Steering Wheel Survey

Comments

• How about a new firmware for the CSWV2 Now that it doesn't work on PS4, an Xbox1 specific firmware with ACL reintroduced from the CSR Elite would be nice. Put some smiles back on some of your customers faces at least. Thanks in advance ;-)
    great idea. 

on the Fanatec homepage is indeed "The feature (ACL) is not available for Xbox One products since MS prohibits the use of "macros" for XBO hardware." But somehow can not quite true because at Thrustmaster TX there is indeed an ACL function

• An official F1 wheel with available functions for Xbox one!
  • edited September 2016
    I don't know what happened to everything I typed the first time when I pressed "post comment", but it all disappeared except for the first sentence. That being said, I'm not going to type all of that up again. Long story short, there's a lot of the wheels I like, but the one thing that has kept me from getting any of them. PS4 Support. My main system is not supported, so I can no longer justify to spend money on your product. What I have works for now, and will get me by till I can build a PC. I had a PS3 before, and upgraded my system to PS4, and bought everything I currently own now, because I saw PS4 was supported. Then it all changed, and I got screwed. All of this was before the xbox one Universal hub was released, or else I would have upgraded to the ONE instead. Universal hub for PS4 & PC. That's it. 
  • XB1 wheel for the CSR Elite wheel base would be nice ;)
  • James ArmentiJames Armenti Member
    edited September 2016
    XB1 wheel for the CSR Elite wheel base would be nice ;)
    Keep dreaming!!  I once dreamed that they'd release a better option than the toy wheel rim that it came with .. like  an automotive grade GT rim for it (not F1 rim)  Ended up giving up and did it myself!
  • Lightweight GT wheel would be great! Univ hub+GT rim is not bad, but would consider changing it to a lighter version if it would be available. I also have flat1 rim for univ hub, and it is sharper in ffb details...
  • edited September 2016
    amazing.   image

porsche 919 hybrid.  (the perfect wheel)
  • 1 Hub PLayStation 4 2 Hub PlayStation 4
  • Plz, plz , plz, sort out the licence, for Sony, I am devastated, I can not use my CSI, rim, on the the f1 2016, game, on ps4, many thx.my suggestion for a new wheel rim, would be f1 style, with a large led, display, like the current ones
  • edited September 2016
    After two weeks, I'm sick of complaining about Sony and the Playstation 2 ect. the question of the forum was: what wheel we want. the question was not what we think of Sony and Sony Fanatec without a license. I understand the frustration, but as PC users have absolutely nothing to do with Xbox or Playstation . perhaps these complaints must be in a separate block. So back to the topic
  • XB1 wheel for the CSR Elite wheel base would be nice ;)
    They have 1 its called the p1 which works great for xbox, not so much for pc.

I voted above but i would love a non branded f1 rim with lcd display. I say non branded so the price stays reasonable but would love it to be a close replica to a current f1 rim with all them buttons and knobs.
  • James ArmentiJames Armenti Member
    edited September 2016
    John Viel said:
    XB1 wheel for the CSR Elite wheel base would be nice ;)
    They have 1 its called the p1 which works great for xbox, not so much for pc.

I voted above but i would love a non branded f1 rim with lcd display. I say non branded so the price stays reasonable but would love it to be a close replica to a current f1 rim with all them buttons and knobs.

I think you missed where he said "CSR Elite base"... they only ever released 1 optional wheel rim for it (f1 rim) before completely discontinuing it!
  • Thought he was referring to the recently announced CSL Elite base. Reading fail.
  • edited September 2016
    I personally do not have a specific wheel rim or rim style that i can really think of...

The only thing i would request is to steer clear of Branding... Porsche, Ferrari, BMW etc... I would rather that Fanatec spend the extra $$$ that it cost for using any 1 of these big brand logos and use it to add Extra features to the Wheels...Ex: LCD screens with back lighting, More rotary encoder switches, maybe even a carbon Fiber Fanatec Branded wheel...

For Me Branding makes No difference and is just seems very awkward and Odd that I'm Racing in a BMW, Corvette or Ferrari with a Porsche rim.

My Vote is to Stay away from any out side branding... I happen to think the Fanatec Logo will Look Great on all Fanatec Products... The F logo on My formula black Rim is every bit as good as the Porcshe Logo on My 918 rim.

after all you are selling Sim racing Gear to car Enthusiast...The car company's should pay You to put their logo on you Excellent Products!!! its Free advertising and May generate extra sales for them because your selling sim gear to sim racers.
  • Using a VR headset, I can't see the beauty of my 918 rim. But I still can feel how amazing it is. Honestly I don't have a clear idea of what could be a perfect VR rim, but I am sure that the future of sim racing is VR, so could be a good idea to invest in R&D to find what will be must have VR rim features:)
  • Would love a Volvo wheel :)
    Maybe a classic Volvo P1800 wheel? Or a newer one. Licensing issues shouldn't be a problem as I should know some people who can make it happen if there was interest :)
  • Rami AholaRami Ahola Member
    edited September 2016
    Little hint to Fanatec's direction, if you at some point think that it would be possible to put some kind of sale from Un.hub Xbox and similar products, I would straight away buy few more of them. How about little sale for us who has bought numerous items from you during these years.

Would gladly buy more hubs but present price is little bit too steep.

edit.And about dd-base in the future, hopefully all kind of compability issues and all (like PS4...) have solved already before hand.
  • i don't give a crap about the rim anymore with VR. as long as it feels good. 

I'll take a direct drive base though. 
  • Unlicensed F1 rim with display would be my top priority. The coolest thing would be a rim with a place in the middle, where you could exchange all Logos from the F1 Teams as a plastic badge (all included in the package). Like this you could change badges, when you change Teams in an F1 Game like GP4 or F1 201X.

So it would actually be an F1 licensed product but not a special team wheel replica. But of course that is just wishful thinking, because I guess the licensing deal with FOM would be hard to get.
  • I also agree with a VR oriented wheel, which would be another choice if I had one, 
  • edited September 2016
    Wouldnt it be better if there was a wheel, and it works on the xbox one with a xbox one chip, or on a PS4 with a PS4 chip, or on the PC with no chip.
    That way, Fanatec just makes one version of each wheel and sell's the (xboxone or PS4 ) chips separately.......
    And any real racing wheel with or without branding would be great...

• Thomas, if I may be so bold as to suggest the following.

Is there a way we could get a spline adapter so we can use factory steering wheels? Or at least have spline adapters for more popular wheels? That way we could buy second hand factory wheels of popular cars/brands. :)

Also next to wheels, and I've talked about this with you in the past, I would like to see the indicator and whiper stalks for behind the steering wheel. These are just little button boxes that every car has and will be very useful to have. ;)
  • Formula rim (preferably with LCD display) for Xbox. This is something that is missing right now and there is no way to drive formula cars.
  • A new stable firmware who runs Assetto Corsa (PC) properly. Apps and data displays don't work with this simulator. Unacceptable.
  • A new stable firmware who runs Assetto Corsa (PC) properly. Apps and data displays don't work with this simulator. Unacceptable.
    wait, what's your problem here?
    What do you mean with "apps and data displays"?
    If you mean the rev leds and the gear indicator lcd of the rim - AC simply has no biuld in support for these features of the CSW.
    In order to use those features you must install FanaLEDs for example.
    That's no Firmware issue of the CSW, it's simply not implemented by the AC devs.
    AC is running absolutely fine with both actual stable firmware and newest available beta 176.

And btw, this is a thread of a steering wheel survey, so please do not go off topic here.. ;)