Steering Wheel Survey

Comments

• Formula Rim for Xbox One please!!! Would buy this in a heartbeat!!!
  • Formula Rim for Xbox One please!!! Would buy this in a heartbeat!!!
    Yes, F1-wheel would be needed, because you can't drive any modern formula car with round wheel rim. And same goes prototypes and many GT-cars which already have other than round steering wheel. Maybe some cheap formula styled-rim for hub would be great too.
  • My biggest concern with rims is overall weight. I like the universal hub and the ability to mount different rims to it, but in most cases, the combinations result in a fairly heavy overall weight, which reduces FFB fidelity in games. The difference in feel between a Porsche rim and full loaded GT/hub combo is insane. Right now, I'm only using my universal hub with the small CS Flat rim. Even then, I had to restrict it to only two button switches and the small paddle shifters to keep the weight down. 

I would love to see (and would buy in a heartbeat) an unbranded GT style rim with the same light weight construction of the Porsche 918. I purchased the Porsche rim for it's light weight design, but don't really care for the brownish color of the leather or the Porsche branding. I know it's a replica, but that brown doesn't really match any rig I've seen. And I actually prefer the Alcantara over regular leather, because it allows for better grip. The BMW rim is Alcantara, and has better placement of the rev lights, but it's not as light as the Porsche rim and still branded. The Porsche rim lights are too bright for me, given their placement, which basically puts them right in my line of sight. I've disabled them on my rim for that reason. 

Also, I may be an oddball, but I prefer Fanatec branded hardware over manufacturer branded. 

Anyway... I'm not complaining, just providing feedback. Fanatec still has one of, if not the, best ecosystems in the market. :)
  • edited October 2016
    fanatec f1 wheel lcd display ile ilgili görsel sonucu
    snap action shifter fanatec ile ilgili görsel sonucu
    snap action shifter fanatec ile ilgili görsel sonucu

i think original fanatec f1 rims are great but after few changes they will be perfect; 
    -first lcd display like real f1 wheel, 
    -second snap action paddle shiters, 
    -third and last more aesthetic new design quick release mechanism...thanks...

(and i think fanatec can produce new spare part for modifying f1 rims(lots of people buy these parts another manufacturer) such as: snap action paddle shifters,sli f1 like shift light displays and coloured and different material(leather maybe) rim handle...)
  • Porsche LMP1 - Couple extra buttons and extra rotary encoders....
  • A Xbox One rim like P1 but with better materials and proper quick release system and "click" in the shifter paddles.

A Xbox one F1 rim like clubsport formula carbon or similar with or without big display.

Thanks
  • The most important part for me would be the functionality. We need more buttons/switches/rotation-buttons to be able to use all features available in today's sims.

I really love the fact that you can use your own rim with the Universal XBox Hub. I think a non-branded wheel would be best, it would be a nice feature tho if Fanatec were to implement some modulair system where you could add a center-element with your own prefered brand-logo (where the horn normally would be situated ;)

Btw not sure if I can post this here, but I always thought this blog doesn't really make it easy for us to share wheel- and FFB-settings, do time-attacks or meet online to do some racing. So recently I came across this WhatsApp kind of app, that doesn't need your telephone nr or anything and it has the ability to create separate 'channels' for different topics. If you're interesting in joining or just checking it out, please use https://discord.gg/nUbhgqV (or fill in the last part in the url in the app or website).
  • Hello ? HUB PS4 ?
  • Hi Thomas,
    Any chance we could find out the results of your survey, please....?

• A couple ideas not mentioned...

1. A bare bones universal hub with the only electronic being paddles from the P1 rim. No buttons, no lights, no adjustments (software support), bare bones. People can then go and add their own rims (~$30 on Amazon). This at <$100 would be great, ideal would be ~$50. The goal would be a CSL bundle for $500 (including separate rim... so ~$450 in actuality). IMO this would be a good price point and really bring in those "Thrustmaster seems good enough" buyers. This hub would also be good for serious racers who want the lightest hub possible.

2. Not a hub per say, but one recommendation. The Lexus LFA has a very unique paddle shift mechanism. The most note worthy part is that the left paddle and the right paddle have a slightly different feel. This is so your brain can remember which paddle is which through tactile memory. Second, both paddles have a very mechanical action. There is an initial force/feel and then a secondary resistance (lighter) once the paddle engages. Again, this adds to the positive sensation of depressing the paddle. It would be nice to see this on the next premium high end wheel rim.

3. Open source 3D printing files for various parts. It would be awesome if the mounting specs for rims/pedals/paddles/etc where made available to the community so we could design our own accessories. This would certainly be niche, but it would be good fuel for future product development ideas.
  • Uninversal hub's recent price should cheapen, its way too expensive now, especially when compared to other stuff. At least 50€, more likely 100€ less and it would be much more interesting to buyers. When you sell CSL base 319, you can't justifiy unhub's price.

I have older, "standard" unhub, but would need second one too, but I'm not gonna buy it with 349€ price.
  • A wrc style rim. Fully round with no more than 300mm diameter. I use something similar with my hub but altogether it weighs quite a bit.
  • franck HERVEfranck HERVE Member
    edited October 2016
    It would be great if Fanatec could propose a "cut wheel" like the Momo 27/c. It would be something very different from the ones already available.
  • edited November 2016
    I would love fanatec to make a f1 or fomula  wheel for pc and xbox one

• Alyda AfonsoAlyda Afonso Member
    edited November 2016
    I will be to interested in a licensed Mercedes-AMG rim. For example, I think in these steering wheels:

The Mercedes-AMG GT3's steering wheel:

The Mercedes-AMG GT R's steering wheel:

I'm also think it would be a great idea to offer a personalization option, for example to add brand logos or to choose: materials (carbon fiber, leather, alcantara), the type of display... in my opinion you would receive many orders of those who want to make their own steering without losing the garanty -like me-.

