Fanatec Beta Driver V281 for CSW V2 and V2.5

1235»

Comments

• Strange... Im just Now Noticing that i can Not Access the second CSW v2.5 properties window with FW 281... I get a Error Message saying it cant be accessed... I cant Remember if it was always this way or has something Changed???.... Any 1 else Notice this??? The First Properties page opens and works fine.... wheel seems to be working Normally.
    Using DR_281 Can any 1 verify if you can access and open Both CSW v2.5 profiles while in the Fanatec wheel properties page???.... I can only open 1 and the other Gives a Error Message.... The wheel seems to be working as it should... Im just wondering if something Changed or if this is something i missed when first testing this DR/FW<--- I was sooo Happy the Emulate Mouse feature was working well i dont know if i investigated opening the 2nd wheel proifile window :-B
  • edited May 2017
    I am having the same issue not being able to access both v2.5 profiles..( they use to show up in top of each other now they don't)...I get the error on the 2nd 1 but it opens on the other.....it was good on the first install then it wouldn't work on 273 so I updated to 281( it also asked me to update the motor but don't think it worked) had issues with it finding device .I got it to update but still can't get the 2nd 1 to open... What could cause this and any ideas to fix it?
  • I updated to Windows creators edition and can no longer install any Fanatec drivers. I have tried both official and beta drivers.

I have CSW v2 and CS Pedals v3.

It appears that windows installs its own game control drivers,  I then get the wheel base and pedals showing up correctly, but when I install the Fanatec drivers and select the wheel base and pedals properties option there is a message box saying "initializing device" and then the wheel base and pedals disappear from the game controller.

I have tried the method detailed earlier in this thread by Lorrell Waddell but I still get the same results. I have even uninstalled the creators edition but have the same problem.

Before the update all was OK but whatever I try I can no longer access the wheel base or pedals properties to make adjustments.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  • edited May 2017
    I updated to Windows creators edition and can no longer install any Fanatec drivers. I have tried both official and beta drivers.

It appears that windows installs its own game control drivers,  I then get the wheel base and pedals showing up correctly, but when I install the Fanatec drivers and select the wheel base and pedals properties option there is a message box saying "initializing device" and then the wheel base and pedals disappear from the game controller.

I have tried the method detailed earlier in this thread by Lorrell Waddell but I still get the same results. I have even uninstalled the creators edition but have the same problem.

Before the update all was OK but whatever I try I can no longer access the wheel base or pedals properties to make adjustments.

I had to Read back from My comments a few pages back to remember i could access both wheel properties pages before... after windows updates i can no longer access both... but as long as the wheel works No Big Deal... Its the windows updates thats screwing with things---> Im sure it will be sorted with the Next DR/ FW update---> the CSW v2.5 seems to be working fine even though i cant access the 2nd wheel properties page<---this is what matters Most to Me---> I just thought it was odd that 1 window wont open Now....We can probably get the 2nd wheel properties page working again but it would involve going into PC settings and Un-installing the wheel USB Driver-->Then Connect the wheel and it will initialize like its the First Time that the wheel is being Hooked up--->Problem is How Long will it keep working because MS keeps downloading updates changing stuff--->But as i Noted wheel works fine and Feels Normal so i think i will leave it be until New DR/FW is released. Best Advise if wheel is working as it should wait for the Next FW and see what happens.
  • Lisa HolmgrenLisa Holmgren Member
    edited May 2017
    I updated to Windows creators edition and can no longer install any Fanatec drivers. I have tried both official and beta drivers.

I also have Pedals V3 and V2 base, same thing here, BUT just uninstall Fanatec drivers, restart PC, the reinstall Fanatec drivers again. Had to do this total of 3 times after some of the Win10CE updates....
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    Hi guys,

thx for the error report. Would you please check if the issue ist still happening with this driver:

It is still an alpha version and the included firmwares are not 100% tested so far. But we are close to release a new driver which will bring new firmwares.
  • v2 base and v3 pedals plugged in and wheel base started

No Fanatec driver installed and both the pedals and wheel base show in Game Controllers with no errors in device Manager but I only get the
    Windows Game Controller Callibration.

When I install the Fanatec drivers v284 64bit I get errors in Device Driver and the wheel base and pedals disappear from Game Controllers.

When I go to Windows Settings>Devices I get Driver errors for the pedals and wheel base. 
    I'm stumped for ideas I must have spend 5 hours trying to find a solution.

• edited May 2017
    Armin Habermann---> Thanks i can confirm that this New Driver 284 opens both Windows in the Fanatec Wheel properties page-->CSW v2.5--> Windows 10/64-bit--> Version 1607----> OS Build 14393.1198 <---Im Not sure if i have the Creators Edition update or Not.
  • edited May 2017
    v2 base and v3 pedals plugged in and wheel base started

No Fanatec driver installed and both the pedals and wheel base show in Game Controllers with no errors in device Manager but I only get the
    Windows Game Controller Callibration.

When I install the Fanatec drivers v284 64bit I get errors in Device Driver and the wheel base and pedals disappear from Game Controllers.

When I go to Windows Settings>Devices I get Driver errors for the pedals and wheel base. 
    I'm stumped for ideas I must have spend 5 hours trying to find a solution.

