Fanatec Beta (RC) Driver v260 (incl. new firmwares) [06/10/2016]

Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
This is the latest BETA driver/firmware package for our current product line-up. 
In fact this is a release candidate driver for the launch of our new products! It has been successfully tested so far with great results.

Please only use this new test software if you have extended knowledge about your Fanatec devices, driver and firmware installation processes. You should be capable of reverting driver/firmware versions if you are having issues AFTER you provided such important feedback.

There is no official support for beta software. Of course we will help you out if you reverted driver and/or firmware when the issue should not be resolved. Please post your results in this forum thread!

Supported devices: 
Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base (new firmware included)
Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base v2 (new firmware included)
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S (Firmware 756 / available separately in product download section)
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 (Firmware 756 / available separately in product download section)
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 v2 (Firmware 756 / available separately in product download section)
Fanatec CSR (Firmware 756 / available separately in product download section)
Fanatec CSR (Firmware 756 / available separately in product download section)
CS USB Adapter (handbrake or shifter firmware / new firmware included)

All types of Fanatec Pedals can be used by connecting them to those Fanatec Wheels and Wheel Bases (except the original wireless Porsche Wheel Turbo Pedals). 
Supported USB pedal sets:
CSP V1/V2
CSP V3 (New firmware included)
CSR Elite Pedals

If you find any issues please post clear steps how the issue can be reproduced.

Please make sure that you mention as much information as possible (products/hardware involved, OS version, FW version, etc.) when you are describing problems with the new software. Videos/screenshots might ge a great help to analyze the issue.

If you are finding firmware issues, make sure that they are unrelated to the driver (install an older version).

If you are finding driver issues, make sure that they are not related to the firmware (install older firmware and use the new driver without updating again.

New firmwares included:
   - CSW V2 Base: CSW_V2_Base_V204_rev787_app
   - CSW V1 Base: CSW_Base_V205_rev788_app
   - CSL E Base : CSL_E_Base_V206_rev790_app
   - CSL EP LCK : CSL_EP_LCK_01V09_rev065_app

New features included for CSW V1, CSW V2 and CSL E WB:
If you connect pedals which support dynamic BRF (= brakeforce adjustable in tuning menu; CSP V3, CSL E P incl. LoadCell), you will see the brake force on your rev-leds while you are in the BRF setting. Of course this is not possible using UH(X).

Since there have been too many changes in firmwares and driver, containing a lot of internal information, we are not able to provide a changelog this time.

Thank you and have fun testing!

Comments

• Only Has 1 hour or so using this New FW but so far its Good... I like the New BRF feature...Alot!!! Realy Gives a Good Measurement on Brake pedal!!! This will Really Help when setting set BRF. Kudos!!!
  • Is there a changelog available?
  • edited October 2016
    Is there a changelog available?
    "Since there have been too many changes in firmwares and driver, containing a lot of internal information, we are not able to provide a changelog this time."
  • Ooops.... didn't noticed the hint regarding changelog.
  • I have been using the New FW a Few days... Soo Far all seems well...No PC crashes, No wheel Disconnects. The thing i Notice is that the New FW does Not Feel as Smooth as the Last FW... Were the FFB parameters Re adjusted??? Wheel Feels stronger and more Jarring/Clunky when Hitting Curbs, Bumps or Rumble strips... I have been testing with Pcars.
  • edited October 2016
    I got my V3's yesterday and was really annoyed with the firmware when it killed my pedals. Customer support's email link has led me here and I will try this firmware when I get home.
    This Beta driver needs to be offered as a secondary driver on the main downloads page because everyone is going to have this problem and like me they will want to send the d*mn things back. This page does not come up in any google searches about firmware for V3 pedals. Please give this some thought before you start off on the wrong foot with new customers.

Fingers crossed that this works for me!
  • I got my V3's yesterday and was really annoyed with the firmware when it killed my pedals. Customer support's email link has led me here and I will try this firmware when I get home.
    This Beta driver needs to be offered as a secondary driver on the main downloads page because everyone is going to have this problem and like me they will want to send the d*mn things back. This page does not come up in any google searches about firmware for V3 pedals. Please give this some thought before you start off on the wrong foot with new customers.

Fingers crossed that this works for me!
    Strange??? What exactly happend with your Pedals??? I have Had No Pedal issues that were DR/FW related. 1)Have you Rebooted your PC 2)Have you Connected Pedals Directly to PC to update Pedal FW also??? Pedal FW will Not update through the wheel.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited October 2016
    This Beta driver needs to be offered as a secondary driver on the main downloads page because everyone is going to have this problem and like me they will want to send the d*mn things back. 
    Hi Christian,

of course we will offer this driver + firmwares on the main download pages as soon as it was tested in public (bigger user base) successfully. There is no way we will provide the files on the main Fanatec page without reasonable amount of testing. Sadly we cannot modify Googles search algorithm. 
    Our support is available via live chat ~12 hours every day and they can re-direct customers fast and easy to this download page if the new driver and/or firmwares could help in there case.

