Fanatec Beta Driver V281 for CSW V2 and V2.5

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Dxtweak2 is crashing with the lastest driver/fw.
    Could you have a look ? It was working fine with previous drivers.

Dxtweak2 is very useful to tweak the brake pedal linearity (can be useful on gaz pedal too), a feature I really hope we'll see implemented directly in fanatec driver one day (and why not in the wheel menu also, as for BrF, as this is a complementary feature that you would like to be able to tweak in realtime too, while driving).

I'm under win7 x64 sp1, with a cswv2, driver 281 and fw 259.

I can start Dxtweak2 if I plug an additionnal joystick, but then as soon as I switch to the cswv2 in dxtweak2 menu the software crashes (if I don't connect the additionnal joystick dxtweak2 will crash directly on start).

I tried with dxtweak2 v5.02.114, both x86 and x64 versions, and also with an older x86 version (4.30.229).
    I tried plugging the cswv2 in another usb3 port and also usb2 port, tried restarting the base and also win7, nothing helped.

I also tried disconnecting my cspv3 from the cswv2 (rj12) and dxtweak2 is still crashing.
    If I connect the cspv3 with usb cable then dxtweak2 will start, but then as soon as I switch to the cswv2 in dxtweak2 it makes the software crash.

I have not tried with another computer yet so if someone can try for double confirmation it would save me some hassle :p

Also note current driver/fw makes no issue with joy2key and diview (it seems the later allows the same linearity tweaking than dwtweak2 but it is more simple with dxtweak with which you see the modded response curves).
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    So far so good here running on Xbox One and PC. Happy to see the launching of control panel being fixed.
  • Is the new Drift Mode (-5 to 5) setting not going to be released for the V2? I was surprised not to see it when I just loaded the latest beta.
    The CSW v2.5 has a new motor that allows to control motor drag/resistance in a different way than the v2, so Drift Mode probably has a different implementation because of that.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited April 2017
    Only problem I am having is with the drift mode, im unable to set in the negatives only options are off to +5, everything else seems to be working great, im using v281 firmware v260, with v2.5 base, running on windows 7..

Is the new Drift Mode (-5 to 5) setting not going to be released for the V2? I was surprised not to see it when I just loaded the latest beta.
    "Sometimes" the Fanatec FAQs actually make sense and are worth reading ;-) Please check them out!
    https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/support/faq/details&id=101
  • Rinus HuismanRinus Huisman Member
    edited April 2017
    A quick reminder for people who want to install the new big W10 update or has installed it. You have to re-install these Fanatec Drivers again, or your wheel will not work properly. Like Joy.cpl, etc. 

I almost cried when I found out, because I already deleted my windows.old. Thank the German Gods that a re-install works. 
    A quick reminder for people who want to install the new big W10 update or has installed it. You have to re-install these Fanatec Drivers again, or your wheel will not work properly. Like Joy.cpl, etc. 
    Hi Rinus,

we did not hear about this issue so far. Do you have some documentation what was going wrong? What did not work? Any error messages? Our tests so far have shown no issues like that.
  • Hi Armin,
    I had the same problem, after the "Creators Update" all all hardware in the PC got newly recognized and the drivers where searched locally and got installed.
    In case of the Fanatec driver (in my case V281) the CSP V1, Handbrake and V1 Shifter where installed and working normaly as before the update. When I switched on the CSW V2 Base it got recognized and the driver installed but the control panel for the wheel base was not accessible. Repair install did not worked out, so I had to un-install the driver and re-install it. This time the Fanatec driver got fully installed and the control pannel for the wheel base is now showing up again.
    best,
    Paul
  • Exact same thing here. Uninstall and reinstall again in order to work.
  • A quick reminder for people who want to install the new big W10 update or has installed it. You have to re-install these Fanatec Drivers again, or your wheel will not work properly. Like Joy.cpl, etc. 
    Hi Rinus,

we did not hear about this issue so far. Do you have some documentation what was going wrong? What did not work? Any error messages? Our tests so far have shown no issues like that.
    Exactly what Paul and Javier replied. Hope it helped. 
  • I had the same issue here, Armin. Installed the Creators Update just now with v281 installed before hand, but after the update the wheel would be recognized by Windows and the driver did re-install.
    However, if you wanted to get into the Fanatec CSWv2 controller options you'd be stuck with the "initizializing..." message from the driver and it actually crashed Run32.DLL. This gave an error
    message within Windows' Applications log. 
    Plus I also got warning messages saying that both Steam.exe and FanaLeds were blocking the device removal, which ended six error messages on the DistributedCom.
    I have attached the log data below, but I am sorry for my Windows being in Dutch. I think you can reasonably figure it out from the standardized structure though, else... you've got my e-mail address. ;)

