER made cheaper products.

Try it first. Then make your judgement ;-)
  • Armin IS right...try it before judging it..I did ;)
  • Witch slogan wins?
  • I can already confirm that the CSW will not be compatible with PS4 on any new games. This is part of the Agreement with Sony and enables us to get a license for PS4. There will probably be a dedicated CSL Elite base for PS4 but I cannot confirm anything until the contracts are signed.

That is really a slap in the face for every CSW V2 owner. Bought this not cheap thing and now I can use it as a door stop. Buying a new base which is under the CSW for playing on PS4 is not an option. When I move to the PC, the next thing is a DD wheel.I was really a fan of this German company but I can´t support it any further. I´m no longer paying the bill for broken announcements or promises.
  • Fanatec say they made hi-end products.Now,like THRUSTMASTER made cheaper products.

Try it first. Then make your judgement ;-)

I will buy fanatec's new wheel base for ps4.

I hope the new wheel base's name is CSW base V3.

And hope new wheel base can work on ps4,xbox one and next generation.

I don't like switch wheel base.
  • I can already confirm that the CSW will not be compatible with PS4 on any new games. This is part of the Agreement with Sony and enables us to get a license for PS4. There will probably be a dedicated CSL Elite base for PS4 but I cannot confirm anything until the contracts are signed.

That is really a slap in the face for every CSW V2 owner. Bought this not cheap thing and now I can use it as a door stop. Buying a new base which is under the CSW for playing on PS4 is not an option. When I move to the PC, the next thing is a DD wheel.I was really a fan of this German company but I can´t support it any further. I´m no longer paying the bill for broken announcements or promises.
    Then be mad at Sony. They are the ones that said CSWv2 would work if devs wanted to support it. With that info Thomas put PS4 as compatible. If Sony would've stated from the start of PS4 that it required a license Thomas wouldn't have listed PS4 as compatible. This is.100% Sonys doing and Sonys fault. PERIOD. You don't have to agree but it's the facts.
  • edited August 2016
    I can already confirm that the CSW will not be compatible with PS4 on any new games. This is part of the Agreement with Sony and enables us to get a license for PS4. There will probably be a dedicated CSL Elite base for PS4 but I cannot confirm anything until the contracts are signed.

Hello Thomas, now explain to me what I do with my csw purchased two weeks ago? I only have a ps4 and I can not afford a PC at the time. I'm really angry and disappointed.
  • any word on auto clutch feature for forza?

Then be mad at Sony. They are the ones that said CSWv2 would work if devs wanted to support it. With that info Thomas put PS4 as compatible. If Sony would've stated from the start of PS4 that it required a license Thomas wouldn't have listed PS4 as compatible. This is.100% Sonys doing and Sonys fault. PERIOD. You don't have to agree but it's the facts.
    The problem is that nobody cares if I´m mad or not. Neither Sony nor Fanatec, the looser in this game is always the customer. The only thing I can do is to learn my lesson and not wasting any money for products of both companies.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited August 2016
    Hello Thomas, now explain to me what I do with my csw purchased two weeks ago? I only have a ps4 and I can not afford a PC at the time. I'm really angry and disappointed.
    Hi,

I am sorry but why did you buy the CSW V2 if PS4 is the only platform you're having? The product description and FAQs are pretty clear about PS4 support. 

@ Jeremy Mullin
    A little bit off topic, right? ;-)
    But I can tell you that an auto clutch feature is a macro function. XBO licence rules are clearly saying that macro functions are prohibited to be built in. Therefore the function cannot be build it in without clear confirmation from MS that this rule is obsolete and that such a macro may be integrated. Fanatec did not yet receive such a statement.

OMG that really SUCKS.
  • I spent $ 1,200 just two weeks ago ... I want to cry
  • And I'm thinking....you're not the only one