I don't think that everybody will have this problem. We did not expect that customer will install an older firmware over the new firmware which might already be on the pedals. Now we will prevent this from happening but of course we can't do that without a driver update. This is another issue which has been addressed with the latest software package.

I can't see that we are doing things wrong here. "Just" as good and efficient as possible. Hope that you can agree to that with this additional information.

All the best,
    Armin
  • edited October 2016
    Hi Armin,

Is it possible that you could post the HEX files so that reverting to the last wheel FW is possible without uninstalling the New 260 driver???

I find that the only way to go back to the previous FW is to uninstall the complete 260 Driver then Reinstall the complete old driver and reflash the wheel...

with the DR_260 and new FW i would like to Roll back to FW_176 but when i push connect wheel, then i try to find and load the FW_176 HEX file this can not be done because i can not locate the HEX file.... This would make testing between the 2 wheel FW Much easier.

IMO i think the DR_250/FW_176 was Smoother than the New FW... maybe the FFB parameters were adjusted??? the New Dr_260 FW when going over curbs,Bumps, and weight transfer it feels like the the FFB is More Jarring/Harsher than before...feels like the FFB kicks in very sharp and abrupt as if its Not as well balanced as it is with 176... but i can Not accurately test this to make a pin point decision because rolling back the FW is just too much work if i have to uninstall every time i want to test and compare FW to give notes.

thanks

Edit; I am currently testing the New DR_260 on PC and PS4 with Project cars...For me it seems that Dr_250/FW 176 has a better balance between Subtle and harsher FFB forces.  

IMO Dr_250/FW 176 as far as feel with the games i tested for PC... Pcars, Assetto Corsa, Race Room experience, Dirt rally FW 176 Feel was very Close to Perfect.... PS4 Pcars,Dirt rally the FW 176 performs the same as well.... as i Noted The New Dr_260/ FW feels good also but it seems that the balance between Subtle and Stronger FFB Forces are Not as balanced as they were with DR_250/FW_176.

But then again maybe its just all in My Head too...LOL!!!
    Can you verify if FFB Parameters were readjusted with the New FW???
  • OK, the 260 driver worked first time and now the pedals show up in the Fanatec game controller window.

Thank you all for the comments and I fully understand why a Beta driver is not listed but this Beta driver is better than no driver! At least it now works.
    There may not be many cases of this problem so far and maybe it's only Windows 10 64bit related (i heard a windows update has caused it) but I'm guessing there are or will be a lot more. I managed to find a posting from a few people in the last 10 days that experienced the same issue.

I'm not here to fuss, whine or cry and I love all of my Fanatec hardware but at least make the beta software easier to find and put a BIG warning on it.............like Nvidia and many other companies do.

You all take care, I'm off to drive the hell out of these things :-)
  • Ok new FW hmmm
  • Hi,
    installed the new beta and tested with iracing. sadly, with this driver/firmware i lost FFB during an iracing session when the session switched from qualifying to race.
    first time ever that this happened since i bought the v2 base last year.
    unfortunately i had to update iracing as well. so not sure which update was responisible :-(

br
  • Hello,

I am in the same boat (or car) as Christian.  I received my V3 pedals this afternoon. Downloaded the software, updated the firmware directly by USB and now the V3 Pedals are not recognized. Uninstalled and reinstalled the main version of the driver with no change. Then I found this page and downloaded the Beta version... still no luck. I've sent in a request for support, but I'm really disappointed with the immediate fail of the pedals. This is my first Fanatec product and this is not the way to kick things off. I'll post back if/when I get a solution. From what I've read I suspect this has something to do with a Windows 10 update, but still, this kinda sucks.
  • I feel for you Chris, hang in there buddy you'll get a fix soon enough. And when you do I am sure you'll be happy
    Hello,

I am in the same boat (or car) as Christian.  I received my V3 pedals this afternoon. Downloaded the software, updated the firmware directly by USB and now the V3 Pedals are not recognized. Uninstalled and reinstalled the main version of the driver with no change. Then I found this page and downloaded the Beta version... still no luck. I've sent in a request for support, but I'm really disappointed with the immediate fail of the pedals. This is my first Fanatec product and this is not the way to kick things off. I'll post back if/when I get a solution. From what I've read I suspect this has something to do with a Windows 10 update, but still, this kinda sucks.
    Hi Chris,

I am pretty sure that you "updated" to an older firmware version which caused this problem. Like I said before it can cause problems downgrading the firmware if the pedal set was produced with a newer firmware version. We will prevent that with the new drivers/firmwares. Please just move to our support chat. I am pretty sure your problem will be solved really fast.

