Interview with Gamereactor

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
Last Friday was one of those days why I love my job.  :x
I was invited by Kunos and Porsche to drive a 911 around the Vallelunga race track and had some great discussions there.

Gamereactor made this interview with me:

Comments

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited November 2016
    First of all, How can I get hold of the black Porsche Wheel?... it's gorgeous!
    Second, Thomas has to be the coolest/smoothest most laid back, approachable CEO in history :smiley: :blush:
    Great interview with lots of interesting points... Motion Rigs/VR Devices ... yes please :)

Now, About that black Porsche rim... I want one! :smile:
  • You beat me to commenting :) I was like wait a minute that's a Porsche rim with black leather! Looks nice, personally I prefer the refined look of the brown but black has a nice sporty look.
  • I hope new wheel for ps4 is a base, can use clubsport wheel and csp etc
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    The black Porsche wheel is a special version we make for Porsche only. The use it on their simulators in their driving experience centres and shops.
  • Please make one black Alcantara Porsche wheel for us, I have the brown version but black looks awesome, also I really hope you make a high end wheel base ( Direct Drive if is possible ) compatible for PC and PS4.
  • Nice interview. Really curious about what the base/wheel for ps4 will be. I hope it will be csw2 'material'. Would love to get the best quality.
  • 小龙 陈小龙 陈 Member
    edited November 2016
    Black 918 is so beautiful:x
    Brown color is not good%-(
    Please mass production:-*
    Please Please Please ^:)^
  • edited November 2016
    Did everybody here miss out on the fact that Thomas said they're gonna make an affordable MOTION RIG, at 9.50min 8-X 8-X 8-X Combine that with a DD wheel !!!! Thomas...stoooooppppp, you're preventing me to buy a high end gaming pc :))
  • edited November 2016
    the rumors of a fanatec dd wheel base are going now 2 years, did anybody has listen or read something when this base comes out ?  next year i wanna buy a csw v2 or when a new base ( dd or csw v3 ) comes out, buy this one. 

are they working on a dd base and maybe a csw v3, or will the dd come in place of a csw v3 ??  i could imagine that the csw v2 is still to buy when a dd wheel comes out, because dd is much cheaper then a csw v2 base. then fanatec has 3 lines of bases, something for everybody.

i hope that they also work on a new shifter, with the css sq v 1.5 i was a little bit disappointed. i can what it is, but i don't get that a amazing feeling like the other fanatec parts like csw v2, csp v3 or clubsport wheel range.

something in a direction like the dsd pro shifter, in a configuration with sq and man, would be nice !!!

• Me being also one of those unfortunate guys who get sick very easily driving in VR, I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with in that regard! :)
  • Motion rig sounds awesome!

A bit disappointed that there will be no PS4 wheel for my CSWv2 though. No Gran Turismo Sport for me then. I was kind of hoping they would correct many wrongs in the series on that one once they have a console with more CPU power to handle it. Ah, this does make me sad :(

• Thomas,

Will you announce a timeline for PS4 base when you are able to? Or will you wait till its available for pre-order? Just curious and very anxious for news. great interview by the way and thanks in advance.

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator

Thomas,

Will you announce a timeline for PS4 base when you are able to? Or will you wait till its available for pre-order? Just curious and very anxious for news. great interview by the way and thanks in advance.

We will announce it normally when production has started and products are already on the way to warehouses.

I personally like this wheel a lot. It will be one of the best products we ever made and so far everything goes smoothly.
  • Great thanks for quick reply. Cant wait.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    I'm sooo looking forward to the release/announcement of the new base! Its exciting times at Fanatec, and its great to see how busy the entire company and community are, this is great news for everyone :smiley:

I'm hoping for a CSS-SQ V2 in the near future, perhaps something that has a rumble / haptic feedback when shifting into gear etc I think that would be an incredibly immersive update to the shifter :-bd
  • First CSL HB and Shifter are up Natalie
  • I think you should stop driving cars and dedicate time on your website because here , nothing works properly , included when you buy an very expensive toy.
  • edited January 2017
    Hi all,
    I've recently purchased my Porsche 918 RSR rim. Oh my god this piece is amaizing. It looks great and I can't wait to use it with my favorite racing games on my PS4. And now I was close to place my wheel base V2 order. But after I've seen this interview above I have some doubt whether I should wait till the new base for the PS4 is available or not? I really would like to know if this contract wirth Sony is final now or not. And it would be great to hear and see(!) some news about the new base soon.
    The major question I have is about the quality. Will the new PS4 base be on the same level like the V2 base or more like the CSL Elite?
    Thomas Jackermeier said:
    I personally like this wheel a lot. It will be one of the best products we ever made and so far everything goes smoothly.
    Does that mean the PS4 Base will be better than the V2 base? It sounds like that. I hope the PS4 base will be a 'high end' device.

