Introducing the new ClubSport Pedals V3 inverted

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited February 2017 in Blog

In 2017 we will announce a couple of exciting products and this is the first.

The new ClubSport Pedals V3 inverted.

It was developed for our driving school simulator and while the floor mounted CSP V3 are more close to a pure race car, the modified sportscars in a GT series come with inverted pedals.

Unlike other solutions on the market, the CSP V3i will come with two hanging and one floor mounted pedal. Just like in a real car.

We are also using exactly the same ergonomics as in a sports car so they are not just inverted.

Here are the changes to the regular CSP V3:
  • Clutch and brake pedals inverted
  • More travel and different mechanics on the clutch
  • Comes with damper kit pre-installed on the brake
  • Longer heel rest
  • Wider distance in between the pedals
The rest of the features is the same as on the CSP V3. We decided to use the PU foam and damper instead of the Eladur springs as this will give you a more realistic travel and feel. If you like the ultra stiff feeling of a formula car then you can still purchase the optional brake performance kit for those pedals as well. The stiffest setting of the Default V3i is a little bit softer than the softest stick combination of the BPK.
The footprint is the same as on the V3 pedals so it should fit well into most cockpits.
A lot of customers keep asking us how they can invert their CSP V3 or V2 and if we can offer an upgrade kit. As it is quite complicated to assemble it we decided to develop a completely new product and there will be no conversion kit.

It took way too long to develop this product and I learned that nothing is as easy as it seems if you want to make it right.

The ClubSport Pedal V3 inverted are in the warehouse and ready to ship in the EU and USA/Canada. Australia and Japan will follow soon.

Please answer this independent from our offerings
  1. What is your favourite pedal style?45 votes
    1. Gas floor mounted and Brake/Clutch hanging
      33.33%
    2. All three pedals floor mounted
      26.67%
    3. All three pedals hanging
      40.00%

Comments

• Why would you not have the option to have the gas pedal inverted as well? All NASCAR series cars have an inverted gas pedal. At least have the option to switch between the two if you're going to make these $500.
  • Fanatec keeps taking my money... Think I'm gonna sell my V3 and buy these.
  • Can you add the damper kit to the throttle on this pedal set?
  • Too bad they don't offer an inversion kit, like they did with the CSR pedals.
    I'd by an inversion kit, but not another set of V3 pedals just to get them inverted. 
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Too bad they don't offer an inversion kit, like they did with the CSR pedals.
    I'd by an inversion kit, but not another set of V3 pedals just to get them inverted. 
    We could sell a lot of these upgrade kits and we thought about it. But it is way too complicated for the average user and the risk to damage something is very high. You would need to replace all cables as well.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Why would you not have the option to have the gas pedal inverted as well? All NASCAR series cars have an inverted gas pedal. At least have the option to switch between the two if you're going to make these $500.
    It is not so easy. There are some solutions on the market with three hanging pedals and they cannot be converted either. Nothing against NASCAR (I love it) but there must be a reason that famous sport car brands like Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Lotus, Corvette and many more are using our mixed style.
  • Are you serious fanatec? You want like 200€ more for a bit more metal?
    That is really, and I mean it, really greedy. I would rather buy the Heusinkveld's instead of these. I really like fanatec products and own the CSWv2/CSPv3/dampers... but I am shockedn now... and I can only say it again, that is just greedy.

Also looking at the McLaren/Mercedes GT3 the Pedals are flat. The reason is... I don't know but it's not like your version is more real, it's just different.

• Fantastic! This is just the product I've been waiting for to happen!
  • edited February 2017

Are you serious fanatec? You want like 200€ more for a bit more metal?
    That is really, and I mean it, really greedy. I would rather buy the Heusinkveld's instead of these. I really like fanatec products and own the CSWv2/CSPv3/dampers... but I am shockedn now... and I can only say it again, that is just greedy.

Also looking at the McLaren/Mercedes GT3 the Pedals are flat. The reason is... I don't know but it's not like your version is more real, it's just different.

Those pedals aren't even inverted, actually I haven't seen many GT nor DTM cars with inverted pedal setups.
    Besides that, the standard CSP V.3's are easy to invert, and if one wants something more like real there are other options made with the real stuff.

I also don't understand why a kit isn't offered to those who may want one, it's not rocket science to include cable extensions, neither is it complicated to install such a kit if you keep your eyes open.
    But I guess someone will offer such a kit in a short while and make the money that Fanatec apparently doesn't want, not that I have a problem with that, I don't want inverted pedals like in a street car anyway.
  • edited February 2017
    Fanatec greed strikes again!$500 for inverted pedals? What about the customers who bought the non inverted v3 pedals? You don't offer them an option but to buy a new set of pedals? And that's b.s that you're worried about your customers screwing up their pedals by changing them over with some type of kit to invert them.SHAME ON YOU FANATEC!!!!!
  • troy no one is holding a gun to your head,whats wrong with having a choice of pedals.ill bet the standard v3 pedals will be better cheers
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited February 2017
    Too bad they don't offer an inversion kit, like they did with the CSR pedals.
    I'd buy an inversion kit, but not another set of V3 pedals just to get them inverted. 
    We could sell a lot of these upgrade kits and we thought about it. But it is way too complicated for the average user and the risk to damage something is very high. You would need to replace all cables as well.
    Thanks for the quick reply, Thomas. As for being concerned about some users not having the skill to modify with a kit, I am quite skilled at such projects and would not hesitate to buy a kit. As for the cabling, that is no big deal either. Just supply them as part of the complete kit and provide clear instructions and a video, like you have with other repairs and modifications. I think you should allow us users to make the decision if we want to tackle the modification. Thanks again.
  • Hi