Finally, sorry for my bad English, but I am Spanish.
  • I voted for a generic F1 rim to cut down licensing costs, even if I would really like to see a proper SF16-H rim replica. :)
  • A real Ferrari or Williams-branded F1-wheel replica would be awesome, but honestly most anything but Force India would work!
  • Nick ClarkeNick Clarke Member
    edited November 2016
    Some excellent thoughts and recommendations listed thus far, I believe a priority is for an upgraded non branded modern F1 wheel for PS4, Xbox.

Further more a Club sport wheel for PS4...

As for how the F1 wheel should look I am in favour of an LCD screen with lots of different colour buttons and rotary switches.  Also can you produce some vinyl cut out circular labels that can be placed around the buttons, with Kers, DRS, Iinfo, Pit, Bias, Talk, Wiper, Lights, Flash, Ack, etc etc, perhaps start a forum of labels for buttons.  
  • Erstmal: ich bin froh das es Fanatec gibt. Sehr froh! Weiter so! Ich habe mir das 918 Rim gegönnt. Es ist toll, aber ein wenig unbequem bei der Daumenwölbung im Vergleich zum BMW Rim. Dass das 918 leichter ist, merkt man deutlich und das macht dadurch noch mehr Spass, da einfach agiler und lebendiger. Das jetzt noch in Alcantara und mit der Wölbung vom BMW in leicht und ihr hättet zumindest für meinen Geschmack die eierlegende Wollmilchsau:-) Schönen Gruss
  • If I could get a wheel just like I wanted it.the wheel would probably be a mix of existing wheels.....
    The shape and size of the flat rim for the xbox one hub, perhaps just a little bigger, not much
    The build quality and materials of the BMW rim including quick shift release for the csw bv2  
    More or less the button layout of the formula carbon rim, but also including a display as big as posible top center
    to be used for modern GT and TC racing  and for pc use

The only reson why I think it should have the shape and size a little bigger than the flat wheel for the xbox one hub, is because I think the formula carbon rim is a little too small in diameter 
  • I want less weight. Currently using mostly the Formula (~1250) and the Round1 on a hub without the paddle units (~1350g). Sold my BMW rim because it felt like molasses compared to those two. A fully featured (i.e. with shifter paddles), 30 or 32cm GT rim under 1500g would be nice.
  • My vote would be for an xBox compatible version of the Clubsport Formula wheel. I don't mind the hub for traditional type wheels, but would prefer that the Formula type wheel, which I would use as a modern GT and DTM wheel as well, should be more compact and streamlined.  
  • Just one advice : light is right so....
    Lighter universal hub, lighter Bmw rim and it will be perfect !
  • I will not recommend to anybody to buy this Wheel. I am always looking for the best. I don´t really care for the money if I´m getting the best, but this product it isn´t. They don´t support you if something goes wrong, you are at your own. And believe me, usually their product doesn´t work. I made a mistake hopping to get the best, and unfortunatelly is not. You will regret if you buy their products, they are not worhty. The only reason I am writting this words is because I would love to have this information before I spent 700 euros or more. So please believe me fanatec wheels and pedals does not work on pc. They are a piece of crap sold as they were gold, but they are not. Search somewhere else, you won´t regret it. Bet regards to all of you and hope to race you son.
  • I will not recommend to anybody to buy this Wheel. I am always looking for the best. I don´t really care for the money if I´m getting the best, but this product it isn´t. They don´t support you if something goes wrong, you are at your own. And believe me, usually their product doesn´t work. I made a mistake hopping to get the best, and unfortunatelly is not. You will regret if you buy their products, they are not worhty. The only reason I am writting this words is because I would love to have this information before I spent 700 euros or more. So please believe me fanatec wheels and pedals does not work on pc. They are a piece of crap sold as they were gold, but they are not. Search somewhere else, you won´t regret it. Bet regards to all of you and hope to race you son.
    Don't work on pc? Dude you need to do the research. Lol
  • edited January 2017
    I would love to see an extension for the CSW quick-release.
    Current shaft is pretty short when sitting correct (with the wrists touching the top of the rim while having fully stretched out arms), so I had to pad the mounting area to avoid hurting my knees when they hit the mounting area, CSW is pretty wide.
    Getting the rim some centimeters further from the base would help, and giving the option to quickly adjust the distance would be even cooler. 

This should give an idea what I'm talking about.

Apart from that, a DTM style rim without Alcantara like the one in the picture above would be awesome.
    Alcantara is the reason why I don't buy the F1 neither the BMW rim.
  • edited January 2017
    Just one advice : light is right so....
    This BMW rim looks pretty light, would love to have one of those on my CSW.
    And something different with the colors around the buttons instead of colored buttons. :)

• Just one advice : light is right so....
    This BMW rim looks pretty light, would love to have one of those on my CSW.
    And something different with the colors around the buttons instead of colored buttons. :)

And something different with the colors around the buttons instead of colored buttons   ......     And maybe make available as spares with popular labeled inserts with different colours, that could also be bought from the fanatec store too  :-h
    Don't work on pc? Dude you need to do the research. Lol
    Even over a Direct Drive wheel there is no other wheel base worth buying for Sim Racing than Fanatec! No one else gives you the tuning abilities that come with the CSW line, the out of the box plug and play, the realism and a for the racers mentality. To date, there's not another company within or outside of Sim Racing that I have purchased more products from and been happy with every purchase.