1st thing make sure you close Fanaleds before deleting and Re-installing the New DR--> if Fanaleds is active it may have its hooks in the Old wheel Dr and not let it fully/100% Uninstall-->perform a disk clean up then Restart PC-->Re-install New Dr 284 then test...If this doesn't work then---> go back to the Devices menu and try to Delete the 2 items with the error marks on them...then plug the wheel back in so it will initialize as if the wheel is connecting for the first time....I had a look in My PC at those settings i cant tell which 2 are related to the wheel.

If that does not work Look it up on you tube "how to delete old USB drivers" and delete anything that you don't know what it is....this will Not Hurt even if you delete a USB Driver that you use because when you plug the device in again it will re-install the USB driver automatically---> this is what your hoping to do with the wheel--> to get it to re-install the USB driver fresh<--- seems that your USB driver that runs the wheel could be corrupted some how.

I have done this before and it worked!!! trust me I'm No PC tec and if i can do it you can to---> youtube University!!!
  • Thanks Lorrell Waddell for taking the time to to try and help me. I'll give it a go when I get home from work.  :)
  • I tried all the options advised but unfortunately I still had the same installation errors. :(

So I bit the bullet, took a deep breath and clicked the reset this PC button (keeping all my files but no apps) and thankfully I now can access the wheel and pedal properties again :)

Its just going to take half a day to get everything installed again, the wifes away this weekend so I know what I'll be doing.

Thanks again for your help.
  • Rinus HuismanRinus Huisman Member
    edited May 2017
    It might be that the current drivers are bugged but perhaps it's also an ISI-engine problem. I solved the automatic rotation in AMS, but it won't work in rFactor 2 or R3E as example. 

I think I fixed it.

I switched the usbports of my pedals and base. In game I noticed the steering wheel joy and axis was now onto the throttle, so I had to remap. Went in game and it suddenly worked flawlessy.

Another note is that the base is now higher placed than my pedals in joy.cpl
    | Do note this was a issue in WRC 6. Perhaps it's also an issue for Reiza.

At last I can tell it's probably a joy or axis problem.

Solution: Try other usb ports or place the base higher than your other devices in joy.cpl or change your joy or axis with a program

I was thinking perhaps it's the driver having a missing joy or axis, or so. And when you switch ports it changes to the good joy or axis. Also might be an ID problem in Joy.cpl. But I am sure it's the game developers work to make sure the wheel get's recognised first and then the rest.No matter the order in Joy.cpl.

Thank you for reading,

Rinus
    So I bit the bullet, took a deep breath and clicked the reset this PC button (keeping all my files but no apps) and thankfully I now can access the wheel and pedal properties again :)

Its just going to take half a day to get everything installed again, the wifes away this weekend so I know what I'll be doing.
    Hi Stephen,

yea, sometimes there are unique issues on a PC system which can only be resolved with a fresh OS. It is just not possible that the/a driver controls all variables which are possibly involved. We're happy to have you back on track now :-)
  • ok having issues again, my power button stays red, nothing i do works, I hit power button to turn off and it wont work, I hit double square button and y to got to xb mode that dosent work, I hit settings button it wont work. Only pedals show up in profiler as well. I have tried updates and rolling back. Any suggestions?

Im on pc win 8.1

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    ok having issues again, my power button stays red, nothing i do works, I hit power button to turn off and it wont work, I hit double square button and y to got to xb mode that dosent work, I hit settings button it wont work. Only pedals show up in profiler as well. I have tried updates and rolling back. Any suggestions?

Im on pc win 8.1

Hey Michael,

Try unplugging the brick until the green light completely goes out. Plug it back in, Connect to the Xbox and start up the wheel. see if that puts it into Xbox Mode.
    ok having issues again, my power button stays red, nothing i do works, I hit power button to turn off and it wont work, I hit double square button and y to got to xb mode that dosent work, I hit settings button it wont work. Only pedals show up in profiler as well. I have tried updates and rolling back. Any suggestions?

Im on pc win 8.1

Hi Michael,

the support chat would be the perfect address to get help. You did not even mention which hardware you are using :-/ Install the latest driver (V289) and try to update the firmware manually by long pressing the START button when the wheel is off. It will start blinking blue and the firmware updater will be launched.
  • hi , I have driver version : 261 and firmware version : 204  is that the latest one ? I updated from the fanatic wheel properties , update page .
  • hi , I have driver version : 261 and firmware version : 204  is that the latest one ? I updated from the fanatic wheel properties , update page .
    https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/wheel-bases/clubsport-wheel-base-v2-5.html#downloads
  • bonsoir, je viens d'acheter la v2.5 plus pédalier v3 plus boitier de vitesse et frein a main , je cherche a mettre tous cela en route et je ne comprend rien du tout en informatique je lis plein de forum cherche des vidéo  en français met je ne trouve pas grand chose comme explication cherche une âme qui me viendrez en aide pour télécharger le pilote et le firmware qui faut  .merci .mon adresse : [email protected]
  • edited December 2017
    Salut Jacques, tu as tout ce qu'il faut sur la home page -- download-- "select product" et de l'aide ici  " http://www.iracing.fr/forum/ "
  • This forum is English only.
  • Hello everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone can help me: I'm looking for old driver package, probably this version or older with firmware 199 or earlier for my Servo V2 base. I upgraded to the latest v292 and things are not going well. PS3 mode is gone. Assetto corsa & PC2 playing in 5min get the wheel locked up . I'd like to revert to older drivers but can't find them on this website.

thanks
    Hi,

you can try v261 which is still available here:
    https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/support/product;old_product_id;58
This discussion has been closed.