Steering Wheel Survey

Comments

• Other!

Fanatec, please make a Rim with WRC stile shift paddle.

Pull for gear up and Push for gear down. :)
  • I'd like to see an F1 rim that can be used on the XB1.  I want to buy the carbon formula for the PC, but I don't really play much on the PC so I'm not sure it's worth the $249.99.  Looks amazing though.  I'm not interested in some bolt on for the hub either, I would prefer a stand alone wheel that works with the XB1.

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited September 2016
    A replica F1 rim would be great 8->
    Working paddle clutch, dials buttons and switches would be very impressive.

A Fanatec branded one would be fine for me :)

Ohh that reminds me, I just started going through my pics of the German F1 GP, so while its not my best image (by any stretch of the imagination) heres one just for fun. Resized for the web, click for larger preview)

:)

• DTM, F1 and Sport cars are disciplines that require specific wheels, Would be great to have the maximum variety for all them tastes And the current rings continue working with ps4 please The steering wheel of the porsche 919 "hybrid are can tell that is a steering wheel perfect." has all what is need in a steering wheel of careers, the display with them data and the position of all those buttons is perfect. A work of art worthy of a replica yours. And information: http://www.abc.es/motor/reportajes/abci-24-botones-sobre-volante-coche-carreras-201605121038_noticia.html Regards.
  • edited September 2016
    Even knowing there is already a formula wheel for sell in the store, a budget formula wheel for the CSL i think would be a good option, plus an alcantara Rally/GT steering wheel in a lower price point, cause how you look now, the formula rim is about 75% of the CSL base and the BMW rim is almost the price of the CSL base, excluding the hub available that is even at a higher price point.

So in summary:

- Cheaper Formula Rim for the CSL
     - Cheaper Alcantara Rally/GT option for the CSL

I my opinion, while being a real car copy is a nice feature, if not having to it means a lower price point im up for it.
    Besides, look at the formula wheel made already by fanatec, looks really nice. So i trust them to go with a nice design hehe.

Just a side note, the shifter paddles (CSL P1), try to improve the feeling on the shifter paddles, i would like to feels the gear shift more, and more positive click, not by sound but by feeling.
  • Sami MuradSami Murad Member
    edited September 2016

I would like a small and light GT/GT3 Rim like the BMW Rim but not so heavy and little bit smaller diameter like 300mm-310mm

I also like Classic Car Racing Rims but i think the market is not big enough for that. But possible it will be grow up with the New GT Legends Title.  :)

GT Rim Example 

• A wheel for csw v2 to be compatibile with ps4
  •  Clio cup or  leon cup or similar Rim compatib. with boths platforms, like this:

•  Clio cup or  leon cup or similar Rim compatib. with boths platforms, like this:

Wow, i do like that, feels spot on, maybe some extra buttons to be able to tweak the settings etc, but that seems a nice alternative, plus it would feel right on the GT's and for rally i think hehe
  • Please, please, please make a universal hub for PS4. It's the only thing missing from all my sim racing gear.
    Etwas in diese Richtung wäre schon nett. Nur die Konsolen-Besitzer hätten wohl nicht viel von dem Display. 
  • I would like a hub for the playstation if it has more joysticks and features than the xbox one hub, otherways I would prefer a rim like the BMW or the PORSCHE because they have two joysticks, encoder and a lot of buttons. Don't care if it's a licensed rim or not if it gets cheaper for that reason, as long as it is the same build quality as the BMW and PORSCHE rims,  but only if it makes the csw base v2 completely compatible to playstation.......
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited September 2016
    Etwas in diese Richtung wäre schon nett. Nur die Konsolen-Besitzer hätten wohl nicht viel von dem Display. 
    This is exactly what i would choose IF a PS4HUB (for the CSWv2) is off the books.

A replica F1 Rim would be very good indeed (with built in display). The current F1 rims are great, but something like that ^^ would be incredibly immersive and involving.

Speaking of F1 ;)
    Heres another pic from the German F1GP that I took of a Bull running past (again not my best, resized for web, click for larger preview)

This is exactly what i would choose IF a PS4HUB (for the CSWv2) is off the books.

A replica F1 Rim would be very good indeed (with built in display). The current F1 rims are great, but something like that ^^ would be incredibly immersive and involving.

Speaking of F1 ;)
    Heres another pic from the German F1GP that I took of a Bull running past (again not my best, resized for web, click for larger preview)

Exactly my choice, if supported by consoles. Would prefer it on PS4 since the PS4 is more open, more options with the button layout/choices. But if something like this would become available on the XB1 and working it's a sure buy. 

Point of interest is how depending we are on implementation of all the nice features by the game devs. A nice and fancy wheel is one thing, but if it's not supported by the games, what's the use.
  • edited September 2016
    An official Audi or Audi sport steering wheel will be a dream for a fan !
    Like the R8 or the R8 LMS for exemple...

• An official Audi or Audi sport steering wheel will be a dream for a fan !
    Like the R8 or the R8 LMS for exemple...