A friend has made a clupsport pédals inverted himself ( French Team GTR3 Race Room)
    Sorry for my bad English
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Nice looking update! Great job.
  • Joseph MartzJoseph Martz Member
    edited February 2017
    Very, very nice.  It's great to see you continue to innovate and provide options to the simulator community.  Quick question: if I upgrade my current V3 (floor-mount) pedals, can I switch over the red-anodized hardware from these?  I rather like the red&black theme on my rig, and would like to retain this asthetic.  

Thanks!image

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited February 2017
    The new V3 inverted are a gorgeous design! I'm curious if they would fit inside the CSL Seat, and work well on the CSL Seat mounting unit? If so I may grab a set for my collection :smiley:
    Beautiful design, nice addition to the family!
  • Hello everybody :)

I just ordered these. It was about time to upgrade from my trusty Clubsport v1 pedals :)

I have one question concerning the damper knob on the end of the damper kit. What is the main purpose of this knob and what does it do? If I understood correctly the pre-load screw is what changes the throw and pressure of the brake pedal but what is the main purpose of that other knob? Does it make movement like slower or what is the exact point of this other knob and how it should be used? Is there a "right" value when using this knob or is it just like anything else which is user preference?
  • Hello again :)

I've been using these pedals for 1,5 days know and I must say I really, really like them :) Lap times are getting better the more I use these pedals and get used to them. It was pretty easy to find a good amount of pedal throw with damper kit and its easy to find a sweet spot when under heavy braking. These were definitely a great upgrade from my previous Clubsport v1 pedals :)

I also tried the damper screw but didn't really like it. I was right about that it made the movement a bit slower so that is also covered :)

I have a small gripe which apparently is nothing but I still want to report it. I used the pre-load screw to find pedal throw of my liking and fired up the Fanatec software. I put the manual calibration mode on and first set all the minimun values with my feet not touching the pedal set and after that I set the maximum values with my feet by pressing the pedals. I pressed OK and closed the software. Then I started the software again and I can see one pixel thin line blinking randomly in the brake pedal column. I closed the software and started Assetto Corsa and did whole new controller profile and calibrated the pedals and wheel and there is no sign of brake pedal being active unless I push it. Pedal indicators don't show that brake is active if not pushed. This is in the controller menu and in game. Same goes with Raceroom and Dirt Rally so I guess its nothing major although the Fanatec software shows randomly that something is pressing the brake pedal even though your feet is not touching them at all. 
  • My Pedals arrived today and all i can say is Excellent and Superb build Quality!!! IMO I know they are supposed to be the same as My Regular V3 pedals but  I have noticed a few differences that set the V3i pedals a step ahead of the Regular V3 pedals Build Quality!!! the larger pedal spacing and it seems that Each pedal now has a separate ground wire...They Mounted right into My RS1 with No Problem...You just have to take off the Back of the Clamp that Holds the gas Pedal to the rear bar.. to access the rear mounting Screw hole to drop the screw in...Very simple its the same 2 screws that you would take out to Change the Gas pedal spring.

I Love that the Clutch is inverted because when not using the clutch it provides a Nice space to just rest your foot under.

Very well done... Great Job Fanatec

When i first Hooked the pedals up everything but the hand brake worked...Don't Panic!!! i simply just Reflashed the Pedal FW and everything including hand brake works as it should\:D/

Edit: almost forgot to mention the Pedal spacing and Most of all the New Longer Clutch and Clutch position feels spot on!!!...Im sure i will even get things adjusted better as i go along but as it is right out of the Box its a Great Pedals set worth EVERY Penny even though i already have a Regular set of V3 pedals.