Log Data:

RUN32.DLL

Het programma rundll32.exe, versie 10.0.15063.0 reageert niet meer op Windows en is afgesloten. Als u wilt zien of er meer informatie over het probleem beschikbaar is, raadpleegt u de probleemgeschiedenis in het onderdeel Beveiliging en onderhoud van het Configuratiescherm.
     Proces-id: 5558
     Starttijd: 01d2b2e3925c428c
     Eindtijd: 1
     Toepassingspad: C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
     Rapport-id: 12d5b7a1-6d7d-45c5-868a-3f29b20796d3
     Volledige pakketnaam met fout: 
     Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout: 

- System
    - Provider
    [ Name] Application Hang
    - EventID 1002
    [ Qualifiers] 0
    Level 2
    Task 101
    Keywords 0x80000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2017-04-11T16:49:55.040884700Z
    EventRecordID 936
    Channel Application
    Computer Dreamer
    Security
    - EventData
    rundll32.exe
    01d2b2e3925c428c
    C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
    12d5b7a1-6d7d-45c5-868a-3f29b20796d3
    55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000

Binaire gegevens:

In woorden

0000: 006E0055 006E006B 0077006F 0000006E
    0010: 0000

In bytes

0000: 55 00 6E 00 6B 00 6E 00 U.n.k.n.
    0008: 6F 00 77 00 6E 00 00 00 o.w.n...
    0010: 00 00 ..

STEAM.EXE

The application \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe with process id 14196 stopped the removal or ejection for the device USB\VID_0EB7&PID_0001\6&1f916cd7&0&8.

- System
    - Provider
    [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
    [ Guid] {9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}
    EventID 225
    Version 0
    Level 3
    Task 223
    Opcode 0
    Keywords 0x8000000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2017-04-11T16:49:32.899486800Z
    EventRecordID 484
    Correlation
    - Execution
    [ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 17036
    Channel System
    Computer Dreamer
    - Security
    [ UserID] S-1-5-18
    - EventData

ProcessId 14196
    ProcessNameLength 59
    ProcessName \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe
    DeviceInstanceLength 36
    DeviceInstance USB\VID_0EB7&PID_0001\6&1f916cd7&0&8

FANALEDS.EXE

The application \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files (x86)\FanaLEDs\FanaLEDs.exe with process id 14916 stopped the removal or ejection for the device USB\VID_0EB7&PID_0001\6&1f916cd7&0&8.

- System
    - Provider
    [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
    [ Guid] {9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}
    EventID 225
    Version 0
    Level 3
    Task 223
    Opcode 0
    Keywords 0x8000000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2017-04-11T16:49:32.899488600Z
    EventRecordID 485
    Correlation
    - Execution
    [ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 17036
    Channel System
    Computer Dreamer
    - Security
    [ UserID] S-1-5-18
    - EventData
    ProcessId 14916
    ProcessNameLength 65
    ProcessName \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files (x86)\FanaLEDs\FanaLEDs.exe
    DeviceInstanceLength 36
    DeviceInstance USB\VID_0EB7&PID_0001\6&1f916cd7&0&8

DISTRIBUTEDCOM

De server {4AA0A5C4-1B9B-4F2E-99D7-99C6AEC83474} heeft zich niet binnen de vereiste termijn bij DCOM geregistreerd.
  • edited April 2017
    I have a issue In my CSW 2.5 

Suddenly only 3 of 4 leds in the circle around start button are on. Is this some kind a problem or warning? 

The FFB is normal but i noticed some change in the fans behavior 

What is happening?
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Having a couple issues with the latest firmware that has just started happening. Trying to figure out if its possibly the last Xbox update (I'm in the preview program) or the firmware itself. (CSW V2)

1. First time happening yesterday. Left the wheel idle for a couple of minutes and it turned itself off. Wouldn't turn on until I unplugged the brick and waited until the green light disappeared, plugged in and it was fine. 

2. When in PC mode and going to Xbox mode it wouldn't switch. Restarted while connected to the Xbox and still would not go into Xbox mode. I switch via the top Square + Y buttons, wouldn't switch. As above unplugged the brick, green light gone, plugged in and it worked. Tried again playing on PC worked fine but then when I went back to Xbox it did the same thing.

