Interview with Gamereactor

2»

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Hello!
    I'm so curious in reading at least some tiny news regarding the upcomming PS4 wheel base...

If it would be possible I would place my pre order right now - independently of the price! You can bet on that.

I can't even imagine the PS4 base would be a direct drive base - OMG...

Cheers,
    Thorsten
  • so,base 2.5 is coming, how can csw support PS4? is there info about it?
  • I have a wild card Question???   Because the CSW v2.5 is Technically a New wheel based on a older design and it seems all PS compatibility has been removed from it....The Question would be is there any chance of a hub being made to make this new Base work with PS4???
  • I have a wild card Question???   Because the CSW v2.5 is Technically a New wheel based on a older design and it seems all PS compatibility has been removed from it....The Question would be is there any chance of a hub being made to make this new Base work with PS4???
    Thomas said previously that Sony wouldn't allow a hub. Plus from the CSWv2.5 product page PlayStation®: This product is not compatible to any PlayStation® console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility.
  • edited March 2017
    Hey it was worth a Shot... Because what He said was Existing Wheel Bases can Never Be upgraded to PS4 comoatibility with a Hub.... Technically this is a New Base with No PS4 compatibility...Yup I tried...LOL... This Base May have been in the works when Sony made that Statement but it had Not yet been bought to Market and Tecnically therefore did Not Exist... well at least i had No idea it was being made...I didn't think that a Hub would be Made but it was a good Long Shot Question... Hmmm But the v2.5 its a new wheel so you Never Know things May or Could change... Maybe Not for the v2.0 but maybe for the v2.5 after the 1st officially PS wheel is launched. What ever the case im Not Fussing about it... this Means that that the Price for My v2.0 and CSR Elite Have Now Gone up!!! they can Now be considered Limited Edition Semi PS compatible wheels... LOL!!!...
  • Hey it was worth a Shot... Because what He said was Existing Wheel Bases can Never Be upgraded to PS4 comoatibility with a Hub.... Technically this is a New Base with No PS4 compatibility...Yup I tried...LOL... This Base May have been in the works when Sony made that Statement but it had Not yet been bought to Market and Tecnically therefore did Not Exist... well at least i had No idea it was being made...I didn't think that a Hub would be Made but it was a good Long Shot Question... Hmmm But the v2.5 its a new wheel so you Never Know things May or Could change... Maybe Not for the v2.0 but maybe for the v2.5 after the 1st officially PS wheel is launched. What ever the case im Not Fussing about it... this Means that that the Price for My v2.0 and CSR Elite Have Now Gone up!!! they can Now be considered Limited Edition Semi PS compatible wheels... LOL!!!...
    What don't you understand from the following statement on the CSWv2.5 product page? PlayStation®: This product is not compatible to any PlayStation® console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility. This says that it WILL NOT work on any PlayStation console ever! PERIOD
  • edited March 2017

• edited March 2017

What don't you understand from the following statement on the CSWv2.5 product page? PlayStation®: This product is not compatible to any PlayStation® console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility. This says that it WILL NOT work on any PlayStation console ever! PERIOD

LOL!!! You actually think i read the entire product page??? LOL... All i saw was CSW v2.5 / 1000hz  and the order was placed!!!

Like I said in the post you Quoted..did you read it through??? This is clearly in there :-B " What ever the case im Not Fussing about it... this Means that that the Price for My v2.0 and CSR Elite Have Now Gone up!!! they can Now be considered Limited Edition Semi PS compatible wheels... LOL!!!" What did you Not understand when i said I'm Not Fussing about it ~X( so again I'm Not fussing just thought it was a worth while question to ask...Shrugggs...No need for any more sharp Reply's lets Play nice :D When they make a PS4 wheel don't worry i will buy it if i want it :D

I'm on PC Now so i haven't used My PS4 since last August and its been even longer than that since i played on XB1.... The Sony bait and switch just really made the final difference that made me switch to PC...Console will more than likely Never get another penny from me!!!

