Fanatec Beta Driver V289 for CSW V1, CSW V2, CSW V2.5, CSL E WB, CSL E PS4

Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
New beta driver V289 for testing purpose!

Install only if you are used to beta software and potential issues using such early software.
No support can be given to beta software.
If you have problems...revert to driver v281 or v261 and the included firmwares!
...alternatively previous beta drivers can be tested which are available in the forum.

Supported Wheels / Wheel Bases:
CSW V1, CSW V2, CSW V2.5, CSL E WB, CSL E PS4

Other USB accessories should also work fine:
CSP V1, CSP V2, CSP V3, CSP V3i, CSL E P (LCK), CSR E P, CS USB

Accessories which are connected directly to a wheel / wheel base or USB pedals are not directly affected by the driver.

Changes:

• CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™ is fully supported
  • New firmwares included:
     - CSW V1 Base : CSW_Base_V300_rev1047_app
     - CSW V2 Base : CSW_V2_Base_V299_rev1046_app
     - CSW V2.5 Base : CSW_V2_5_Base_V298_rev1044_app
     - CSL E Base : CSL_E_W_Base_V296_rev1042_app
     - CSL E Base PS4 : CSL_E_PS4_Base_V297_rev1043_app => Newer than the FW on retail units. Recommeded to be installed!
     - EBLDC (CSW V2.5 / CSL PS4 Motor Driver): EBLDC_V18_rev162_app
  • Wheel bases do now remember the mode in which mode it was used. 
    - If you are using a CSW V2 (or CSW V2.5, CSL E WB) with UHX in PC mode and you restart the wheel it will boot directly into the PC mode again
    - Same goes for the CSL E PS4. It will remember if you used PC, PS4 or the compatibility mode.
  • Updated UWP support on all wheels for Forza Games in Windows 10
  • Fixed issue that control panel does not open
  • DEA and LIN has been removed from the tuning menu (it has been evaluated that those settings are not used by most customers and only confuse most users)
  • Spring effects have been optimized (be aware that you only benefit from this change IF a game/simulation uses spring effects)
  • Spring effect scaling using SPR in the tuning menu (be aware that you only benefit from this change IF a spring effect is used/activated by a game/simulation)
  • CSL PS4 firmware corrections
    - handbrake issues fixed
    - shifter SQ mode fixed
Known issues:
  • None so far

Please report all issues which are found in this thread. Like mentioned before...there will be no support for the beta driver but all issues will be investigated to be resolved in future versions.

If you find any issues please post clear steps how the issue can be reproduced.

Please make sure that you mention as much information as possible (products/hardware involved, OS version, FW version, etc.) when you are describing problems with the new software. Videos/screenshots might ge a great help to analyze the issue.

If you find any issues while using this additional software please first deactivate the 3rd party software to make SURE if it is realted to the issue BEFORE posting it. We would still be interested in such software incompatibilites.

Thank you very much and have fun testing!

Comments

• Good news. :)
  • Hi Armin, WIN7, CSLE Base (non PS4), P1 wheel here. Driver installs fine. Firmware updates fine as well. Rev-lights on base are now off after base initialization and modes can be switched again. Well done. I'll do some driving over the weekend and report back in case anything is wrong.
  • Csw 2.5 p1 everything works. Removing dea and lin is good. Spring is littlebit heavier in dirt rally i think
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    Changelog updated - "remember modes" function was missing!
  • MIght want to check the drivers for missing or bugged axis / joy. 

A few days I ago I got the automatic softlock / rotation working in AMS by switching the usbports of my pedals and base.

Also a month ago I wanted to try RBR again, but my wheel axis never was detected, so today I installed it again and the wheel axis was detected now. 

The problem with the softlock / rotation is only now in R3E and rFactor 2. So I assume there is a joy or axis bug in the driver / firmware.

Thank you for reading,

Ivy. 
    Hi Rinus,

we are not yet aware about any softlock/rotation problem in AMS (?). I don't know what the nature of this problem is!?
    "The problem with the softlock / rotation is only now in R3E and rFactor 2. So I assume there is a joy or axis bug in the driver / firmware."

I would prefer not do discuss this here since the problem is unclear so far and there is no indication that new driver of firmwares are related. You can easily check that with older drivers and firmwares. Alternatively you can discuss the issue with our support team if the issue is not related to beta software.

Armin

• Alright. Thank your for your reply, Armin.

Kind regards,

Rinus
  • MIght want to check the drivers for missing or bugged axis / joy. 

A few days I ago I got the automatic softlock / rotation working in AMS by switching the usbports of my pedals and base.

Also a month ago I wanted to try RBR again, but my wheel axis never was detected, so today I installed it again and the wheel axis was detected now. 

The problem with the softlock / rotation is only now in R3E and rFactor 2. So I assume there is a joy or axis bug in the driver / firmware.

Thank you for reading,

Ivy. 
    This is a Game Developer Issue---> It is up to Game Devs to make sure the program in the Current Fanatec SDK to ensure Joy sticks can be used and DOR can be Auto set by the game---> R3E Has updated to.the Latest Fanatec SDK yesterday so these issues should be Fixed.
  • Rinus HuismanRinus Huisman Member
    edited June 2017
    Well, R3E devs said something went wrong with the new patch but they promised to release a new patch or so after maintenance. Which is a good think. I honestly thought it was a axis / joy issue within the driver itself because the softlock works with AMS when I switched ports, and the wheelaxis got detected now by RBR too. But I will leave this behind me and lets see what R3E and rFactor 2 brings. Thank you for all the replies. 