3. Random controller disconnect today while playing. 

• Can anyone with a CSW V2 verify if the FFB and center of the wheel feels like v176 firmware? None of the other firmware feels as good as 176 which feels perfect and spot on.
  • edited April 2017
    Can anyone with a CSW V2 verify if the FFB and center of the wheel feels like v176 firmware? None of the other firmware feels as good as 176 which feels perfect and spot on.
    ^^^Agree 100%^^^ I too liked DR_250/FW_176 the Best!!! I havent tried the New FW on the V2 but im using it on the V2.5 and the FFB and Center Feel is Very Good.
  • Just updated Win 10 to Creators Update and now the 281 Drivers that were working great have stopped. CSW V2.5 does not show up in the Wheel Property Page. Ran the 281 exe and chose the only option available "Repair", this put the CSW V2.5 back in the Windows Wheel Property Page but when I clicked on it a dialogue box came up to update and when it went away I could not get into the wheel on the property page. Rebooted and the wheel is gone again... Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Fanatec can you fix? happy to provide more detailed/accurate account if need be.

Thanks

Gil
  • Well I uninstalled and reinstalled 281 and all is well again. Disregard my post above.

Thanks

Gil
  • Which driver is recommend to install?
  • Which driver is recommend to install?
    v261 is the official released driver for the CSW v2, if it works for you then all is OK but you can try v281 as it should work fine too and it has the latets fixes and features. For the CSW v2.5 v281 is recommended at the moment.
    Can anyone with a CSW V2 verify if the FFB and center of the wheel feels like v176 firmware? None of the other firmware feels as good as 176 which feels perfect and spot on.
    Hi Nigel,

this is extremely unlikely. Please keep in mind that the wheel (base) does not really know where the center is and effects are always treated equally in our systems no matter in which position they are triggered. In our code changes the FFB system of the CSW V2 was not altered since version 176. It is a different story for the CSW V2.5 which was definitely affected by clear optimizations which have been done in firmware since the stock version (which has been on the devices when we shipped them).
  • David PayneDavid Payne Member
    edited April 2017
    I just set up my new v2.5 base.  I've tried the official drivers as well as these beta drivers for Windows 10 64 bit but the firmware updater fails to load the firmware and thus, I cannot use this.

"default hex file loading failed"

UPDATE:

Re-installing Windows solved the problem
  • I heard some stories, and experience myself, that in some games we lose the automatic wheel rotation. I think this is because of the beta-drivers and the new windows creators update. I only experience this in AMS. Some people do in AC. Might worth to be looked into? 
  • Why doesnt my rev strip and my mph on steering wheel show Up if I'm Iracing? I'm using the v 2.5 base latest fanaleds drivers I believe even tried it without fanaleds and can't get them to work? Do I need to wait for an update from iRacing to support my wheel base?
  • Why doesnt my rev strip and my mph on steering wheel show Up if I'm Iracing? I'm using the v 2.5 base latest fanaleds drivers I believe even tried it without fanaleds and can't get them to work? Do I need to wait for an update from iRacing to support my wheel base?
    The v2.5 needs to get support from iRacing and Fanaleds, yes.
  • I heard some stories, and experience myself, that in some games we lose the automatic wheel rotation. I think this is because of the beta-drivers and the new windows creators update. I only experience this in AMS. Some people do in AC. Might worth to be looked into? 
    What do you mean with 'automatic wheel rotation'?
  • Well, in AMS the wheel stays 900, even set to AUT. So the ingame lock is for example 630 so the wheel must automatically adjust to 630 too, but it stays 900. I do believe it's 281, because other people using CSW 2.5 are alright because they use the official driver. 
  • Well, in AMS the wheel stays 900, even set to AUT. So the ingame lock is for example 630 so the wheel must automatically adjust to 630 too, but it stays 900. I do believe it's 281, because other people using CSW 2.5 are alright because they use the official driver. 
    Ah you mean the soft stop at the rotation angle that the game sets?
    Ah you mean the soft stop at the rotation angle that the game sets?
    That's right. 
  • R3E has the same problem. Game settings are 540 and auto settings for wheel is on, but the wheel keeps 900 degrees. CSW V2 and V2.5
  • edited April 2017
    I have Notced this also.... Note that the Game Does set Correct Steering DOR per Car to the wheel but the Soft Lock will Not Stop wheel once Car Max DOR is Reached...EX: Game sets Car DOR 540 on Screen wheel will Stop but CSW v2.5 will keep rotating beyond 540 to 900 if you keep turning it....This Rarely Bugs or bothers Me because the Wheel DOR is set correctly to the Wheel by game so i rarely actually even Notice the soft lock did Not Kick in because its time to straighten wheel again.
  • I have this in R3E too, but I do believe that is because CSW 2.5 is not supported, yet. By R3E itself. 
This discussion has been closed.