• What don't you understand from the following statement on the CSWv2.5 product page? PlayStation®: This product is not compatible to any PlayStation® console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility. This says that it WILL NOT work on any PlayStation console ever! PERIOD

LOL!!! You actually think i read the entire product page??? LOL... All i saw was CSW v2.5 / 1000hz  and the order was placed!!!

Like I said in the post you Quoted..did you read it through??? This is clearly in there :-B " What ever the case im Not Fussing about it... this Means that that the Price for My v2.0 and CSR Elite Have Now Gone up!!! they can Now be considered Limited Edition Semi PS compatible wheels... LOL!!!" What did you Not understand when i said I'm Not Fussing about it ~X( so again I'm Not fussing just thought it was a worth while question to ask...Shrugggs...No need for any more sharp Reply's lets Play nice :D When they make a PS4 wheel don't worry i will buy it if i want it :D

I'm on PC Now so i haven't used My PS4 since last August and its been even longer than that since i played on XB1.... The Sony bait and switch just really made the final difference that made me switch to PC...Console will more than likely Never get another penny from me!!!
    I read your entire comment. Maybe you should read the entire product page? ;) so your question wasn't really a worthwhile question to ask after all now was it??? By posting things like that it just causes more confusion to people who are waiting for PS4 support and adds to Thomas's list of questions to answer that have already been answered in the product page. I see how Thomas and Armin can get frustrated answering questions sometimes many times when they've already been answered. People simply need to read all available information before asking. I'll leave it at that.
  • edited March 2017
    I visit this blog and the Fanatec home page on a daily basis in order not to miss any announcements regarding the new PS4 base. I hope we will get some news latest in the next 2 to 3 month. Let's keep the fingers crossed. It's more or less like waiting for christmas when I was a child :D And I have just one whish. Please make the new PS4 base compatible with the 918 RSR rim. Many thanks in advance!!! Cheers, Thorsten
  • THorsten 

U are not alone, dont own a pc and have ps4 pro, and playing Dirt Rally every day, but is still looking forward for Fanatec base competible with the ps4, (have the v2 base, bmw rim, handbrake, and the v3 pedals and loving every day,)

SO Thomas PLZ PLZ PLZ come with some GOOOOOD news for us
  • edited March 2017
    Hi Mark,
    I'm using these great V3 pedals as well. But I want to use my 918 RSR rim on my PS4 also. One option could be to by the V2.5 Base and use it with the USB device called "CRONUSMAX". This will emulate a Logitrech G29. But I would rather spend my money on the upcomming PS4 base...

We are counting on you Thomas!

Cheers,
    Thorsten  
  • edited March 2017
    Has any 1 tested the Cronos Max to see if it works with V2.5??? I can tell you the v2.5 will Not work with PS4 Pcars by its self....Maybe CM any 1 try it yet???
  • Thorsten Have the cronus but cant get it to work more the a few minuts

• Based on what I can see in the cronusmax forum it's working fine. You will find all the information there. You need a special USB hub. But I prefer to wait for the Fanatec PS4 wheel base because the cronusmax workaround is just a G29 emulation.
  • edited March 2017
    ...I can tell you the v2.5 will Not work with PS4 Pcars by its self...
    Are you sure? You have to press X on your Wheel instead of the dual shock 4.And is has to be in PC not PS3 mode. At least that's how it works with the GT3 RS V2.
  • edited March 2017
    ...I can tell you the v2.5 will Not work with PS4 Pcars by its self...
    Are you sure? You have to press X on your Wheel instead of the dual shock 4.And is has to be in PC not PS3 mode. At least that's how it works with the GT3 RS V2.
    Im Sure... Well at least im Sure i pushed every Button and Nothing Happens.... But Im 99.95% sure it wont work on PS4 i pushed Every Button Nothing Happens Even with the wheel on and in PC mode with the 918 Porsche Rim i Pushed every Button Nothing... I Started it with PS4 controller and that was the Recognized imput Device No wheel Active.... BTW all the Buttons had to be Re Mapped for PC Pcars since this is the case it more than likely will not work Probably PS4 Needs a Update to suppoert the wheel and we Know thats Not Going to Happen.... Fine with Me Sonys Loss My Gain because i went to PC because they Blocked Current Fanatec Wheels from working with Future games.... PC Life has prooven its self to Be Sooo Much Better.... although PC & PS4 Pcars Feel almost identical....That was a Huge Mistake for sony to make such a Move to Block Current Fanatec Wheels... Just between 5 people i know that made the switch to PC because of Sonys block i can count over 10k in Sales and thats Nothing compared to the Mass market...Im just talking about people i Race with.... Im in about $3.500 in Upgrades and Gear since i moved to PC!!! Im Keeping My v2.0/ CSR Elite because they are Now Rare wheels to have because they are Semi PS4 compatible...LOL!!! If you know a way to Make it work let Me know... If you cant post it inbox me a PVT Message.
  • edited March 2017
    Hi Thomas,