Of course we all would like to get some details on your time line. Please be so kind and provide us with some news as soon as you are allowed to!!!!  - Beforehand maybe you can answer one of my questions more precisely compared to what you mentioned in the interview.
    Would it be possible to use the 918 RSR rim with the new PS4 base? Based on what you've said in the interview I would assume YES.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers...  
  • Hi all,
    I've recently purchased my Porsche 918 RSR rim. Oh my god this piece is amaizing. It looks great and I can't wait to use it with my favorite racing games on my PS4. And now I was close to place my wheel base V2 order. But after I've seen this interview above I have some doubt whether I should wait till the new base for the PS4 is available or not? I really would like to know if this contract wirth Sony is final now or not. And it would be great to hear and see(!) some news about the new base soon.
    The major question I have is about the quality. Will the new PS4 base be on the same level like the V2 base or more like the CSL Elite?
    Thomas Jackermeier said:
    Does that mean the PS4 Base will be better than the V2 base? It sounds like that. I hope the PS4 base will be a 'high end' device.

Of course we all would like to get some details on your time line. Please be so kind and provide us with some news as soon as you are allowed to!!!!  - Beforehand maybe you can answer one of my questions more precisely compared to what you mentioned in the interview.
    Would it be possible to use the 918 RSR rim with the new PS4 base? Based on what you've said in the interview I would assume YES.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers...  
    I don't think PS4 will be a base
    Should be a HUB

Rumors CSW V2.5 has been completed
    Some small improvements
    Same performance as CSW V2
  • Hi all,
    Thomas Jackermeier said:

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers...  
    Should be a HUB

Some small improvements
    Read the PlayStation blog. It will be a base because Sony said so.
  • 小龙 陈小龙 陈 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi all,
    Thomas Jackermeier said:

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers...  
    Should be a HUB

Some small improvements
    All right, so that's that.
  • edited January 2017
    Hello!
    Chris Broshar said:
    Could you please be so kind and provide me with the corresponding link? I can't find such a statement from Sony here: Playstation Blog  -   Many thanks!

@Thomas
    Is there a slight chance to get at least a hint on my recent questions?
    Thorsten Rinkenberger said: ...
    Thomas Jackermeier said:...
    I personally like this wheel a lot. It will be one of the best products we ever made
    and so far everything goes smoothly.
    Does that mean the PS4 Base will be better than the V2 base? It sounds like that. I hope the PS4 base will be a 'high end' device...

Many thanks to you as well!

Cheers,
    Thorsten
  • Hi everyone

sorry to ask but did i get this right so the csw v2 that i have with the pedlas v3 and handbrake and shifter that still work on ps4 on Project cars will not work anymore on it? And that for the grand tourismo there will not be any firmware update?? Is there really you can do about it thomas? This that i have is by fare for me the best wheel on the market. And you also say that new one would be beter them the csw or not?

Thanks

Greetins from luxenburg
  • Hi everyone

sorry to ask but did i get this right so the csw v2 that i have with the pedlas v3 and handbrake and shifter that still work on ps4 on Project cars will not work anymore on it? And that for the grand tourismo there will not be any firmware update?? Is there really you can do about it thomas? This that i have is by fare for me the best wheel on the market. And you also say that new one would be beter them the csw or not?

Thanks

Greetins from luxenburg
    The CSW v2 will still work with pCARS on PS4.
  • Hi everyone

Thanks

Greetins from luxenburg
    Just read through the PS4 topic, things will be clear to you
  • edited February 2017

Thomas,

We will announce it normally when production has started and products are already on the way to warehouses.

Hi Thomas, Your last reply on this PS4 wheel topic is some time ago already. How about posting some additional news? That would be great! Many thanks! Cheers, Thorsten
  • I hope the motion rig that he is talking about will be compatible with Rseat and some other brands, I'm really happy with my rig and can't buy a complete new one, cant wait for all the new additions on Fanatec good job Thomas! Announce them fast so we can start saving $$ =)
  • What do you expect to hear? In that forum Thomas said everything he's going to say for now. He said DD isn't a secret and that's all he wants to share right now. So you probably won't hear more here either
  • PS4 set up update please!!!