Uh yes we definitely need one street car wheel without shift lights etc. Assetto Corsa has so many great street cars, something like that Audi R8 rim would be perfect to drive those street cars
  • Hello , and congratulations on your new wheel FANATEC I love a wheel like the Porsche 918 and formula 1 compatible with Xbox one and pc
  • I am perfectly happy with my Porsche 918 RSR and Formula carbon rims. I would like Fanatec to bring a DD wheelbase, with the same quick release, so I can keep using both of them... ;-) If a DTM style wheel reaches the shelves, I'd be happy to buy that too.
  • GT rim Porsche If is possible and in Alcântara of corse. The BMW GT2 Wheel is to heavy and big. Ps: (28cm) is small, 30cm is the right ting. Porsche GT3 rim Alcântara with 30cm for PS4/CSL is a perfect option. ( Lighter and smaller than a BMW GT2 rim) Later F1 rim it will be great too. :smiley:
  • edited September 2016
    Hellooo Tommy a bit late to the round table. But for my penny's worth and it will probably never happen as Aston is a tad coy about thier brand but a recent GT3 wheel would be nice and even ....Hell no it's no way gonna be possible the Vulcan Wheel, I think it would look so damn sweet imo  :x 

• Frank LehmannFrank Lehmann Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm really hoping for a revised Universal hub for PC. The general idea for the Universal hub to mount aftermarket rims is fantastic, but the technical design was a bit cumbersome. Why the need to open the hub to connect all the wires. Some connectors on the outside would be much more handy. I had to disassemble the Hub twice and it was quite tricky for me to put it all together. Will never open it again, because of that mess.

And i never understood, why i couldn't purchase an additional button box for the hub. 5 possible connections inside the hub, but only 4 button boxes.

Some finetuning of the technical design, 2 additional paddles (e.g. for clutch) and perhaps some different options for the buttonboxes (e.g. colored buttons) would be great for a Universal hub 2.0.
  • mir wäre viel wichtiges dass auf der XBox One endlich mal alle Tasten zur Verfügung stehen würden.
    Dass die LEDs am P1 Lenkrad auf der Xbox nicht funktionieren finde ich auch sehr ärgerlich.

ich weiß es liegt nicht an Fanatec sondern an Microsoft, aber ich hab leider keinen Kontakt zu MS und kann da nichts machen.
    Es wäre also super wenn ihr euch auch um dieses Thema bemühen könnt.

Denn es nervt schon wenn man gute aber halt auch teure Produkte kauft und die dann nur eingeschränkt nutzen kann :(
    und jetzt bitte keine Kommentare man soll halt auf den PC wechseln......
  • Tomáš KrálTomáš Král Member
    edited September 2016
  • GT rim Porsche If is possible and in Alcântara of corse. The BMW GT2 Wheel is to heavy and big. Ps: (28cm) is small, 30cm is the right ting. Porsche GT3 rim Alcântara with 30cm for PS4/CSL is a perfect option. ( Lighter and smaller than a BMW GT2 rim) Later F1 rim it will be great too. :smiley:

Im not with you on that, i love my fanatec bmw rim with 32cm alcantara, i came from thrustmaster ferrari 599 rim wich is 30 cm 

• edited September 2016
    Ich warte schon sehnsüchtig auf ein Formula 1 Replica Rim.
    Mit den ganzen Encodern, Display und ganz wichtig der Kupplung am Lenkrad.
    War eigentlich der festen Überzeugung das da schon was bei euch in der Pipeline ist, nachdem Assetto Corsa das Red Pack DLC auf den Markt gebracht hat.
    Hatte auf ein Formel 1 Lenkrad zur Weihnachtszeit gehofft.
    Ich habe derzeit einen Universal Hub, das 918 RSR und das Formula Wheel Rim, und damit sind ja schon viele Fahrzeuge abgedeckt, gerade durch den Universal Hub.
    Von daher ist meiner Meinung nach ein voll funktionstüchtiges Formel 1 Lenkrad die sinnvollste Erweiterung eurer Produktpalette.

• I agree with many of the fine comments made already, I have a carbon F1 wheel, unfortunately I found out that it is not compatible with PS4 F16, but I would love to see further development go into a more updated wheel with an LCD screen, 4 paddles (2 for clutch) and different coloured buttons and rotors (Bright fluro colours), I don't think buttons should have printing on them, however you might be able to sell vinyl printed rings that could be put around the buttons with Pit, Talk, Info, Right, Left, DRS, Pause, etc as people like to set their wheel up to how they like it.  Of course all of these updates are only great if they can work on the games, or would I have to bite the bullet and buy a gaming PC...  Keep up the amazing work and innovation !!

I love this wheel, OMG I don't care what it cost I would have to have it...

• Hello Fanatic, firstly - please please please sort out the PS4 licence... I have had the CS system from day1 and played the F1 series of games since Codemasters produced the games. You cannot understand the sorrow we feel until deprived. I have had to spend over £400 to buy your competitors wheel system to be able to play F1 2016. I want to come back desperately as my online buddy doesn't have the money to switch, and frankly yours are better... please please bite the bullet... Secondly, its about time we had a new F1 rim incorporating the LCD panel. You did a fantastic job of the first one without any branding, incorporating all the elements of the "then" current line up and we trust you will do the same with a second. Obviously PS4 compatibility is a pre-requesit.
  • How about a new firmware for the CSWV2 Now that it doesn't work on PS4, an Xbox1 specific firmware with ACL reintroduced from the CSR Elite would be nice. Put some smiles back on some of your customers faces at least. Thanks in advance ;-)
    I can confirm this isn't the case, the CSW works in Driveclub even