Fanatec Beta Driver V281 for CSW V2 and V2.5

Comments

• Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    Hi Mark,

sorry but nobody will be able to answer a question like that. "A lot of fan noise" is quite relative since everybody senses the sound from the fans different. At the same time the fan speed is driven by the power that the base has to output as well as the heat/temperature. For example if you drive Race07/Race Injection for 10 minutes and do not turn of the (obsolete) constant spring which is always on in the game, the base will be much warmer than in Assetto Corsa with Maximum Force after many hours. 

It is clear and known that the fans are audible which is just the case with over 100 watts of power going into the motor. So we can only find out if the sound is within the normal range and this can only be answered by the support by sending them a video and maybe only in the service center with a direct comparison which the customer does not have in normal cases.
  • edited May 2017
    Greetings, could someone tell me how and where to download the driver ?. Thank you very much.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Greetings, could someone tell me how and where to download the driver ?. Thank you very much.
    first post of this thread for V281 otherwise "downloads" section under the wheel base page.
  • where do I get the v281 driver for my wheel csw v2.5?

all see is discussions about them.

thanks

edited May 2017
    Hi John,

in the link from the first post in the thread ;-) Rafael just asked the same question right before you and got it answered already.
  • The ONLY way my V2 wheel works with Xbox One right now is: I have to re-flash V281 to the wheel EVERY TIME I want to use the wheel!  The Second day of use, I get no connectivity.  Have to re-flash V281 again & the wheel works just fine again.  Why is this so? 

Hi Robert. Are you using your wheel on both PC and Xbox One?
    Hey Joseph.  I am using only the xbox one.  I don't have a PC available or capable of gaming.

• @ Robert
    Do you have a chance to try your wheel base connected to any other XBO? 
    Hey Armin.  All I have is one XB1.  It would be nice to try on a second XB1 for comparison.  But like I said, connectivity to my XB1 was always first time with older firmware.  Maybe I should go back to 261.  But maybe 261 is not in sync with the April MS system update.  Suggestions?
  • edited May 2017
    Look up how to reset your Xbox USB ports on Google or youtube... resetting the USB port should Fix your Problem.
    also check to make sure your XB1 has the latest update.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited May 2017
    I wonder how many of these issues are indeed directly related to Win10 and its forced updates, as my Win8 build is working pretty much flawlessly, however, my Win10 build does indeed also suffer a few issues. Im doing the majorty of testing on Win8.1 simply due to its stability as its much less infuriating.
  • Look up how to reset your Xbox USB ports on Google or youtube... resetting the USB port should Fix your Problem.
    also check to make sure your XB1 has the latest update.
    My XB1 def has the latest update.  That's when all the grief began.  Reset the USBs.  Never heard of that.  I will research & try it.  Thx.
  • edited May 2017
    Has any 1 else on PC/Steam get a update in the last 2 days that caused Fanaleds to Not work correctly??? I noticed in R3E that the Steering Soft Lock and Auto DOR is working Now but Fanaleds is working Very Random... EX: Rev lights will Get stuck Full/ Halfway or Just Not work, Rim Motors/Pedal Vibrating at Random and will continue to Vibrate even when Game is paused.... Fanaleds Not working at all in Pcars.
  • Just got my CSW V2.5. Is it true that in iRacing the Leds on the wheels are not supported yet?
  • Hello Again,
    my Problems dont stop.
    I drive on Xbox One PCars. With my CSW V2.5 Xbox Hub and CSL Elite LC
    My Problem is:
    1. If I turn the steering wheel a quarter turn also 90 degrees is the case with me full steering.

2. The brake pedal is about 5% and the brakes overheat

When i make the Base off and then on it works great.
    So i drive in the Box and i drive on the Road the Problem is back there.The settings simply change by themselves
    What can i do. So i dont can Race
    @ Lorrell
    Would you please report that to Fanaleds team? You know...this is not our software and they will be happy to get useful feedback.

@ Paul
    Very possible. If iRacing did not update their code with the new Fanatec SDK this might be the case.

@ Stefan
    How did you set SEN on your Wheel? Please connect your Wheel (Base) to the PC and install the driver. Then you can check if the pedals work perfectly in the driver. You can also manually calibrate your pedals then or reset the automatic calibration which can resolve such problems. The support team (send case, start chat or call) can help you more direct to resolve such a problem.
  • Hi , I recently uptaded windows, since this update I cannot open the fanatec wheel property . I have windows 10.

• edited May 2017
    Hi , I recently uptaded windows, since this update I cannot open the fanatec wheel property . I have windows 10.

You have to uninstall the Fanatec Driver (I usually perform a Disk Clean up & Defrag after uninstal But this is optional... I just think it will help to get a Clean Fresh Driver reinstall)---> Restart the PC and Reinstall the Fanatec Driver....Start your wheel it will do the initialization thing as if your connecting the wheel for the first time---> It could take a Few Min depending on your PC but this is Normal----> After initialization Completes Restart the PC and test.....following these steps should Solve your problem
  • My new V2.5 is working well, however I have the issue where the control panel won't always open.  Sometimes it will open just fine, but generally after playing a game and then trying to re-open it, nothing.  If I double click on my CSL Elite LC pedal's their control panel opens, but neither of the CSW V2.5 panels will open if I double click on them.  I'm using Windows 10 (1607) and the wheel works perfectly well otherwise.

I've actually tried uninstalling the drivers, but it will hang indefinitely during the uninstall process.  The green progress bar gets to about 1/4 of the way, then stops. When this happens, everything appears to work on the surface, however if I force close the driver uninstallation, or try to reboot, my machine will hang indefinitely on the blue 'restarting' screen.  