your last reply here is quite some time ago - to be more specific, more than 4 month ago. How about to show us at least a glimpse of something about the upcomming PS4 wheel base you are allowed to share with your courius Fanatec community. That would be really great and honestly speaking it's more than overdue...

MANY THANKS!  

Cheers,
    Thorsten
  • Hi Thomas,

your last reply here is quite some time ago - to be more specific, more than 4 month ago. How about to show us at least a glimpse of something about the upcomming PS4 wheel base you are allowed to share with your courius Fanatec community. That would be really great and honestly speaking it's more than overdue...

MANY THANKS!  

Cheers,
    Thorsten
    Hi Thomas,

MANY THANKS!  

Cheers,
    Thorsten
    Ever think he's not allowed to show us anything yet?
  • Chris, simply that could be a statement from Thomas as well.
  • Chris, simply that could be a statement from Thomas as well.
    True. But I think at times we expect much more from Thomas/Fanatec than we do other companies. For instance, Microsoft announced the new Xbox quite some time ago. Yet we simply wait patiently for them to give us info on their schedule. We ask Thomas to work on our schedule I feel. Believe me I want info on the PS4 base too. Very, VERY much. But I know it's a waste of his time to come here and say, "nothing new I can say" every two weeks or so. Just my opinion not trying to offend anyone.
  • Your view is more than valid but it's different from mine. I would prefer to stay in contact with my customers especially when I'm part of the community in my CEO role. It would be simply kind from Thomas to drop a few lines here. Something like 'Be patient' or 'we are still woking on it'. That could be sufficient from my point of view.
  • Your view is more than valid but it's different from mine. I would prefer to stay in contact with my customers especially when I'm part of the community in my CEO role. It would be simply kind from Thomas to drop a few lines here. Something like 'Be patient' or 'we are still woking on it'. That could be sufficient from my point of view.
    Understood. Do you think they aren't working on it?
  • edited March 2017
    No I don't think so. I'm sure they are working on it. So I'll try to be more patient and will come back in some weeks...

Have a great time ahead meanwhile.
  • edited April 2017
    Last Friday was one of those days why I love my job.  :x
    I was invited by Kunos and Porsche to drive a 911 around the Vallelunga race track and had some great discussions there.

Gamereactor made this interview with me:

Thomas Fanatec needs to develop a direct drive wheel for PS4 & PC. look at (Leo Bodnar Sim Steering 2 (54) it's going for $4,149.00                                                                                                                                if Fanatec make one for that Price ill pay for it please just make one for all of us

Thomas Jackermeier  i hope you're reading this and put it into consideration i love you're products
    Thank you Thomas Jackermeier for all of you're good work 
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Your view is more than valid but it's different from mine. I would prefer to stay in contact with my customers especially when I'm part of the community in my CEO role. It would be simply kind from Thomas to drop a few lines here. Something like 'Be patient' or 'we are still woking on it'. That could be sufficient from my point of view.
    Please be patient. :smile:
  • Thanks a lot! I will. I have no choice... 
    :-bd
  • I envy Thomas for his hair.