Fanatec Beta Driver V281 for CSW V2 and V2.5

Comments

• Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    Hi Guys,

setting the steering angle by the game is also an SDK feature. It can only work if the game uses the latest PC SDK and supports the CSW V2.5. So R3E must be updated to resolve the issue.
  • Sorry.  Honestly, I do not know much about downloading firmware files.  I contacted Fanatec support because the April XB1 system update causes my V2 to connect about 3 times in 200 attempts now.  So he replies with a link to this forum page and says to download the 281 firmware.  I will try once I can find the actual 281 file.  Where is the file please?  All I see are discussions about it.  But no file to copy.  How do I navigate to the 281 file?
  • I realized the ZIP file IS the 281 firmware.  So I will try this tonight after work.  Sorry for the dumb moment.  I just wish this firmware subject was more formalized by Fanatec  (presented on their web page better)  
  • Hi Guys,

setting the steering angle by the game is also an SDK feature. It can only work if the game uses the latest PC SDK and supports the CSW V2.5. So R3E must be updated to resolve the issue.
    I've asked Reiza Studios is this the case with AMS. And a friend of mine who is beta tester in R3E has asked the same to the developers there. Fingers crossed. 
  • Day 1 of install yesterday,  V2 worked with my XB1 brilliantly.  No need to use the XB controller.  Day 2 (today),  NO connectivity to XB1 !  Power up > Red light.  No green.  No white light on the Hub.  NOTHING.  Tried the hot keys to manually switch to XB mode.  Only changes to a white ring of light.  Tried 10 times.  Now what?
  • Day 1 of install yesterday,  V2 worked with my XB1 brilliantly.  No need to use the XB controller.  Day 2 (today),  NO connectivity to XB1 !  Power up > Red light.  No green.  No white light on the Hub.  NOTHING.  Tried the hot keys to manually switch to XB mode.  Only changes to a white ring of light.  Tried 10 times.  Now what?
    Please contact Fanatec Support (chat, email).
  • I did. Will wait for reply.
    I did re-flash the V281 last night. V2 connected to XB1.  We'll see if it works the next day.  Also noticed that the cooling fan did not turn on.  Unit got pretty warm after 50 min of use. 
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited April 2017

Day 1 of install yesterday,  V2 worked with my XB1 brilliantly.  No need to use the XB controller.  Day 2 (today),  NO connectivity to XB1 !  Power up > Red light.  No green.  No white light on the Hub.  NOTHING.  Tried the hot keys to manually switch to XB mode.  Only changes to a white ring of light.  Tried 10 times.  Now what?
    Hi Robert,

I know it might sound odd but did you try switching modes from the buttons on the top of the HUB? they dont work from the button boxes in this firmware. Just a thought
  • Have been using the beta drivers, but ran into a small bug. The DRI setting won't save when I turn the wheel off/on. It has to be manually set every time..
  • I heard some stories, and experience myself, that in some games we lose the automatic wheel rotation. I think this is because of the beta-drivers and the new windows creators update. I only experience this in AMS. Some people do in AC. Might worth to be looked into? 
    I am experiencing this in RaceRoom.
  • Where does one go to get the beta driver?
    Where does one go to get the beta driver?
    V281? First page of this thread
  • Thanks Joseph!
  • csl p1 wheel doesn't calibrate the wheel center csw v2.5 v281
  • V 2.5 and csl p1 using provided software link on web page but profiler works untill shut down, come back and dose nothing, have to re install it then it wil work, also, the wheel has very little resistance in game as if ffb is turned off, can anyone help?
  • Rinus HuismanRinus Huisman Member
    edited May 2017
    I do believe all ISI-based games (AMS, rF2, R3E) can't handle the automatic wheel rotation of the 2.5 or beta drivers, because I face the same issue with rFactor 2 too now. Super weird, because all other games are fine for me. 

edited May 2017
    V 2.5 and csl p1 using provided software link on web page but profiler works untill shut down, come back and dose nothing, have to re install it then it wil work, also, the wheel has very little resistance in game as if ffb is turned off, can anyone help?
    Hi Michael,

would you please come to our support live chat? It looks like your problem is not that easy to describe and not yet known. I also check your support inquiry and our support team is having a hard time answering since it is a bit unclear how the issue really looks. Did you check that FF is 100% in the tuning menu? Did you make the FFB test in the driver? It is rattling strongly? Which operating system are you using?

"V 2.5 and csl p1 using provided software link on web page but profiler works untill shut down, come back and dose nothing, have to re install it then it wil work"

Not sure what that means...would be great if you could the support team some screenshots and more detailed information how the issue looks like which you are facing. Please also keep our support live chat in mind! It should be perfect to discuss such an issue which is rather unclear.

THX!
  • edited May 2017
    After Creators Update I have a strange problem with my CSL Elite: when I turn it on and set it to PC mode, the wheel is very hard to turn. I can't open Fanatec driver as it keeps showing the initialization message; as soon as I get on track with Assetto Corsa, the wheel gets light again and works properly.
    If, instead, I choose to drive with rFactor 2, the wheel always has this sort of spring effect on and I can't basically feel anything at all while driving, except for some bumps here and there because it's just like if the base is saturating all the time.