THX!
  • I have been using the New FW a Few days... Soo Far all seems well...No PC crashes, No wheel Disconnects. The thing i Notice is that the New FW does Not Feel as Smooth as the Last FW... Were the FFB parameters Re adjusted??? Wheel Feels stronger and more Jarring/Clunky when Hitting Curbs, Bumps or Rumble strips... I have been testing with Pcars.
    That is interesting,

i upgraged mine today and i am with you that the ffb definetly feels stronger, but i think it feels a lot smoother then with the beta firmware i had on before (176)... especially in iRacing with the GT3 Audi under braking, the ABS would make my wheel rattle and clunk very hard, hard enough that i honestly didn't want to race it anymore because i was afraid it would brake my wheel...

Now with the new firmware it still is rattles quite a bit, but nowhere near as bad as with the 176... I checked the iRacing Forums and whe ABS of the iRacing GT3 Audi seems to work very rough, so i guess this is normal...

Same in AC for me, i acturally had to crank up some FFB effects in AC to make the wheel feel the way i want again, where as before i thought the AC FFB was very hard on the wheel alltough i turned the effects down quite a bit...

• edited October 2016
    That is interesting,

i upgraged mine today and i am with you that the ffb definetly feels stronger, but i think it feels a lot smoother then with the beta firmware i had on before (176)... especially in iRacing with the GT3 Audi under braking, the ABS would make my wheel rattle and clunk very hard, hard enough that i honestly didn't want to race it anymore because i was afraid it would brake my wheel...

Now with the new firmware it still is rattles quite a bit, but nowhere near as bad as with the 176... I checked the iRacing Forums and whe ABS of the iRacing GT3 Audi seems to work very rough, so i guess this is normal...

Same in AC for me, i acturally had to crank up some FFB effects in AC to make the wheel feel the way i want again, where as before i thought the AC FFB was very hard on the wheel alltough i turned the effects down quite a bit...

Interesting... I will Test the New FW again with AC and report back...Maybe i just Need to adjust My bump feel settings in Pcars??? they are dialed in for FW 176... Hmmmm... It would Help if we Knew what exactly was adjusted???... were the FFB parameters adjusted or was the Total FFB power Cranked up a bit with the New FW???
  • Hello,

Hi Chris,
     I just seen your post and thought I'd reply with what "maybe" a fix. When you install the new driver the pedals will still not be seen. You have to go and hunt down the firmware updater in your program files.............(( Program files/Fanatec/Fanatec Wheel/FwPedalsUpdater.exe )) open it then unplug the pedal's usb and then plug it back in. The firmware updater should detect them and you can flash the new firmware to them. This is what worked for me.

You may have done all this already but I just wanted to try and help you because I feel your pain.

Chris C.
  • Pietro MauroPietro Mauro Member
    edited October 2016
    Hello everybody, 

With this update I have the same issue I had with the firmware 176.

I have the shifter csq 1,5 connected to the base and frequently when I insert the 4th, the gear engaged is the 2nd, when i insert the 3rd the gear is the 1st.

I got back to firmware 142 and have no more issues. 

Please Fanatec correct it before delivering the new csl pedals I bought.
  • edited October 2016
    Hello everybody, 

I have the shifter csq 1,5 connected to the base and frequently when I insert the 4th, the gear engaged is the 2nd, when i insert the 3rd the gear is the 1st.

Did you re-calibrate the shifter after updating the firmware?
    Also, which wheel base?
  • Pietro MauroPietro Mauro Member
    edited October 2016
    Hello everybody, 