I have never been a fan of the pedal angle mounts i put them on my regular V3,s and took them off...I'm 6'1 and the extra inch that the angle brackets take up IMO seems to be alot of space and i just don't need them for the way My RS1 is set up...I'd Rather have the extra leg room...Is there any way that i could order or have a set of regular V3 pedal angle spacers shipped to Me???  (I really don't want to take My Regular V3 pedals apart for the pedal angle spacers) Other than that the pedals are Great and feel very natural!!! I'm already matching My Best lap times with them...Because they feel sooo natural it's super easy to be Very consistent Running my Normal driving line....I'm sure i will be able to gain .500 to .750 on My fastest laps...Well done Fanatec!!! 
  • edited February 2017
    Looking at the V3i vs the Regular V3 pedals side by side... Honestly i dont see how a pedal Inversion upgrade kit could be made at a price that people would feel comfortable paying... Every thing would have to Change Hall Sensors, Load Cell would all Need to be replaced because the wires are Much Shorter... although the pedal sets may look the same from a glance the V3i pedals are a whole New Kit!!! Only the Sides and Feet of the pedal Base is the same... I mean sure a Quick Fix inversion Kit could possibly be made... But the Quality would be Either Sub par to keep Cost Down but who would really want to put Sub Par Quick fix inversion kit and Compromise the Quality of their V3 pedals???? a Quality kit would be almost as much as the V3i pedals because its 90% + a Total Different pedals design even though they look similar.. They are Very different. Also if I'm Correct the V3i pedals will be Much Much easier to Access the Brake Cylinder to swap out PU foam for the Eladur Brake kit... I haven't taken them apart but this appears to be the Case. Very Good Solid Build Quality!!!

Edit: Please don't start with the Fan Boy Comments... I'm a Consumer just like you... I paid Full Price for every piece of Fanatec Equipment i own.... I'm just Giving My Honest opinion... I wanted a inverted pedal set for a while and i think these are a really Good Buy.... I'm Very Happy i bought them.
  • I Now have a Few days in with the V3i pedals and i must say that the Gas and Brake Pedal feel positioned Much more Natural according to what im used to... The set up feels Very Close to Driving My 350z... My Question is with the Clutch Pedal... Even though it feels Natural i find that Due to the Limited Leg Space that the RS1 Rig offers the Longer Clutch Requires Me to Lift My Leg and Foot Higher than i like to use it.... Is it possible that Fanatec will offer a Short Clutch throw upgrade kit to accommodate for Racing Rigs with limited Leg Space???...Maybe even a Standard Clutch Length like on the Regular V3 pedals would be Great... I find the Clutch on the regular V3 pedals very easy to use according to the Leg Space available in My RS1 Rig.... I'm 6'1 tall and i think that offering a Shorter/ Standard Clutch pedal Travel the same as on the Regular V3 pedals would Really be a Good idea for Taller people...Most Racing Rigs only come in 1 size and we have to pick and set up our racing Gear according to the space that the racing Rig has.
  • Joseph MartzJoseph Martz Member
    edited March 2017
    I've had a few days with the new inverted V3 pedals as well.  Very, very pleased with them.  A couple of things I've noticed compared to the non-inverted.  Brake feel is improved, and I can dial in a nicely hard brake with lots of pressure needed to reach full force.  One critical element not well-documented in the manual or elsewhere: to get a really firm brake, you need adjust the "BRF" parameter *down*.  This is counterintuitive.  The "BRF" parameter is more like "power brakes".  The higher the number, the *less* force needed to reach full-braking.  I set mine to "off".  Now, it really does take a lot of pressure to reach full-force.  The inverted seems to have a high-capacity load cell, and this helps.  Finally, after years of tuning, I have a brake pedal that feels extremely realistic with a nicely high pressure needed for full-force.

Other nice features: the angle on the brakes is better with the inverted.  WIth the high pivot point and the force angle, I find it doesn't deflect as much on my RS1 racing seat.  It's very, very solid.  Clutch throw is longer, stronger, with improved feel.  They changed the clutch cam on the inverted, and it shows.   I also like the open space underneath the clutch and brake.  Great spot to rest your left foot when needed.  Heel/toe on this setup is a dream, just the perfect geometry for my style of driving.  And the stability and build quality.  It really is impeccable, and doesn't flex at all on my rig, despite some very-hard pressure on the brake.  It just oozes quality, and looks great on my RS1.

Finally, I swapped over my anodized red hardware from my non-inverted v3 to the new inverted pedals.  This better matches my whole rig, and looks pretty sharp.  Here's a few pics.

Thanks again, Fanatec, just a wonderful upgrade and I'm looking forward to your direct-drive wheel later this year.  If you need a beta tester, please let me know!  

• Hi guys:
    I've got the old v3 pedals with the low brake rumble effect problem. Has the new inverted V3 fixed that?
  • I got a email today that i have to wait another 3 Months for my pedals. Thats now over a half year wait time. What a shame Fanatec!!!!
  • Wow......I haven't gotten that email yet.  I ordered when the availability date was the 31st of March.  Then  I got an email saying that the date had been changed to the 20th of February.    Now I look at the site and it says the 15th of May???   This truly truly unfortunate because they wont ship my other items until ALL items in stock which ridiculous. Everything else is in stock EXCEPT the inverted pedals. This is pretty bad Fanatec.
  • What's the best way to mount these to the rennsport Rig? They don't seem to come with any fixings and the plate on the RennSport apears to need drilling? I love the quality of the materials but the assembly instructions in general are seriously lacking in detail.