Edit: this with driver 261 and firmware 206.
    Edit2: reinstalling the driver seems to have fixed the issue. I previously only tried a repair, but it seems that it had to be reinstalled from scratch.
  • V 2.5 and csl p1 using provided software link on web page but profiler works untill shut down, come back and dose nothing, have to re install it then it wil work, also, the wheel has very little resistance in game as if ffb is turned off, can anyone help?
    Hi Michael,

would you please come to our support live chat? It looks like your problem is not that easy to describe and not yet known. I also check your support inquiry and our support team is having a hard time answering since it is a bit unclear how the issue really looks. Did you check that FF is 100% in the tuning menu? Did you make the FFB test in the driver? It is rattling strongly? Which operating system are you using?

"V 2.5 and csl p1 using provided software link on web page but profiler works untill shut down, come back and dose nothing, have to re install it then it wil work"

Not sure what that means...would be great if you could the support team some screenshots and more detailed information how the issue looks like which you are facing. Please also keep our support live chat in mind! It should be perfect to discuss such an issue which is rather unclear.

THX!
    Okay okay it seems there was a slight user error on my part : ) Everything is much better now, Thank you for the assistance Fanatec!
  • edited May 2017
    Using beta firmware, csw v2 is no longer recognized as G27 in PS3 mode but as Driving Force USB with less buttons, will there be issues with compatibility (no clutch etc) or is it a bug ?
  • edited May 2017
    Question is FW 281 compatable and stable with the XBox1 universal HUB??? Reason is i was trying to play Forza Horizon3 on the PC and the v2.5 was not even recognized by the game.. I was not able to map any buttons or Pedals...Then i put on the XB1 hub and tried to play Forza Horizon3 on XB1 and the wheel did Not work well at all... The FFB kept cutting in and out and also the buttons were messed up and random...EX: the gas pedal would activate Gas and look left at the same time, and same but vice versa for the Brake pedal.

Its been a while since i have played FH3 but as i remember it worked just fine with the V2 wheel.

Is any 1 else having a issue with FH3??? also i can Not get the wheel base to switch to Xbox1 mode after from PC mode by pushing the X/Double squares button combination...am i using the wrong button combination??? The only way i can Get the XB1 hub in XBox1 mode is to reflash the wheel FW with the XBox1 Hub attached to the wheel base and when it restarts it will be in Xbox1 mode.
    edited May 2017
    Hey Lorell,

No issues at all for me with Horizon or any other game. it's actually one of the most stable and good feeling FW's.

I mentioned the switching to X1 mode issues earlier but figured out that you have to use the top buttons to change modes as the front buttons won't do it.

• The x/Double Square Button combo right??? I been Pushing it both ways on the Rim and on the Hub... Can you walk Me through the steps in the Order you follow to make it switch to XB1 mode....Also are using the 2.5??? its been a while since ive been on XB1 but i dont recall the V2 giving Me any problems putting it into XB1 mode.... Could it be a v2 5 thing???
    edited May 2017
    The x/Double Square Button combo right??? I been Pushing it both ways on the Rim and on the Hub... Can you walk Me through the steps in the Order you follow to make it switch to XB1 mode....Also are using the 2.5??? its been a while since ive been on XB1 but i dont recall the V2 giving Me any problems putting it into XB1 mode.... Could it be a v2 5 thing???
    I plug the base into the Xbox while in standby mode. Then plug the power into the wall. turn base on and it will start up X1. From there if it doesn't go into Xbox One mode I use the Double Square + Y buttons on top (not X).

If that still doesn't work. last time I had to unplug power from the brick until the LED went out. For some reason that reset it allowing it to go into Xbox Mode.
  • So - still having connectivity problems with my V2 & XB1.  Reply from F support is so general, it makes me pull my hair out!  Fabian Schlick says: I have to upload V281 because MS has issued an update for xbox!  Genius!  WHY wont my V2 connect to XB1 system?  Why am I having connectivity problems is the question!!!  NOT: Why do I have to update.  I never asked this question. 

Most times I do not get the white LED light on the HUB.   Sometimes I get the white LED on the hub about 30 sec after the green power light.  But it STILL isn't talking to the XB1!  I press buttons & nothing.  And then the V2 unit changes to a single green light instead of a full ring of green light.  It just doesn't work!  I can't be the only one having basic connectivity problems to the Xbox One system!   Everything worked great before the April MS update. 

• The ONLY way my V2 wheel works with Xbox One right now is: I have to re-flash V281 to the wheel EVERY TIME I want to use the wheel!  The Second day of use, I get no connectivity.  Have to re-flash V281 again & the wheel works just fine again.  Why is this so? 
    The ONLY way my V2 wheel works with Xbox One right now is: I have to re-flash V281 to the wheel EVERY TIME I want to use the wheel!  The Second day of use, I get no connectivity.  Have to re-flash V281 again & the wheel works just fine again.  Why is this so? 

Hi Robert. Are you using your wheel on both PC and Xbox One?
    edited May 2017
    @ Robert
    Do you have a chance to try your wheel base connected to any other XBO? 
  • edited May 2017
    Thanks Joseph Gossen :D indeed i was pushing the double square + X button combo is why i could Not get the wheel into XB1 mode...double squares + Y wheel went into XB1 mode right away...All is working as it should now  \:D/

Can you tell me what is the button combo to set the wheel back into PC mode???

Yup its been that long since i played on XB1 that i forgot Everything!!! The XBox1 dash board Looks like a maze for Me to Navigate it Now  8-}
  • Hey guys, getting a lot of fan noise after about 10 minutes of use, title/car/circuit combo do not have an influence on the fan noise. It seems to be present while using any title. Anyone else experiencing this with the v2.5 wheelbase?

Cheers, AussieStig
This discussion has been closed.