Rinus
  • Lisa HolmgrenLisa Holmgren Member
    edited June 2017
    Well, R3E devs said something went wrong with the new patch but they promised to release a new patch or so after maintenance. Which is a good think. I honestly thought it was a axis / joy issue within the driver itself because the softlock works with AMS when I switched ports, and the wheelaxis got detected now by RBR too. But I will leave this behind me and lets see what R3E and rFactor 2 brings. Thank you for all the replies. 

Rinus

Its out just now:

As promised yesterday here's our hotfix patch. 
    Added CSW 2.5 wheel range support.

• Anyone tested with CSW v2 too? Better than 261/204?

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    After running a good session with the new firmware, I can say everything is stable. Not sure if its placebo but FFB in some games feels more detailed.

Install -  Ok
    Calibrations -  Ok
    Various game tests (Forza, PCars 1-2, Dirt Rally, F1 2016, Forza Horizon) - OK

• Good move to get rid of DEA and LIN. It was indeed useless.
  • Promised to get back after some driving. Driving is very good, maybe a notch less force on the wheel with my usual settings. Thats fine with me and might explain Joseph's feel of more detail. I don't miss DEA and LIN. Only drawback i already got used to: Fanatec control panel still crashes when steam client is running online. Happy driving.
  •  - EBLDC (CSW V2.5 / CSL PS4 Motor Driver): EBLDC_V18_rev162_app

if i flash FW, it will work ?

• leon liu said:
     - EBLDC (CSW V2.5 / CSL PS4 Motor Driver): EBLDC_V18_rev162_app

if i flash FW, it will work ?

what do you mean with that?..
    Of course the new motor driver firmware 018 will work with the CSW v2.5 and CSL E PS4.
  • New driver and firmware installed and working without any problems in rfactor2 VR so far.
  • A lot of very interesting things in this new driver, I hope to be able to test it soon. Than you in the meantime. :)
  • Driver update and Firmware worked, but on the motor firmware update I get a ping error! NOT COOL!!
  • Driver update and Firmware worked, but on the motor firmware update I get a ping error! NOT COOL!!
    Please contact Fanatec Support.
  • First time installing a beta driver in the 12 months I've had the V2 and I am convinced that with this firmware and driver release, things feel better. I noticed straight away. Same settings in the sims and I have driven AC a fair bit lately. Same car too. Very happy. How can a driver update improve the hardware as noticeably as it has for me? It's quite amazing. It could be placebo as another member mentioned but I am convinced that the change is legitimate. Thoughts anyone?
  • Unfortunately this driver/firmware still is a no-go for me: I own a CSL-Elite with P1 Rim and CSL Pedals (with load cell) connected directly to the base. The rim still auto-shifts in a random way while driving, this makes it impossible to use this firmware for me. :(
    edited June 2017
    Hi Andrea,

since nobody else is reporting the issue it is definitely no general firmware issue. Please contact the support team. Let them also know if you really found another firmware which does not show this malfunction.
  • I can use this firmware patch on my CSW 1.5 (1.5 is written on the RMA package I got 1½ years ago) is working perfectly so far.
  • Hi to all,
    I have already installed, I also  did firmware upgrade of my CSW base V2.5 and my CSP V3 and everything seems to be fine.
    I am using Windows 10, 1703.
    My thanks to fanatec!
  • how I update the motor firmware in a 2,5?
  • Lisa HolmgrenLisa Holmgren Member
    edited June 2017
    v289 Beta in my V2, Win 10/64. Dirt 4. All seems to work fine. Pretty bad FFB in the game, but that´s not Fanatec fault.
  • Andrew GreggAndrew Gregg Member
    edited June 2017
    I am still getting lockups trying to access the control panel/ game controller settings on this driver/firmware and the previous one. Even went as far as to uninstall my xbo elite controller driver seeing if that was the root cause of the issue. No dice. I think because of this Assetto Corsa is effectively useless.

On a V2 with xbo hub CSP V3 and SQ 1.5 shifter...I dunno im going mad trying to get this fixed.

Getting Windows Shell Common.dll crash.
  • edited June 2017
    I am still getting lockups trying to access the control panel/ game controller settings on this driver/firmware and the previous one. Even went as far as to uninstall my xbo elite controller driver seeing if that was the root cause of the issue. No dice. I think because of this Assetto Corsa is effectively useless.

On a V2 with xbo hub CSP V3 and SQ 1.5 shifter...I dunno im going mad trying to get this fixed.

Getting Windows Shell Common.dll crash.

Hi 

Maybe this will help you like help me

First Uninstall the fanatec driver and restart the PC. 

Turn on the base and install the new 289 driver. 

Click on Fanatec wheel properties page icon and choose one of the CSW 2.5

Update the firmware via HEX file manually. You should locate the HEX file where you install the driver.

Ex: C\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel

You must pick the right HEX file to continue. Its one of the files with 600-700kb

If you dont choose the righ one, no worries nothing happens just a error message at the botton of the window. 

Pay atention at the messages . When choose the right file you are ready to continue, so just flash the new firmware, calibrate the wheel and maybe your issue will be resolved.

After many efforts and patience I put my CSW 2.5 to work flawless using this method  

• seit 2 Wochen tadellos. Das FFB fühlt sich auf Assetto Corsa besser an. die Änderungen sind alle SUPER!
    Thx!"

This discussion has been closed.