Did you re-calibrate the shifter after updating the firmware?
    Also, which wheel base?
    Yes I did. I have win10 64bit and a csw2 base
  • Ok So i spent all weekend switching between The New Wheel FW_204 and FW_176. My set up is as Follows I have 2 pcs in My Man Kave 1 for Gaming only and 1 for other thing web surfing ETC.... The Gaming PC i have the New 260 Driver installed the other PC i have the 250 Driver installed... I did this because it Makes Flashing the wheel FW back and forth easier... I dont have to keep Deleting and Reinstalling the Drivers onto the gaming PC...The Good thing is FW 176 will work with the New Driver 260 without any issues...+1 From My back and forth testing between wheel FW_176 and FW_204 i can Clearly Note that FW_176 IMO Has Smoother initial FFB delivery around wheel center... The Middle and End zone FFB delivery feels about the same exept FW_204 feels a Tad bit stronger...This Middle to End stronger FFB Feel May only be a placeebo feeling because the Initial FFB comes on sooo Strong and IMO unbalanced... Its Really Hard to judge the Middle to End Feel they are Very Close... But I am Sure that the Initial FFB delivery With FW_176 is Smoother. I used Pcars, Assetto Corsa, and Dirt Rally Sport o PC to test this...I used the same Wheel and in Game settings for Both FW 176 & 204 For Me I will Continue to use FW_176 because it has the Best Overal FFB Feel. I had actually used FW_204 for 1 week Straight and Forgot that i had updated My Wheel FW.... I Noticed I could Not Keep Consistent Lap times and wgile going over all My Game abd Wheel settings i Rememberd that the wheel FW had been updated... This is when i Reverted Back to FW_176 and Began testing for Feel to Find out what was Different.... The Difference is FW_204 IMO the Intitial FFB kicks in Very Harshly and it Makes it Very Hard to Maintain a Smooth Driving Line into the Corners... When its a combo/S Turn its even More difficult because of the Harsh Initial FFB under weight Transfer Kicks in Very Harsh. Conclusion... IMO Bring Back the Smooth FFB Feel of FW_176
  • edited October 2016
    IMO Bad Idea for these guys to Review your Beta Product... IMO your products dont get a fair unbiased Review... I think they are Biased towards their Sponsors!!! They have TM advertising all over their web page.... But what He Describes about the Wheel Center is Exactly what im Talking about. The New FW_204 is Not Smooth the onset of the FFB is too Harsh giving the wheel a Jerky and Clunky Feel.
  • Helo Can't get my wheel v2 to calibrate have tried downgrade same thing upgraded again and cal is flashing can't seem to get to stop Have Wheel base v2 BMW gt3 rim Pedal v3 Has calibration method changed Thx Mark
  • Sorry have the gt2 rim off course
  • Helo Can't get my wheel v2 to calibrate have tried downgrade same thing upgraded again and cal is flashing can't seem to get to stop Have Wheel base v2 BMW gt3 rim Pedal v3 Has calibration method changed Thx Mark
    Do you Have the CSQ shifter Hooked up too???  If so then the shifter has to be in Sequential mode NOT H pattern to calibrate your wheel center, once wheel Center is calibrated then you can put the shifter to h pattern and calibrate shifter.... I was stumped at this point also but follow the order and all should be well.

• Hi

I have 2 x Fanatec GT2 wheels connected to 2 x Seperate Windows 10 64 bit PC's and have a problem. Every time i turn on the wheel and attempt to go into PC mode then nothing shows on wheel. The only fix i currently have is to un-install fanatec driver and re-install fanatec driver and then wheel immediately pops into PC mode and works fine

However once I restart PC then problem happens again.

Both of these PC's used to be on windows 7 and worked perfectly fine however since updating to Windows 10 this problem has happened. I flash latest firmware on both which is 756 the windows 10 one and also tried a couple different windows 10 drivers from Fanatec,latest official and a beta drivers from last year and same issue happens as well as this driver. I'm pretty certain its a fanatec driver issue as if I load gt2 wheel into ps3 mode it loads everything on wheel perfectly every time and works great....but shows as a Logitech wheel

could someone from the fanatec team please try this out? Id love to get this fixed as its pretty frustrating and has been an issue for me for along time now
    Do you Have the CSQ shifter Hooked up too???  If so then the shifter has to be in Sequential mode NOT H pattern to calibrate your wheel center, once wheel Center is calibrated then you can put the shifter to h pattern and calibrate shifter.... I was stumped at this point also but follow the order and all should be well.

No shifter connected to the wheel
    edited October 2016
    Hi Mark,

1. Can you tell us what exactly you are pressing to set the wheel center...while "CAL" is flashing?
    2. Why are you not asking the Fanatec Support live chat? ;-)

@ Lorrell Waddell 
    Why can't you calibrate the wheel center when an H-Shifter is connected. This should definitely NOT be the case. The wheel base enters the shifter calibration automatically but after this is done you can center the wheel.

Armin
  • Hi Mark,

1. Can you tell us what exactly you are pressing to set the wheel center...while "CAL" is flashing?    

Im pressing the tune button (small left from the display) then the 2 sticks at the same time, then tunning button to go out, and still the same  cal flashing

2. Why are you not asking the Fanatec Support live chat? ;-) .    

Good qustion (did'nt know they had one) and it got pretty late last night

Mark
This discussion has been closed.