Upon restarting I'm able to reinstall the drivers without issue and continue on, but I am still unable to consistently open the control panel.
  • My new V2.5 is working well, however I have the issue where the control panel won't always open.  Sometimes it will open just fine, but generally after playing a game and then trying to re-open it, nothing.  If I double click on my CSL Elite LC pedal's their control panel opens, but neither of the CSW V2.5 panels will open if I double click on them.  I'm using Windows 10 (1607) and the wheel works perfectly well otherwise.

I've actually tried uninstalling the drivers, but it will hang indefinitely during the uninstall process.  The green progress bar gets to about 1/4 of the way, then stops. When this happens, everything appears to work on the surface, however if I force close the driver uninstallation, or try to reboot, my machine will hang indefinitely on the blue 'restarting' screen.  

Upon restarting I'm able to reinstall the drivers without issue and continue on, but I am still unable to consistently open the control panel.
    Are you using FW281??? if Not then this is the problem... its a known issue that the older FW's have the problem opening the Fanatec control panel/Properties page.
  • Hello.
    I use the 2.5 base + bmw gt2 for some days now but today the drift mode settings seems to bug.
    Before i coult set it up for "-5" to "+5" but now it's to "off" to "+5".
    i'm usign the lastest beta driver/firmware

Any idea ?

thanks
  • Hi,
    I have the exact OPPOSITE problem as Sylvain. Same equipment (CSW 2.5 + BMW GT2 on V281 beta drivers)
    Everything was working perfectly until today, I updated the firmware, and the drift mode goes wrong. Before I could set it from OFF to +5, but now goes from -5 to +5 and the FFB feels totally wrong and my base heats and loose FFB after some laps.
    I had similar issues with the driver and firmware from the v273. Then contacted support and recomend me to jump to beta v277 and worked nicely, then v281 worked perfectly too until the latest firmware update.... 
    I try to roll it back to v277 and v281 but somehow doesn`t work any more.

I use the 2.5 base + bmw gt2 for some days now but today the drift mode settings seems to bug.
    Before i coult set it up for "-5" to "+5" but now it's to "off" to "+5".
    i'm usign the lastest beta driver/firmware
    Hi Sylvain,

Everybody always says he is using the latest driver/firmware. Please let us know which driver and firmware version you have installed. I guess it would be best if you sent the support team a video showing the issue.

@ Ignacio
    On the CSW V2.5 the drift mode MUST go from -5 to +5. I guess you did not yet check the FAQ article of the new drift mode. Please check it. THX:
    https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/support/faq/details&id=101
  • Hello
    I'm isung the driver provided in file Fanatec_64_driver_281.beta.msi (md5 = 1CDC6D0FB388F99C3F28066A49AC74FB)

thanks
  • Hi. New fanatec v2.5 p1 2.81 driver. When i turn the wheel all the way to left it stops and everything ok. When turn right to the bump stop, ffb is moving the wheel littlebit? Is this normal or is my calibration little bit off
  • Thank you for the answer Armin,

I went through the FAQ, fiddle around with the wheel, but still felt weird. The FFB was working really strange. It´s hard for me to explain it, but something like the wheel was steering the car by itself, catching opposite lock even before I could react to it.

I was updated to 260 firmware yesterday (using the beta 281 drivers as I stated before). Somehow I think it didn´t work for me.

I rolled down the drivers to the 277 beta and the firmware to 251. Now seems to be as it was before, no issues at all...
  • edited May 2017

Hello, I have a problem with my csw v2, mainly iracing game, it works perfectly but after about 45 minutes, I start to feel jerks in the FFB and I notice that at certain turning times it disconnects and reconnects the steering wheel, I'm leaving To properties of fanatec and I observe that turning slowly the steering wheel at some point there are disconnections, removing the steering wheel of the quick release is solved until they happen again another 45 minutes or so. You know that it may be due? I have tried several firmware. The fans work well. Thanks. Regards

• Hello, I have a problem with my csw v2, mainly iracing game, it works perfectly but after about 45 minutes, I start to feel jerks in the FFB and I notice that at certain turning times it disconnects and reconnects the steering wheel, I'm leaving To properties of fanatec and I observe that turning slowly the steering wheel at some point there are disconnections, removing the steering wheel of the quick release is solved until they happen again another 45 minutes or so. You know that it may be due? I have tried several firmware. The fans work well. Thanks. Regards

You should contact Fanatec Support.
  • edited May 2017
    Just tried Forza Horizon 3 on PC and I'm not getting any FFB with the beta drivers on CSW V2, it worked with the 261 driver.  I tried the Porsche Rim as well as the Xbox one Hub with Forza wheel, but neither have FFB.  The wheel is working in the game just no FFB.    This is on Windows 10 with the creators update. I tried other racing games and the FFB is fine. 

• Tarmo VallistTarmo Vallist Member
    edited May 2017
    Just tried Forza Horizon 3 on PC and I'm not getting any FFB with the beta drivers on CSW V2, it worked with the 261 driver.  I tried the Porsche Rim as well as the Xbox one Hub with Forza wheel, but neither have FFB.  The wheel is working in the game just no FFB.    This is on Windows 10 with the creators update. I tried other racing games and the FFB is fine. 

Same with Forza Motorsport Apex - no FFB (CSW V2, driver 281)
  • Anyone else have the pedels move the mouse down until u press speeder down about 20% this is in mac and win (bootcamp) not doing it on my ps4 ??

• edited May 2017
    Strange... Im just Now Noticing that i can Not Access the second CSW v2.5 properties window with FW 281... I get a Error Message saying it cant be accessed... I cant Remember if it was always this way or has something Changed???.... Any 1 else Notice this??? The First Properties page opens and works fine.... wheel seems to be working Normally.
This discussion has been closed.